Cantankerous Bill O'Reilly Gets Into ...

Cantankerous Bill O'Reilly Gets Into Shouting Match Over Marriage Rulings

There are 18 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Jul 2, 2013, titled Cantankerous Bill O'Reilly Gets Into Shouting Match Over Marriage Rulings. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

FOX News host Bill O'Reilly got into a shouting match with two guests over the SCOTUS marriage rulings. He claims he just wants the states to decide

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

Fabulous Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#1 Jul 2, 2013
Dear Crybaby Bill: The Supreme Court hasn't morphed
Its the evangelical cockroaches who have morphed into a political organization; namely the Republican Party

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#2 Jul 2, 2013
When ever I see the words "Bill Reilly gets in a shouting match with..." I think, "THIS IS NEWS?"

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#3 Jul 2, 2013
Okay, irony meters all broke on this. The ruling of the SCOTUS means exactly what he claims to want.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#4 Jul 3, 2013
DNF wrote:
When ever I see the words "Bill Reilly gets in a shouting match with..." I think, "THIS IS NEWS?"
Did you ever hear the sound from when he didn't realize his mic was live and he went OFF, screaming in a frenzy, I thought he might stroke out. I LIKE it when he loses control. I know someday they will find him sprawled over his anchor desk, holding his chest over his dead heart.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#5 Jul 3, 2013
Bill really knows how to spin. His favorite tools for doing so are:

Historian's fallacy – occurs when one assumes that decision makers of the past viewed events from the same perspective and having the same information as those subsequently analyzing the decision.

Equivocation – the misleading use of a term with more than one meaning (by glossing over which meaning is intended at a particular time).

Plurium Interrogationum – presupposing something that has not been proven or accepted by all the people involved. This fallacy is often used rhetorically, so that the question limits direct replies to those that serve the questioner's agenda.

False attribution – an advocate appeals to an irrelevant, unqualified, unidentified, biased or fabricated source in support of an argument.

Psychologist's fallacy – an observer presupposes the objectivity of his own perspective when analyzing a behavioral event.

Hedging- using words with ambiguous meanings, then changing the meaning of them later.

False Authority-(single authority)- using an expert of dubious credentials and/or using only one opinion to sell a product or idea.

Cherry picking (suppressed evidence, incomplete evidence)– act of pointing at individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position.

Straw man – an argument based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.

Definist fallacy – involves the confusion between two notions by defining one in terms of the other.

He used every one of the above in the video.
tiqueboy

Grand Rapids, MI

#7 Jul 3, 2013
Lets talk citizens united

Palm Springs, California

#8 Jul 3, 2013
The Troll Stopper wrote:
Bill O'Reilly is smarter than all you Queers put together. Just saying.
He's OK. He taught English for a while, which was my major, so he just went up a bit in my estimation. He is basically a good showman and has profited finely for it. I didn't realize he was a classmate at Boston U of Howard Stern. He knew of Howard for Howard was the only student taller than he was. Funny the two of them have gone SO far due to obnoxious public antics.

A good friend of mine in LA is a radio guy. He has met Rush Limbaugh many times in person and said he is CHARMING in his day to day life, charming and funny. He too is a good showman and readily admits it.

Good for them. I wish I could dream up a persona like theirs and rake in the moola.

Since: Apr 08

Rockwood, Canada

#9 Jul 3, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>He's OK. He taught English for a while, which was my major, so he just went up a bit in my estimation. He is basically a good showman and has profited finely for it. I didn't realize he was a classmate at Boston U of Howard Stern. He knew of Howard for Howard was the only student taller than he was. Funny the two of them have gone SO far due to obnoxious public antics.
A good friend of mine in LA is a radio guy. He has met Rush Limbaugh many times in person and said he is CHARMING in his day to day life, charming and funny. He too is a good showman and readily admits it.
Good for them. I wish I could dream up a persona like theirs and rake in the moola.
I have no problem with showmen being showmen, and making a living at it. I do have a serious problem with showmen whose whole shtick is encouraging hate and disrespect for others and encouraging hate to be enshrined in law.

