Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

Oct 30, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fables of the reconstruction

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Comments
206,481 - 206,500 of 219,425 Comments Last updated Saturday Aug 23

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#241617 Nov 16, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. It would not be murder at all.
Of course it wouldn't! But if you had your way ... it WOULD!

My guess is, you would have no mercy on those physicians ... NONE!!!

"How DARE they," is your attitude!

Prince George, Canada

#241618 Nov 16, 2012
My guess is, if one such as Bitner went into law, she would be a prosecutor, NOT a defense lawyer.

Everyone would be guilty until proven by further testimony of countless witnesses as innocent ... unless they were Wiccan.

Bitner would let other prosecutors take those cases, as she wouldn't want to appear to favor her own religion.{{{snicker}}}

Atheists do not favor those in any religion, so a lawyer who is Atheist, whether a prosecutor, or a defense lawyer would be best to keep quiet about his/her Atheism.

Very quiet indeed.

Prince George, Canada

#241619 Nov 16, 2012
Observe the hard features of the prosecutor Nancy Grace, and through his religion, the prosecuting pope (concerning who will burn in hell)... and you will see that harsh judgment takes its toll on the facial features of those who KNOW such certain answers!

But sometimes there IS a backlash.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Nancy Grace will likely get sued for her unprofessional crusade to deny Casey Anthony a fair trial, put her to death, and gin up public hatred against her

The prosecution’s case fell apart by overcharging Casey Anthony and trying to put her to death.

Had they charged her with manslaughter or some lesser murder charge, they might well have gotten a conviction. The prosecution made a strong circumstantial case that Casey Anthony had something to do with the death of her daughter.

http://www.escapetyranny.com/2011/07/05/nancy...

Prince George, Canada

#241620 Nov 16, 2012
Nancy Grace's fiance of many years past was "murdered."

My guess is, Nancy had her "reasons" for becoming a prosecutor!

Note her mention of how "god" ultimately gave her "something good."

Whether her aggression to make her fiance's death meaningful is "good" ... is a matter of opinion.

I believe she "could be" dangerous to those that she believes gets in "her" way of settling an over-due debt to HER.

Prince George, Canada

#241621 Nov 16, 2012
The Catholic "church" has been sued many times for the cover-up of the pope in the sex-abuse scandal.

But the pope has not been sued!

Religion often protects criminals that otherwise would have to answer to an earthly judge.

Whether real justice will ensue is any body's guess, but if there is simply more of the same after death ... the pope will be sitting on a throne, still claiming he IS in deed preaching "truth."

Prince George, Canada

#241622 Nov 16, 2012
What NEXT???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>

Top court hears botched home circumcision case Friday

OTTAWA — The Supreme Court of Canada will hear on Friday the dramatic case of a B.C. father who, for religious reasons, tried to circumcise his four-year-old son on his kitchen floor with a carpet blade and a blood coagulant meant for horses.

Counsel for D.J.W. will argue that the man’s actions were performed with “reasonable care” and without intent to harm his son.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/court+hears+bo...

Prince George, Canada

#241623 Nov 16, 2012
It is NEVER the children that choose to have their genitals mutilated.

It is the sickness of adults suffering from religious indoctrination that keep on inflicting the needless suffering.

And they carry on the rituals because they don't question that the rituals were created by ancient human mental-malpractice.

Prince George, Canada

#241624 Nov 16, 2012
The idea that a god would create a foreskin only to have men cut off the foreskin because the god finds it "necessary," is beyond ludicrous.

Yet the rabbis and the mullahs continue to preach their supposed truths.

And the followers continue to follow.

Prince George, Canada

#241625 Nov 16, 2012
Chris Hitchens and the "knowing> rabbi!

Joyce

Innisfil, Canada

#241626 Nov 16, 2012
tman wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. We both have diagreements and we both believe we are the ones who are right. However, I believe that my views on abortion are more progressive than yours because new medical science and technology favor the pro-life movement.
No matter what you say the bottom line is you believe the unborn always comes first than the pregnant female. That's the way the Roman Catholic Church sees it and always did.

Prince George, Canada

#241627 Nov 16, 2012
Joyce wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter what you say the bottom line is you believe the unborn always comes first than the pregnant female. That's the way the Roman Catholic Church sees it and always did.
Not ALWAYS. The issue depended on which pope was in "charge" at any given time in history.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

RCC doctrines on abortion have changed over the centuries. According to Augustine ("On Exodus," sections 21 and 80) and Jerome (Epistle 121, section 4), the soul did not enter the body until roughly 90 days after conception. The reason is that a soul can not enter an "unformed" body. Jerome said, "The seed gradually takes shape in the uterus, and it [abortion] does not count as killing until the individual elements have acquired their external appearance and their limbs." (This matches Bible doctrine, Leviticus 17:11, 14, "the life is in the blood," i.e., not until then, not until the aforesaid development.)
----------
The theory of "delayed animation" of the soul is from Aristotle, "On the Parts of Animals," particularly Book 7, Chapter 3, section 583b. This has the line of reasoning picked up by Jerome and Augustine.
----------
"Six thousand skulls of infants are reported to have been taken from a single fish-pond near a nunnery...." says Republican Senator Charles Sumner, LL.D., "The Barbarism of Slavery" (Washington, DC: 4 June 1860), p 172, in support of the Campaign for President by Abraham Lincoln.
----------
Pope Innocent III once ruled that a monk who had arranged for his lover to get an abortion did not commit murder because the unborn child was not "animated." The idea that the soul enters the body AT conception is essentially a recent invention.
----------
The RCC Canon distinguished between an "animated" (ensouled) and "unanimated" unborn child until 1869 (about the time they invented the notion of papal "infallibility"). Making it up as they go along, the RCC Canon was altered again in the 20th century to allege sinfulness of abortion at any stage of pregnancy.(For background, see, e.g., Uta Ranke-Heinemann, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven: Women, Sexuality and the Catholic Church (New York: Doubleday, 1990). And note that "the Catholicism of today is not the Catholicism of a thousand years ago, or even one hundred years ago," says Prof. Michael Dean Murphy of the University of Alabama, writing in "Catholicism" in Religion and Culture: An Anthropological Focus, Raymond Scupin, ed.[New Jersey: Prentice Hall, 2000], p 341, citing Tali Asad, Genealogies of Religion [Baltimore: The Johns Hopkins Press, 1993], p 46.)

