Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237861 Oct 10, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU questioning the fairness of others? LOL, you're a fraud. You're not fair, so keep your pointing fingers to yourself, Hypocrite.
Would YOU want YOUR child put in a Catholic church, where they would be taught that those who have consensual gay relationships are intrinsically evil?

Would you hand your child to Fred Phelps to train up as he sees fit?

Well, neither would I want you to train children to your religious whims.

If one is not fair ... then they are all not fair.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#237862 Oct 10, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When you left Catholicism, my guess is, you believed it was an accomplishment.
When I left all religion ... I believed it was an accomplishment.
It's all a matter of opinion.
I wouldn't want you indoctrinating any children to your religious persuasion.
From my perception, it would not be fair to them.
You're no one to be accusing others of not being fair. You're nothing but a fraud.

Another bad guess, too.

My children are all grown. They were taught about their own religion, other religions, and Atheism. They had a solid foundation on which to judge for themselves what they believed. That is not 'indoctrination'.

As one Priestess of a teaching coven, I teach adults who come voluntarily to Wicca, or come from other Wiccan Traditions to learn ours. I trained for years to get to where I am now, and am quite proud of that accomplishment. There is nothing wrong with pride in one's accomplishments. Nothing.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237863 Oct 10, 2012
Some day maybe people will understand that to indoctrinate children with their favorite religion was a terrible move in the wrong direction.

Just maybe.

I can tell you, that the pleasure I got from believing that a god was real, paled in comparison to the confusion I suffered from the other things preachers tried to put into my psyche.

I'm thankful now that they never were able to convince me that I was any more special than non-human forms of life.

VERY thankful indeed!

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237864 Oct 10, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You're no one to be accusing others of not being fair. You're nothing but a fraud.
Another bad guess, too.
My children are all grown. They were taught about their own religion, other religions, and Atheism. They had a solid foundation on which to judge for themselves what they believed. That is not 'indoctrination'.
As one Priestess of a teaching coven, I teach adults who come voluntarily to Wicca, or come from other Wiccan Traditions to learn ours. I trained for years to get to where I am now, and am quite proud of that accomplishment. There is nothing wrong with pride in one's accomplishments. Nothing.
I understand that you believe being a teacher of religion is an accomplishment.

So did all the popes and Luther and the Imams and the Rabbis and the dalai lamas, etc.

They were, and many are VERY PROUD of indoctrinating other to their own cults.

I don't believe it's fair to indoctrinate others to a religion.

I believe it is fair to say ... "I don't know the answers to mysteries. I simply don't know and don't pretend to know."

THAT is being honest to the core or our beings!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#237865 Oct 10, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The danger was there for Jim to see ... but his pride in his indoctrination didn't allow him to be forewarned OF the danger.
No, his mental illness warped his religious beliefs. Just like your mental illness warps your beliefs, and turns them into bigotry.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#237866 Oct 10, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Would YOU want YOUR child put in a Catholic church, where they would be taught that those who have consensual gay relationships are intrinsically evil?
Would you hand your child to Fred Phelps to train up as he sees fit?
Well, neither would I want you to train children to your religious whims.
If one is not fair ... then they are all not fair.
More bigotry from June, pretending that her examples represent all Christians. They don't.

I would have no problem with the adoptive parents of I child I was giving up all rights to, raising them in their religion. If it was going to bother me, I wouldn't GIVE the child up for adoption.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237867 Oct 10, 2012
Having studied for years, I am aware of much of what those in religions teach ... but I am no closer to knowing truth than I was before those in religion took over my brain and atoned it to their own discombobulated ways of thinking.

Even though they all meant well ... they did an injustice by not simply admitting that they didn't know the answers.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#237868 Oct 10, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
Some day maybe people will understand that to indoctrinate children with their favorite religion was a terrible move in the wrong direction.
Just maybe.
I can tell you, that the pleasure I got from believing that a god was real, paled in comparison to the confusion I suffered from the other things preachers tried to put into my psyche.
I'm thankful now that they never were able to convince me that I was any more special than non-human forms of life.
VERY thankful indeed!
Your experiences are not everyone's. Many people are perfectly happy in the religion they grew up in. Many of them had positive experiences, and see no reason to change. I had a great childhood. I just stopped believing in the religion of my parents, that's all. It was not confusing, or traumatic in anyway.

