Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 216673 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#243075 Nov 30, 2012
It's fascinating how those in religion want to kill gods or goddesses off just because they don't like them.

Yet Bitner once stated that ALL gods are divine.

I don't know where she comes up with such information.

If allowed, it could boggle a mind.

:)

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#243076 Nov 30, 2012
TALK
TALK
TALK

By Jay Ingram … first published 1992 … an investigation into the mystery of speech …

A recent attempt was made to diagnose the woman who is perhaps the best known of all these historical figures who heard voices: Joan of Arc. The physician who studied her case, Dr Fred Henker, decided that whatever she was, she wasn’t a schizophrenic.

St Joan freely admitted both to hearing the voice of God, and to seeing visions of St. Michael, St Catherine and St Margaret. She had heard these voices from the age of thirteen, and they had urged her to get involved in the battle against the occupying British. Until the last moments before she was burned at the stake Joan maintained that the voices she heard came for God. When Dr Henker tried to diagnose Joan, he concluded that she didn’t satisfy the modern criteria for Schizophrenia. In today’s context a village girl who had a dream of leading an army into battle to defeat an invading force would seem deluded, and delusions are characteristic of schizophrenia. But Henker felt that Joan’s religious fervour and grandiose ambitions weren’t unusual for the early 1400s. In fact her reports of hearing voices and seeing visions weren’t atypical either, and neither the delusions or the hallucinations made Charles VII or her army hesitate to throw their lot with her. More important, she showed none of the disordered thought that is typical of schizophrenia: during her trial, Joan matched eloquence and intelligence with the numerous judges she faced. Nor did she show any signs of mental deterioration with time. An editorial in the Southern Journal of Medicine accompanying Dr Henker’s discussion of Joan’s symptoms made the simple point that it should come as no surprise that it’s hard to diagnose someone like Joan of Arc using modern medical criteria. She was a mystic, and you can’t explain mystics rationally.

So people with mental disorders, mystics, and a fair number of people from the general population hear voices. This still isn’t anywhere near the number of people who used to hear voices.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#243077 Nov 30, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm quite sure from what you posted that you don't believe Gerald's goddess of homophobia resides in the moon, or anywhere else in your belief.
:)
As I've never indicated one way or the other, you don't know any such thing. Pretending you do is just more of your pathological dishonesty.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#243078 Nov 30, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
TALK
TALK
TALK
By Jay Ingram … first published 1992 … an investigation into the mystery of speech …
A recent attempt was made to diagnose the woman who is perhaps the best known of all these historical figures who heard voices: Joan of Arc. The physician who studied her case, Dr Fred Henker, decided that whatever she was, she wasn’t a schizophrenic.
St Joan freely admitted both to hearing the voice of God, and to seeing visions of St. Michael, St Catherine and St Margaret. She had heard these voices from the age of thirteen, and they had urged her to get involved in the battle against the occupying British. Until the last moments before she was burned at the stake Joan maintained that the voices she heard came for God. When Dr Henker tried to diagnose Joan, he concluded that she didn’t satisfy the modern criteria for Schizophrenia. In today’s context a village girl who had a dream of leading an army into battle to defeat an invading force would seem deluded, and delusions are characteristic of schizophrenia. But Henker felt that Joan’s religious fervour and grandiose ambitions weren’t unusual for the early 1400s. In fact her reports of hearing voices and seeing visions weren’t atypical either, and neither the delusions or the hallucinations made Charles VII or her army hesitate to throw their lot with her. More important, she showed none of the disordered thought that is typical of schizophrenia: during her trial, Joan matched eloquence and intelligence with the numerous judges she faced. Nor did she show any signs of mental deterioration with time. An editorial in the Southern Journal of Medicine accompanying Dr Henker’s discussion of Joan’s symptoms made the simple point that it should come as no surprise that it’s hard to diagnose someone like Joan of Arc using modern medical criteria. She was a mystic, and you can’t explain mystics rationally.
So people with mental disorders, mystics, and a fair number of people from the general population hear voices. This still isn’t anywhere near the number of people who used to hear voices.
What is the point you are trying to make?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#243079 Nov 30, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
It's fascinating how those in religion want to kill gods or goddesses off just because they don't like them.
Yet Bitner once stated that ALL gods are divine.
I don't know where she comes up with such information.
If allowed, it could boggle a mind.
:)
Your implication that I want to "kill gods or goddesses" is just you being dishonest. As usual.

Where? The dictionary. You should try it sometime. Gods are divine by nature.

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#243080 Nov 30, 2012
Lois Pearson in a newspaper article from 1961.

Observe the anti-homosexual attitude in the witchcraft cult at that time.

And observe how she brags about being a healer and having "power" to influence people.

http://www.thewica.co.uk/Lois%20PN.htm

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#243081 Nov 30, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Your implication that I want to "kill gods or goddesses" is just you being dishonest. As usual.
Where? The dictionary. You should try it sometime. Gods are divine by nature.
Is Gerald's homophobic goddess divine???

:)

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#243082 Nov 30, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the point you are trying to make?
Take the point as it comes to you!

I don't interpret meanings for you.

I just posted it for people to read.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#243083 Nov 30, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I just posted it for people to read.
Why?

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#243084 Nov 30, 2012
Note the money made off of the new craze of witchcraft, even in 1964.

Had they used the word sorcery, does anyone believe the religion of modern Paganism would have caught on like a house on fire???

My guess is ... it would have died a quick death.

http://www.thewica.co.uk/DV%20Prediction%20Ma...

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#243085 Nov 30, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
'Cause it suited my desires ... as does your flavor of religion suit your desires.

You try to pretend that your homophobic imagined god loves everybody. I suggest you are just another religious double-talker.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#243086 Nov 30, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Gerald's homophobic goddess divine???
:)
Since you're so lazy, here...

"di·vine [dih-vahyn] Show IPA adjective, di·vin·er, di·vin·est, noun, verb, di·vined, di·vin·ing.
adjective
1.of or pertaining to a god, especially the Supreme Being."

Again, Divinity is the nature of all Gods.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#243087 Nov 30, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Astrology is very interesting. Most people don't know that we are more than just our "Sun sign". There is a Moon sign, and one for the other planets (except Earth, of course). For anyone who's ever read the description of their sign and thought "that's just not me", especially someone near the cusp between two signs, that's why. You have to figure out your birth chart, and read the whole thing. And the other forms of the zodiac (Chinese, Celtic Lunar calendar, etc, seem to be just as accurate, at least when describing personalities.
It really can't predict the future, it can just give general trends, and how each person is likely to react to them. A great book is "The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need". Can't remember the author right at this moment.
Astrology is nothing to live your whole life by, IMO, but it can help you to know yourself.
I think I have "The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need"....that might be the one that has the charts in it?

I have done a few charts....but Linda Goodmans Sun Signs as far as personality and even physical characteristics I found extremely interesting!

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#243088 Nov 30, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not afraid of my energy being manipulated. I am respectful of not trying to manipulate energy in such ways as that to which you refer.
Playing with Ouija boards and going to psychics that believe they can manipulate the future with their whims of fancy, while they play, or are serious in intent, with tarot cards, etc., is not something to which I adhere.
If you like dabbling in that type of stuff, that is your right.
I like checking things out, some things are interesting! Never had any luck with the Ouija board....by the way my mousepad is a Ouija board, i think that is humorous!
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#243089 Nov 30, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
'Cause it suited my desires ... as does your flavor of religion suit your desires.
You try to pretend that your homophobic imagined god loves everybody. I suggest you are just another religious double-talker.
You just like the story of Joan of Arc. Okay

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#243090 Nov 30, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I have "The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need"....that might be the one that has the charts in it?
I have done a few charts....but Linda Goodmans Sun Signs as far as personality and even physical characteristics I found extremely interesting!
Yes, it's the one with all the charts. I've always been fascinated with astrology. When I was little, my aunt gave me, well it wasn't exactly a game, just looked like one, where you could put together birth charts. Hmmmm....wonder whatever happened to it. I'm guessing my mother threw it out with other stuff that I didn't ask her to keep, or didn't take with me when I moved out :)

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#243091 Nov 30, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't wish to punch a hole in your balloon, but I believe that Oral Roberts and his claim that if he didn't raise a certain amount of money by a certain date, god was going to kill him ... was WAY out to lunch!
I might be out to lunch also ... but hopefully on the other end of the out to lunch spectrum.
Ever hear this song?



A tribute to Oral in it:

Hey, Mr. Roberts, don't you tell me no lies
I don't mind you being vain
Pick up the phone in your whitewashed house
Simpering that same refrain

Three to five more years
Is all you got
For you to do your nasty thing
Making rain, suffering pain

Telling everybody that it's in his name
His name, whose name
What are you telling me?
I don't believe your tales

Too many people in this world
Don't like being snails
If you gonna do it
Better get it together

Read more: SHAWN PHILLIPS - SONG FOR MR. C LYRICS

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#243092 Nov 30, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you're so lazy, here...
"di·vine [dih-vahyn] Show IPA adjective, di·vin·er, di·vin·est, noun, verb, di·vined, di·vin·ing.
adjective
1.of or pertaining to a god, especially the Supreme Being."
Again, Divinity is the nature of all Gods.
Again, I will ask you if you believe that all goddessess are divine?

Divine

a. Supremely good or beautiful; magnificent: a divine performance of the concerto.
b. Extremely pleasant; delightful: had a divine time at the ball.
4. Heavenly; perfect.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/divine

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#243093 Nov 30, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You just like the story of Joan of Arc. Okay
Of course. She was sainted by the same church that murdered her.

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#243094 Nov 30, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
I like checking things out, some things are interesting! Never had any luck with the Ouija board....by the way my mousepad is a Ouija board, i think that is humorous!
What you do is up to you. It would be my choice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Board of Supervisors celebrates Solano's diversity 17 min Topanga 1
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 39 min Frankie Rizzo 5,980
News Amherst raises Pride flag 44 min BornGay 1
News Katherine Clark, Betsy DeVos get into heated di... 1 hr BornGay 5
Jade's Gerbil Farm Bed and Breakfast 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 18
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 49,251
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 1 hr orlando 435
News Middle School Gay-Straight Alliance Allowed To ... 1 hr The Wheeze of Trump 38
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 25,617
More from around the web