Some gay-rights foes claim they now are bullied

Jun 11, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Contra Costa Times

In this Wednesday, Dec. 2, 2009 file picture, New York state Sen. Ruben Diaz, D-Bronx, right, speaks during a debate over same-sex marriage in the New York state Senate at the Capitol in Albany, N.Y. Diaz complained in May 2011 that he's received death threats because he opposes legislation to legalize same-sex marriage.

Comments (Page 597)

Showing posts 11,921 - 11,940 of12,324
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Lawnmaster

Oceanside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Bernard Continelli wrote:
I'd like to stage a series of public demonstrations where BOTH the Holy Bible AND the Quran are BURNED!
This will likely set off a series of national RIOTS whereupon (1) Lotsa fundamantalist Christians and devout Muslims will KILL EACH OTHER(the funsie part!) and (2) The government will put pressure on the U.S. Supreme Court next year to declare DOMA unconstitutional and advocates of same-sex marriage will get what they want AND we won't have to hear about this bulls*it anymore.
I don't know why the militant gays didn't think of this strategy from day one instead of parading around in speedos with lispy vocals and limp wrists, or perhaps the closet lesbian who before she comes out looks no more androgynous than, say, Rachel Maddow, but upon coming out feels the "obligation" to shave her head and get mega-tattoos.
I don't respect extreme flamboyance in ANY "liberation" movement that's looked down upon and trying to go 'legit'. Generic "Booker T. Washington-ism" applies to them EVEN MORE than it did to early Blacks. I feel the same way about the marijuana legalization movement too. Pot legalization rallies could do without those who over-bash all "synthetic" medicines - even longtime proven ones with no bad side effects - or the kind of Jainist freaktoids with their smug vegan attitudes.
Again, they're both trying for mainstream acceptance, but ultimately ruining it for fellow comrades who are basically normal in other regards.
You need to visit Iran or Afghanistan to do it. Make sure you have a will. You will be on world news I will be proud of you. Do me a favor an the take the great pendejo with you.
Lawnmaster

Oceanside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

The great pendejo's admission he posts gay information made my holiday season. I was hoping he would come around and finally show a sign for his love for men and be nice. He will not have to travel other states if he decides to get married. Texas should allow gay marriages.
shang guan rui en

Hangzhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

You grow up among gangs and violence, you're liable to become a violent gang member. You grow up among abusive parents, you're liable to become an abusive parent yourself. You graduate from a university in a gay state, your credentials are liable to lose their worth (take Penn. State, for instance). You grow up among gays, you're liable to be molested, become a gaymo and die from GAIDS. You get the gist of it.
What

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

shang guan rui en wrote:
You grow up among gangs and violence, you're liable to become a violent gang member. You grow up among abusive parents, you're liable to become an abusive parent yourself. You graduate from a university in a gay state, your credentials are liable to lose their worth (take Penn. State, for instance). You grow up among gays, you're liable to be molested, become a gaymo and die from GAIDS. You get the gist of it.
That explains your homosexuality. Thanks gaylord.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

“Research over several decades has demonstrated that sexual orientation ranges along a continuum, from exclusive attraction to the other sex to exclusive attraction to the same sex. Despite the persistence of stereotypes that portray lesbian, gay, and bisexual people as disturbed, several decades of research and clinical experience have led all mainstream medical and mental health organizations in this country to conclude that these orientations represent normal forms of human experience. Lesbian, gay, and bisexual relationships are normal forms of human bonding.”(American Psychological Association)

Again, "all mainstream medical and mental health organizations" agree.
Lemon Lipstick

Westfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

A homosexual hating someone? Say it aint so!
They are out to destroy the Boy Scouts and the only reason Gaydays@Disney is because it is run by the subversive decadent yew.
Gaydays@disney? Unfreaking believable.
HenriettaOmally

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

shang guan rui en wrote:
Will you shut the f**k up about your "credentials". You've been blather about those for a year, now.

China is a sh*tty country filled with cold, uncaring people living sterile, unfulfilled lives. You deserve to live in that sh*tpile of a country.

You write like a retarded monkey, that's why nobody takes your "credentials" seriously. Go work for Foxnet building iPhones in that turdpile you call China....and shut the f**k up!
HenriettaOmally

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

I've been to China...it's smoking turd of a country.

The people are cold and rude. The country has not one ounce of soul... It's art is gaudy and unsophisticated.. it's theater is a joke.

Oh, and "Traditional Chinese Medicine"... holy sh*t! It's the biggest bunch of hocus-pocus and bu11s*t you've ever seen.

They will eat literally anything in China! Seriously, their markets are the nastiest f**king places on earth. I once saw a guy on a bike scoop up a dead dog from the street and put it over his shoulder...I assume it was going be his dinner.

Another thing, the Chinese have no regard for animal rights...they are the cruelest mother**kers on the planet.

I could sh*t a better country than China.
Arboghast

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Their women give great happy-endings, though!
Arboghast

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

I've got new for you, Charlie Chan...no American company is going to hire you with that pigeon-English that you speak.

You no likey gay man...we muchly understand this.

You go to school America and no get job? Maybe you no speaky Engrish goodly enough. You try get job Burger King...serve French fry to Americans.

Okey dokey, Joe?
Arboghast

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Lemon Lipstick wrote:
A homosexual hating someone? Say it aint so!
They are out to destroy the Boy Scouts and the only reason Gaydays@Disney is because it is run by the subversive decadent yew.
Gaydays@disney? Unfreaking believable.
Homosexuals are "out to destroy the Boy Scouts?"

