Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

Oct 30, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fables of the reconstruction

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Comments
206,841 - 206,860 of 219,864 Comments Last updated Tuesday

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Child abuse in London linked to African witchcraft is “getting worse”, an expert warned as he revealed shocking details of a case involving the alleged torture of a 12-year-old girl.

Dr Hoskins said:“It’s a serious problem and it is under-reported. I’ve got several cases which are London-based child abuse involving witchcraft. I think it’s getting worse.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/torture...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

All people that adore their own religious cults don't perceive there is a problem with religion.

It's only when they observe the neighbor's religion they fore-see a problem!

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's only a few days ago, it shouldn't be very hard to find Bitner.
But I understand why you don't bring it forward.
It takes time away from you posting that I'm a liar and a fraud and mentally ill!
:)
No, it takes time away from the other things I'm also doing today.

YOU are the one who's always searching for posts. Feel free. The fact is that I did agree with you. I've done so before in this last year. You are wrong when you say I haven't.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Once again, June cannot admit that she's wrong, and that she agrees with me, and so she posts off topic irrelevancies.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Mr Hoskins gave evidence this year in the case of Kristy Bamu, a 15-year-old east London boy drowned in a bath during an exorcism. Eric Bikubi, 28, and Magalie Bamu, 29 — Kristy’s sister — were convicted of murder.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/torture...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

As long as religion continues, people will believe they must perform exorcisms to relieve the believers of demons.

It just keeps on and on and on with parents teaching their children the same old nonsense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's true. However, even before she asked for the abortion, they had already determined that there was no way to save it.
Then that means that they were against abortion ... period ... and that "also" stemmed from their religious beliefs that "god" is offended by abortion.

What is your point anyway, or do you even have one???

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then that means that they were against abortion ... period ... and that "also" stemmed from their religious beliefs that "god" is offended by abortion.
What is your point anyway, or do you even have one???
My point is what it's always been. That they should be sued, not for their beliefs, but for lying to the woman, and for medical malpractice. They ignored the law, and told her that they COULDN'T do an abortion, not that they didn't want to. Even though they KNEW that there that the fetus was going to die no matter what.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is what it's always been. That they should be sued, not for their beliefs, but for lying to the woman, and for medical malpractice. They ignored the law, and told her that they COULDN'T do an abortion, not that they didn't want to. Even though they KNEW that there that the fetus was going to die no matter what.
What lies?

If abortion is illegal they did not ignore the law, they followed the law.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Obviously it is left up to the physicians to decide what is and what is NOT life-threatening to the women, in balance with the life of the fetus.

That is a tough call for them when abortion is illegal.

I would not sue them under such circumstances. But I would try to make abortion legal, and hope that I could find physicians in a Catholic-dominated country that would perform abortions.

That also would be a tough call.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Ireland's constitution officially bans abortion, but a 1992 Supreme Court ruling said the procedure should be legalized for situations when the woman's life is at risk from continuing the pregnancy. Five governments since have refused to pass a law resolving the confusion, leaving Irish hospitals reluctant to terminate pregnancies except in the most obviously life-threatening circumstances.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/11/15/india...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

After the fact it is always easy to judge "what should have been done."

In the heat of the moment, it's not so easy.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Problem-solvers are great at solving problems in "hindsight."

I wouldn't want Bitner on my case if I made the wrong call according to Bitner.

She's mighty anxious to sue!!!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What lies?
If abortion is illegal they did not ignore the law, they followed the law.
Abortion to save a woman's life is NOT illegal. THAT lie, when they told her they COULDN'T do the abortion because Ireland is a Catholic country. They lied.

Did you even READ the article?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
Obviously it is left up to the physicians to decide what is and what is NOT life-threatening to the women, in balance with the life of the fetus.
That is a tough call for them when abortion is illegal.
I would not sue them under such circumstances. But I would try to make abortion legal, and hope that I could find physicians in a Catholic-dominated country that would perform abortions.
That also would be a tough call.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
Ireland's constitution officially bans abortion, but a 1992 Supreme Court ruling said the procedure should be legalized for situations when the woman's life is at risk from continuing the pregnancy. Five governments since have refused to pass a law resolving the confusion, leaving Irish hospitals reluctant to terminate pregnancies except in the most obviously life-threatening circumstances.
And STILL, they lied when they told her they COULDN'T do the abortion.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Those in religion are ever anxious to bend rules of government to suit their new darling cults.

As long as people keep on adoring religion, religion and government will never be separated. It's not possible.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

In Dettmer v. Landon, 799 F.2d 929 (4th Cir. 1986), a prisoner named Herbert Daniel Dettmer who was following the correspondence course of the Church and School of Wicca, was denied access to knives which he said were necessary to his religious practice as a Wiccan. The United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia decided in Dettmer's favor, finding that Wicca was a religion, rejecting the argument put forward by the Department of Correction that it was merely a "conglomeration" of occult practices. This decision was appealed to the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, and was argued before the appellate court in April 1986, which ruled that although Wicca was a religion, it was not a violation of the First Amendment to deny a prisoner access to potential weapons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_and_Schoo...

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
After the fact it is always easy to judge "what should have been done."
In the heat of the moment, it's not so easy.
See, I KNEW you didn't read the damned thing. Three days is not "the heat of the moment", Moron.

You're a fraud. Please stop pretending you care about women, you only care about arguing, and mocking.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
See, I KNEW you didn't read the damned thing. Three days is not "the heat of the moment", Moron.
You're a fraud. Please stop pretending you care about women, you only care about arguing, and mocking.
It's still the heat of the moment ... no matter how many moments pass!

Do you believe the woman's death was "intentional" on the part of the physicians?

Five governments since have refused to pass a law resolving the confusion, leaving Irish hospitals reluctant to terminate pregnancies except in the most obviously life-threatening circumstances.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Belief in a god often interferes with the ability to use common sense.

Women with not enough money, or in emergencyy situations will not make it to England where abortion is legal and acceptable.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

An estimated 4,000 Irish women travel next door to England every year, where abortion has been legal on demand since 1967.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's still the heat of the moment ... no matter how many moments pass!
Do you believe the woman's death was "intentional" on the part of the physicians?
Five governments since have refused to pass a law resolving the confusion, leaving Irish hospitals reluctant to terminate pregnancies except in the most obviously life-threatening circumstances.
No. The lie was deliberate. The woman's death was medical malpractice.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

My guess is, those who wanted to keep abortion illegal would have been very pleased had Henry Morgentaler lost any patients in his clinic when he started to perform abortions.

Henry must have been under a tremendous amount of stress, for more than one reason, hoping that women would not die in his care.

He was indeed a brave man to face the religious element of the day and not crack under the strain.

His life was threatened, he spent time in prison, and yet he stuck to his goal in the attitude that women deserved the right to survive their abortions.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

55 Users are viewing the Gay/Lesbian Forum right now

Search the Gay/Lesbian Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage 2 min Bruno 2,529
Oklahomans React To Executive Order Protecting ... 5 min Bartholomew 4
Comment: Let's allow Christians to have their v... 6 min Warner 982
Biggest Gay Lies 8 min Zeppelin 1,165
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 13 min Hoya 52,198
Smoking is Even Worse For HIV-Positive People 16 min Sir Andrew 17
Arguments Set in Challenge to Alaska's Gay Marr... 18 min Gremlin 1
Anti-Gay Pastor: Don't Hate Me But Gays Are Pos... 4 hr Jeffreys Little Munchkin 27
•••
•••