My children are perfectly happy with the religion they grew up in. They see it as a positive thing, and see no reason to change. If they did, I'd have no problem with it, but they don't seem to want to be anything but Wiccan.

It's only your opinion that it's wrong to give children a religious foundation. And for some, it isn't a good thing. But that hardly proves that it's bad for all children. That's merely your bigotry talking.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#237869 Oct 10, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know WHY I left Catholicism. Your implication that it was because of Wicca, is incorrect. But you know this, as I've already told you I left Catholicism long before I discovered Wicca. And so, you only prove that you are a liar, once again.
So, why did you leave Christ?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#237870 Oct 10, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that you believe being a teacher of religion is an accomplishment.
So did all the popes and Luther and the Imams and the Rabbis and the dalai lamas, etc.
They were, and many are VERY PROUD of indoctrinating other to their own cults.
I don't believe it's fair to indoctrinate others to a religion.
I believe it is fair to say ... "I don't know the answers to mysteries. I simply don't know and don't pretend to know."
THAT is being honest to the core or our beings!
No, that's you spouting a huge cop out.

Anytime you accomplish something, it IS an accomplishment, June. That's what the word MEANS. I trained, and worked hard for that accomplishment. And I'm proud of it. Just as I am of being an LMBT and Doula. I trained and worked hard for that, and am proud of that as well. There is no difference. And there is nothing wrong with being proud of either.

There is also nothing wrong with teaching those who come to you to learn of their own free will. And there is nothing wrong with teaching one's children about all possibilities of belief, including those who lack belief, teaching them to trust their hearts, and make up their own minds about it. Nothing at all. My children were never forced to participate, nor did I ever tell them there was only one way to believe.

You're just a bigot.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237871 Oct 10, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, his mental illness warped his religious beliefs. Just like your mental illness warps your beliefs, and turns them into bigotry.
It was a gradual decline, as for years he was a well-respected pastor.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

During this time, Jones also helped to integrate churches, restaurants, the telephone company, the police department, a theater, an amusement park, and the Methodist Hospital.[16] After swastikas were painted on the homes of two African American families, Jones personally walked the neighborhood comforting African Americans and counseling white families not to move, in order to prevent white flight.[22] He also set up stings to catch restaurants refusing to serve African American customers[22] and wrote to American Nazi leaders then leaked their responses to the media.[23] When Jones was accidentally placed in the black ward of a hospital after a collapse in 1961, he refused to be moved and began to make the beds, and empty the bed pans of black patients.[24] Political pressures resulting from Jones' actions caused hospital officials to desegregate the wards.[24]

Two years later, in 1961, the Joneses became the first white couple in Indiana to adopt a black child, James Warren Jones, Jr.[31] Marceline was once spat upon while she carried Jim Jr.[23]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jones

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#237872 Oct 10, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So, why did you leave Christ?
I merely left the RCC. Are you another like June who cannot understand that there is a difference between Divinity, and the religions formed AROUND Divinity?

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237873 Oct 10, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Your experiences are not everyone's. Many people are perfectly happy in the religion they grew up in. Many of them had positive experiences, and see no reason to change. I had a great childhood. I just stopped believing in the religion of my parents, that's all. It was not confusing, or traumatic in anyway.
My children are perfectly happy with the religion they grew up in. They see it as a positive thing, and see no reason to change. If they did, I'd have no problem with it, but they don't seem to want to be anything but Wiccan.
It's only your opinion that it's wrong to give children a religious foundation. And for some, it isn't a good thing. But that hardly proves that it's bad for all children. That's merely your bigotry talking.
It's wrong to give children the impression that you know what you don't know.

You don't know that you will reincarnate, but that is what you taught your children.

You don't know that a spirit or a soul even exists, much less to teach that the spirit of the goddess comes in to the baby at birth.

When you teach such nonsense, you are putting yourself up where you have no right to be.

NONE!

