Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

Oct 30, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fables of the reconstruction

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Comments (Page 10,351)

Showing posts 207,001 - 207,020 of219,838
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
If Bitner really CARED about my mental illness, she would show sympathy for my state of mind.
I'm suspicious that she is really not following the Wiccan Rede of "harm ye none."
But maybe I have just not recognized her power of persuasion!
:)
Hey, I DID show concern, when you first came back, and it showed. You didn't want my concern. I doubt you do now, you just want something to whine about.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry ... I answered before I read this one.
It was in the post you answered. And you STILL haven't answered it. Why should I be nice to someone who is not nice?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You take the HIGH road
While I take the low road
And I'll be nowhere before you
I think I'll put that to music!
How arrogant. You're allowed to take the low road, and I'm supposed to take the high one? LOL, get over yourself.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, worry about your own Karma. You're irrelevant to mine.
How come my karma is irrelevant to you?

Don't we all belong to the same "nature," as in one for all and all for one?

The Christians at least WANT me to be helped along the righteous path ... but you don't care how far I go into the ditch and the unsanitary mud.

I'm becoming convinced that compared to you the Christians are indeed starting to appear as holy servants of god ... even though I believe the god is a flake.

You on the other hand, are certainly NOT helping my mental illness!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
How arrogant. You're allowed to take the low road, and I'm supposed to take the high one? LOL, get over yourself.
There is just no pleasing you. I give you the HIGH road to glory, and then you WANT the low road down in the mud.

What a fussy witch!!!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It was in the post you answered. And you STILL haven't answered it. Why should I be nice to someone who is not nice?
Well, the early Pagans were nice to the people they didn't like. They gave them the honor of burning them as sacrifices to the gods.

It can't GET much better than THAT.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

My guess is, the Wiccan Rede wouldn't DREAM of getting in Bitner's way.

It KNOWS it's place in the "scheme" of things.

Christians (when they weren't burning others at the stake), were taught to turn the other cheek ... but Bitner wants to turn MY other cheek.

It's no fun playing with religious folks ... as the game soon enough turns UGLY!

"Do unto others" or "harm ye none," is more often than not ... "not up to much."

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How come my karma is irrelevant to you?
Don't we all belong to the same "nature," as in one for all and all for one?
The Christians at least WANT me to be helped along the righteous path ... but you don't care how far I go into the ditch and the unsanitary mud.
I'm becoming convinced that compared to you the Christians are indeed starting to appear as holy servants of god ... even though I believe the god is a flake.
You on the other hand, are certainly NOT helping my mental illness!
Your Karma is not relevant to me. And I really don't care what you think of me. If such a hatefilled liar thought well of me, it would upset me greatly. I'd know I was doing something wrong then.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There is just no pleasing you. I give you the HIGH road to glory, and then you WANT the low road down in the mud.
What a fussy witch!!!
LOL, bullshit. You're such a disgusting liar.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

More lies and irrelevancies from June. She always deflects that way. No surprise.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

"I speak the truth, not so much as I would, but as much as I dare...."

Montaigne
Joyce

Orangeville, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

DayStorm wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to see you explain how that unborn child is totally independent of the mother and vice versus.
DayStorm, this is the way I see this.

Women have the right to decide whether to risk their life and health in pregnancy. No man has the right to force it on her or a woman.
It is NOT as much its the man's decision as the woman's. The man has ZERO at risk, while the woman's life and health are. If they are in a relationship, he should be consulted, but the final say MUST be hers.

No ifs or buts period!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Joyce wrote:
<quoted text>
DayStorm, this is the way I see this.
Women have the right to decide whether to risk their life and health in pregnancy. No man has the right to force it on her or a woman.
It is NOT as much its the man's decision as the woman's. The man has ZERO at risk, while the woman's life and health are. If they are in a relationship, he should be consulted, but the final say MUST be hers.
No ifs or buts period!
From the book “Moments on Maple Avenue … The reality of Abortion, by Louise Kapp
Howe, published in 1984 … comes the following …………….

