Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 217509 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#243649 Dec 6, 2012
Women in America owe a great deal to the pioneers such as Ada Metcalf, Susan B. Anthony, Elizabeth Cody Stanton, Margaret Sanger and countless others.

Without them, women would be treated as they are in countries where Islam rules, and women have no rights whatsoever.

Ayaan Hirsi Ali was raised under that system. She is now an Atheist who risks her life every day to free her Muslim "sisters" from the dictating men that use their religion to insist that it is HOLY, while they brutalize the women held in bondage UNDER the system.

Religion is NOT good!

Williams Lake, Canada

#243650 Dec 6, 2012
Jumper

Morgantown, KY

#243651 Dec 6, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
http://www.westernshugdensocie ty.org/video/mystics-and-cold- warriors/
Easy for you to sit back and judge.

All you have to do is sit back and relax up north while we get wiped out.

Then you guys will kiss the hand of who ever takes over.

Well if the U.S. goes down,we're dragging your konook butts with us!

Williams Lake, Canada

#243652 Dec 6, 2012
If I was young and single, I would think nothing of marrying (for instance) a Muslim ... but ONLY if he was an Atheist and had never BEEN under the spell of Islam.

Had he at any time been subjected to Islam in his life, he could at any future time revert BACK (through fear of punishment in a hereafter) TO his original religious indoctrination.

That type of issue has occurred on more than one occasion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

Repentance

On the contrary we have a well-authenticated instance of a Mahomedan (a Mr. Merton) who had embraced Christianity, and lived the life of a Christian for many years, renouncing it all, and returning to his primitive faith, when he was taken sick and became apprehensive he was going to die: his early religious impressions, returning involuntarily, wiped out his Christianity, and he died glorying in Mahomedanism.

Williams Lake, Canada

#243653 Dec 6, 2012
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Easy for you to sit back and judge.
All you have to do is sit back and relax up north while we get wiped out.
Then you guys will kiss the hand of who ever takes over.
Well if the U.S. goes down,we're dragging your konook butts with us!
If it becomes a matter of survival, never mind kissing hands, I will kiss the dirtiest of butts to save my yellow-bellied hide.

You aren't telling me anything I don't already comprehend!

That's why I understand that no savior can make me over into a holy being.

It is what it is!

Williams Lake, Canada

#243654 Dec 6, 2012
More than one American woman has married Muslim men and all went well, until the men took them to some Muslim-dominated country, destroyed their passports and the women found themselves "trapped" ... until they somehow escaped back to America.

Those men are often charming and good looking to boot, but be careful of the hold that religion put upon them. Religion will, in most cases, RULE!

Williams Lake, Canada

#243655 Dec 6, 2012
At the time in history this book was written, aside from the Native Indians, the only ones in America WERE Christians.

Now, the religious scene is based on a totally different kettle of fish.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

The reason why people are so easily converted from one sect to another in Christian countries is owing to the fact that their religious convictions are unsettled. The members of the different Christian sects are all mixed up together in the various settlements throughout the country, and are brought in daily contact with each other in the busy scenes of life.

Williams Lake, Canada

#243656 Dec 6, 2012
From the book “Women and Madness”… by Phyllis Chesler

At thirty-two, the unmarried Adriana Brinkle (1857), of Pennsylvania, conducted an economic transaction of her own: she sold some furniture. Charges were brought against her for selling some furniture for which she had not fully paid. For the crime of embarrassing her physician father’s sense of “family honor,” Brinkle’s father and his judge-friend sentenced her to twenty-eight years in a psychiatric hospital.

Williams Lake, Canada

#243657 Dec 6, 2012

In 1861, Susan B. Anthony and Elizabeth Cady Stanton wrote:“Could the dark secrets of those insane asylums be brought to light … we would be shocked to know the countless number of rebellious wives, sisters and daughters that are thus annually sacrificed to false customs and conventionalisms, and barbarous laws made by men for women.”

Williams Lake, Canada

#243658 Dec 6, 2012

Elizabeth Packard managed to escape after three years in an Illinois asylum. She published an account of her hospital experience and fought for the legal rights of mental patients and married women.

Packard was a devout believer in both Christianity and motherhood. Romantic passion, doubt, creative egoism, and anguish were either flawlessly subdued or never part of her grandly practical sensibility. Her sins of individuality concerned religious freedom. Packard’s husband literally forbade her to express her own opinions on theological matters.

Williams Lake, Canada

#243659 Dec 6, 2012

In 1860, Elizabeth Packard’s husband psychiatrically imprisoned her because she dared to engage in “free religious inquiry.” She insisted on teaching her Bible class that humans are born “good’ and “not evil.”

Packard’s husband, a clergyman, kidnapped her against her will (although it was his legal rights to do so) and removed her to an asylum at Jacksonville, Illinois. He forbade her children, whose ages ranged from eighteen months of eighteen years, to communicate with or talk about her. He kept her own (inherited) income from her. He deprived her of her clothes, books, and personal papers and misrepresented her situation to her parents. Dr. MacFarland, the psychiatrist-director of the asylum, remaindered her outgoing mail and seized her few books and smuggled-in writing paper. Despite these events, Mrs. Packard never lost her “wits.”

to be continued later
Jumper

Morgantown, KY

#243660 Dec 6, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
In 1860, Elizabeth Packard’s husband psychiatrically imprisoned her because she dared to engage in “free religious inquiry.” She insisted on teaching her Bible class that humans are born “good’ and “not evil.”
Packard’s husband, a clergyman, kidnapped her against her will (although it was his legal rights to do so) and removed her to an asylum at Jacksonville, Illinois. He forbade her children, whose ages ranged from eighteen months of eighteen years, to communicate with or talk about her. He kept her own (inherited) income from her. He deprived her of her clothes, books, and personal papers and misrepresented her situation to her parents. Dr. MacFarland, the psychiatrist-director of the asylum, remaindered her outgoing mail and seized her few books and smuggled-in writing paper. Despite these events, Mrs. Packard never lost her “wits.”
to be continued later
Would you lose your wits if say some Hollywood movie star like Mel Gibson was to grab you and carry you off?

