Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 219863 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Ink

Bensalem, PA

#236084 Sep 17, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I myself am pro-life, nothing to do with any religious beliefs. What bothers me are catholics who line up in front of hospitals with placards denouncing abortions, but NOT ONE! of these catholics ever goes into a hospital asking to adopt the child being aborted.
What is their real message?......
That's not true. Did you do any research on the subject? There are thousands of families waiting to adopt children through Catholic Charities and thousands who have already adopted. Did you know that because Catholic Charities believes that children should idealy be in a home with a stable mother and father, that gay groups have forced them out of this service in MA and are working on other states? What is their message?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#236085 Sep 17, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you opt out of God too?
I am an agostic. I always leave my options open.

Here is a question. If you believe God comprises of three persons, father, son and holy spirit, and all are equal persons in God, why is it that God the father makes all the deciscions for the other two, if they are all equal?

What was the purpose for God before mankind evolved? Before the universe formed? What would be the purpose for the trinity when there was nothing but vast nothingness?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#236086 Sep 17, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not true. Did you do any research on the subject? There are thousands of families waiting to adopt children through Catholic Charities and thousands who have already adopted. Did you know that because Catholic Charities believes that children should idealy be in a home with a stable mother and father, that gay groups have forced them out of this service in MA and are working on other states? What is their message?
I agree there are agencies of all religious stripes and groups of no religion that have agencies for adoption. My point is, marching in front of a hospital is not going to change anyone's mind of what they intend to do.

Ink

Bensalem, PA

#236087 Sep 17, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree there are agencies of all religious stripes and groups of no religion that have agencies for adoption. My point is, marching in front of a hospital is not going to change anyone's mind of what they intend to do.
I thought your point was to say they don't do anything to help women and girls in need.

That's not true either. Women have changed their minds and gave birth instead of killing them.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#236088 Sep 17, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I am an agostic. I always leave my options open.
Here is a question. If you believe God comprises of three persons, father, son and holy spirit, and all are equal persons in God, why is it that God the father makes all the deciscions for the other two, if they are all equal?
What was the purpose for God before mankind evolved? Before the universe formed? What would be the purpose for the trinity when there was nothing but vast nothingness?
That doesn't leave your options open.

Who says He does? I believe that Jesus and the Holy Spirit are forms of one God to be used for His purposes. Jesus was God in human form [visible] and the Holy Spirit is a form of inspiration or enlightenment.

I don't have a good answer as to why God exists but the universe has been evolving for billions of years and who know if there were other universes before ours.

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236089 Sep 17, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem June is if you are a believer in Jesus Christ and you believe the bible contains the inspired words of God, no matter how silly a story in the bible sounds christians begrudgingly believe it because if they didn't where would the fiction stop and where would the truth begin?
I just wish people used their own personal ability and knowledge to determine whether something is plausable or not, not just because mom and dad said so because their mom and dad said so all the way back in time.
I agree, but those such as Ink don't think beyond the promise of their own salvation. It's all they need!

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236090 Sep 17, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You have me confused with someone else. I have always said that you can't unring the bell. Making abortion illegal would be an enforcement nightmare. Some women will always want to kill their unborn babies.
Are you stating that you want to keep abortion legal in law, even though you believe that women kill their babies and that that goes against your "god's" will???

Who do you think you are fooling??? You are a robotic "god"-pleaser if there ever was one.

I'm quite sure it was you that wanted and still wants to make abortion illegal in law.

You degrade women as murderers when you state that they kill their babies.

Idiot!

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236091 Sep 17, 2012
Many women don't believe that in the first months of gestation, the fetuses have any awareness, and they make sure to have the abortions at these early stages to prevent what they believe would be any suffering of the fetuses, and for their own health benefits.

Whether that is, or is not true, I have no way of knowing ... but it's what many women believe. And if they believe it, they are in no way guilty of murder, no matter how finger-pointers yearn to make them capable of such intentions.

When I was in religion, I also was certain that what was in the wombs of women was of a god and therefore sacred and that abortion was the cutting off of sacred beings and was murder. But even though I was in that mindset, I was fully aware that other women didn't believe as I believed and I fully supported their right to choice, and always wanted abortion clinics to stay open.

