Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 220244 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#239964 Oct 30, 2012
As time went by, women seemed to gain more respect and become leaders in some cultures, but my guess is, the gods in most cultures are still perceived as the "creators" of the universe.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

•“Queen” Anne – leader of the Paunchy Tribe of Virginia in 1656.
•Awashonks of the Wampanoag, who became chief (or sachem) of her people in the 1600s. Her signature is on the Plymouth agreement of 1671.
•Queen Aliquippa, who led the Seneca tribe for more than a dozen years, reportedly having received George Washington as a guest in the mid-1700s,
•Mary Brand aka “Molly”- a Mohawk leader who acted as intermediary between the British and Iroquois during the American Revolution, and while honored in Canadian history, her reputation in the U.S. is varied.
•Mary Musgrove who though a bit of a rabble-rouser, acted as an intermediary between the Lower Creek and James Oglethorpe in the 1700s.
•Nancy Ward of the Cherokee Wolf Clan in Tennessee, who led her people to victory at the Battle of Taliwa in 1755. She was 18 years old, and received the title “Beloved Woman”.
•Net-no-kwa was an Ottowan Ojibwa woman who was considered a powerful leader in the 1780s.
•Loosen: a great Chihenne-Chiricahua Apache warrior, midwife and spiritual leader. Sister to Chief Victorio, Lozen fought alongside Geronimo in the late 1800s.
•Seminole Betty Mae Jumper, educated in an Indian boarding school a thousand miles from her home in Florida. She was the first of the Florida Seminoles to graduate high school, and the first woman to serve as a Seminole leader when elected head of the tribal council in 1967.
•In 1987, Wilma Mankiller became the first woman to be elected chief of the Cherokee Nation. She was later awarded the highest honor a civilian can receive: The Medal of Freedom.
•Ada E. Deer of the Menominee tribe served as head of the Bureau of Indian Affairs from 1993 to 1997.
•Pauline Small: the first woman to be elected in the Crow Tribe to serve as vice-secretary of the tribal council in1966.
•Cecelia Fire Thunder, an Oglala Lakota Sioux leader, became the first woman to be elected president on Pine Ridge.

http://www.powwows.com/2011/07/native-america...

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#239966 Oct 30, 2012
The Catholic Church was happily minding it's own business when out of the blue, a group of idiots wanted to change the definition of marriage.

That is the simple fact!

When attacked you must defend, and the church is defending itself.

Quesnel, Canada

#239967 Oct 30, 2012
Note these words "Apache warrior, midwife and spiritual leader."

Those women were not wimps. They were aggressive in their natures, or thy could not have been leaders of anything.

The meek never have ruled the earth. Humans are simply animals. The strong aggressive humans continually rule and the meek somehow survive, or they perish.

Quesnel, Canada

#239968 Oct 30, 2012
martinezjosei wrote:
The Catholic Church was happily minding it's own business when out of the blue, a group of idiots wanted to change the definition of marriage.
That is the simple fact!
When attacked you must defend, and the church is defending itself.
The Catholic hierarchy could dictate rules to others at one time, but that dictatorship doesn't FLY anymore.

Quesnel, Canada

#239969 Oct 30, 2012
The religious superstitions of this era are no less foolish than the superstitions of the people in the ancient cultures.

No doubt in the varying cultures in each era, those convinced that the superstitions taught to them were truth, placed complete faith IN the superstitions.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book compiled by Larousse … World Mythology

Men and spirits

West Germans believed that the favorite abode of the souls of the dead was in the west, where the sun dipped down into the sea. Some tribes went so far as to nominate Great Britain as the isle of the dead. In this connection Procopius, the historian, recounts that on the coast facing Great Britain there were many villages whose inhabitants did not pay the Franks any tribute, though they were officially under their jurisdiction. But, in return, they were said to have the painful task of embarking the dead souls for their journey across the sea.

