Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Full Story

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#238490 Oct 13, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
My parents didn't have the same religions, but they both believed in god.
There was no way on this earth they would have suggested I could choose to be an Atheist.
It would have gone against their own principles of what they believed was the "right" thing to teach their children.
So? The thing you're ignoring, is that Wicca doesn't teach that it's the only valid religion. So there is NO reason to insist their children follow it. Or agonize over it if they don't.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#238491 Oct 13, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why you continually put the Christians down when they believed that unrepentant homosexuals and women who have abortions will burn in hell?
I don't.

One, I don't put all Christians down at all, your dishonesty notwithstanding. I've known many Christians that don't believe that anyway.

Two, I don't care if they BELIEVE that, though I will debate it with them. Where the problem is, is when they attempt to IMPOSE those beliefs on others, or tell lies about homosexuals.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#238492 Oct 13, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I stated it's up to them what they believe. They know I don't respect any religion. And they also know what I believe about the Wiccans luring their children in the pretence that they know the truth about what the Christ actually stated.
The Christians know how to add ... don't they Bitner?
You once were one, so you ought to know.
What you are doing is pretending to care about their children in order to start trouble, that's all.

But they're not stupid enough to believe you are 'warning' them about anything. You're fooling no one.

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#238493 Oct 13, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
So? The thing you're ignoring, is that Wicca doesn't teach that it's the only valid religion. So there is NO reason to insist their children follow it. Or agonize over it if they don't.
I suggest you let the Christians decide what OTHER Wiccans besides you teach.

It's a Heinz 57 mixture in the guise of "knowing this and that and a discombobulation of other stuff."

My guess is, all Wiccans believe they are teachers very soon after the come in contact with other Wiccans.

It's a fast-tract religion to "knowledge" that fits for all occasions.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#238494 Oct 13, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't.
One, I don't put all Christians down at all, your dishonesty notwithstanding. I've known many Christians that don't believe that anyway.
Two, I don't care if they BELIEVE that, though I will debate it with them. Where the problem is, is when they attempt to IMPOSE those beliefs on others, or tell lies about homosexuals.
Context Bitner ... context. You are still disrespecting their sacred beliefs.

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why you continually put the Christians down when they believed that unrepentant homosexuals and women who have abortions will burn in hell?

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#238495 Oct 13, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
What you are doing is pretending to care about their children in order to start trouble, that's all.
You weren't concerned about "trouble" when we wer dissing the sacred beliefs of Chooselife, Crusader, Franck, etc.

Suddenly you think I am stirring up trouble.

Well, you're right. ONLY this time, it's for the Wiccans, as the Christians get a glimmer that Wicca ain't "all THAT!"

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#238496 Oct 13, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you let the Christians decide what OTHER Wiccans besides you teach.
It's a Heinz 57 mixture in the guise of "knowing this and that and a discombobulation of other stuff."
My guess is, all Wiccans believe they are teachers very soon after the come in contact with other Wiccans.
It's a fast-tract religion to "knowledge" that fits for all occasions.
Who's talking about the Christians?

Your bigotry is showing again.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#238497 Oct 13, 2012
Virginia: Wiccan Takes Town to Court

In Chesterfield County, Virginia, Cynthia Simpson has taken the government to court because she has been excluded from the list of clergy that gives the opening prayer at the Board of Supervisor meetings. Her exclusion is due entirely to the fact that she is a Wiccan and, therefore, should be a clear case of religious discrimination.

http://atheism.about.com/b/2005/02/14/virgini...

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#238498 Oct 13, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Context Bitner ... context. You are still disrespecting their sacred beliefs.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of extremists? Yes, I've never claimed otherwise. As I said, I respect their right to HAVE their beliefs. Not the right to impose them on others, or lie about them.

And still, none of that refutes my statement that I don't believe my religion to be superior to any other. I don't. This is just you deflecting.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#238499 Oct 13, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's talking about the Christians?
I was!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#238500 Oct 13, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You weren't concerned about "trouble" when we wer dissing the sacred beliefs of Chooselife, Crusader, Franck, etc.
Suddenly you think I am stirring up trouble.
Well, you're right. ONLY this time, it's for the Wiccans, as the Christians get a glimmer that Wicca ain't "all THAT!"
You really think the Christians were okay with Wicca before YOU came to "save them"? LOL, you're an idiot.

You are trying to stir up trouble. It's what you do.

You're constanatly trying to control how the religious people on this thread post to each other, suggesting that we "cuddle up with" each other, and telling the Christian how their God won't like it, as though you have any right to take them to task.

I know, it's hard to prove that religion is all bad when we are civil with each other. It doesn't prove your point to have us not constantly fighting.

And you're furious with me because I don't let you get away with your lies, so now you're trying to start fights between me and the Christians.

Don't bother to deny it, it's obvious.

