Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Full Story

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#237695 Oct 9, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
When I believed a god existed, I believed that my belief was based on absolute truth. Otherwise I never would have believed it.
When it comes to such a belief, there is NO sitting on a fence.
Bitner claims she believes in reincarnation. Is that simply a wishy-washy belief, or is she certain that her belief is right on the mark of truth? If she doubts it, does she really believe it?
That would be like the pope saying "I believe that god exists, but it's only my belief ... and I don't know if my belief is based on truth.
Such double-talking nonsense!!!
There is no "fence sitting". That is just you, trying to twist my position into something for you to whine about.

You're a lying sack of crap.

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237696 Oct 9, 2012
If Miriam's "speech" seems to good to be true ... chances are, it is because she is just as selfish as any other human on the planet.

Talk about the "good way to live" is cheap, and no matter which religion, it always peddles the same bullshit.

If you follow "my" lead, you will do it "right."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Goodness and the Goddess

How do I know what is good? Empathy tells me. That which furthers life, health, beauty, biodiversity, freedom, compassion, love, fairness and justice is good. If I act with integrity in the service of what I love, if I take responsibility for my actions and the well-being of others, I will do good.

By Starhawk | October 28, 2009; 08:35 PM ET | Comments (33)

http://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/onfaith/pa...

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237697 Oct 9, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no "fence sitting". That is just you, trying to twist my position into something for you to whine about.
You're a lying sack of crap.
Of course there is no fence-sitting.

You are just as certain that your goddess is real, as are the Christians that believe their god is real.

If you don't believe it is a fact, then you shouldn't have taught your children to believe it as a fact.

Only agnostics sit on the fence and don't what they believe as truth.

Actually you stated that I am an agnostic and you stated it as a fact.

You are full of "facts."

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237698 Oct 9, 2012
No where in Bitner's conversations with the Christians did she use the disclaimer ... "this is simply what I believe." She stated it ALL as affirmative.

Post # 220983 Page # 9719
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It's your Karma.

November 1, 2010
Post 150281 Page 6254

Bitnerís response

Hell doesn't exist.

My afterlife is already set. Everyone's is. However, it won't include your mythological heaven or hell.

If your god wanted everyone to be saved, they would be. It's that simple. No self-respecting Deity would even have to create such a place as hell. It makes no logical or spiritual sense.

Post # 163242 Page # 6894

Colorado 4 life wrote:
<quoted text>there are no other gods , only ONE God.

Bitnerís response

You are wrong.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237699 Oct 9, 2012
Bitner dug her heals in the same way the Christians dug their heals in ... but she likes to claim she was just expressing her belief as a belief.

What a lot of hooey.

They were all certain of their deities, and how the deities behave, the natures of the deities and blah, blah, blah.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#237700 Oct 9, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
If Miriam's "speech" seems to good to be true ... chances are, it is because she is just as selfish as any other human on the planet.
Talk about the "good way to live" is cheap, and no matter which religion, it always peddles the same bullshit.
If you follow "my" lead, you will do it "right."
Goodness and the Goddess
How do I know what is good? Empathy tells me. That which furthers life, health, beauty, biodiversity, freedom, compassion, love, fairness and justice is good. If I act with integrity in the service of what I love, if I take responsibility for my actions and the well-being of others, I will do good.
By Starhawk | October 28, 2009; 08:35 PM ET | Comments (33)
She's promoting the very same thing you do, to treat others as you want to be treated. What a hypocrite you are.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#237701 Oct 9, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course there is no fence-sitting.
You are just as certain that your goddess is real, as are the Christians that believe their god is real.
If you don't believe it is a fact, then you shouldn't have taught your children to believe it as a fact.
Only agnostics sit on the fence and don't what they believe as truth.
Actually you stated that I am an agnostic and you stated it as a fact.
You are full of "facts."
Of course I believe it. I've never said otherwise. Do you HAVE a point?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#237702 Oct 9, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
No where in Bitner's conversations with the Christians did she use the disclaimer ... "this is simply what I believe." She stated it ALL as affirmative.
Post # 220983 Page # 9719
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It's your Karma.
November 1, 2010
Post 150281 Page 6254
Bitnerís response
Hell doesn't exist.
My afterlife is already set. Everyone's is. However, it won't include your mythological heaven or hell.
If your god wanted everyone to be saved, they would be. It's that simple. No self-respecting Deity would even have to create such a place as hell. It makes no logical or spiritual sense.
Post # 163242 Page # 6894
Colorado 4 life wrote:
<quoted text>there are no other gods , only ONE God.
Bitnerís response
You are wrong.
Context, like so much else, escapes you.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#237703 Oct 9, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
Bitner dug her heals in the same way the Christians dug their heals in ... but she likes to claim she was just expressing her belief as a belief.
What a lot of hooey.
They were all certain of their deities, and how the deities behave, the natures of the deities and blah, blah, blah.
You're deflecting. You're just getting pissy that you can't lie and say I'm "insisting" that my Goddess loves everyone. You're only highlighting your own dishonesty.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237704 Oct 9, 2012
Some of the most proficient verbal and physical bullies are wrapped in religious garb.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
An Epidemic of Bullying