Moreover, should husband-notification laws ever be ruled constitutional, the likely and practical effect would be that women who feared intimidation would sidestep the legal abortion facilities and revert to the clandestine solutions of the past.
Joyce

Orangeville, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Not ALWAYS. The issue depended on which pope was in "charge" at any given time in history.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
RCC doctrines on abortion have changed over the centuries. According to Augustine ("On Exodus," sections 21 and 80) and Jerome (Epistle 121, section 4), the soul did not enter the body until roughly 90 days after conception. The reason is that a soul can not enter an "unformed" body. Jerome said, "The seed gradually takes shape in the uterus, and it [abortion] does not count as killing until the individual elements have acquired their external appearance and their limbs." (This matches Bible doctrine, Leviticus 17:11, 14, "the life is in the blood," i.e., not until then, not until the aforesaid development.)
----------
The theory of "delayed animation" of the soul is from Aristotle, "On the Parts of Animals," particularly Book 7, Chapter 3, section 583b. This has the line of reasoning picked up by Jerome and Augustine.
----------
"Six thousand skulls of infants are reported to have been taken from a single fish-pond near a nunnery...." says Republican Senator Charles Sumner, LL.D., "The Barbarism of Slavery" (Washington, DC: 4 June 1860), p 172, in support of the Campaign for President by Abraham Lincoln.
----------
Pope Innocent III once ruled that a monk who had arranged for his lover to get an abortion did not commit murder because the unborn child was not "animated." The idea that the soul enters the body AT conception is essentially a recent invention.
----------
The RCC Canon distinguished between an "animated" (ensouled) and "unanimated" unborn child until 1869 (about the time they invented the notion of papal "infallibility"). Making it up as they go along, the RCC Canon was altered again in the 20th century to allege sinfulness of abortion at any stage of pregnancy.(For background, see, e.g., Uta Ranke-Heinemann, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven: Women, Sexuality and the Catholic Church (New York: Doubleday, 1990). And note that "the Catholicism of today is not the Catholicism of a thousand years ago, or even one hundred years ago," says Prof. Michael Dean Murphy of the University of Alabama, writing in "Catholicism" in Religion and Culture: An Anthropological Focus, Raymond Scupin, ed.[New Jersey: Prentice Hall, 2000], p 341, citing Tali Asad, Genealogies of Religion [Baltimore: The Johns Hopkins Press, 1993], p 46.)
I get what your saying about the history of the catholic church. I guess I'm more interested what this church is still getting away with in the now.
This cult should be taxed.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

From the book “Moments on Maple Avenue … The reality of Abortion, by Louise Kapp
Howe, published in 1984 … comes the following.

After it became legal, I tried performing them for a while. But when I’d get home I’d feel rotten. And yet I absolutely feel it’s a woman’s right. So now if a patient wants one I refer her to someone else, someone I know is skilled and reasonably priced. Does that make me a hypocrite?

William P. Given, M.D., New York Hospital; Professor, Cornell Medical School

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Joyce wrote:
<quoted text>
I get what your saying about the history of the catholic church. I guess I'm more interested what this church is still getting away with in the now.
This cult should be taxed.
Those in religion create the tax-exemption laws. Most people are in religion, so it follows that religious cults will be exempt from paying taxes.

Even the modern Pagans are jumping on board.

Apparently these days what is perceived as good for the god is also perceived as good for the goddess.
Joyce

Orangeville, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Those in religion create the tax-exemption laws. Most people are in religion, so it follows that religious cults will be exempt from paying taxes.
Even the modern Pagans are jumping on board.
Apparently these days what is perceived as good for the god is also perceived as good for the goddess.
It may be wishful thinking on my part but I believe those days of tax-exemption for all churches are going to fade away soon or in the near future. At least it will be cut down drastically.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Joyce wrote:
<quoted text>
It may be wishful thinking on my part but I believe those days of tax-exemption for all churches are going to fade away soon or in the near future. At least it will be cut down drastically.
I believe it IS wishful thinking.

The proof that tax-exemption for religious organizations is not going to fade away is in the fact that the relatively new organizations of Pagan religions also want the same status for themselves.

And the most interesting part of the issue, is that some of these religions started out as a relative joke.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

1963: The Reformed Druids of North America begins as a protest against a requirement that students at Carleton College, in Minnesota, attend religious services. Since any religious service would count, some students, including Robert Larson, started RDNA as a humorous way to test the system. The founders were Jewish, Christian and agnostic and did not intend to start a new religion. However, it subsequently evolves into one and spreads.
http://www.americanneopaganism.com/neopaganis...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

“I lie to myself all the time. But I never believe me.”

&#8213; S.E. Hinton, The Outsiders

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 207,001 - 207,020 of219,838
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

56 Users are viewing the Gay/Lesbian Forum right now

Search the Gay/Lesbian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 3 min Mikey 50,767
CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple We... (Dec '13) 3 min cpeter1313 15,544
Biggest Gay Lies 3 min Pierre 958
Indiana Won't Recognize Same-Sex Marriages 5 min Quest 83
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 5 min Frankie Rizzo 67,611
Gay marriage fight unlikely to disappear soon 12 min Truth-Hurts 274
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 18 min Frankie Rizzo 26
Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage 48 min HMT 123 Observatory 1,870
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••