Well, if you think they won't see through you just like I do, you're only fooling yourself.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#238501 Oct 13, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I was!
No, actually you weren't. We were both talking about my children, and how I encouraged them to make their own choice of religion. That's has nothing to do with the Christians.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#238502 Oct 13, 2012
Ancient China

The Golden Rule existed among all the major philosophical schools of Ancient China: Mohism, Taoism, and Confucianism. Examples of the concept include:
"Zi Gong asked, saying, "Is there one word that may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?" The Master said, "Is not RECIPROCITY such a word?" – Confucius[13][14]
"Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself." – Confucius[15]
"If people regarded other people's families in the same way that they regard their own, who then would incite their own family to attack that of another? For one would do for others as one would do for oneself." – Mozi
"The sage has no interest of his own, but takes the interests of the people as his own. He is kind to the kind; he is also kind to the unkind: for Virtue is kind. He is faithful to the faithful; he is also faithful to the unfaithful: for Virtue is faithful." –Laozi[16]
"Regard your neighbor's gain as your own gain, and your neighbor's loss as your own loss." –Laozi[17]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Rule#Anti...

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#238503 Oct 13, 2012
Ancient Greece

The Golden Rule in its prohibitive form was a common principle in ancient Greek philosophy. Examples of the general concept include:
"Do not to your neighbor what you would take ill from him." – Pittacus[20](c. 640–568 BCE)
"Avoid doing what you would blame others for doing." – Thales[21](c. 624 BC – c. 546 BC)
"What you do not want to happen to you, do not do it yourself either. " – Sextus the Pythagorean.[22] The oldest extant reference to Sextus is by Origen in the third century of the common era.[23]
"Do not do to others what would anger you if done to you by others." – Isocrates[24](436–338 BCE)
"What thou avoidest suffering thyself seek not to impose on others." – Epictetus[25]
"It is impossible to live a pleasant life without living wisely and well and justly (agreeing 'neither to harm nor be harmed'[26]), and it is impossible to live wisely and well and justly without living a pleasant life." – Epicurus[27]
"...it has been shown that to injure anyone is never just anywhere." - Socrates, in Plato's Republic. Plato is the first person known to have said this.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#238504 Oct 13, 2012
Humanism

Many different sources claim the Golden Rule as a humanist principle:[50][51]

Trying to live according to the Golden Rule means trying to empathise with other people, including those who may be very different from us. Empathy is at the root of kindness, compassion, understanding and respect – qualities that we all appreciate being shown, whoever we are, whatever we think and wherever we come from. And although it isn’t possible to know what it really feels like to be a different person or live in different circumstances and have different life experiences, it isn’t difficult for most of us to imagine what would cause us suffering and to try to avoid causing suffering to others. For this reason many people find the Golden Rule’s corollary –“do not treat people in a way you would not wish to be treated yourself”– more pragmatic.[50]

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#238505 Oct 13, 2012
Hahahahahahaha
>>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the book compiled by Larousse … World Mythology

A mythology as complex as the universe

The majority of students interested in research into Hindu mythology have been alarmed by its complexity. The stories of gods, demi-gods, demons, sages and heroes overlap and form such a tangled web that not only is it almost impossible to isolate one story alone, but none can be understood except in the light of others. Scholars have almost always beaten a weary retreat, declaring that the texts are foolish and childish in spite of some fine flights of poetry.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#238506 Oct 13, 2012
Any body up for studying Hinduism?

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the book compiled by Larousse … World Mythology

A mythology as complex as the universe

It has millions of gods, each with a variety of functions and bearing many different names, sometimes more than a thousand.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#238507 Oct 13, 2012
'Oh...my balona has a first name it's O S C A R.
My balona has a second name it's M A Y E R.
Oh I love to eat it every-day,and if you ask me I will-say...cause'JuneVanderMar k has a way of messing with your mind all day!
Svaha

Saint Petersburg, FL

#238508 Oct 14, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Svaha!
Almost missed you in the Blizzard named June.
Pretty good, all said. Which is plenty. Although if you would like, I do have a laundry list of petty complaints. I think I'll spare you, though.:-)
How is life treating you?
<3

pretty well actually. I'll spare you my laundry list and I'll be so glad when the elections are over. I feel like I've been run over by a truck:-)

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#238509 Oct 14, 2012
Jumper wrote:
'Oh...my balona has a first name it's O S C A R.
My balona has a second name it's M A Y E R.
Oh I love to eat it every-day,and if you ask me I will-say...cause'JuneVanderMar k has a way of messing with your mind all day!
Have you thought of entering your "poetry" in a contest Jumper?

Losing can sometimes be a positive experience.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 3 min WeTheSheeple 918
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 4 min uther pendragon 1,404
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 9 min take a number 200,967
Chattanooga voters repeal civil rights for LGBT... 14 min Tre H 95
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 25 min Pastor Ssempa Da ... 55,922
US judge upholds state same-sex marriage ban, r... 26 min WeTheSheeple 784
What counts as a 'real name' on Facebook? 36 min Tre H 9
Web filter lifts block on gay sitesWeb filter l... 5 hr Frankie Rizzo 38
Ginsburg: Watch 6th Circuit on gay marriage 5 hr Fa-Foxy 64
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••