Bruce Kraus Elected As Pittsburgh's First Openly Gay City Council President

Jan 6, 2014 Full story: Towleroad 12

Kraus has served on the council since 2008, when he became the first openly LGBTQ member to be elected.

Full Story
Mike Anthony

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Jan 7, 2014
oh great, fruitcakes running the city. we're really in trouble!!
Wayne

Anonymous Proxy

#2 Jan 7, 2014
Mike Anthony wrote:
oh great, fruitcakes running the city. we're really in trouble!!
You can say that again. Every time one of these filthy perverts gets into a public office America goes further down the toilet.

“If you put your ear to this,”

Since: May 13

You can hear a conservative

#3 Jan 7, 2014
What does sexual orientation have to do with job performance?

Remember, obsession signals desire.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#4 Jan 8, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
What does sexual orientation have to do with job performance?
Remember, obsession signals desire.
Simple logic is a language these idiots will never understand.

“Obama is a Liar, Period!”

Since: Jan 07

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Jan 8, 2014
All will be just dandy. There will be a rainbow, style and o prettiness will prevail. The new order will be met with parades and finery. Violence will cease and peace will prevail.

Milk and honey with white wine has come to formerly gritty Pittsburgh. Taxes will decline, assessments lowered, streets repaired, many more entertainment venues and peace among the children.

May we all live in the glow of the happiness which will descend on the residents of Pittsburgh.

Now, if we could only keep those terrible suburbanite leeches out. It would be Eden for sure. Again, not to worry, Billy's boss, Sweat Shop Fitz, will take care of that nasty old county problem..

#6 Jan 8, 2014
Old Cynic wrote:
All will be just dandy. There will be a rainbow, style and o prettiness will prevail. The new order will be met with parades and finery. Violence will cease and peace will prevail.
Milk and honey with white wine has come to formerly gritty Pittsburgh. Taxes will decline, assessments lowered, streets repaired, many more entertainment venues and peace among the children.
May we all live in the glow of the happiness which will descend on the residents of Pittsburgh.
Now, if we could only keep those terrible suburbanite leeches out. It would be Eden for sure. Again, not to worry, Billy's boss, Sweat Shop Fitz, will take care of that nasty old county problem..
There's a difference between gritty and gross. Pittsburgh could use a little queer eye.
Old Cynic Sux

Pittsburgh, PA

#8 Jan 8, 2014
True; closeted Republican politicians sacrifice their creative sides on the altar of conservatism. No imagination in the GOP!

#9 Jan 8, 2014
Old Cynic Sux wrote:
True; closeted Republican politicians sacrifice their creative sides on the altar of conservatism. No imagination in the GOP!
I don't know. Death panels were creative. I wouldn't have thought of it. Then again, I didn't see Logan's Run, which is right up there with Lethal Weapon and Rambo in the tea bagger's top ten greatest movies of all time. They also have good imaginations when it comes to guns - the imaginary black helicopters and their bizarre fantasies of protecting their trailers in a shootout with intruders were always pretty impressive. And only a Republican could ever come up with the word "strategery."
Old Cynic Sux

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 Jan 10, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. Death panels were creative. I wouldn't have thought of it. Then again, I didn't see Logan's Run, which is right up there with Lethal Weapon and Rambo in the tea bagger's top ten greatest movies of all time. They also have good imaginations when it comes to guns - the imaginary black helicopters and their bizarre fantasies of protecting their trailers in a shootout with intruders were always pretty impressive. And only a Republican could ever come up with the word "strategery."
I'll agree that the rantings of crazy people may be creative in a pure sense of the word, but those who would seek to govern must temper that "creativity" with a practicality essential to successful action in the real world.

“Obama is a Liar, Period!”

Since: Jan 07

Pittsburgh, PA

#11 Jan 10, 2014
Old Cynic Sux wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll agree that the rantings of crazy people may be creative in a pure sense of the word, but those who would seek to govern must temper that "creativity" with a practicality essential to successful action in the real world.
You have just described, better than I could, Obamacare.

#12 Jan 10, 2014
Old Cynic Sux wrote:
<quoted text>
Practicality and rational thought and reason are all synonymous with things tea baggers don't understand.

BENGHAZI!!!
Old Cynic Sux

Pittsburgh, PA

#13 Jan 10, 2014
Old Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
You have just described, better than I could, Obamacare.
Wow! "Better than you could!" That's setting bar pretty dang low, troll-boy! Pitifully low!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pastors opposed to gay marriage swear off all c... 28 min Rick in Kansas 85
Taco Bell Responds To 'Leaked' Gay Commercial 31 min RalphB 8
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 34 min chris toal 27,200
Gay marriage dynamic in U.S. shifted dramatical... 57 min WeTheSheeple 1
Alaska's 1st known gay marriage in Arctic town 1 hr KiMare 50
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 1 hr WeTheSheeple 5,388
Adebisi Alimi: Gay Nigerian Actor Puts His Sexu... 2 hr sarahomo 4
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr Brian_G 6,180
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 3 hr KiMare 3,166
Supreme Court Has 'Tipped Its Hand' In Favor Of... 15 hr WasteWater 54