Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 219863 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#240486 Nov 4, 2012
Oh, and I forgot about what I said just today. You didn't understand either time, apparently. Not my fault.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#240487 Nov 4, 2012
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Your old man looks like you?
Have you been peeking Jumper?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#240488 Nov 4, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I have every right to judge you as a Wiccan, the same as you have every right to judge me as an Atheist.
This is a forum ... not a Wiccan get-together.
And yet YOU are the one who keeps bringing up Wicca, while you dishonestly try to imply I'm doing it.

You're are, quite simply, a lying sack of sh*t.

And no, you have no right to judge me as a Wiccan. What I do, or don't do, as a Wiccan is nunya business.

Prince George, Canada

#240489 Nov 4, 2012
No doubt the believers were trying to make sense out of nonsense.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book compiled by Larousse … World Mythology

Slav Countries: Folk-lore of the forests

One of the curious and peculiar characteristics of the world of religious concepts known to Russian Slavs in the Middle Ages was ‘double faith’: the concurrent existence of Christian notions and pagan beliefs.

Prince George, Canada

#240490 Nov 4, 2012
Supposed seers in all cultures have gained notoriety. Whether they were credible, or simply believed to "be" credible is the question.

Many people that adhere to superstition can be quite easily fooled.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

For a long period and in spite of persecution by the Church seers had enjoyed popular esteem in Russia, and in the ninth century they even headed popular revolts against the social and religious order in process of consolidation; and so sorcerers should be regarded, so to speak, as negative replicas of these seers, as is proved by all the archaic vocabulary relating to this field, which forms part of the common photo-Slav background.

Prince George, Canada

#240491 Nov 4, 2012
This would have been a way to motivate and justify Christian brutality against the Pagan Slavs.

Such rumor-mills creating fear-filled hysteria was/is all too common in religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

In the appeal launched by Bishop Adelgot in 1108 in favour of a crusade against the Slavs, or rather in the stylistic exercise on this topic, a god called Pripegal is mentioned, who is said to thirst for Christian blood and is compared in this text with Priapus.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#240492 Nov 4, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you been peeking Jumper?
NEVER! I have a blindfold.

Prince George, Canada

#240493 Nov 5, 2012
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>NEVER! I have a blindfold.
I don't believe you.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#240494 Nov 5, 2012
If one of the modern Pagans told the following story at their get-togethers, my guess is, not one person would believe it. Yet many of them place faith in the idea that reincarnation is going to take them where they believe it will take them.

History proves that humans will only mentally digest the superstitions that suit their desires.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

An anthropomorphic creature, the poludnisa-przypoludnica, who is familiar to Czech, Lusatian, Slovak, Russian ethnologists, wanders—like the daemon meridianus found all over Europe—through the fields in summer, occasionally killing men and appearing in the whirling gusts of wind that come before storms.

Prince George, Canada

#240495 Nov 5, 2012
Gerald Gardner was quite the character. He promoted the "wisdom" of the witches,(of which he couldn't speak of course, as it was all a big secret that the witches themselves wouldn't completely share).

It brought him fame and fortune ... but my guess is, those supposed ancient seers (witches) were filled to the brim with the following types of superstitions.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Another mythological type that is equally well known across the length and breadth of Europe is that of the spirits of human fatality, and Russians, Croats and Slovenes provide the best proof of their existence. In Russia, they are called Rod and Rozanitsa; in Croatia Rodienitsa> These are deities connected with the birth of man. Even in twelfth-century Russia it was forbidden to offer them honey, bread or cheese. The Czechs called these spirits sudicki, literally demons of fortune, of that which is destined and meted to man (soud, judgement). Human fate (dola) was likewise embodied in the figure of a protective spirit who might none the less prove to be negligent or hostile on occasion.

Prince George, Canada

#240496 Nov 5, 2012
It's common sense that if the people's of the ancient cultures depended on the seers (psychics) for information of impending doom for bad behavior and rewards for good behavior, then what the ancients believed was taught TO them BY the seers of that era.

And now we can see that from what the ancients believed, it is NOT at all what the modern Pagans teach that the ancients believed.

