Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#241782 Nov 18, 2012
It's human nature to want to perceive the self as "special."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the book compiled by Larousse … World Mythology

North America

Like the Indians who claim to have been created after the Flood (such as the Crow tribe quoted above), any tribe that associates its own beginnings with the emergence always claims to have held the place of honour in that arrival upon earth.

Prince George, Canada

#241783 Nov 18, 2012
At what point in history, humans connected the idea that incest produced malformed babies is any bodies guess. But the study of the ancient religious myths again and again implies that incest was "taboo" and perceived in many cults as the worst "evil" of most all "evils" as being offensive to the gods.

No doubt such malformed babies put fear into believers that the gods were not pleased with their behavior.

They didn't realize that malformed babies was a result of malfunction of cells and had nothing in common whatsoever with punishment from deities.

Prince George, Canada

#241784 Nov 18, 2012
any body's guess

Prince George, Canada

#241785 Nov 18, 2012
From the book compiled by Larousse … World Mythology

North America

From the etiological point of view, myths are the justification and experience of the strictest prohibitions, particularly incest.

Prince George, Canada

#241786 Nov 18, 2012
Back in history the white Christians taught that blacks did not have "souls." It made it easy to capture those who were black and hold them in bondage as slaves. And the blind-sighted Christians with dollar-signs in their minds and ice in their hearts mentally ingested the words of the pulpit-pounding, truth-claiming preachers.

Then as those such as John Woolman (the Quaker) started to question that there was something wrong with how the scriptures were interpreted, other Christians started to question and ultimately most Christians believed that Blacks INDEED had and have "souls." YIPPEE!!!

Yet the Christians did not stop following other words of the Christian preachers in the idea that if they could be wrong about something that harmed SO many people ... maybe they could be wrong ... PERIOD!

The fact that the followers never said "Wait a minute now ... if blacks went from not having souls to having souls ... the preachers are not trustworthy!

And MEANwhile the black people paid the price for the white Christians that did not question the bible-wielding preachers.

What a shame!

Prince George, Canada

#241787 Nov 18, 2012
Preachers of most religions NEED sin! Without sin, they would have nothing on which to point at others as evil-doers.

A short while back in history scientists could not prove that sperm and eggs from incestuous relationships sometimes caused mental and physical malfunctions in offspring ... so the sin-croppers were able to preach that incest was one of the worst offenses against "god."

But, when science proved that the sperm and egg combinations were the cause of such problems ... the preachers then had to put their focus on other supposed sins ... and homosexuals then became the prime targets of the pulpit-pounding hounds of NO mercy.

Religion is NOT good!!!

Prince George, Canada

#241788 Nov 18, 2012
I've lived a relatively long life ... much of it studying religion from objective points of view.

I assure you, that from what I studied ... if someone is in a religious cult, the attitude is ... "What's in it for ME!"

If someone wants to convert you, or lure you with sweet-talk into his/her custom-designed cult ... I suggest you walk away, as they are up to NO GOOD!

"Come to church with us June," they said, in their sweet tones, as though butter wouldn't melt in their mouths.

But I had witnessed their behavior, and understood that they were NOT holy. They were simply mortal selfish humans ... on the TAKE!!!

Prince George, Canada

#241789 Nov 18, 2012
Such ignorance was and still is rife!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book, "The Way Our People Lived," ... An intimate American history, by William E. Woodward, published 1944, comes the following ...

The Puritan temperament was deeply tinctured with an inclination towards needless self-torture. Their ministers seldom preached of the joys of heaven; the emphasis in the sermon was laid on the tortures and terrors of hell. Jonathan Edwards-the most famous of colonial divines, declared that God takes delight in the suffering of poor lost sinners.

Those elected for goodness, having fought in this world against evil, would in the next life be lifted up to an infinite happiness; and, looking down out of heaven, they would realize their own ecstasy by contrasting it with the infinite misery of the sinners in the flames of hell.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#241790 Nov 18, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't you EVER call me a liar back then, before I studied Wicca???
Why were you ALWAYS happy to see and read my posts back then???
Why didn't you claim that I was mentally ill back then, before I studied Wicca???
Silly witch!!!
None of the above had anything to do with Wicca, which you NEVER "studied". You just went looking for ammo, because I DARED to ask you, nicely, not to paint all religions with the same broad brush. And the reason I didn't ask that before you came back, is for the simple reason that you DIDN'T do so before you left.

Prince George, Canada

#241791 Nov 18, 2012
The devout believers were so afraid of offending a god ... again and again and again, they brutalized their own children ... many to death!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Lesbian Images by Jane Rule

Phylis Chesler includes a case in her “Women and Madness” of a woman who when she was ten years old, was given shock treatment for indulging in lesbian play.