Palm Springs, California

#10 Jul 3, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with showmen being showmen, and making a living at it. I do have a serious problem with showmen whose whole shtick is encouraging hate and disrespect for others and encouraging hate to be enshrined in law.
You're correct. Freedom of speech is not freedom of hate spreading. I have read that some of these guys' fans are so rabid and unstable that they take their act seriously and may have caused some mayhem.

I have been around long enough and have NEVER seen such angry times as now. There are a lot of folks who think that the woods are full of dangers, and they are the main targets.

It was like La Belle Palin and her cross hairs targets, Gabby Gifford being one of those targets. Did that cause it? Probably not, but who knows?

Would it be wise to hand a loaded pistol to a toddler and let him run free with it? These rancorous carnival barkers are doing the same thing with their fiery broadcasts aimed at unstable conspiracy believers.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#11 Jul 3, 2013
Bill sez: "If... they had said...that gay marriage is a constitutional rightt, then I would've said alright, they're interpreting the Constitition that way."

Sure, Bill. Sure you would've. And then you would've rushed right out to read a primer on how the tides work.

Location hidden

#12 Jul 3, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>He's OK. He taught English for a while, which was my major, so he just went up a bit in my estimation. He is basically a good showman and has profited finely for it. I didn't realize he was a classmate at Boston U of Howard Stern. He knew of Howard for Howard was the only student taller than he was. Funny the two of them have gone SO far due to obnoxious public antics.
And polarize a nation to do it?
JayD

Fair Lawn, NJ

#13 Jul 3, 2013
DNF wrote:
I don't know why gay reporters even mention his name. The only people who watch his show are senior citizens who agree with him. In a few years he'll run out of listeners.

Palm Springs, California

#14 Jul 4, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
And polarize a nation to do it?
Nope, if I fired myself up like that every night, forcing myself to be on the verge of hysteria constantly, I would probably have a stroke.

I'll stick to my paintings. Quiet and calming.

Location hidden

#15 Jul 4, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, if I fired myself up like that every night, forcing myself to be on the verge of hysteria constantly, I would probably have a stroke.
I'll stick to my paintings. Quiet and calming.
A clown a day?

Palm Springs, California

#16 Jul 4, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
A clown a day?
Oh, golly no. A clown a day, that sounds like some sort of torture. I HATE clowns!

Location hidden

#17 Jul 4, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, golly no. A clown a day, that sounds like some sort of torture. I HATE clowns!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Skelton#Clow...

Palm Springs, California

#18 Jul 5, 2013
snyper wrote:
Boo, unfair, I LOVED Red Skelton. That biography, however,was highly depressing! What a terrible sad life he led. I guess that makes for a good comedian, however.

I used to see his clown paintings at Del Amo Mall in Torrance, Calif. I thought them hoaky, but wish I had bought one now. They were actually kind of reasonable and would be a nice souvenir today.

Location hidden

#20 Jul 5, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Boo, unfair, I LOVED Red Skelton. That biography, however,was highly depressing! What a terrible sad life he led. I guess that makes for a good comedian, however.
I used to see his clown paintings at Del Amo Mall in Torrance, Calif. I thought them hoaky, but wish I had bought one now. They were actually kind of reasonable and would be a nice souvenir today.
He painted one a day almost to the day he died.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 10 min Sham 2,822
News Denver puts Chick-fil-A bid on back burner 15 min Belle Sexton 13
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 21 min Belle Sexton 34,809
News Clerk ordered to issue same-sex marriage licenses 21 min FlatbushSam 6
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 23 min Zorri 7,177
News Few gay, bisexual teen males being tested for HIV 30 min Belle Sexton 5
News Court: Baker who refused gay wedding cake can't... 48 min DaveinMass 977
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 1 hr YouDidntBuildThat 160
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr too lazy to log in 25,586
News Duke freshman says Jesus forbids him from readi... 4 hr Wondering 43
More from around the web