Supreme Court clears ban on gay conversion therapy

Jun 30, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Fresno Bee

The justices turned aside a legal challenge brought by supporters of so-called conversion or reparative therapy.

Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Jul 1, 2014
Here Kitty Kitty

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2014

Judged:

This is HUGE!
Now we can throw all those pesky snarling evangelical fundamentalist 'ex-gay' career criminal quacks into the dungeon
Feed 'em to the lions!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2014

Judged:

Rutherford wrote:
Why is the Supreme Court against people trying to help queers overcome their mental illness?
We're not mentally ill
You are ;o)

“Some people are gay - get over”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2014

Judged:

Rutherford wrote:
Why is the Supreme Court against people trying to help queers overcome their mental illness?
Because the Supreme Court, like every reputable Medical and Psychological professional organization around the world, understands that being gay is not a mental illness.

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2014

Judged:

Rutherford wrote:
Psychiatrists don't have time to waste on such quackery when their plates are already overflowing with genuine mental illnesses like yours.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2014

Judged:

Rutherford wrote:
Dumb homophobe, the psychiatrists say that homosexuality is not a mental illness. It NEVER HAS or NEVER WILL be a mental illness. You cannot change a person's sexual orientation. Get the picture?
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2014

Judged:

Rutherford wrote:
<quoted text>
Only psychiatrists in America and Western Europe where they're forced to lie. In countries like Russia and the African nations where they are allowed to speak the truth, they say homosexuality is a mental disorder.
Tell yourself whatever fits your anti-gay hatred. And feel free to move to Russia or Africa....the less bigots in America, the better.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2014

Judged:

GoldenGator wrote:
<quoted text>
Psychiatrists don't have time to waste on such quackery when their plates are already overflowing with genuine mental illnesses like yours.
Bingo!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2014

Judged:

Rutherford wrote:
<quoted text>
Only psychiatrists in America and Western Europe where they're forced to lie. In countries like Russia and the African nations where they are allowed to speak the truth, they say homosexuality is a mental disorder.
Move there. They need more stupid people I'm sure.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2014

Judged:

Gremlin wrote:
<quoted text>Tell yourself whatever fits your anti-gay hatred. And feel free to move to Russia or Africa....the less bigots in America, the better.
Exactly.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2014

Judged:

Rutherford wrote:
Prove it. Become gay for a day. You might like it. Remember, he who falls last falls the hardest.

Since: Jul 09

Indy/Philly/Toronto

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2014

Judged:

Between the Ads by Zinc clogging my browser and all the loser lurkers here, I'll just say - Have fun with this nonsense.
Bye.
Jumper Founder of H A G

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2014

This is a small step for gays fighting for equal rights to be neurotic like normal people.
H.A.G. applauds this ruling.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2014

Judged:

mark in Toronto wrote:
Between the Ads by Zinc clogging my browser and all the loser lurkers here, I'll just say - Have fun with this nonsense.
Bye.
Are those new video ads messin up the page for you too ?

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2014

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Are those new video ads messin up the page for you too ?
Is here. TOPIX has waaay to many bs ads. I can hit renew page and read the last post before all the ads and bs loads. Should be someway to stop that bs.

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2014

Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>Is here. TOPIX has waaay to many bs ads. I can hit renew page and read the last post before all the ads and bs loads. Should be someway to stop that bs.
I have 5 pc's (too many if anybody wants to buy one or two of them), and on one of my pc;s, for reasons I have never been able to determine, NO ADS SHOW UP on the topix site when using that pc on here. Don't know why. They just don't. But everything else shows up on it and it works fine.

But the new video ads on this site make the page bounce around a lot (I use chrome on this site).

(And it's sposed to hit 110 degrees here today and tomorrw. LOL :()

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2014

Judged:

Rutherford wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, right.

The psychiatrists and psychologists who work in countries with high levels of education and freedom are "forced to lie", while those workings in countries with poor education and strong-arm governments are "allowed to speak the truth".

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2014

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I have 5 pc's (too many if anybody wants to buy one or two of them), and on one of my pc;s, for reasons I have never been able to determine, NO ADS SHOW UP on the topix site when using that pc on here. Don't know why. They just don't. But everything else shows up on it and it works fine.
But the new video ads on this site make the page bounce around a lot (I use chrome on this site).
(And it's sposed to hit 110 degrees here today and tomorrw. LOL :()
110 is not bad esp. when there is little or no humidity! I'd take it.

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2014

Judged:

Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>110 is not bad esp. when there is little or no humidity! I'd take it.
It's bad, believe me. I'm a Long Islander and not used to having the temp hit 100 degrees everyday by 10 am.

On the other hand, my sister lives in Florida and the may have a hurricane this week. In 2011, she moved from New York to Florida and wanted me to come with her, but hurricanes is precisely one of the reasons that I didn't want to move to Florida, and chose to move to southern Arizona instead. Nothing ever happens here weather-wise (although we had a 5.9 magnitude earthquake here Saturday nite.)

But we' re in a drought, and although we had 8 inches of rain here last year, we haven't has even a single drop of rain here since December.:( And I'm surrounded by farmland out here in the desert.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••