Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 217509 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239763 Oct 25, 2012
Is it religious karma that sets the stage for mental illness ... or punishment because of sin from a judgemental god ... or did something go badly wrong with the function of the brain?

When mental illness occurs, my guess is, it is simply that the brain-cells have malfunctioned.
Jumper

Morgantown, KY

#239764 Oct 25, 2012
'Cherp cherp cherp cherp riddup!'

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239765 Oct 25, 2012
From the book compiled by Larousse … World Mythology

The Insular Celts: Great Britain and Ireland

Even the most seemingly Christian element in Arthurian legend, the mystic quest of the Holy Grail, has its source in Celtic mythology. Originally it was a magic cauldron of which all the gods were envious, and they tried to steal it from one another.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239766 Oct 25, 2012
Jumper wrote:
'Cherp cherp cherp cherp riddup!'
Indigestion???

:)

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239767 Oct 25, 2012

Germanic Lands: The Mortal Gods

Certain objects belonging to prehistoric times that have been found on Germanic territory definitely testify to the existence of religious practices.
Jumper

Morgantown, KY

#239768 Oct 25, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Indigestion???
gas

Since: Oct 12

Fuzhou, China

#239769 Oct 25, 2012
Most bikes use a chain drive. Derailleurs move the chain between different front [url=http://www.shop-yishunbik e.com/wheels/mtb-wheelsets]mou ntain bike wheel[/url]and rear gears to change the gear ratio of the bike.
The chain is exposed to dirt and water, which can damage it and hurt efficiency. The gears can get bent, the chain can jump off and oil from the gears can get on your pants.
A road bike hub transmission, by contrast, has no exposed parts. It requires little maintenance, doesn't damage pants and isn't affect by the weather.

The bicycle pedals are attached to a small gear. That gearysbike01 meshes with a gear attached to a driveshaft, which transfers power to the rear bicycle wheels.
When the pedals are turned, they transfer power directly to a sealed gearbox sitting on the rear hub. This gearbox contains a device called a planetary gear system, which changes the gear ratio and powers the rear wheels.

The planetary system has three layers of gears.[url=http://www.shop-yis hunbike.com/rims/full-carbon-t ubular-rims]carbon road bike rim[/url]At the center is the "sun" gear, which is driven directly by the drive shaft.
Around the sun are "planets."Finally, around the planets is the "annulus"--a ring-shaped gear attached to the hub of the bicycle. The hub transmits power to the planets,[url=http://www.shop-y ishunbike.com]yishun bike shop[/url]which transmit that power onto the annulus, which turns the wheel. When the rider shifts gears, the gear box slides in planets with more or less teeth.
By changing the planets, the gearbox can increase pedal speed for difficult uphill biking or decrease the speed for high-speed cruising.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239770 Oct 26, 2012
Ancient myth-creators wrote of human giants.

Some devout religious-believers of today are certain that human giants once roamed the earth. Yet no skeletons of giants have ever been found, and my guess is none ever will be found.

Myths are simple to create, and once believed, it is almost impossible to convince those that cling to the myths as fact that the myths were probably created simply from fantasy.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

The creation of the world and the gods

The race of giants was directly descended from Ymir, because it arose from the sweat of his body: as he was resting two living creatures, a man and a woman, took shape in the moisture beneath his left arm-pit; at that time his joined feet gave birth to a son.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239771 Oct 26, 2012
laishenkong wrote:
Most bikes use a chain drive. Derailleurs move the chain between different front [url=http://www.shop-yishunbik e.com/wheels/mtb-wheelsets]mou ntain bike wheel[/url]and rear gears to change the gear ratio of the bike.
The chain is exposed to dirt and water, which can damage it and hurt efficiency. The gears can get bent, the chain can jump off and oil from the gears can get on your pants.
A road bike hub transmission, by contrast, has no exposed parts. It requires little maintenance, doesn't damage pants and isn't affect by the weather.
The bicycle pedals are attached to a small gear. That gearysbike01 meshes with a gear attached to a driveshaft, which transfers power to the rear bicycle wheels.
When the pedals are turned, they transfer power directly to a sealed gearbox sitting on the rear hub. This gearbox contains a device called a planetary gear system, which changes the gear ratio and powers the rear wheels.
The planetary system has three layers of gears.[url=http://www.shop-yis hunbike.com/rims/full-carbon-t ubular-rims]carbon road bike rim[/url]At the center is the "sun" gear, which is driven directly by the drive shaft.
Around the sun are "planets."Finally, around the planets is the "annulus"--a ring-shaped gear attached to the hub of the bicycle. The hub transmits power to the planets,[url=http://www.shop-y ishunbike.com]yishun bike shop[/url]which transmit that power onto the annulus, which turns the wheel. When the rider shifts gears, the gear box slides in planets with more or less teeth.
By changing the planets, the gearbox can increase pedal speed for difficult uphill biking or decrease the speed for high-speed cruising.
Another myth-maker???

