Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 219997 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#241541 Nov 15, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
After the fact it is always easy to judge "what should have been done."
In the heat of the moment, it's not so easy.
See, I KNEW you didn't read the damned thing. Three days is not "the heat of the moment", Moron.

You're a fraud. Please stop pretending you care about women, you only care about arguing, and mocking.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#241542 Nov 15, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
See, I KNEW you didn't read the damned thing. Three days is not "the heat of the moment", Moron.
You're a fraud. Please stop pretending you care about women, you only care about arguing, and mocking.
It's still the heat of the moment ... no matter how many moments pass!

Do you believe the woman's death was "intentional" on the part of the physicians?

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Five governments since have refused to pass a law resolving the confusion, leaving Irish hospitals reluctant to terminate pregnancies except in the most obviously life-threatening circumstances.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/11/15/india...

Prince George, Canada

#241543 Nov 15, 2012
Belief in a god often interferes with the ability to use common sense.

Women with not enough money, or in emergencyy situations will not make it to England where abortion is legal and acceptable.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

An estimated 4,000 Irish women travel next door to England every year, where abortion has been legal on demand since 1967.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#241544 Nov 15, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's still the heat of the moment ... no matter how many moments pass!
Do you believe the woman's death was "intentional" on the part of the physicians?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
Five governments since have refused to pass a law resolving the confusion, leaving Irish hospitals reluctant to terminate pregnancies except in the most obviously life-threatening circumstances.
No. The lie was deliberate. The woman's death was medical malpractice.

Prince George, Canada

#241545 Nov 15, 2012
My guess is, those who wanted to keep abortion illegal would have been very pleased had Henry Morgentaler lost any patients in his clinic when he started to perform abortions.

Henry must have been under a tremendous amount of stress, for more than one reason, hoping that women would not die in his care.

He was indeed a brave man to face the religious element of the day and not crack under the strain.

His life was threatened, he spent time in prison, and yet he stuck to his goal in the attitude that women deserved the right to survive their abortions.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#241546 Nov 15, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It was "meant" to be personal.
I perceive you are a pompous arrogant bore!
That's interesting. From what I've seen most people say the same about you. I'm one of them.

Prince George, Canada

#241547 Nov 15, 2012
Abortion Statistics

One woman dies every 7 minutes around the world due to an unsafe illegal abortion. Women who undergo illegal abortions are those who are very poor and do not have access to family planning facilities for education and prevention of unwanted pregnancies

Making abortion illegal or legal has no effect on the total number of abortions performed in the world. Making abortion legal dramatically reduces maternal morbidity and mortality.

Nearly 50% of pregnancies that occur yearly are unwanted with nearly of those pregnant women terminating their pregnancy. In essence; 42 million choose to terminate their pregnancy with close to half of those (20 million) being illegal.

http://www.womenscenter.com/abortion_stats.ht...

Prince George, Canada

#241548 Nov 15, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>That's interesting. From what I've seen most people say the same about you. I'm one of them.
I understand!

Prince George, Canada

#241549 Nov 15, 2012
The medical staff often refuses to help and will even harass women about their botched abortion.

Prince George, Canada

#241550 Nov 15, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The lie was deliberate. The woman's death was medical malpractice.
Well, you have your opinion and I have mine. I would not sue the physicians, as from my perspective they were stuck between a rock and a hard place. The law confused them about what choice to make.

They were not malevolent in any sense of the word. My guess is, they did their best, and no one can do better than his/her best.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#241551 Nov 15, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you have your opinion and I have mine. I would not sue the physicians, as from my perspective they were stuck between a rock and a hard place. The law confused them about what choice to make.
They were not malevolent in any sense of the word. My guess is, they did their best, and no one can do better than his/her best.
No, medically they did NOT do their best. And THAT is what malpractice IS, Moron.

Please, stop pretending you care about women being safe. Obviously, you do not.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#241552 Nov 15, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
The medical staff often refuses to help and will even harass women about their botched abortion.
How is THIS any different from medical staff refusing to do everything they can to help a woman survive her miscarriage? HOW, Fraud?

Prince George, Canada

#241553 Nov 15, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
How is THIS any different from medical staff refusing to do everything they can to help a woman survive her miscarriage? HOW, Fraud?
In America abortion is legal, and physicians feel comfortable that the law (for the most part) will protect them.

In Ireland, where abortion is illegal, the law-makers could (on a whim) easily remove the licences of the physicians if they, according TO the law makers, make the wrong decisions.

Prince George, Canada

#241554 Nov 15, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, medically they did NOT do their best. And THAT is what malpractice IS, Moron.
Within the "confines" of the law, I believe the physicians did their best.

And I believe that from past discussions with you ... you are eager to sue.

Prince George, Canada

#241556 Nov 15, 2012
When performed by qualified Physicians and medical personnel appropriately trained about the medical and surgical abortion techniques, it is a relatively safe and necessary procedure. In the United States, for example, the death rate for abortion is currently 0.6 per 100 000 procedures, making it as safe or safer than receiving an injection of penicillin.

Prince George, Canada

#241557 Nov 15, 2012
Lack of money ranks very high.

Prince George, Canada

#241558 Nov 15, 2012
To raise another child, when a family is already strapped for money, and maybe lives in a high-crime area, where drug-usage and murder are normal occurrences ... abortion probably seems the best alternative for all involved.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#241559 Nov 15, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
To raise another child, when a family is already strapped for money, and maybe lives in a high-crime area, where drug-usage and murder are normal occurrences ... abortion probably seems the best alternative for all involved.
Not for the child.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#241560 Nov 15, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
In America abortion is legal, and physicians feel comfortable that the law (for the most part) will protect them.
In Ireland, where abortion is illegal, the law-makers could (on a whim) easily remove the licences of the physicians if they, according TO the law makers, make the wrong decisions.
AND, another article you didn't read fully. It wasn't talking about the US, Moron, but in countries where abortion is illegal. By the way, it's NOT illegal in Ireland if the woman's life is in danger. And the gov't cannot second guess the physicians. All it takes is for the doctor to decide.

Your outrage is false, given that you are fine with the situation in Ireland, which is the same, with the only differences being that one was about botched abortions, and the other was about spontaneous abortion, AND the fact that I was objecting to the latter, and you can't bring yourself to agree with me.

You prove daily what a fraud you are.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#241561 Nov 15, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Within the "confines" of the law, I believe the physicians did their best.
And I believe that from past discussions with you ... you are eager to sue.
Deflection. Nothing but deflection from you, that last part. I've never sued anyone, but this situation merits it.

The law allows THEM to decide if it's an emergency situation. It was, and they LIED to the woman, and told her they COULDN'T do anything for her. That is not ANYONE'S best.

And the truly pathetic part of this whole thing is that you'd agree, if it wasn't for the fact that it's ME objecting, and you just can't bring yourself to agree with me.

You're a cowardly fraud.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pediatrician Won't Treat Baby With Lesbian Moms 18 min Rosa_Winkel 1,374
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 21 min Frankie Rizzo 5,570
News Judge: Gay couples across Alabama have right to... 37 min Novus Ordo Seclorum 40
News Josh Duggar apology not enough? Fallout from mo... 46 min Nose basher 38
News Gay couple has adoption vacated now that they c... 1 hr Oscar 11
News The right therapy for LGBT youth 1 hr mitt s santorum s... 291
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 1 hr The Tudors 68,580
News 60 Percent: Record Number Of Americans Support ... 1 hr Just sayin 97
News SoCal Rep Wants to Outlaw Gay-to-Straight "Conv... 1 hr NorCal Native 98
More from around the web