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#243661 Dec 6, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
At the time in history this book was written, aside from the Native Indians, the only ones in America WERE Christians.
Now, the religious scene is based on a totally different kettle of fish.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
The reason why people are so easily converted from one sect to another in Christian countries is owing to the fact that their religious convictions are unsettled. The members of the different Christian sects are all mixed up together in the various settlements throughout the country, and are brought in daily contact with each other in the busy scenes of life.
That book is a real eye opener. I think many here would actually be afraid to read it.

Williams Lake, Canada

#243662 Dec 6, 2012

She always referred to the asylum as a “prison”—and never as a “hospital.” She began a secret diary of asylum events and ministered to the other inmates, most of whom she regarded as sister-victims of the patriarchy. However, she still believed in marriage and in male chivalry; she never wanted a divorce. She was thoroughly devoted to her children, and to a (male) Godhead. She “forgave” Dr. MacFarland his “sins”—until, in a moment of fury, he nearly strangled her normally docile roommate, Bridget.(Bridget had refused to do some domestic dirty work for him, and the doctor became enraged.) After this, Mrs. Packard was

…converted from the theological error of vicarious suffering. I have never since asked my Father to let me bear the punishment of any other brother or sister, due them for their own sins; neither have I asked any other intelligence to bear punishment due me for my own sins.

Her account of asylum abuses is lucid and at times brilliant. She describes many female asylum suicides as due to constant harassment, loneliness, and despair. She condemns the ‘torture” of women she felt were really “witless.” It was Elizabeth Packard who first made the analogy of Institutional Psychiatry and the Inquisition.

Williams Lake, Canada

#243663 Dec 6, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
That book is a real eye opener. I think many here would actually be afraid to read it.
Those who are afraid to question, are often afraid to read what could change their points of view.

I'll read most anything, and toss out what makes no sense to me.

Whether what we believe is right or wrong is anybody's guess.

Williams Lake, Canada

#243664 Dec 6, 2012
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Would you lose your wits if say some Hollywood movie star like Mel Gibson was to grab you and carry you off?
Yes I would!!!

I'd be terrified that Mel would want to carry me off and tie me to the nearest stake in order of the male god to burn me as a heretic.

:)

Williams Lake, Canada

#243665 Dec 6, 2012
After sending this information about Elizabeth Packard to one of my feminist-minded email acquaintances, she responded with the question, "Did she hunt her hubby down and put him in a straight jacket, castrate him and shove his dick up his ass?"

She is in her thirties and can't comprehend an era when women had no power whatsoever in society.

Williams Lake, Canada

#243666 Dec 6, 2012

According to her biographer, Barbara Sapinsley, Elizabeth Packard “herself was locked in the screen room (solitary confinement), of trying to help a patient who was being straightjacketed for screaming with pain from an injury acquired during an earlier punishment. The nurse in charge was eventually dismissed for abusing patients and six months later reappeared as a patient herself.”

Williams Lake, Canada

#243667 Dec 6, 2012
Note the words "dowry-bought house.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Elizabeth finally convinced the asylum trustees that she was God-fearing and sane. After forty –two months, Elizabeth was released to her oldest son who had just turned twenty-one—but against her will. Fiercely logical, Elizabeth did not want to return to Theophilus’ custody since he had the power to commit her again somewhere else.(And would soon try to do exactly that).

Theophilus was unemployed and at home, full time. The house was dirty, the children disheveled. Theophilus forbid the children to speak to their mother. He also intercepted Elizabeth’s mail, forbid her to leave the house, and then locked her in the bedroom. After six weeks of being a prisoner in her own home, Elizabeth smuggled out a note. Friends took the note to a judge who issued a writ of habeas corpus. Before Theophilus could act on his plan to psychiatrically imprison her again, this time in Massachusetts, Theophilus first had to prove to a jury in Kankakee, Illinois, that Elizabeth was, in fact,“insane.” The trial was a sensation. The local ladies turned out in full force in support of Elizabeth. In 1864, a jury of twelve men “acquitted” Elizabeth of insanity. She returned home, triumphant, only to discover that Theophilus had mortgaged her dowry-bought house and fled to Massachusetts with their underage children. Elizabeth was homeless and penniless.

more to come later..........

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#243668 Dec 6, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who are afraid to question, are often afraid to read what could change their points of view.
I'll read most anything, and toss out what makes no sense to me.
Whether what we believe is right or wrong is anybody's guess.
Once again, I feel as you do. I'm not afraid if I find I'm wrong about something, but many here would be spiritually destroyed if they discovered just ONE of their former solid beliefs were false. But that's what a person gets when their Flying Spaghetti Monster beliefs are based on a house of cards. They're just plain scared.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 1 hr TRUMP WINNERS 2,246
Why Are We Being Forced To Accept Homosexuality? (Feb '12) 2 hr Truth Sayer 1 942
News Walmart settles same-sex spouse benefits discri... 2 hr Truth Sayer 1 2
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Truth Sayer 1 42,928
News UNICEF survey: 80 percent of Filipino youth suf... 3 hr Xstain Mullah Aroma 26
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 3 hr Betty Davis 22,495
News LGBTQ Activist Cleve Jones: 'I'm Well Aware How... 3 hr Betty Davis 17
More from around the web