Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#241556 Nov 15, 2012
When performed by qualified Physicians and medical personnel appropriately trained about the medical and surgical abortion techniques, it is a relatively safe and necessary procedure. In the United States, for example, the death rate for abortion is currently 0.6 per 100 000 procedures, making it as safe or safer than receiving an injection of penicillin.

http://www.womenscenter.com/abortion_stats.ht...

Prince George, Canada

#241557 Nov 15, 2012
Lack of money ranks very high.

http://www.womenscenter.com/abortion_stats.ht...

Prince George, Canada

#241558 Nov 15, 2012
To raise another child, when a family is already strapped for money, and maybe lives in a high-crime area, where drug-usage and murder are normal occurrences ... abortion probably seems the best alternative for all involved.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#241559 Nov 15, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
To raise another child, when a family is already strapped for money, and maybe lives in a high-crime area, where drug-usage and murder are normal occurrences ... abortion probably seems the best alternative for all involved.
Not for the child.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#241560 Nov 15, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
In America abortion is legal, and physicians feel comfortable that the law (for the most part) will protect them.
In Ireland, where abortion is illegal, the law-makers could (on a whim) easily remove the licences of the physicians if they, according TO the law makers, make the wrong decisions.
AND, another article you didn't read fully. It wasn't talking about the US, Moron, but in countries where abortion is illegal. By the way, it's NOT illegal in Ireland if the woman's life is in danger. And the gov't cannot second guess the physicians. All it takes is for the doctor to decide.

Your outrage is false, given that you are fine with the situation in Ireland, which is the same, with the only differences being that one was about botched abortions, and the other was about spontaneous abortion, AND the fact that I was objecting to the latter, and you can't bring yourself to agree with me.

You prove daily what a fraud you are.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#241561 Nov 15, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Within the "confines" of the law, I believe the physicians did their best.
And I believe that from past discussions with you ... you are eager to sue.
Deflection. Nothing but deflection from you, that last part. I've never sued anyone, but this situation merits it.

The law allows THEM to decide if it's an emergency situation. It was, and they LIED to the woman, and told her they COULDN'T do anything for her. That is not ANYONE'S best.

And the truly pathetic part of this whole thing is that you'd agree, if it wasn't for the fact that it's ME objecting, and you just can't bring yourself to agree with me.

You're a cowardly fraud.

Prince George, Canada

#241562 Nov 15, 2012
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Not for the child.
It's ever so easy for you who doesn't have to make the tough choices!

Prince George, Canada

#241563 Nov 15, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Deflection. Nothing but deflection from you, that last part. I've never sued anyone, but this situation merits it.
The law allows THEM to decide if it's an emergency situation. It was, and they LIED to the woman, and told her they COULDN'T do anything for her. That is not ANYONE'S best.
And the truly pathetic part of this whole thing is that you'd agree, if it wasn't for the fact that it's ME objecting, and you just can't bring yourself to agree with me.
You're a cowardly fraud.
Then what you are stating is that they ended her life by intention.

I don't believe you.

Your answer if too cut and dried!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#241564 Nov 15, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what you are stating is that they ended her life by intention.
I don't believe you.
Your answer if too cut and dried!
No, that is not what I'm stating. Learn to read.

SPEAKING of reading, it's not MY answer. It's the facts of the case as given in the article, AND of the laws in Ireland that YOU posted a link to. Obviously, YOU failed to read either fully.
tman

Commack, NY

#241565 Nov 15, 2012
There is nothing wrong with being gay. Yet there is also nothing wrong with being pro-life or Catholic. As a straight pro-life Catholic I treat gays like anyone else. I'm not mean to them nor do I treat them better than everyone else. They, like me, are human. The church isn't waging a war because the church, which has been around for over 2000 years, accepts gays and tries to help scared women who are seeking abortion. The only war that I'm seeing is on the Church itself.

Prince George, Canada

#241566 Nov 15, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
SPEAKING of reading, it's not MY answer. It's the facts of the case as given in the article, AND of the laws in Ireland that YOU posted a link to. Obviously, YOU failed to read either fully.
The consultant said,‘As long as there is a foetal heartbeat we can’t do anything’."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/abortion-laws-...

Prince George, Canada

#241567 Nov 15, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is, the physicians honestly believed that they could not operate.

There is probably more to the story than meets the eye.

People always want to jump to conclusions.

If the family of the deceased woman takes the issue to court, my guess is, more infomation will come out as time goes by.

Until then, I will believe that the physicians did the best they could by how they perceived the situation.

Whether they had all their information correct, is the question that is yet to be answered.

Prince George, Canada

#241568 Nov 15, 2012
The uproar over this issue will bring the issue of legal abortion into the spotlight .. but being a country of heavy Catholicism is going to be a touchy issue probably for some time yet to come.

No doubt women of the Catholic faith that can afford to, are going to England on a regular basis for abortions.

Prince George, Canada

#241569 Nov 15, 2012
From the book “Chronology of Women’s History,” by Kirstin Olsen, comes the following………

In India, a woman dies about every ten minutes from a botched abortion. Abortion is legal in India in many cases, but many women in rural areas have no access to clinics.

Prince George, Canada

#241570 Nov 15, 2012
From the book “Chronology of Women’s History,” by Kirstin Olsen, comes the following………

A Peruvian report estimates that 10-15% of the women in its prisons have been jailed for obtaining or performing abortions. Peru’s death rate from abortion (50 in 10,000 women) is ten times that of most industrialized nations. Most abortions are punishable by jail for both the doctor or midwife and the women who chooses to abort.

Prince George, Canada

#241571 Nov 15, 2012
tman wrote:
There is nothing wrong with being gay. Yet there is also nothing wrong with being pro-life or Catholic. As a straight pro-life Catholic I treat gays like anyone else. I'm not mean to them nor do I treat them better than everyone else. They, like me, are human. The church isn't waging a war because the church, which has been around for over 2000 years, accepts gays and tries to help scared women who are seeking abortion. The only war that I'm seeing is on the Church itself.
It's all matters of opinions.

What you believe is right will be perceived by another as wrong, and vica versa.

It's just the way it is.

Prince George, Canada

#241572 Nov 15, 2012

Sixty-five percent of women over eighteen in Mexico have children. Although abortion is illegal in most cases, about 1.6 million abortions are performed yearly, 92% of them under unsanitary conditions. About 100,000 women die each year from botched abortions.

Prince George, Canada

#241573 Nov 15, 2012
The way it was
The way it is
The way it oughta be
Just no tellin about some things

Author unknown
tman

Commack, NY

#241574 Nov 15, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all matters of opinions.
What you believe is right will be perceived by another as wrong, and vica versa.
It's just the way it is.
I know. We both have diagreements and we both believe we are the ones who are right. However, I believe that my views on abortion are more progressive than yours because new medical science and technology favor the pro-life movement.

Prince George, Canada

#241575 Nov 15, 2012
tman wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. We both have diagreements and we both believe we are the ones who are right. However, I believe that my views on abortion are more progressive than yours because new medical science and technology favor the pro-life movement.
You might be right!

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 36 min jcofe 5,172
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 44 min KiMare 26,906
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 58 min KiMare 3,027
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 51,285
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 hr Brian_G 6,077
Biggest Gay Lies (May '14) 5 hr Frankie Rizzo 2,726
The NE Jade Christmas Day Thread 6 hr Farmsworth 1
Florida clerks won't give gays marriage licenses 8 hr NorCal Native 21
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 13 hr Poopdeck Pappy 68,588
More from around the web