Some gay-rights foes claim they now a...

Some gay-rights foes claim they now are bullied

There are 12365 comments on the Contra Costa Times story from Jun 11, 2011, titled Some gay-rights foes claim they now are bullied. In it, Contra Costa Times reports that:

In this Wednesday, Dec. 2, 2009 file picture, New York state Sen. Ruben Diaz, D-Bronx, right, speaks during a debate over same-sex marriage in the New York state Senate at the Capitol in Albany, N.Y. Diaz complained in May 2011 that he's received death threats because he opposes legislation to legalize same-sex marriage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Contra Costa Times.

Anne Ominous

Berkshire, NY

#12666 Dec 6, 2012
PeenerTrajectory wrote:
Did everyone notice that when I began talking about closet cases, all of the "straight" dudes on the thread got really, really quiet?
They were laughing too hard to type.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Equal Treatment

Toronto, Canada

#12667 Dec 7, 2012
Anne Ominous wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize that you don't care how you achieve your selfish goals with no regard for the vast majority of Americans who think differently. Then you whine about "hate".
<quoted text>
I refer you back to the very first page of this thread. Post #13.
Simply not true! According to all the latest national polls people are split down the middle 50/50 as to how they feel about marriage equality! I know how about we take a look at the states of Maryland,Washington and Maine? More than proves your false statement of "Vast majority" to be just that,false! Not to mention that for the last 20 years about 2% a year change from against to for equality! Isn't it about time for you to crawl up on that great crap heap of history with the rest of your kind right where you belong! To bad that pesky Constitution keeps getting in the way of your bigotry and hate huh? Please tell us,how many states had marriage equality just 10 years ago? How many states have it now? I take great pride in knowing that you are on the losing side of history! Oh and read the 14th amendment and at least make an attempt to learn something! I am a straight 62 year old male,so none of this "you're gay" crap! LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#12668 Dec 7, 2012
uradouche wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, sorry... I was reading your post and I dozed off.
Then woke up and responded the best you are capable of.

Smirk.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#12669 Dec 7, 2012
Anne Ominous wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is forcing you to come here and read them, are they?
:)
Thanks!

I don't doubt that she can't understand my posts, being blonde, but they still have validity in annoying an idiot.

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#12670 Dec 7, 2012
Equal Treatment wrote:
<quoted text>
Simply not true! According to all the latest national polls people are split down the middle 50/50 as to how they feel about marriage equality! I know how about we take a look at the states of Maryland,Washington and Maine? More than proves your false statement of "Vast majority" to be just that,false! Not to mention that for the last 20 years about 2% a year change from against to for equality! Isn't it about time for you to crawl up on that great crap heap of history with the rest of your kind right where you belong! To bad that pesky Constitution keeps getting in the way of your bigotry and hate huh? Please tell us,how many states had marriage equality just 10 years ago? How many states have it now? I take great pride in knowing that you are on the losing side of history! Oh and read the 14th amendment and at least make an attempt to learn something! I am a straight 62 year old male,so none of this "you're gay" crap! LOL
History is hardly determined by 10 years or 50.

Here is some history. In 8000 years of recorded human history, not one single time has gay 'marriage' arose, survived and spread.

Not one single time.

Hardly the 'losing side of history'.

Bazinga!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Equal Treatment

Toronto, Canada

#12671 Dec 7, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
History is hardly determined by 10 years or 50.
Here is some history. In 8000 years of recorded human history, not one single time has gay 'marriage' arose, survived and spread.
Not one single time.
Hardly the 'losing side of history'.
Bazinga!
Well Mr. Bazinga,were not talking about the past! The facts are that marriage equality is coming to America and the rest of the modern Western world and will be here until we are once again ashes to ashes and dust to dust! More states every year,now freak as I told you before how about you go and fuque yourself as I hear that's entirely possible with you! LoL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#12672 Dec 7, 2012
Equal Treatment wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Mr. Bazinga,were not talking about the past! The facts are that marriage equality is coming to America and the rest of the modern Western world and will be here until we are once again ashes to ashes and dust to dust! More states every year,now freak as I told you before how about you go and fuque yourself as I hear that's entirely possible with you! LoL
You descend further into ad homoan attacks....

You brought up history, so we WERE talking about the past!

The 'fact' is, every time homosexuality arose in a culture (Greece for an example), the culture quickly ended.

Hate is so unbecoming on you. Why does a just cause need that behavior?