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239772 Oct 26, 2012
After much morphing by the myth-makers, the Christians gave their own "slants" on the issues, and Noah and his wife became the "then" NEW fairy-tale of the "ages."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

The creation of the world and the gods

The sons of Bor attacked the giant Ymir and killed him. From his body gushed a huge river of blood which filled what remained of the original gulf. All the giant’s descendants perished in this sea of blood, except for one of his sons, who escaped death by clinging to a fragile boat with his wife. This couple begat a new generation, and so the race of giants survived the disaster.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239773 Oct 26, 2012
The Native-Indians were insulted that the Christians only placed value on their own myths ... and who could blame them?

No doubt, to the Native Indians, the Christian-myths were ridiculous ... but at least the Natives were polite.

The Christians were anything BUT polite, as they referred to Native myths as evil works of the devil.

Religion is NOT good!

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239774 Oct 26, 2012
As a small child, watching the old western movies, my heroes were the cowboys that always killed the nasty mean Indians. Those cowboys were "larger than life" in my mind, as they were my saviors, protecting me from the "evil" committed by the Indians.

However, it didn't take me long to realize that the white man had written the stories to serve their own agendas.

If myths are not questioned, believers will never want to go beyond the myths to see the fallacies that LIE in plain view.

It no doubt is comforting to believe that a mythical rescue is going to occur ... but trusting in stupidity creates animosity among believers on earth, and that is NOT good.

No doubt the cowboys and indians all believed they were right in their fight, but I was the one that took sides in the issue, and made heroes out of the cowboys.

How child-like of me!

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239775 Oct 26, 2012
if you are Wiccan but work with Norse Deities, you may feel more drawn to the idea of Asgard rather than the Summerlands

http://www.paranormal-nyc.com/pagan.html
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

The home of the gods

Once the world was created and organized, the labours of the gods began. It is not easy to determine who these gods were exactly. Although Scandinavian authors definitely state Odin, the first of them, was the son of Bor, from the point at which he embarked on his eventful career he was portrayed in the company of other gods who seemed to emerge from nowhere and joined him initially to help him build the celestial abode, which was given the name of Asgard.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239776 Oct 26, 2012
So now I understand that "some" Wiccans believe in Asgard ... the equivalent of Christian heaven, Muslim paradise, Jewish Olam Haba, etc.

Whatever fancy names religious believers use, they all believe in a place of ultimate "bliss" for themselves in the hereafter.

Pagans that believe themselves "worthy of more" would not believe they were destined to go to bile where the god of hell resides.

It's common sense that believers mentally clear their paths of debris!

After all ... who wants to "trip" over debris??? Pun intended.

And "YES" Bitner, I have mentioned Wicca. It might be special to you and well worth defending ... but as are all cults, your cult is fair game for me to criticize as being just more foolishness ... as from my perspective, is ALL religion.

And if you answer this post, you will give yourself away as having been following my posts.

What a conundrum ... HUH Bitner???

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239777 Oct 26, 2012
Worthy souls ... HUH???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

The realm of the Gods is called Asgard, and worthy souls go there after death.

http://www.paranormal-nyc.com/pagan.html

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239778 Oct 26, 2012
I forgot to include "worthy" along with all the "catch"-phrases of religious-cults, such as holy, wise, knowledge-able, chosen, saved, etc., etc., etc.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239779 Oct 26, 2012
Those that wrote of religious myths, were authors of mystery "novels."

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239780 Oct 26, 2012
By coming to America and capturing the Christians as slaves, the black people wouldn't have had any written dogmas on which to "account" for the "brilliant" idea that a god ordained the slavery.

The Christians (all white at that time) had their bibles on which to reLIE. They DID tell the story that "god" ordained the slavery, and they convinced other that what they preached was absolute truth.

Those Christians were slick operators ... but they weren't using truth as their advocate. They were using their bibles.

Now many black ministers in Africa and elsewhere are using the same bibles to preach that "god" ordains the vilifying of homosexuality.

My guess is, they know not what they do.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239781 Oct 26, 2012
Yesterday I watched the movie "The Help." I had just finishing reading the book, when the movie appeared on television.

I recommend both, as they are eye-openers to what some black women endured as they needed their jobs as "maids" in the homes of the white women. To be fair some women of the Christian "faith" were kind in comparison to some that were horrors in god-drag.

The white women and men who started to stand up for the blacks were indeed brave and put being fair ahead of their own safety.

Mississippi was the worst state of all for racial prejudice, and my guess is, the same current of hate thrives, as the ku klux klan members and those who believe the same to this day use their bibles to preach that a god ordains slavery.

As they are too busy "using" their bibles ... I doubt that they would read the book, or watch the movie, "The Help."

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239782 Oct 26, 2012
From the book "Narrative of the life of Frederick Douglass," An American ex-slave, written by himself, comes the following.

A great many times have we poor creatures been nearly perishing with hunger, when food in abundance lay mouldering in the safe and smoke-house, and our pious mistress and her husband would kneel every morning and pray that God would bless them in basket and store."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Texas court hearing case to limit gay marriage ... 4 min Rainbow Kid 2
News Trump's victory has unleashed a wave of same-se... 8 min Rainbow Kid 9
Woo Hoo 9 min Bro 2
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 15 min Charles 23,997
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 1 hr Rainbow Kid 300
News 'Will & Grace' returning to TV 1 hr Rainbow Kid 7
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr tbird19482 44,066
More from around the web