Quesnel, Canada

#239970 Oct 30, 2012
From what I have studied, homosexuals were indeed respected by many Native American tribes. But male homosexuals were not perceived or respected as courageous warriors, but rather were respected as the shamans and gatekeepers of the supposed spirit world. Their femininity was of HIGH value in that way, as the natives placed complete faith in the Great Spirit.

Quesnel, Canada

#239971 Oct 30, 2012
From what I have studied, the neolithic cultures all revered the male god as the head god, with the authors of the myths depicting the goddesses as "knowing their places" as being subservient TO the male gods.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

World Religions:

Native American Spirituality

The Great Spirit

Indian concepts of God may appear contradictory at times, probably because they derive from both patriarchal and matriarchal traditions. For example, Wakan Tanka, the Lakota Sioux name for "Great Spirit," "Great Mystery," or Supreme Being, is an amalgamation of a dominant Father sky god, Mother Earth, and numerous spirits who control the elements as well as human life. Other Indian nations since ancient times have believed in a Supreme Being whom they called "father" and thought of either as a man or an animal -- especially a wolf -- with human thoughts and speech. This creator god is addressed by the Shoshone, for instance, as Tam Apo ("Our Father"). Belief in a Mother Earth figure echoes the Neolithic Goddess culture in which women were essentially equal partners with men, and the feminine principle was openly acknowledged as the great source of human, animal, and vegetable life.

Indian culture also shows the impact, however, of the warlike post-Goddess era, with its violence and its masculine hierarchies, so any attempt to see Native American religion as a direct descendant of Goddess culture is awkward at best. And yet the male and female principles appear to be far more equitably balanced in most American Indian traditions than in Western historical religions. North American Indian culture is divided between primarily hunting and primarily agrarian tribes, patrilineal and matrilineal descent, and women are given a place of respect and influence rarely acknowledged in either the East or West.

Quesnel, Canada

#239972 Oct 30, 2012
Marriages, whether plural or singular were created in cultures by humans and had nothing whatsoever to do with being ordained by any gods.

If some of these people would study the history of religion they would come away with a completely different attitude.

I don't give a rat's ass whether homosexuals marry or divorce or have sex with each other. As long as it's all consensual I don't make it my concern.

But then I never was one to follow the religion of my culture to a T. I was a rebel, and for that, I am thankful, as it taught me to never trust preachers of religion to know OR preach truth.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#239973 Oct 30, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
Marriages, whether plural or singular were created in cultures by humans and had nothing whatsoever to do with being ordained by any gods.
If some of these people would study the history of religion they would come away with a completely different attitude.
I don't give a rat's ass whether homosexuals marry or divorce or have sex with each other. As long as it's all consensual I don't make it my concern.
But then I never was one to follow the religion of my culture to a T. I was a rebel, and for that, I am thankful, as it taught me to never trust preachers of religion to know OR preach truth.
So are you getting a divorce?

Sorry June.
Peaches in Red

Texas City, TX

#239974 Oct 30, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
Religion could not give me peace of mind, or in any sense whatsoever could I believe that by belonging to a specific cult I would be wise.
Whether I am at peace in my daily life depends on how much I worry compared to how much I accept the things I can't change.
But of one thing I am quite sure. No more will any cult be able to draw me in to it's self-relegating dogmas of nonsense.
I cut the umbilical cord to set myself free to think on my own.
The cutting free of the religious cults hasn't made me wise ... but then ... neither did religion.
If your mind is at peace you can have peace of mind.
Peaches in Red

Texas City, TX

#239975 Oct 30, 2012
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>So are you getting a divorce?
Sorry June.
ROTFLOL

Quesnel, Canada

#239976 Oct 30, 2012
Peaches in Red wrote:
<quoted text>If your mind is at peace you can have peace of mind.
Your supposed peace of mind comes from the idea that homosexuals are perverts that offend a god and will ultimately burn in hell for eternity.

My peace of mind comes from treating homosexuals with respect and wanting them to have happiness in their lives without being harassed by religious bandits such as you.

