Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 215229 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Ink

Bensalem, PA

#246704 Jan 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Billy Graham took his training at this college.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
From the book “Clarence Thomas … My Grandfather’s Son” comes the following.
The worst of the blunders was the Bob Jones University case. Bob Jones was a Christian college and seminary in South Carolina that maintained a number of racially discriminatory policies, including a ban on interracial dating among its students (The ban remained in force until 2000.) The Internal Revenue Service revoked the university’s tax exempt status because of these policies. The school’s appeal of the IRS decision was pending in the Supreme Court when, in 1982, the Justice Department, which had originally asked the Court to hear the case, abruptly decided not to pursue any further. The Supreme Court promptly appointed William Coleman, one of the finest lawyers in the country, to argue the government position in an amicus curiae brief, and subsequently ruled against the university. Like most blacks who worked in the Reagan administration, I supported the original IRS decision and was shocked when the Justice Department backed down and let the university off the legal hook. This made us feel like nonentities within the administration, and exposed us to scorn and ridicule from without. Yet my white colleagues found it impossible to understand why we were so upset. I explained to one of them that the case had destroyed the administration’s credibility on race relations, to which he coolly replied that the story would be forgotten after a few days.
He had many things to be angry about and yet he isn't an angry man. I think a most impressive person.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Delta, Canada

#246705 Jan 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
He had many things to be angry about and yet he isn't an angry man. I think a most impressive person.
He was angry about that situation.

But being Catholic you would like to believe that he is close to sainthood as you prefer to believe are you and the pope!

Silly woman!
June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#246706 Jan 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay now we have male gays impregnating female gays , so who pays the child support in case of divorce?
Does the male gay get the first child and the female get the second or vice versa? Do you get to swap if you don't like it and take the other? Do you have brothers and sisters raised in different families and not know each other? Who gets custody in a divorce? Does anybody care about the manufactured kids or are they just thinking about themselves?
I know many lesbian couples and they don't have or want babies.
The point was that homosexual can make babies. But you went off into la-la land again with your silliness.

Do you believe in the existence of the devil and hell Ink? You already admitted that you believe in evil.
June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#246707 Jan 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should we be part of your drive and obsession?
My drive and obsession to treat those are homosexual as equals and worthy of respect just as they are doesn't fit for you and your pope HUH???
June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#246708 Jan 16, 2013

I came close to resigning from the Department of Education over the Bob Jones case. The only reason I stayed on was because I still believed the Reagan administration’s commitment to limiting the role in the lives of blacks (and everyone else).
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#246709 Jan 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
He was angry about that situation.
But being Catholic you would like to believe that he is close to sainthood as you prefer to believe are you and the pope!
Silly woman!
Yes he was angry about many things but he never became an angry man with a chip on his shoulder and I do admire that achievement.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#246710 Jan 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My drive and obsession to treat those are homosexual as equals and worthy of respect just as they are doesn't fit for you and your pope HUH???
I treat everybody with respect.
June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#246711 Jan 16, 2013
Ink is certain that a god exists and that the god loves her.

Some things just don't make sense.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Post # 218642 Page # 9558

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you take the Bible so literally? We don't even know who wrote early scripture.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#246712 Jan 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The point was that homosexual can make babies. But you went off into la-la land again with your silliness.
Do you believe in the existence of the devil and hell Ink? You already admitted that you believe in evil.
They can but they don't as a rule and when they do it is beset with all kinds of legal entanglements.

Not in the literal sense.
June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#246713 Jan 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
They can but they don't as a rule and when they do it is beset with all kinds of legal entanglements.
The original point WAS that homosexuals can make babies, so people would not go extinct if only homosexuals existed.

And if only homosexuals existed, they would make laws to suit themselves, as there wouldn't BE any heterosexuals to MAKE laws.
June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#246714 Jan 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What type of ridiculous response is THAT?

Do you believe in the existence of a real devil and hell, as does the pope?
June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#246715 Jan 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I treat everybody with respect.
So then you do believe in homosexual marriage and equal rights for homosexuals ... and respect for the rights of women to choose to have abortions???

My goodness ... you ARE changing your beliefs!

