Bruce Kraus Elected As Pittsburgh's F...

Bruce Kraus Elected As Pittsburgh's First Openly Gay City Council President

There are 11 comments on the Towleroad story from Jan 6, 2014, titled Bruce Kraus Elected As Pittsburgh's First Openly Gay City Council President. In it, Towleroad reports that:

Kraus has served on the council since 2008, when he became the first openly LGBTQ member to be elected.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Towleroad.

Mike Anthony

Mckees Rocks, PA

#1 Jan 7, 2014
oh great, fruitcakes running the city. we're really in trouble!!

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#3 Jan 7, 2014
What does sexual orientation have to do with job performance?

Remember, obsession signals desire.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#4 Jan 8, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
What does sexual orientation have to do with job performance?
Remember, obsession signals desire.
Simple logic is a language these idiots will never understand.

“Clinton is a Liar, Period!”

Since: Jan 07

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Jan 8, 2014
All will be just dandy. There will be a rainbow, style and o prettiness will prevail. The new order will be met with parades and finery. Violence will cease and peace will prevail.

Milk and honey with white wine has come to formerly gritty Pittsburgh. Taxes will decline, assessments lowered, streets repaired, many more entertainment venues and peace among the children.

May we all live in the glow of the happiness which will descend on the residents of Pittsburgh.

Now, if we could only keep those terrible suburbanite leeches out. It would be Eden for sure. Again, not to worry, Billy's boss, Sweat Shop Fitz, will take care of that nasty old county problem..

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#6 Jan 8, 2014
Old Cynic wrote:
All will be just dandy. There will be a rainbow, style and o prettiness will prevail. The new order will be met with parades and finery. Violence will cease and peace will prevail.
Milk and honey with white wine has come to formerly gritty Pittsburgh. Taxes will decline, assessments lowered, streets repaired, many more entertainment venues and peace among the children.
May we all live in the glow of the happiness which will descend on the residents of Pittsburgh.
Now, if we could only keep those terrible suburbanite leeches out. It would be Eden for sure. Again, not to worry, Billy's boss, Sweat Shop Fitz, will take care of that nasty old county problem..
There's a difference between gritty and gross. Pittsburgh could use a little queer eye.
Old Cynic Sux

Braddock, PA

#8 Jan 8, 2014
True; closeted Republican politicians sacrifice their creative sides on the altar of conservatism. No imagination in the GOP!

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#9 Jan 8, 2014
Old Cynic Sux wrote:
True; closeted Republican politicians sacrifice their creative sides on the altar of conservatism. No imagination in the GOP!
I don't know. Death panels were creative. I wouldn't have thought of it. Then again, I didn't see Logan's Run, which is right up there with Lethal Weapon and Rambo in the tea bagger's top ten greatest movies of all time. They also have good imaginations when it comes to guns - the imaginary black helicopters and their bizarre fantasies of protecting their trailers in a shootout with intruders were always pretty impressive. And only a Republican could ever come up with the word "strategery."
Old Cynic Sux

Braddock, PA

#10 Jan 10, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. Death panels were creative. I wouldn't have thought of it. Then again, I didn't see Logan's Run, which is right up there with Lethal Weapon and Rambo in the tea bagger's top ten greatest movies of all time. They also have good imaginations when it comes to guns - the imaginary black helicopters and their bizarre fantasies of protecting their trailers in a shootout with intruders were always pretty impressive. And only a Republican could ever come up with the word "strategery."
I'll agree that the rantings of crazy people may be creative in a pure sense of the word, but those who would seek to govern must temper that "creativity" with a practicality essential to successful action in the real world.

“Clinton is a Liar, Period!”

Since: Jan 07

Pittsburgh, PA

#11 Jan 10, 2014
Old Cynic Sux wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll agree that the rantings of crazy people may be creative in a pure sense of the word, but those who would seek to govern must temper that "creativity" with a practicality essential to successful action in the real world.
You have just described, better than I could, Obamacare.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#12 Jan 10, 2014
Old Cynic Sux wrote:
<quoted text>
Practicality and rational thought and reason are all synonymous with things tea baggers don't understand.

BENGHAZI!!!
Old Cynic Sux

Braddock, PA

#13 Jan 10, 2014
Old Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
You have just described, better than I could, Obamacare.
Wow! "Better than you could!" That's setting bar pretty dang low, troll-boy! Pitifully low!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man Beat 2 Transgender Women Who Tried to Enter... 4 hr Truth 25
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 5 hr Truth 25,202
News First openly gay Texas A&M student president ho... 5 hr Truth 2
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 6 hr Truth 46,217
News Americans oppose bathroom laws limiting transge... 6 hr YouDidntBuildThat 229
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 7 hr June VanDerMark 13,251
News Malaysia Clears Release of 'Beauty and the Beas... 8 hr NE Jade 11
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 11 hr pearl 5,376
More from around the web