Quesnel, Canada

#239977 Oct 30, 2012
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>So are you getting a divorce?
Sorry June.
It's not in my plans ... but then I can't know the future.

Quesnel, Canada

#239978 Oct 30, 2012
Peaches in Red wrote:
<quoted text>ROTFLOL
My guess is, if all religion is based on truth, you won't be laughing when Allah burns your ass in "HIS" hell for eternity!

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the book “Infidel,” by Ayaan Hirsi Ali comes the following……

We all heard about Hell. That was what Quran school was mostly about: Hell and all the mistakes that could put us there. The Quran lists Hell’s torments in vivid detail: sores, boiling water, peeling skin, burning flesh, dissolving bowels, the everlasting fires that burns you forever, for as your flesh chars and your juices boil, you form new skin. These details overpower you, ensuring you will obey.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#239979 Oct 30, 2012
Yea...but you said now,you said ordained marrage was discreadited. So you must follow your heart.

Quesnel, Canada

#239980 Oct 30, 2012
If religion is truth we are bound to get caught by the evil gods of one or another religion and sent to the fiery flames of hell.

It's impossible to escape when there are so many evil gods on the look-out for offenders of their dogmas!!!

Quesnel, Canada

#239981 Oct 30, 2012
Peaches and other faithful Christians don't understand why I won't accept THEIR dogmas of hell ... yet these Christians are determined that the Muslim hell doesn't exist.

How self-serving are these human vultures that lust for heaven, paradise, olam haba, asgard, nirvana, summerlands, etc???

That is the question.

Quesnel, Canada

#239982 Oct 30, 2012
Jumper wrote:
Yea...but you said now,you said ordained marrage was discreadited. So you must follow your heart.
Marriage was created by humans. I am married, and I want those who are gay to be able to marry if it is their choice TO marry. If they don't want to marry, then that is also their choice.

But my point was and is, as was religion, marriage was created by men ... not inspired or ordained by gods somewhere up in the sky.

Quesnel, Canada

#239983 Oct 30, 2012
Muslims will swear on a stack of Qur'ans that polygyny (men marrying mutliple wives) was ordained by Allah.

Christians are certain that their no-name god ordained marriage between one man and one woman.

WOE is me. Am I to trust Peaches ... or a Muslim Imam who has studied the Qur'an for years???

It's a hard call in deed!!!

Quesnel, Canada

#239984 Oct 30, 2012
At one time women in many cultures were the "property" of men, and it is my guess that that is why marriage came into the "picture" ... under the guise of religion ... as a matter of "course."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

1882 Married Women's Property Act

After the 1880 General Election William Gladstone became Prime Minister of a government that promised legislation that would reduce the legal inequalities between men and women. One example of this was the passing of the 1882 Married Women's Property Act. Under the terms of the act married women had the same rights over their property as unmarried women. This act therefore allowed a married woman to retain ownership of property which she might have received as a gift from a parent. Before the 1882 Married Women's Property Act was passed this property would have automatically have become the property of the husband. The passing of the 1893 Married Women's Property Act completed this process. Married women now had full legal control of all the property of every kind which they owned at marriage or which they acquired after marriage either by inheritance or by their own earnings.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/Wpropert...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boy Scouts of America ends ban on gay adults 4 min Rainbow Kid 31
News Boy Scout leaders vote on ending ban on gay adults 9 min Rainbow Kid 11
News Gay wedding cake at center of Colorado Appeals ... 44 min WeTheSheeple 608
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 49 min WeTheSheeple 1,575
News Boy Scouts expected to end ban on gay leaders 56 min WeTheSheeple 35
News Religious liberty is rallying cry after gay mar... 1 hr kuda 418
News At Anti-Bullying Conference, Middle Schoolers L... 1 hr Fa-Foxy 27
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 1 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 1,130
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Wondering 23,950
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 2 hr Wondering 8,037
More from around the web