Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Read more

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#241683 Nov 17, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I be nice to someone who is not?
Worry about your own Karma. I don't need you to tell me about mine. You're irrelevant.
So you would rather critisize and condemn mentally ill people, than try to help them overcome their mental illnesses???

That could result in very negative karma in deed Bitner!

:)

Prince George, Canada

#241684 Nov 17, 2012
If Bitner really CARED about my mental illness, she would show sympathy for my state of mind.

I'm suspicious that she is really not following the Wiccan Rede of "harm ye none."

But maybe I have just not recognized her power of persuasion!

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#241685 Nov 17, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you would rather critisize and condemn mentally ill people, than try to help them overcome their mental illnesses???
That could result in very negative karma in deed Bitner!
Again, worry about your own Karma. You're irrelevant to mine.

You didn't answer my question; why should I be nice to someone who is not nice?

Prince George, Canada

#241686 Nov 17, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I be nice to someone who is not?
You take the HIGH road
While I take the low road
And I'll be nowhere before you

I think I'll put that to music!

Prince George, Canada

#241687 Nov 17, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer my question; why should I be nice to someone who is not nice?
Sorry ... I answered before I read this one.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#241688 Nov 17, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
If Bitner really CARED about my mental illness, she would show sympathy for my state of mind.
I'm suspicious that she is really not following the Wiccan Rede of "harm ye none."
But maybe I have just not recognized her power of persuasion!
Hey, I DID show concern, when you first came back, and it showed. You didn't want my concern. I doubt you do now, you just want something to whine about.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#241689 Nov 17, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry ... I answered before I read this one.
It was in the post you answered. And you STILL haven't answered it. Why should I be nice to someone who is not nice?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#241690 Nov 17, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You take the HIGH road
While I take the low road
And I'll be nowhere before you
I think I'll put that to music!
How arrogant. You're allowed to take the low road, and I'm supposed to take the high one? LOL, get over yourself.

Prince George, Canada

#241691 Nov 17, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, worry about your own Karma. You're irrelevant to mine.
How come my karma is irrelevant to you?

Don't we all belong to the same "nature," as in one for all and all for one?

The Christians at least WANT me to be helped along the righteous path ... but you don't care how far I go into the ditch and the unsanitary mud.

I'm becoming convinced that compared to you the Christians are indeed starting to appear as holy servants of god ... even though I believe the god is a flake.

You on the other hand, are certainly NOT helping my mental illness!

Prince George, Canada

#241692 Nov 17, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
How arrogant. You're allowed to take the low road, and I'm supposed to take the high one? LOL, get over yourself.
There is just no pleasing you. I give you the HIGH road to glory, and then you WANT the low road down in the mud.

What a fussy witch!!!

Prince George, Canada

#241693 Nov 17, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It was in the post you answered. And you STILL haven't answered it. Why should I be nice to someone who is not nice?
Well, the early Pagans were nice to the people they didn't like. They gave them the honor of burning them as sacrifices to the gods.

It can't GET much better than THAT.

Prince George, Canada

#241694 Nov 17, 2012
My guess is, the Wiccan Rede wouldn't DREAM of getting in Bitner's way.

It KNOWS it's place in the "scheme" of things.

Christians (when they weren't burning others at the stake), were taught to turn the other cheek ... but Bitner wants to turn MY other cheek.

It's no fun playing with religious folks ... as the game soon enough turns UGLY!

"Do unto others" or "harm ye none," is more often than not ... "not up to much."

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#241695 Nov 17, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How come my karma is irrelevant to you?
Don't we all belong to the same "nature," as in one for all and all for one?
The Christians at least WANT me to be helped along the righteous path ... but you don't care how far I go into the ditch and the unsanitary mud.
I'm becoming convinced that compared to you the Christians are indeed starting to appear as holy servants of god ... even though I believe the god is a flake.
You on the other hand, are certainly NOT helping my mental illness!
Your Karma is not relevant to me. And I really don't care what you think of me. If such a hatefilled liar thought well of me, it would upset me greatly. I'd know I was doing something wrong then.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#241696 Nov 17, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There is just no pleasing you. I give you the HIGH road to glory, and then you WANT the low road down in the mud.
What a fussy witch!!!
LOL, bullshit. You're such a disgusting liar.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#241697 Nov 17, 2012
More lies and irrelevancies from June. She always deflects that way. No surprise.

Prince George, Canada

#241698 Nov 17, 2012
"I speak the truth, not so much as I would, but as much as I dare...."

Montaigne
Joyce

Innisfil, Canada

#241699 Nov 17, 2012
DayStorm wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to see you explain how that unborn child is totally independent of the mother and vice versus.
DayStorm, this is the way I see this.