To be completely honest, you must admit that you don't know the answers ... PERIOD!

And that would mean, you could not BE a religious "teacher."

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#237874 Oct 10, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's wrong to give children the impression that you know what you don't know.
You don't know that you will reincarnate, but that is what you taught your children.
You don't know that a spirit or a soul even exists, much less to teach that the spirit of the goddess comes in to the baby at birth.
When you teach such nonsense, you are putting yourself up where you have no right to be.
NONE!
To be completely honest, you must admit that you don't know the answers ... PERIOD!
And that would mean, you could not BE a religious "teacher."
It is never wrong to teach a child what you believe.

A teacher of a particular religion, teaches that religion. The beliefs and practices of that religion. I have never claimed to know what I don't know.

You're also doing it again, wanting to say you have no answers, but you pretending to know what the answers are not, which amounts to the same thing.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#237875 Oct 10, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
During this time, Jones also helped to integrate churches, restaurants, the telephone company, the police department, a theater, an amusement park, and the Methodist Hospital.[16] After swastikas were painted on the homes of two African American families, Jones personally walked the neighborhood comforting African Americans and counseling white families not to move, in order to prevent white flight.[22] He also set up stings to catch restaurants refusing to serve African American customers[22] and wrote to American Nazi leaders then leaked their responses to the media.[23] When Jones was accidentally placed in the black ward of a hospital after a collapse in 1961, he refused to be moved and began to make the beds, and empty the bed pans of black patients.[24] Political pressures resulting from Jones' actions caused hospital officials to desegregate the wards.[24]
Two years later, in 1961, the Joneses became the first white couple in Indiana to adopt a black child, James Warren Jones, Jr.[31] Marceline was once spat upon while she carried Jim Jr.[23]
As you know I believe in and worship God. speaking from that perspective, it seems to me that Jones' followers worshiped him, not God. They obviously would follow him anywhere and did.

People who put that much faith in other people will end up in trouble.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#237876 Oct 10, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So? Did I SAY anything about the speed of it? No, I didn't not. He was still mentally ill, fast or slow, it matters not. It was the mental illness that warped his religious beliefs, not his religion that cause the mental illness.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#237877 Oct 10, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Now now Jumper ... be nice ... and don't forget to be faithful to your Christian god "who abhors you taking sides with a Wiccan witch."
:)
It's gratifying to be detested by followers of all religious cults, rather than just a few.
:)
I only take the side of a offended person,if their belife is questioned.
I don't care if they paint themselves blue and worship stop lights.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237878 Oct 10, 2012
The word theology means to study religion ... not to believe that one can graduate to teach religion as even a semblance of being based on truth.

That is simply arrogance!

Study limits people to the level "of" study ... period!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#237879 Oct 10, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
Just maybe.
VERY thankful indeed!
Ah, well, my kids were fortunate that way. Wicca doesn't teach that humans are more special than any other form of life.

Of course, I grew up Catholic, and was not the least bit traumatized by it. I just stopped believing it.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237880 Oct 10, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
As you know I believe in and worship God. speaking from that perspective, it seems to me that Jones' followers worshiped him, not God. They obviously would follow him anywhere and did.
People who put that much faith in other people will end up in trouble.
They believed he was teaching them truth.

That's the danger of religious belief.

People get caught up in the euphoric nonsense, and their minds begin to dwell in fantasies of grandeur.

No doubt you picture yourself in "heavenly bliss with Jesus."

Leaders of cults captivate your thinking by telling you what you DESIRE to hear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Online sleuths aid police in gay-beating case 3 min Christaliban 17
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 4 min WeTheSheeple 1,092
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 6 min Christaliban 64
What counts as a "real name" on Facebook? 7 min Christaliban 1
Chattanooga voters repeal civil rights for LGBT... 11 min Annaleigh 108
Coach tied to beating of gay couple leaves job 37 min Yakitori 8
Once more on fascism knocking on the Balkan doo... (Aug '09) 47 min Blahblah80 1,928
US judge upholds state same-sex marriage ban, r... 50 min Pietro Armando 823
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 2 hr Tre H 453
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••