Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237613 Oct 8, 2012
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>A 'cheese Danish' think June...think beyond the norm.
Be careful what you pray for Jumper. If you desire to go to the great beyond for a dose of eternal bliss, you might get that wish ... sooner than you think.

After all ... your god DOES answer prayers ... doesn't HE???

:)
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#237614 Oct 8, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful what you pray for Jumper. If you desire to go to the great beyond for a dose of eternal bliss, you might get that wish ... sooner than you think.
After all ... your god DOES answer prayers ... doesn't HE???
Would you take a bite of a cheese danish if you had a dozen donuts?

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237615 Oct 8, 2012
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Would you take a bite of a cheese danish if you had a dozen donuts?
Being as I've never tasted a cheese danish, I would take the dozen doughnuts ... just to be safe rather than sorry.

And if I had to choose between which god was the most trustworthy of all the gods, I wouldn't choose any of them, as they all seem to obey humans, and that's NOT a good sign!

Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#237616 Oct 8, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Being as I've never tasted a cheese danish, I would take the dozen doughnuts ... just to be safe rather than sorry.
And if I had to choose between which god was the most trustworthy of all the gods, I wouldn't choose any of them, as they all seem to obey humans, and that's NOT a good sign!
Try a taste somtimes,you might be surprized.

That is, if your government allows it.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#237617 Oct 9, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
Now Bitner states there is a difference between religion and Divinity.
Those in every religious cult believe their gods are Divine ... and that IS religion in a nutshell.
I wonder what next will she come up with concerning her encounters with self-serving images?
There IS a difference between Gods, and the religions formed around them. It's not my fault you are unable to understand this fact.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237618 Oct 9, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
There IS a difference between Gods, and the religions formed around them. It's not my fault you are unable to understand this fact.
A religion without a god would be even more pathetic than a religion with a god.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237619 Oct 9, 2012
Often many people have to die to change situations. Fear is how brutes control the masses, and the more the control, the worse their behavior.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

PESHAWAR, Pakistan — Gunmen in Pakistan shot and seriously wounded on Tuesday a 14-year-old schoolgirl who rose to fame for speaking out against Taliban militants, authorities said.

The Taliban set up courts, executed residents and closed girls’ schools, including the one that Yousufzai attended. A documentary team filmed her weeping as she explained her ambition to be a doctor.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/10/09/pakis...

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237620 Oct 9, 2012
Often people will claim that other gods are false, and their own gods are real.

They don't seem to comprehend the selfish attitude that stems from that statement.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237621 Oct 9, 2012
They created gods for all occasions and all situations.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book compiled by Larousse … World Mythology

The System of Minor Gods

Among the minor deities is the female Daena (den). She is the ‘knowledge’ or ‘religion’ of Ohrmazd, in other words, according to the texts, she is just discernment between gods and demons.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237622 Oct 9, 2012
Just as the Christians idolize Jesus the Jew as their savior, the Persians also had their saviors.

These dogmas are all "old hat," rewarmed under different titles.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book compiled by Larousse … World Mythology

In contrast, looking not towards the past as something protective and life-giving, but towards the future as a renewal and ‘correction’ of the past—there is the Saoshyans (Savior), who is in a way eschatological champion, hence a perfect man, the ‘just’ man who appears to be the prime cause of the world, and its savior.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#237623 Oct 9, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
A religion without a god would be even more pathetic than a religion with a god.
That has nothing to do with my point. I said nothing about religions that don't have Gods, which DO exist, by the way. But that was not my point.

What's pathetic is your lack of reading comprehension.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237624 Oct 9, 2012
People claim that their gods are real, and some claim to have "seen" the gods. But images that replay over and over and over in people's minds can become more real to the believers than what occurs in their daily lives with other humans.

And if fear of demons is added to the fantasies, there is danger in mentally over-dosing on such fiction.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Religious Insanity in America: The Official Nineteenth-Century Theory

Throughout much of the nineteenth century, psychiatrists and ordinary citizens agreed that one of the chief causes of mental illness was religious excitement.

Discovery of hitherto untouched data from the 1860 census, giving supposed cause of insanity for 2,258 inmates of 17 asylums, provides the opportunity for exploring the alleged role of religion in producing insanity. Enshrined in publications of the U.S. government and in the chief psychiatric texts as part of the official theory of madness, the idea of religious insanity may have served a number of functions for the new profession of psychiatry, as well as offering afflicted families an optimistic interpretation of mental problems.

http://socrel.oxfordjournals.org/content/45/3...

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237625 Oct 9, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
That has nothing to do with my point. I said nothing about religions that don't have Gods, which DO exist, by the way. But that was not my point.
What's pathetic is your lack of reading comprehension.
OH ... if I could only be as perfect as you ... my dreams would be fulfilled.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237626 Oct 9, 2012
Many Buddhists believe in a deity or deities, but then some of them must have thought they could work their way up the ladder to Nirvana all by themselves, so they no longer believed in the existence of gods.

It's a mystery to me how they thought the universe had a high state of "knowledge" without a deity existing "in" that high state, encouraging the wayward beasties to "come home" ... but that doesn't seem to bother them.

It's the arrogance that keeps people in religion going on the same mental imaginary paths.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237627 Oct 9, 2012
Discover Magazine

Buddhists do believe in god

One of the points that I run into all the time is that Buddhism is a religion without god, that is it is an atheistic religion. I admit this assertion as an ideal or elite belief, but contend that the vast majority of the world’s Buddhists are theists, so one can’t simply present Buddhism as an atheistic religion when most Buddhists are not atheists. I do tend to agree that Western converts to Buddhism are often atheists, and that’s one reason Westerners view it as atheistic religion since the Buddhists they are most likely to know are not ethnically Asian ones. The US Religious Landscape Survey actually has some questions which assess the beliefs of American Buddhists.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2008/0...

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237628 Oct 9, 2012
People that try to explain the existence of a god or gods will often add that it is impossible to explain what is beyond "knowing."

How silly is THAT statement?

Such double-talk is common in religion.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#237629 Oct 9, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
OH ... if I could only be as perfect as you ... my dreams would be fulfilled.
Ah, whininess when you can't address the point. You do that a lot.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237630 Oct 9, 2012
"Of course god exists."

"How do you know?"

"Because I believe it's true."

"How do you know that what you believe is true?"

"I don't, but I have complete faith that it is true."

"Well, I have complete faith that it is NOT true."

"You'll be sorry."

"Is that a threat?"

"NO ... it's a promise."

And so it goes and goes and goes.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237631 Oct 9, 2012
The dalai lama seems to believe that he is "heavy with knowledge." How popular would he be if he stated that he was "dumb?"
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

You are called the 'living Buddha'...?

The term 'living Buddha' is a translation of the Chinese word 'ho fu'. In Tibetan, the operative word is 'lama' which means 'guru'. A guru is someone who is not necessarily a Buddha but is heavy with knowledge.

http://www.lifepositive.com/spirit/world-reli...

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237632 Oct 9, 2012
Wherever you find religious "teachers" ... you will find words such as "knowledge," "wise," "enlightened," "holy," "saved," etc.

Those words are comparable to "charm" bracelets.

I suggest that if they added the word arrogance to the milieu, they would at least be honest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ACLU sues to allow gay club in Indiana school 3 min Hypocrite on ster... 81
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 8 min Lawrence Wolf 5,213
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 14 min barry 3,083
Day After Christmas NE Jade Thread 1 hr Gordon 9
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Reverend Alan 6,107
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 1 hr Tre H 26,922
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 51,291
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 1 hr Newton 68,593
More from around the web