Prince George, Canada

#241792 Nov 18, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
None of the above had anything to do with Wicca, which you NEVER "studied". You just went looking for ammo, because I DARED to ask you, nicely, not to paint all religions with the same broad brush. And the reason I didn't ask that before you came back, is for the simple reason that you DIDN'T do so before you left.
I didn't study Wicca at all before I left and came back to this thread.

Your religion is also based on lies. Had you been a REAL Wiccan, you would be a homophobe as was Gerald Gardner.

Instead, you want to play cute and innocent, as do all people in preferential religious cults!

My guess is, you became a Wiccan to play at witch-games and have sex as it pleased you.

Prince George, Canada

#241793 Nov 18, 2012
"Don't place my cult at a low scale as the low scale of other religions" threatens goddess Bitner.

What a pile of steaming manure!!!

She even threatened me with libel ... on a forum no less!!!

Stupid woman!

Prince George, Canada

#241794 Nov 18, 2012
The "brilliant" idea that a god was offended by masturbation was also a con-job put upon society by men with pens at the "ready."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the site ... Religious Tolerance.

None of the Apostolic Fathers wrote about masturbation.

The first mention of masturbation within the Catholic Church is found in sixth century CE penitentials. 1 These were books or a set of church rules concerning the sacrament of penance. They were first developed by priests as unofficial handbooks that gave standard penances for the most commonly confessed sins.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/masturba10 ....

Prince George, Canada

#241795 Nov 18, 2012
Penance of all types was taught so that believers would feel that a god wanted them punished.

The preachers and authors of the stupidity were the ones that wanted the followers punished.

Ridiculous blather from cruel humans.

Prince George, Canada

#241796 Nov 18, 2012
The guilt and physical torture suffered by humans of all ages thoughout history because of the teachings of those in religion is without question the worst blight ever put upon humans.

And it continues and continues and continues ... without interruption!

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#241797 Nov 18, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
Back in history the white Christians taught that blacks did not have "souls." It made it easy to capture those who were black and hold them in bondage as slaves. And the blind-sighted Christians with dollar-signs in their minds and ice in their hearts mentally ingested the words of the pulpit-pounding, truth-claiming preachers.
Then as those such as John Woolman (the Quaker) started to question that there was something wrong with how the scriptures were interpreted, other Christians started to question and ultimately most Christians believed that Blacks INDEED had and have "souls." YIPPEE!!!
Yet the Christians did not stop following other words of the Christian preachers in the idea that if they could be wrong about something that harmed SO many people ... maybe they could be wrong ... PERIOD!
The fact that the followers never said "Wait a minute now ... if blacks went from not having souls to having souls ... the preachers are not trustworthy!
And MEANwhile the black people paid the price for the white Christians that did not question the bible-wielding preachers.
What a shame!
June, I remember learning of that also; plus there was a time supposedly when they believed women didn't have souls either. What a mess, huh? Those teachings upheld by the "one, true church".
paul mshykora arts

Calgary, Canada

#241798 Nov 18, 2012
...THERE Is ..''NO''..War on Women and Children,here,..tooooooooooooo oooo booooooooot...eh..(-)...

Prince George, Canada

#241799 Nov 18, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
June, I remember learning of that also; plus there was a time supposedly when they believed women didn't have souls either. What a mess, huh? Those teachings upheld by the "one, true church".
All religion was and is created from human imagination, and so it can't help but BE crap and more crap.

Human imagination can't do anything but revolve around it's self.

Prince George, Canada

#241800 Nov 18, 2012
A team lead by Berta has now used the Hubble Space Telescope to determine that the planet is indeed like Neptune's younger brother. That means it's fairly loaded with water, and that has big implications for finding earthlike biology in unearthly places. But it took a lot of astronomical sleuthing — not to mention some counterintuitive thinking — to suss out the new planet's nature.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,859...

Prince George, Canada

#241801 Nov 18, 2012
By its very nature, religion can't adhere to any concept whatsoever that the universe was not created by deities, or one deity.

Humans of religion are stuck on the idea that they are special in one or another divine plan, and they need that mindset to keep their religions going.

Science without religion is not going to occur if those in religion keep demanding it has to be perceived their way!

And as most people are in religion ... my guess is, unless something astounding occurs in the field of science ... it WILL keep being perceived by the majority in religions their way as in ... "The universe was created ... PERIOD!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr D-U-H 50,041
State of Alaska defends gay-marriage ban 2 hr NorCal Native 123
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr lides 3,474
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 3 hr lides 627
Luhrmann, Gisele hit Chanel's Parisian boulevard 4 hr Jumper The wise 4
Divorce Law Out Of Synch With Same-Sex Marriage 4 hr Jumper The wise 19
Man Charged in Bushwick Anti-Gay Shooting Left ... 4 hr Jumper The wise 12
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 5 hr BARTHOLOMEW 2,248
Board member opposes teaching definition of gay 8 hr DNF 104

Gay/Lesbian People Search