Prince George, Canada

#241628 Nov 16, 2012
I never realized how silly I used to sound when over and over and over I sang the popular hymn "Praise the Lord, I saw the light."

I now wonder what light I figured I had seen!

No doubt I thought it was the RIGHT light.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#241629 Nov 16, 2012
I now perceive that I was about as "enlightened" as a light bulb ... a dim one at that!

:)

Prince George, Canada

#241630 Nov 16, 2012
I watched a program where a guidance counselor in a school got into a physical fracas with another teacher and bent the teacher's finger until it broke.

The judge gave both of the women quite a lecture about teaching children the improper way of handling anger.

To me, it is just another example of teachers teaching what first needed to be learned.

It's comparable to preachers in religion teaching the value of being moral, when they can't even perceive that being moral to one person means being immoral, or amoral to another.

When a Christian found out that I was NOT Christian, I was accused of being amoral. Needless to say ... I wasn't impressed with the supposed "moral" nature of the Christian.

Prince George, Canada

#241631 Nov 16, 2012
And to top it off, the teachers had their physical fight in front of some students.

WAY to go teachers!!!

Show the kids that you TOO are human, and that will teach them that if adults seem too good to be true, it's because they are not being true.

Prince George, Canada

#241632 Nov 16, 2012
And on and on and on it goes. IF it stops ... nobody knows!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

The California Teachers Association this week sent the letter to parent Doris Gomez, admonishing her for speaking out against Monte Vista Elementary School teacher Marianne Lawson.

Gomez is alleging that on Feb. 15, the sixth-grade teacher grabbed her son roughly by the arm and pulled him out from behind his desk, made fun of him in front of class and asked him if he was dating another male student in the class.

"They're telling me in not so many words not to continue with these actions, but I'm doing this for my son," Gomez said. "I'm not harassing her or doing anything but defending my son. My son is afraid, he's biting his nails. I can see this has affected him, so I'm just basically defending him and being his voice."

Calls to the California Teacher's Association and the Teachers Association of West Covina were not returned.

http://www.sgvtribune.com/news/ci_20277260/un...

Prince George, Canada

#241633 Nov 16, 2012
From my perspective the parents of gay children have the right to expect teachers not to be anti-homosexual.

But when teachers are raised by homophobic religious parents to believe that a god is offended by homosexuality ... the teachers might believe they are merely taking care of "sin" in the classrooms.

In such cases there can be no "meeting of the minds."

One or another law has to rule, and if taken to court, that will be decided in the courts.

In such cases, parents of homosexuals that want to defend what they believe are the rights of their children, can only hope that the judges are not heavy-duty Christians from the "old" schools of thought.

Prince George, Canada

#241634 Nov 16, 2012
My guess is, many Christians of the day were certain that "god" would punish Thomas Jefferson for being too lenient of what they perceived was the sin against "god" of homosexuality.

The people that were homosexual were perceived as nothing but OBJECTS of sin, or sin-containers to the self-perceived holy Christians.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

In 1779, Thomas Jefferson proposed a law that would mandate castration for gay men and mutilation of nose cartilage for gay women. But that's not the scary part. Here's the scary part: Jefferson was considered a liberal. At the time, the most common penalty on the books was death.

http://civilliberty.about.com/od/gendersexual ...

Prince George, Canada

#241635 Nov 16, 2012
Jefferson pitied the black people because he was certina that "god" ordained them to be black.

In memory of the ones who were born black by nature's design, I pity the black people for having to endure the blatant cruelty and ignorance of the Christians.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Forest G. Wood is the author of “The Arrogance of Faith.”

In his classic Notes on the State of Virginia (1785), Jefferson remarked how “unfortunate” it was that it had pleased God to make Africans black

Prince George, Canada

#241636 Nov 16, 2012
certain

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Biggest Gay Lies 8 min Duran 1,722
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 57 min KiMerde 54,990
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 1 hr DebraE 67,978
3 states, plaintiffs want Supreme Court to hear... 1 hr nhjeff 14
Ga. teen kicked out after admitting he's gay to... 1 hr WasteWater 4
Supreme Court: Was gay marriage settled in 1972... 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 554
Gay marriage opponents take lower profile 2 hr Tam Phat 7
California Takes a Stand Against Gay and Trans ... 3 hr Fa-Foxy 54
Gay Marriage Vs. the First Amendment 11 hr Frankie Rizzo 410
•••