And for that, I am thankful. At least I wasn't a "complete" religious idiot.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236092 Sep 17, 2012
I now wish to apologize for stating back then to women that from my perception abortion was murder of sacred little beings.

I didn't know any better ... but I assure you, that will not occur again, as religion has no more hold over me ... NONE!!!
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#236093 Sep 17, 2012
Why is it when you see these abortion protests that most of the women holding up the signs saying "Our bodies are our own" don't look like they've layed in 20 years?

-A Jumper thought.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236094 Sep 17, 2012
Whether it's a Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Atheist, or Agnostic fetus ... I don't perceive it has any link to a deity.

No amount of imaginings can prove that to be a fact.

If the fetus of a monkey is of less or no value to a deity ... then the deity is as much of a low-life as are the believers IN the deity.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#236095 Sep 17, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, but those such as Ink don't think beyond the promise of their own salvation. It's all they need!
You are not very good at discerning what people are all about. You don't know me. You don't know what I think about and what I do and you sure don't know what I need or don't need.

All I see from you is bitterness, anger and negativity and you try to spread it around. Well, you have no takers here.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#236096 Sep 17, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you stating that you want to keep abortion legal in law, even though you believe that women kill their babies and that that goes against your "god's" will???
Who do you think you are fooling??? You are a robotic "god"-pleaser if there ever was one.
I'm quite sure it was you that wanted and still wants to make abortion illegal in law.
You degrade women as murderers when you state that they kill their babies.
Idiot!
I'm saying again it wouldn't be enforcable, so why make it illegal?

People do a lot of stuff that I believe is against God's will but that isn't my problem. I have enough work taking care of my own life.

Women who kill their own unborn babies degrade themselves. Killing unborn babies is the purpose of abortion, isn't it?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#236097 Sep 17, 2012
Jumper wrote:
Why is it when you see these abortion protests that most of the women holding up the signs saying "Our bodies are our own" don't look like they've layed in 20 years?
-A Jumper thought.
That's the aging feminists still trying to have some relevance.

I think there is going to be a big change in the thinking of those who are teens now.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236098 Sep 17, 2012
Jumper wrote:
-A Jumper thought.
Maybe they haven't been layed in twenty years ... but before that, they had twenty kids biting at their ankles and that is why they appear as worn-out unappealing shells.

Maybe you'll be born as a woman in a polygamist sect in your next life and learn a few lessons about the whys of these issues.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236099 Sep 17, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think there is going to be a big change in the thinking of those who are teens now.
Is THAT in the bible???

:)

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236100 Sep 17, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm saying again it wouldn't be enforcable, so why make it illegal?
People do a lot of stuff that I believe is against God's will but that isn't my problem. I have enough work taking care of my own life.
Women who kill their own unborn babies degrade themselves. Killing unborn babies is the purpose of abortion, isn't it?
If you could ... would you abortion illegal???

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236101 Sep 17, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not very good at discerning what people are all about. You don't know me.
I know what you post about what you believe.

If I was homosexual, or a woman determined to have an abortion, I would no more go to you for advise than I would to the pope.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236102 Sep 17, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
All I see from you is bitterness, anger and negativity and you try to spread it around. Well, you have no takers here.
Is it bitterness that makes me want homosexuals treated as equals?

Is it bitterness that makes me want women to have their own choices honored concerning abortion?

Is it bitterness that makes me want people to escape religious cults that subject followers to ignorant dogmas in the pretence that the leaders speak on behalf of gods?

I think not!
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#236103 Sep 17, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you post about what you believe.
If I was homosexual, or a woman determined to have an abortion, I would no more go to you for advise than I would to the pope.
You would be better to go to Rachael Maddow. She could advise you on both issues.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News ACLU-TN Lawsuit Supports Students' Right to Fre... 18 min cpeter1313 19
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 29 min Rose_NoHo 30,721
News Cruz embraces supporters on fringe of GOP 32 min serfs up 56
News New research says sex education ignores gay and... 44 min WasteWater 1,191
Choose not to be gay 1 hr Jonah1 379
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 68,620
News Gay rights advocates sue over arrest at silent ... 2 hr SirAndrew 2
More from around the web