It may be cheap fun to watch someone else get pounded by the thugs--but bullies have a way of turning on their former friends and allies. Watch out--you may be next!

By Starhawk | September 18, 2009; 04:05 AM ET | Comments (11)

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237705 Oct 9, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
She's promoting the very same thing you do, to treat others as you want to be treated. What a hypocrite you are.
But I'm not "selling" it as a religion ... and she IS!!!

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237706 Oct 9, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Context, like so much else, escapes you.
You stated "everything" as "affirmative.

That IS the context of your posts.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237707 Oct 9, 2012
I wonder if Starhawk thought she was a bully when she posted the following against another woman who considers herself a "credible witch?"

When the claws come out, it shows the person as not being quite so "all that."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Real witchcraft deserves respect --not O'Donnell's dabbling

Whatever Christine O'Donnell may have dabbled in, it wasn't Witchcraft.

By Starhawk | September 21, 2010; 08:04 PM ET | Comments (18)

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#237708 Oct 9, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But I'm not "selling" it as a religion ... and she IS!!!
Wrong. She's talking about her religion in an editorial. That IS what you've been quoting. I know you probably didn't realize that, as you just skimmed as usual, looking for something to whine about.

You're a hypocrite, promoting Atheism while whining that others talking about their own beliefs, self-righteously implying you are somehow better than others because you say you treat others the way you want to be treated, yet whining when someone who is religious promotes the same thing.

You're a fraud.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#237709 Oct 9, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You stated "everything" as "affirmative.
That IS the context of your posts.
No, it is not the context of those conversations.

More to the point, in the last, she WAS wrong. As I've explained at least a dozen times. I was making the point that there are many Gods that people believe in, so to say there is only one, is incorrect. At least I began, but since she never replied back, the conversation went no further. I'm sorry you are unable to understand that, but it IS what I was saying.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#237710 Oct 9, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
I wonder if Starhawk thought she was a bully when she posted the following against another woman who considers herself a "credible witch?"
Stating facts is not "bullying". And yes, we've found another word you don't understand. No surprise.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237711 Oct 9, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a hypocrite, promoting Atheism while whining that others talking about their own beliefs
You stated in the affirmative that I am an Agnostic.

Did you get that wrong?

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237712 Oct 9, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. She's talking about her religion in an editorial. That IS what you've been quoting.
Those were "her" words in the editorial ... not mine.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#237713 Oct 9, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
All that witch stuff should be left to an old pro like you.
These kids don't know nothing these days.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237714 Oct 9, 2012
On this I agree with Miriam.

We need a different measure of strength
Is there such a thing as a 'just war'? The problem with that question is that when we answer 'yes', we end up in a world where there is 'just war'--just war as an ultimate solution to every problem, whether it be terrorists, international diplomacy, drugs in our streets or bugs in our gardens.
By Starhawk | December 21, 2009; 04:32 PM ET | Comments (4)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Allowing Blood Donations From Gay Men Could Hel... 2 min Professor Jumper 4
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 6 min Fa-Foxy 134
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 9 min SHIRLEY 1,212
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 21 min SHIRLEY 55,981
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 26 min KiMerde 49,882
Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer sold to Russians! 29 min Frankie Rizzo 7
Biggest Gay Lies 51 min OLD SARGE 2,029
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 1 hr Larry Craig s WC ... 471
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••