I think there's a hole in your tinfoil hat.
Arboghast

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Lawnmaster wrote:
The great pendejo's admission he posts gay information made my holiday season. I was hoping he would come around and finally show a sign for his love for men and be nice. He will not have to travel other states if he decides to get married. Texas should allow gay marriages.
That "made your holiday season"?

Wow...you have a sh*tty life.
Arboghast

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Lawnmaster wrote:
it is my hope the great pendejo is not bullied for loving men. His posts reek of desperation or extreme wanting to be accept as gay. Everyone has a right to gay. For some reason I suspect the great pendejo comes from generations of gay men. In spirit of the holiday be gentle with the guy and allow him to express his love for men.
It is my hope that you'll quit referencing "the great pandejo",because none of us know what you're talking about.
Bernard Continelli

Rensselaer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Not Yet Equal wrote:
“Research over several decades has demonstrated that sexual orientation ranges along a continuum, from exclusive attraction to the other sex to exclusive attraction to the same sex. Despite the persistence of stereotypes that portray lesbian, gay, and bisexual people as disturbed, several decades of research and clinical experience have led all mainstream medical and mental health organizations in this country to conclude that these orientations represent normal forms of human experience. Lesbian, gay, and bisexual relationships are normal forms of human bonding.”(American Psychological Association)
HEAR HEAR! The topic shouldn't even be a "Left-wing / PC" versus "Right-wing / Reactionary" controversy - the Religious Right turned the GOP in that direction starting in the very-late 1970s. Even though same-sex marriage wasn't an issue during the post-Nixon, pre-Carter, Ford Administration, it didn't make a big deal out of the status-quo gay rights movement of the day.

Nor should the cry for legalized marijuana - which also briefly had some GOP sympathies in the middle 1970s. The "Oral Moronity" is indirectly responsible for the lingering bullshit of the Culture Wars not to mention many of the folks that became cocaine and crack dependent in the 80s and 90s when pot temporarily went back to the 1930s "Reefer Madness" 'bad boy' image instead of staying the more mainstream image it started acquiring in the 70s.
bongo

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

The great pendejo is a mythical gay character that runs the forum pages of El Paso. He goes by many monikers. His primary is Petro. Many long and lengthy crazy gay topics on his forum.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Fear of the unknown is a powerful tool, used by those who want to maintain otherwise scientifically unsupportable prejudices and social control of others.

No religious groups are required to recognize marriage equality or even accept gay people in their congregations. They can discriminate any way they choose, and they do.

This first amendment principal has been upheld by the courts and is so old, it is settled law. Yet some of the states that have passed equality, have restated that principal in the law and made it clear no religious group has to perform same sex marriages. Recently, a church in the south refused to allow a black couple who were members of their congregation to get married in their own church. No legal problem. No law was violated.

But religious groups that do recognize marriage equality are restricted from practicing their religious beliefs as they see fit, by laws that restrict marriage equality. No religious groups are harmed acceptance of equality, but only by denial of equality.
Truthmaster

Oceanside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Why won't people that are gay admit it? I believe that people that are homophobic and call everyone gay are refusing to accept they are gay. In this day and age who cares?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Bernard Continelli wrote:
<quoted text>
HEAR HEAR! The topic shouldn't even be a "Left-wing / PC" versus "Right-wing / Reactionary" controversy - the Religious Right turned the GOP in that direction starting in the very-late 1970s. Even though same-sex marriage wasn't an issue during the post-Nixon, pre-Carter, Ford Administration, it didn't make a big deal out of the status-quo gay rights movement of the day.
Nor should the cry for legalized marijuana - which also briefly had some GOP sympathies in the middle 1970s. The "Oral Moronity" is indirectly responsible for the lingering bullshit of the Culture Wars not to mention many of the folks that became cocaine and crack dependent in the 80s and 90s when pot temporarily went back to the 1930s "Reefer Madness" 'bad boy' image instead of staying the more mainstream image it started acquiring in the 70s.
Which brings us to the question,

Why does a butch lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian?

Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Not Yet Equal wrote:
Which brings us to the question,

Why does a butch lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian?

Smile.
Bernard Continelli

Rensselaer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Believe it or not KiMare I (generically) kind-of AGREE with you, and would extend that statement to flamboyantly-effeminate males too, "professional" drag queen excepted of course when performing.

I believe if homosexuality has a 'primal chord' it would be - and for both sexes, not just Lesbians -'Classic Platonic love' and nothing more. Everything else is not 'inherent' but rather the result of the general culture of 'cosmopolitan bohemianism', whether we're talking outrageous sissy-boy demeanors in men OR the kind of Lesbian whom - before she came out had a demeanor no more androgynous than, say, Rachel Maddow, but since coming out now feels the "obligation" to shave her head and look like an overly-tattooed 'Dyke-on-Bike'.

The same could be said for the (sub)culture of rampant gay male promiscuity which exploded in the late 70s as well (SAME time that the Oral Mor... er, Moral Majority subverted the GOP ... hmmmm!). In antiquity gay (usually BI!) men limited their homosexual encounters to specific males in genuine relationships that weren't "just about sex", although their STRAIGHT sides generally went in that direction (e.g. an off-duty Roman centurian might patronize a female prostitute, but any same-sex activity on his part was relationship-oriented ... the 'bathhouses' were for getting oneself clean in an era before modern plumbing, and NOT for gay orgies!).

To sum it up: Homosexuals and Lesbians are indeed 'born that way', but they're NOT born to extremely "externalize" their androgyny ... that's 'cosmopolitanism' in action and therefore NOT the best route for them to take if they DON'T live in the chicest parts of the country.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 11,921 - 11,940 of12,324
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••