The Desperate, Outnumbered Neo-Confederacy Continues Its Fantasy of Rising Again

Jan 6, 2013 Full story: pamshouseblend.firedoglake.com 56

There is an interesting piece up at Salon by Andrew O'Hehir, " Welcome to the new Civil War ," where he discusses the neo-Confederacy elements in our culture that are trying to turn back the clock on women, gays, God and guns, drawing parallels to the Lincoln administration .

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
david traversa

Tucuman, Argentina

#1 Jan 6, 2013
Higher education is badly needed everywhere, not only in the USA.. This would take people's minds off their neighbor's skin color, nationality and bedroom habits and concentrate them on things that really matter. After all those tens of thousands of years it's taken nature to develop our brains they are miserably wasted on trivia, to the detriment of ourselves and those that will follow us.. Ignorance is the mother of all evils..
Chance

Grove City, PA

#2 Jan 6, 2013
This article starts out with "We’ve just emerged from a presidential campaign that exposed how hardened our political and cultural divide has become, and how poorly the two sides understand each other." And then it goes on to prove that the left clearly doesn't understand the right, even as the author is blah-blah-blahing on and on about what they think they understand about the right. The author is wrong. Nonsense like this just goes to show the leftists are very ignorant or they are purposely writing b.s. to throw off other leftists.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#3 Jan 6, 2013
Chance wrote:
This article starts out with "We’ve just emerged from a presidential campaign that exposed how hardened our political and cultural divide has become, and how poorly the two sides understand each other." And then it goes on to prove that the left clearly doesn't understand the right, even as the author is blah-blah-blahing on and on about what they think they understand about the right. The author is wrong. Nonsense like this just goes to show the leftists are very ignorant or they are purposely writing b.s. to throw off other leftists.
You really should do some research to see just how bad your Right-winged conservative idiots want to go to STEAL back the White House and other areas that they no longer understand and can't control!!!
Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Jan 6, 2013
The red states would be a third world country without the blue states supporting them financially.
Say No To Buggery

Pittsfield, MA

#5 Jan 6, 2013
david traversa wrote:
Higher education is badly needed everywhere, not only in the USA.. This would take people's minds off their neighbor's skin color, nationality and bedroom habits and concentrate them on things that really matter. After all those tens of thousands of years it's taken nature to develop our brains they are miserably wasted on trivia, to the detriment of ourselves and those that will follow us.. Ignorance is the mother of all evils..
Higher education and Zionists is exactly what got us into this moral, ethical, physical, spiritual, and financial nightmare ya old goat.
Say No To Buggery

Pittsfield, MA

#6 Jan 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
The red states would be a third world country without the blue states supporting them financially.
RU fluckin kiddin me? What on earth are you freakin smoking? The state of Texas is a mostly red state and has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the nation you fool! CA and NY, both blue and jew, both very broke! Care to reconsider that stupid A$$ remark there boi?

“ TRUTH : NOT EXPEDIENCE”

Since: Nov 07

town near Jax, Fl

#7 Jan 6, 2013
You should see all the Confederate flags around Florida. They usually stand for racist.

“ TRUTH : NOT EXPEDIENCE”

Since: Nov 07

town near Jax, Fl

#8 Jan 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
The red states would be a third world country without the blue states supporting them financially.
At least the Southern ones anyway.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#9 Jan 6, 2013
Say No To Buggery wrote:
<quoted text>
Higher education and Zionists is exactly what got us into this moral, ethical, physical, spiritual, and financial nightmare ya old goat.
LOL!
.
Are you having nightmares; sugar?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#10 Jan 6, 2013
Let's just hope that we don't get the likes of a President Johnson in 2016.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#11 Jan 6, 2013
snyper wrote:
Let's just hope that we don't get the likes of a President Johnson in 2016.
It's gonna be Clinton/Rice........oh, that's right......they're on different parties.......lol!!!1
cjrian

Denver, CO

#12 Jan 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
The red states would be a third world country without the blue states supporting them financially.
Blue States are being subsidized by Red every time exorbitant State and Local taxes are deducted on 1040's
Amercan People

Oklahoma City, OK

#13 Jan 6, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>You really should do some research to see just how bad your Right-winged conservative idiots want to go to STEAL back the White House and other areas that they no longer understand and can't control!!!
Since it was STOLEN in the first place. It has to be stolen back.
http://mobile.wnd.com/2012/11/the-big-list-of...

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#14 Jan 7, 2013
Amercan People wrote:
<quoted text>
Since it was STOLEN in the first place. It has to be stolen back.
http://mobile.wnd.com/2012/11/the-big-list-of...
Sorry, but anything from World Nut Daily is garbage and biased as hell......good luck in 2016......the Republicans probably won't win then either!!!
George Mason

Oklahoma City, OK

#15 Jan 7, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, but anything from World Nut Daily is garbage and biased as hell......good luck in 2016......the Republicans probably won't win then either!!!
With Obama winning 100-158% of some precincts this time. I doubt when he runs for a 3rd term in 2016 he'll lose.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#16 Jan 7, 2013
George Mason wrote:
<quoted text>
With Obama winning 100-158% of some precincts this time. I doubt when he runs for a 3rd term in 2016 he'll lose.
Unless there has been some change to how many times a person can be reelected to the Presidency that I'm unaware of.......a person can only serve 2 terms, which is 8 years. These limits were put into effect to make sure that we didn't have another issue like this Country had under FDR, not that FDR wasn't a great President, but when folks stay to long in office.......we don't have changes come in and we need that!!!

I'm hoping for a Clinton/Rice ticket in 2016......now, if Rice would just change parties.......lol!!!
George Mason

Oklahoma City, OK

#17 Jan 7, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>Unless there has been some change to how many times a person can be reelected to the Presidency that I'm unaware of.......a person can only serve 2 terms, which is 8 years. These limits were put into effect to make sure that we didn't have another issue like this Country had under FDR, not that FDR wasn't a great President, but when folks stay to long in office.......we don't have changes come in and we need that!!!

I'm hoping for a Clinton/Rice ticket in 2016......now, if Rice would just change parties.......lol!!!
He's already trying for a 3rd. Let's see another fixed election.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#18 Jan 7, 2013
George Mason wrote:
<quoted text>
He's already trying for a 3rd. Let's see another fixed election.
Really, when? How was this election fixed? or are you just upset that even though the Republicans tried to make sure Romney won......President Obama got reelected anyways?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#19 Jan 7, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
It's gonna be Clinton/Rice........oh, that's right......they're on different parties.......lol!!!1
I don't think that Hilary has much left to give. She really did beat herself all to hell as one of the most stunningly effective Secretaries of State I've seen in my lifetime.

Rice? Not a chance.

Picture a Bachmann/Palin ticket though (and try to keep your lunch down).

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#20 Jan 7, 2013
Or Coulter/Bachmann with Palin as SecState. I mean, she can deal with Putin by yelling out of her kitchen window.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 2 min Wondering 584
The Erasure of 'Gay' From Black History & the B... 5 min Mervin 74
O Happy Day 8 min Mervin 6
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 9 min Frankie Rizzo 3,048
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 13 min SobieskiSavedEurope 1,958
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 29 min Frankie Rizzo 1,408
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 39 min Jonah1 50,597
Christian Pastors Given Choice: Perform Same-Se... 50 min Erwingoodwin 98
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 3,748
Gay kiss couple 'thrown off bus' 5 hr Lickalotta Lulu 27

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE