Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Full Story

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#238529 Oct 14, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
Modern Pagans believe in deities that don't punish.
If these deities don't punish, they also don't need recognition or worship.
So people must be in these religions simply for the power they take from the rituals themselves ... such as bringing down the goddess to feel LIKE a goddess.
There's a lot of ego in believing the self to be a powerful witch.
From my perspective, it's not about any deities at all. It's about self-indulgence in the idea of being in control and "owning" the power.
"Modern Pagans believe in deities that don't punish."

Says who? You're just lying again, June. Who are YOU to speak for all modern Pagans?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#238530 Oct 14, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't mind being called an extremist Bitner.
If the shoe fits, I'll wear it. But your opinion is ONLY an opinion.
MY opinion? It was the author's opinion. An ATHEIST'S opinion.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#238531 Oct 14, 2012
http://omgcenter.com/2011/09/the-religious-fa...

"I appreciate entertainer Penn, to a degree, who in this article writes with articulate humility that he doesn’t know…although later he states,“I’m not going to use faith to fill in the gaps.”

But if he doesn’t know (and who does, really?) that’s exactly what he is doing. Using faith to fill in the gaps."

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#238532 Oct 14, 2012
Who decided that belief in gods and goddesses was a sacred issue???

WHO?

It's a fact that people don't, and never have had any respect for other people's imaginary gods.

If you can't see that it's all about ego, you really are blind!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#238533 Oct 14, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
Who decided that belief in gods and goddesses was a sacred issue???
WHO?
It's a fact that people don't, and never have had any respect for other people's imaginary gods.
If you can't see that it's all about ego, you really are blind!
Aw, did you stamp your widdle feet and spray spittle while pounding on the keyboard, Extremist?

You whine a lot, you know that?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#238534 Oct 14, 2012

"My problem is with the haughty atheist contingent which demonstrates the very vim and vigor and contempt and arrogance and ignorance of the Christian extremism they ostensibly detest."

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#238535 Oct 14, 2012
I once believed in a god that loved every body. But one day I decided that a god that loved would not create a universe where suffering existed in any form whatsoever, much less in defenseless forms of life that are not human and don't deserve to suffer just for the sake of suffering.

When religion made no more sense to me, I left it behind.

You can call my views extreme, but I paid my dues for seventy years (many of them in utter religious confusion), and THAT was extreme to me.

Your gods of worship may be sacred to you, but this is a forum, not a church, mosque, synagogue, or a Wiccan get-together, and I have a right to express my opinions.

Call me extreme if it pleases you. It matters not to me.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#238536 Oct 14, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
I once believed in a god that loved every body. But one day I decided that a god that loved would not create a universe where suffering existed in any form whatsoever, much less in defenseless forms of life that are not human and don't deserve to suffer just for the sake of suffering.
When religion made no more sense to me, I left it behind.
You can call my views extreme, but I paid my dues for seventy years (many of them in utter religious confusion), and THAT was extreme to me.
Your gods of worship may be sacred to you, but this is a forum, not a church, mosque, synagogue, or a Wiccan get-together, and I have a right to express my opinions.
Call me extreme if it pleases you. It matters not to me.
Aw, Whiny Extremist doesn't like getting a taste of her own medicine. Doesn't matter? LOL, clearly it does.

Guess what, June? No one is trying to stop you from giving your opinions. No one. Unlike YOU who DOES try to control how other posters interact with each other, as long as they're religious that is.

Spout your nonsensical opinions all you like. And I'll continue to express MY opinions about YOU as well.

The problem is when you twist and lie in order to justify them.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#238537 Oct 14, 2012
Bitner only respects her image of a goddess because the goddess gives her no problems whatsoever.

She is a power-seeker, and being a witch gives her that sense of power.

Gods that harshly judge believers will get nothing but negative attention from Bitner. She does not respect the Christian image of a god. If she had, she would still be a Catholic-Christian. No one turns away from a god, just because of how other people believe in the god, unless there is a better offer out there ... and for Bitner that was her goddess who judges no one ... not even me.

How handy is that belief for Bitner???

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#238538 Oct 14, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Spout your nonsensical opinions all you like. And I'll continue to express MY opinions about YOU as well.
I certainly hope so Bitner.

You don't see yourSELF as extreme ... do you?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#238539 Oct 14, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
Bitner only respects her image of a goddess because the goddess gives her no problems whatsoever.
She is a power-seeker, and being a witch gives her that sense of power.
Gods that harshly judge believers will get nothing but negative attention from Bitner. She does not respect the Christian image of a god. If she had, she would still be a Catholic-Christian. No one turns away from a god, just because of how other people believe in the god, unless there is a better offer out there ... and for Bitner that was her goddess who judges no one ... not even me.
How handy is that belief for Bitner???
You're lying about me again, June.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#238540 Oct 14, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly hope so Bitner.
You don't see yourSELF as extreme ... do you?
No, because I'm not. You are.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#238541 Oct 14, 2012
Imagine if the pope were to say "I no longer believe in God, because what other people believe about God has upset me!"

Bitner left because she didn't like what she was taught the god wanted her to be.

She no more believes that all gods are divine as in "loving" than she believes in pink elephants.

She can order her goddess and god around 'till the cows come home, and they will never make a fuss.

Silly people and their silly beliefs.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#238542 Oct 14, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
Imagine if the pope were to say "I no longer believe in God, because what other people believe about God has upset me!"
Bitner left because she didn't like what she was taught the god wanted her to be.
She no more believes that all gods are divine as in "loving" than she believes in pink elephants.
She can order her goddess and god around 'till the cows come home, and they will never make a fuss.
Silly people and their silly beliefs.
Your entire post is nothing but a lie.

Your extreme dishonesty is showing again, June.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#238545 Oct 14, 2012
So, while in "trance" Bitner might prophecy and give advice???

It's not unlike any of those Christian televangelists that foresee whatever it is they claim to see.

Such nonsense!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#238546 Oct 14, 2012
http://www.glittersnipe.com/2012/08/14/atheis...

"The American Atheists organization has for decades shown nothing but haughty disdain not just for religions in general but toward the religious themselves. Theirs is little more than a crusade in reverse and they’re as fired up as a hyperventilating preacher in a tent revival."

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#238548 Oct 14, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
So, while in "trance" Bitner might prophecy and give advice???
It's not unlike any of those Christian televangelists that foresee whatever it is they claim to see.
Such nonsense!

"I appreciate entertainer Penn, to a degree, who in this article writes with articulate humility that he doesn’t know…although later he states,“I’m not going to use faith to fill in the gaps.”

But if he doesn’t know (and who does, really?) that’s exactly what he is doing. Using faith to fill in the gaps."

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#238549 Oct 14, 2012
Ah, June must be searching desperately through all the posts she obsessively saved like a lunatic.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#238550 Oct 14, 2012
And while the extremist is busy, would anyone care to explain to me HOW Ryan advocating for exceptions to a ban on abortion is anything OTHER than him separating his religion from his politics, something he claims can't be done?

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#238551 Oct 14, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, did I say I do this?
Do you honestly believe that even if a goddess of purity existed, that she would WANT to come into your being and align with your character???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How 2014 Was the Beginning of the End for the G... 11 min CordwienerLout 9
Gay veterans get OK for Boston's St. Patrick's ... 17 min CordwienerLout 16
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 29 min KiMare 2,786
Congressman Under Fire For 'Outlaw Divorce' Rem... (Jul '06) 46 min Swedenforever 40
It's Wednesday - Let's Discuss NE Jade 47 min Maurice 5
Why (R1) Righteous One is a POS (Dec '12) 51 min Righteous123 70
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Respect71 5,255
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 1 hr hal 26,584
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 4,936
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 2 hr Brian_G 4,273