:)
June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#246716 Jan 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he was angry about many things but he never became an angry man with a chip on his shoulder and I do admire that achievement.
Do you believe that the pope has a "chip" on his shoulder???

June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#246717 Jan 16, 2013
My guess is we all have "chips" on our shoulders.

But Ink is sure to see a clear picture, as Ink never judges, respects others ... and that is why god loves her ... eternally and internally and externally.

June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#246718 Jan 16, 2013
Personally views back-alley illegal abortions as torture

SENATOR METZENBAUM: Prior to the Roe decision, only wealthy women could be sure of having access to safe abortions. Poor, middle-class women were forced to unsafe back alleys, if they needed an abortion, where coat-hangers are substitutes for surgical instruments.

JUDGE THOMAS: As a kid we heard the hushed whispers about illegal abortions and individuals performing them in less than safe environments. If a woman is subjected to the agony of an environment like that, on a personal level, certainly, I am very, very pained by that. I think any of us would be. I would not want to see people subjected to torture of that nature. On the question that you asked me, as difficult as it is for me to anticipate or to want to see that kind of illegal activity, I think it would undermine my ability to sit in an impartial way on an important case like that.

Source: Senate Confirmation Hearings , Sep 11, 1991

http://www.ontheissues.org/Court/Clarence_Tho...
June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#246719 Jan 16, 2013
Clarence Thomas's second wedding to Virginia was held in St. Paul United Methodist Church.

As do so many people, he had a lot of twists and turns in his life.
June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#246720 Jan 16, 2013
Of course perception is more important to most people than reality.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Only one detail stool out: a Hispanic critic claimed that I’d been “insensitive” to Hispanics during my time at the Department of Education. Over time this charge would blossom into the allegation that I was prejudiced against Hispanics as a result of an incident that supposedly occurred in law school. It was, of course, a fabrication, but there wasn’t anything I could do to disprove it, since the original source of the slander had been some anonymous person who didn’t have the courage to put a name on his claim. As a result it became part of the public record, available forever after to be regurgitated by anyone who disapproved of me. Cynics had long told me that perception was more important than reality in Washington, and stories like this made me fear that they were right.
June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#246721 Jan 16, 2013
Only one detail "stood" out
June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#246722 Jan 16, 2013
Politics is a often a thankless, cutthroat business.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

The near-total unwillingness of Democratic congressmen to acknowledge the significance of what we’d done may seem remarkable in retrospect, but the longer I worked at EEOC, the more acutely aware I became of the difference between what happened inside the agency and what the rest of the world thought was happening. No matter what we did to improve our operations—and we did plenty—I continued to be portrayed as controversial in the press and treated with disdain by Democratic congressional staffers who neither understood nor cared how EEOC worked.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#246723 Jan 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Of course perception is more important to most people than reality.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
Only one detail stool out: a Hispanic critic claimed that I’d been “insensitive” to Hispanics during my time at the Department of Education. Over time this charge would blossom into the allegation that I was prejudiced against Hispanics as a result of an incident that supposedly occurred in law school. It was, of course, a fabrication, but there wasn’t anything I could do to disprove it, since the original source of the slander had been some anonymous person who didn’t have the courage to put a name on his claim. As a result it became part of the public record, available forever after to be regurgitated by anyone who disapproved of me. Cynics had long told me that perception was more important than reality in Washington, and stories like this made me fear that they were right.
June, I'm sure you would never be prejudiced against anyone. That's more than a lot of "religious" people could honestly claim.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NE Jade Weekend Review 15 min Newman 3
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 29 min JayTarded NE 28,150
News Tatchell flies out of Russia after gay rights p... 31 min Finnegan 3
News Smiling Tennessee hardware store owner puts 'No... 40 min Rob 71
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Straight Shooter 62,820
News Gay rights campaigner Peter Tatchell in Manezhn... 2 hr Finnegan 2
News Virginia diocese to install bishop (Feb '09) 2 hr martin garey 6
News US top court rules for baker in gay wedding cak... 4 hr Vino- Veritas 604
News Supreme Court sides with Colorado baker on same... 4 hr Vino- Veritas 184
News Correction: Conversion Therapy Ban-California s... 10 hr Morph Munchkin Trunt 25