The modern pagans glamorize fluffy stuff such as the idea that the witches can bring down the "love" of the goddess ... and they leave out all the old extremely foolish beliefs taught BY the witches of old.

If it sounds to good to be true ... I suggest it IS too good to be true.

The ancient "seers" were extremely superstitious. That is WHY they created warring gods and goddesses in their systems of belief.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#240497 Nov 5, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
It's common sense that if the people's of the ancient cultures depended on the seers (psychics) for information of impending doom for bad behavior and rewards for good behavior, then what the ancients believed was taught TO them BY the seers of that era.
And now we can see that from what the ancients believed, it is NOT at all what the modern Pagans teach that the ancients believed.
The modern pagans glamorize fluffy stuff such as the idea that the witches can bring down the "love" of the goddess ... and they leave out all the old extremely foolish beliefs taught BY the witches of old.
If it sounds to good to be true ... I suggest it IS too good to be true.
The ancient "seers" were extremely superstitious. That is WHY they created warring gods and goddesses in their systems of belief.
Which "modern Pagans" are you talking about, Fraud?

And WHY are you speaking for all of a group you're not even a part of?

Prince George, Canada

#240498 Nov 5, 2012
The superstition of religion came trickling down through the generations of all cultures, and for the most part the people through fear and LACK of knowledge created gods and goddesses because it was all they had on which to rely.

My hope is, that we can do better by future generations and relieve them of the silliness of religion that was put upon most of us, whose parents and guardians didn't know better.

Having been under the spell of religion, I fully understand the comforts of the supposed "up" side ... but it is the down side of religion that brings the horrors of division, war and fear within the dogmas themselves.

From my perspective, the down side is not worth the up side. Not even close!!!

Faith in the ability to be whole within our selves does not need superstition on which to reLIE.

Prince George, Canada

#240499 Nov 5, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
All ... yours included!

Prince George, Canada

#240500 Nov 5, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
And WHY are you speaking for all of a group you're not even a part of?
If you felt full of love (whole) within your self Bitner ... you wouldn't NEED a ritual of bringing down love FROM a goddess.

Prince George, Canada

#240501 Nov 5, 2012
I don't feel full of love, and I don't expect to ever feel full of love, as that notion is ridiculous.

Emotions are fickle. I can be angry one moment and all mushy the next moment ... but I don't believe any of the emotions are dependable.

I just do my best to try my best and don't expect more.

To be human, is simply to accept being human.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#240502 Nov 5, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All ... yours included!
You've asked ALL "modern Pagans" what they believe? When did you have time?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#240503 Nov 5, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you felt full of love (whole) within your self Bitner ... you wouldn't NEED a ritual of bringing down love FROM a goddess.
LOL, you're deflecting again, Fraud.

WHY are you speaking for all of a group that you are not even a part of?

You whine when I, as a Wiccan of nearly 30 years worth of experience in the religion, speak on matters that pertain to all Wiccans, and yet here you are, pretending YOU speak for ALL "modern Pagans". You are not a Pagan, and not all "modern Pagans" are the same. You don't speak for ANY of them, nevermind ALL of them.

Your desperation has made you stupid.

Prince George, Canada

#240504 Nov 5, 2012

Death appeared to men as a woman dressed in white; they sought to trick her and sometimes succeeded in duping her.

Prince George, Canada

#240505 Nov 5, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You've asked ALL "modern Pagans" what they believe? When did you have time?
If they taught what the ancients believed, they would laughed off the map!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay rights advocates sue over arrest at silent ... 4 min Belles Echoes 4
News LGBT anti-discrimination bill lives, barely, fo... 6 min Belles Echoes 6
News New research says sex education ignores gay and... 7 min cpeter1313 1,215
News Gay N.H. man confronts Rubio over marriage oppo... 20 min Belles Echoes 9
Choose not to be gay 26 min help 392
should the homosexual lifestyle be outlawed? 1 hr Bernice 10
News Venue owners appeal fine for denying lesbian co... 1 hr heyhey 23
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 30,733
News Justicea s gay marriage order halts licenses in... 4 hr Rose_NoHo 333
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... 6 hr George 9,055
More from around the web