Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

Oct 30, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fables of the reconstruction

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Comments
203,021 - 203,040 of 219,864 Comments Last updated Yesterday

Since: Sep 09

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

People claim that their gods are real, and some claim to have "seen" the gods. But images that replay over and over and over in people's minds can become more real to the believers than what occurs in their daily lives with other humans.

And if fear of demons is added to the fantasies, there is danger in mentally over-dosing on such fiction.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Religious Insanity in America: The Official Nineteenth-Century Theory

Throughout much of the nineteenth century, psychiatrists and ordinary citizens agreed that one of the chief causes of mental illness was religious excitement.

Discovery of hitherto untouched data from the 1860 census, giving supposed cause of insanity for 2,258 inmates of 17 asylums, provides the opportunity for exploring the alleged role of religion in producing insanity. Enshrined in publications of the U.S. government and in the chief psychiatric texts as part of the official theory of madness, the idea of religious insanity may have served a number of functions for the new profession of psychiatry, as well as offering afflicted families an optimistic interpretation of mental problems.

http://socrel.oxfordjournals.org/content/45/3...

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
That has nothing to do with my point. I said nothing about religions that don't have Gods, which DO exist, by the way. But that was not my point.
What's pathetic is your lack of reading comprehension.
OH ... if I could only be as perfect as you ... my dreams would be fulfilled.

:)

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Many Buddhists believe in a deity or deities, but then some of them must have thought they could work their way up the ladder to Nirvana all by themselves, so they no longer believed in the existence of gods.

It's a mystery to me how they thought the universe had a high state of "knowledge" without a deity existing "in" that high state, encouraging the wayward beasties to "come home" ... but that doesn't seem to bother them.

It's the arrogance that keeps people in religion going on the same mental imaginary paths.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Discover Magazine

Buddhists do believe in god

One of the points that I run into all the time is that Buddhism is a religion without god, that is it is an atheistic religion. I admit this assertion as an ideal or elite belief, but contend that the vast majority of the world’s Buddhists are theists, so one can’t simply present Buddhism as an atheistic religion when most Buddhists are not atheists. I do tend to agree that Western converts to Buddhism are often atheists, and that’s one reason Westerners view it as atheistic religion since the Buddhists they are most likely to know are not ethnically Asian ones. The US Religious Landscape Survey actually has some questions which assess the beliefs of American Buddhists.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2008/0...

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

People that try to explain the existence of a god or gods will often add that it is impossible to explain what is beyond "knowing."

How silly is THAT statement?

Such double-talk is common in religion.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
OH ... if I could only be as perfect as you ... my dreams would be fulfilled.
Ah, whininess when you can't address the point. You do that a lot.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

"Of course god exists."

"How do you know?"

"Because I believe it's true."

"How do you know that what you believe is true?"

"I don't, but I have complete faith that it is true."

"Well, I have complete faith that it is NOT true."

"You'll be sorry."

"Is that a threat?"

"NO ... it's a promise."

And so it goes and goes and goes.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

The dalai lama seems to believe that he is "heavy with knowledge." How popular would he be if he stated that he was "dumb?"
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

You are called the 'living Buddha'...?

The term 'living Buddha' is a translation of the Chinese word 'ho fu'. In Tibetan, the operative word is 'lama' which means 'guru'. A guru is someone who is not necessarily a Buddha but is heavy with knowledge.

http://www.lifepositive.com/spirit/world-reli...

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Wherever you find religious "teachers" ... you will find words such as "knowledge," "wise," "enlightened," "holy," "saved," etc.

Those words are comparable to "charm" bracelets.

I suggest that if they added the word arrogance to the milieu, they would at least be honest.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, whininess when you can't address the point. You do that a lot.
You ALWAYS address the point and get it "right" ... and I just have to hope that in my next lifetime I will come back as wise as are you.

Whining all I have left in my "arsenal."

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

The witch named Bitner's not wise
At least in her own eyes
Yet she corrects all my errors
As fast as can be
And leaves me to wonder
How dumb I must be

If she is indeed not wise!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You ALWAYS address the point and get it "right" ... and I just have to hope that in my next lifetime I will come back as wise as are you.
Whining all I have left in my "arsenal."
It's nice, that you think I'm wise. I know I'm not.

Apparently whining IS all you have.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
The witch named Bitner's not wise
At least in her own eyes
Yet she corrects all my errors
As fast as can be
And leaves me to wonder
How dumb I must be
If she is indeed not wise!
What a childish person you are, June.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are a wise Wiccan witch who casts spells to try to manipulate what you believe NEEDS to be manipulated.

Aren't WE just something to "behold?"

What a grand pair we make. The epitome of stupidity!

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It's nice, that you think I'm wise. I know I'm not.
A short while ago I was in a shop where the mechanics fix mufflers, when a young arrogant man came in to complain. After venting his frustration loud and clear, he stated that he was just there on behalf of his company, so it was none of his business ... but had it been his business, he would certainly have "something to say."

I don't think you are wise. But it is plain to me that YOU think you are ever-so-wise!

You are so wise as to state for a fact that fetuses don't feel pain ... period!

Despicable woman!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are a wise Wiccan witch who casts spells to try to manipulate what you believe NEEDS to be manipulated.
Aren't WE just something to "behold?"
What a grand pair we make. The epitome of stupidity!
Your dishonesty is showing again, June.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you at least appreciate my stab at poetry Bitner???

Surely I must be good at "something."

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you at least appreciate my stab at poetry Bitner???
Surely I must be good at "something."
Well, yes you are. Whining.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

I suggest it is fair that people speak about their own pain ... but to claim that another creature feels no pain is blatant arrogance in deed.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Crabs and other crustaceans not only feel pain, new research has found, but they remember it—and use the experience to try to avoid future shock. For the study, published in Animal Behavior, researchers Robert Elwood and Mirjam Appel looked at how hermit crabs reacted to small electric shocks. Using wires, they delivered the shocks to the abdomens of the hermits who take shelter inside other mollusks’ abandoned shells, and found the crabs would scamper out of the shells after being shocked,“indicating that the experience is unpleasant for them,” the scientists concluded; unshocked crabs stayed put [LiveScience]. The researchers say their study proves that this response is not just a reflex, but that central neuronal processing takes place [CNN].

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80beats/200...

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, yes you are. Whining.
Do YOU whine Bitner, or does just the "good stuff" apply to you?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••