Women have the right to decide whether to risk their life and health in pregnancy. No man has the right to force it on her or a woman.
It is NOT as much its the man's decision as the woman's. The man has ZERO at risk, while the woman's life and health are. If they are in a relationship, he should be consulted, but the final say MUST be hers.

No ifs or buts period!

Prince George, Canada

#241701 Nov 17, 2012
Joyce wrote:
<quoted text>
DayStorm, this is the way I see this.
Women have the right to decide whether to risk their life and health in pregnancy. No man has the right to force it on her or a woman.
It is NOT as much its the man's decision as the woman's. The man has ZERO at risk, while the woman's life and health are. If they are in a relationship, he should be consulted, but the final say MUST be hers.
No ifs or buts period!
From the book “Moments on Maple Avenue … The reality of Abortion, by Louise Kapp
Howe, published in 1984 … comes the following …………….

Moreover, should husband-notification laws ever be ruled constitutional, the likely and practical effect would be that women who feared intimidation would sidestep the legal abortion facilities and revert to the clandestine solutions of the past.
Joyce

Innisfil, Canada

#241702 Nov 17, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Not ALWAYS. The issue depended on which pope was in "charge" at any given time in history.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
RCC doctrines on abortion have changed over the centuries. According to Augustine ("On Exodus," sections 21 and 80) and Jerome (Epistle 121, section 4), the soul did not enter the body until roughly 90 days after conception. The reason is that a soul can not enter an "unformed" body. Jerome said, "The seed gradually takes shape in the uterus, and it [abortion] does not count as killing until the individual elements have acquired their external appearance and their limbs." (This matches Bible doctrine, Leviticus 17:11, 14, "the life is in the blood," i.e., not until then, not until the aforesaid development.)
----------
The theory of "delayed animation" of the soul is from Aristotle, "On the Parts of Animals," particularly Book 7, Chapter 3, section 583b. This has the line of reasoning picked up by Jerome and Augustine.
----------
"Six thousand skulls of infants are reported to have been taken from a single fish-pond near a nunnery...." says Republican Senator Charles Sumner, LL.D., "The Barbarism of Slavery" (Washington, DC: 4 June 1860), p 172, in support of the Campaign for President by Abraham Lincoln.
----------
Pope Innocent III once ruled that a monk who had arranged for his lover to get an abortion did not commit murder because the unborn child was not "animated." The idea that the soul enters the body AT conception is essentially a recent invention.
----------
The RCC Canon distinguished between an "animated" (ensouled) and "unanimated" unborn child until 1869 (about the time they invented the notion of papal "infallibility"). Making it up as they go along, the RCC Canon was altered again in the 20th century to allege sinfulness of abortion at any stage of pregnancy.(For background, see, e.g., Uta Ranke-Heinemann, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven: Women, Sexuality and the Catholic Church (New York: Doubleday, 1990). And note that "the Catholicism of today is not the Catholicism of a thousand years ago, or even one hundred years ago," says Prof. Michael Dean Murphy of the University of Alabama, writing in "Catholicism" in Religion and Culture: An Anthropological Focus, Raymond Scupin, ed.[New Jersey: Prentice Hall, 2000], p 341, citing Tali Asad, Genealogies of Religion [Baltimore: The Johns Hopkins Press, 1993], p 46.)
I get what your saying about the history of the catholic church. I guess I'm more interested what this church is still getting away with in the now.
This cult should be taxed.

Prince George, Canada

#241703 Nov 17, 2012
From the book “Moments on Maple Avenue … The reality of Abortion, by Louise Kapp
Howe, published in 1984 … comes the following.

After it became legal, I tried performing them for a while. But when I’d get home I’d feel rotten. And yet I absolutely feel it’s a woman’s right. So now if a patient wants one I refer her to someone else, someone I know is skilled and reasonably priced. Does that make me a hypocrite?

William P. Given, M.D., New York Hospital; Professor, Cornell Medical School

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are the mods fair and balanced? 2 min Reverend Alan 464
News Youths tackle gay marriage issue 4 min Belle Sexton 4
News Chinese activist more determined after lockup 5 min Belle Sexton 1
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 7 min lides 19,171
Will NE Jade Change his Diaper Twoday? 9 min Paparazzi Gaydar 2
News Which presidential hopefuls would attend a gay ... 10 min Go Blue Forever 79
News Gay Marriage' Rooted in Fraud, Child Rape 21 min Rainbow Kid 13
News Hillary Clinton has a new position on same-sex ... 52 min spud 212
News U.S. corporations pressure two states accused o... 1 hr Reverend Alan 806
News Shop owner will deny - openly gay' customers 5 hr Brian_G 38
More from around the web