Smirk.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
JoeSchmoe

Albany, NY

#12673 Dec 7, 2012
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Inter-racial marriage prohibitions applied to everyone, yet they were still discriminatory. Same sex prohibitions, while applying to everyone, are still discriminatory. For discrimination to be legal, the government must demonstrate a compelling and legitimate governmental interest provided by that discrimination. There is no such interest for prohibiting same sex marriage, just as there was no legitimate governmental interest in prohibiting inter-racial marriages.
The "informed consent" argument was in relation to marrying your donkey. It can never meet that standard, even if it can meet the age requirement.
But those denied a marriage license due to age, are not forever denied. It is simply postponed. They can still get married once they meet the age and informed consent requirements.
You provide no compelling legitimate governmental interest sufficient for denial of marriage equality.
"The Court finds that neither Congress' claimed legislative justifications nor any of the proposed reasons proffered by BLAG constitute bases rationally related to any of the alleged governmental interests. Further, after concluding that neither the law nor the record can sustain any of the interests suggested, the Court, having tried on its own, cannot conceive of any additional interests that DOMA might further.
Conclusion: DOMA, as it relates to Golinski's case, "violates her right to equal protection of the law under the Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution" ( Golinski.)
Sure.. here is governments interest:
Marriage is a public good. If you change the definition of marriage, you don’t just change it for the gay married couple down the street, you change it for everyone. If gay marriage is allowed,“then the state is essentially saying that my views on marriage, and the majority of Americans’ views on marriage, are equivalent to discrimination…It profoundly affects me if my children are taught in the schools that my views on marriage are bigoted. It profoundly affects me if the church that I’m part of is treated in the law as bigoted. And, ultimately, same-sex marriage is not true.”

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
JoeSchmoe

Albany, NY

#12674 Dec 7, 2012
Equal Treatment wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldsay the vast majority of American disagree. 33 States have and the VOTERS decide if gay marriage was OK, they all said NO.. Maine and Maryland also voted this year and they said OK. All other have LEGISLATIVELY inacted SSM without voter consent. Bigoty Hate? Hardly, you want us to change the laws that effect the common good. The Supreme Court isn't adressing the issue as they would then have to address all the issues (Prop 8 in Calif) just being one. Look at it again.. 66% of American Voters have said no when asked! 33 states have enacted laws at the Voters request and not of there own accord. California did it, but that wasn't good enough for a small group of people, so the MAJORITY spoke, and they too disagree with you

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#12675 Dec 7, 2012
JoeSchmoe wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldsay the vast majority of American disagree. 33 States have and the VOTERS decide if gay marriage was OK, they all said NO.. Maine and Maryland also voted this year and they said OK. All other have LEGISLATIVELY inacted SSM without voter consent. Bigoty Hate? Hardly, you want us to change the laws that effect the common good. The Supreme Court isn't adressing the issue as they would then have to address all the issues (Prop 8 in Calif) just being one. Look at it again.. 66% of American Voters have said no when asked! 33 states have enacted laws at the Voters request and not of there own accord. California did it, but that wasn't good enough for a small group of people, so the MAJORITY spoke, and they too disagree with you
Where in the constitution does it say equal fundamental rights may be denied based on the popular opinion of the majority?

The reason we have a constitution and bill of rights was to prevent the majority from restricting the equal rights of the minority.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

AOL

#12676 Dec 7, 2012
JoeSchmoe wrote:
<quoted text>Sure.. here is governments interest:
Marriage is a public good. If you change the definition of marriage, you don’t just change it for the gay married couple down the street, you change it for everyone. If gay marriage is allowed,“then the state is essentially saying that my views on marriage, and the majority of Americans’ views on marriage, are equivalent to discrimination…It profoundly affects me if my children are taught in the schools that my views on marriage are bigoted. It profoundly affects me if the church that I’m part of is treated in the law as bigoted. And, ultimately, same-sex marriage is not true.”
If marriage is a public good, it is good for all members of the public.

When your views require discrimination, they are discriminatory. While possible to promote discrimination without rising to the level of bigotry, your discriminatory views rely on irrational prejudice. If the gay couple down the street gets married, you and your feelings about your marriage are only affected in proportion to your degree of prejudice. There is no legal change in any of the laws that determine what your marriage is. The only change is in your own mind. Same sex marriage is a reality whether you choose to accept reality or not.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#12677 Dec 7, 2012
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
If marriage is a public good, it is good for all members of the public.
When your views require discrimination, they are discriminatory. While possible to promote discrimination without rising to the level of bigotry, your discriminatory views rely on irrational prejudice. If the gay couple down the street gets married, you and your feelings about your marriage are only affected in proportion to your degree of prejudice. There is no legal change in any of the laws that determine what your marriage is. The only change is in your own mind. Same sex marriage is a reality whether you choose to accept reality or not.
Marriage is a cultural constriction of mating behavior. Gay couples are disqualified. Does not even qualify for discrimination.

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

AOL

#12678 Dec 7, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is a cultural constriction of mating behavior. Gay couples are disqualified. Does not even qualify for discrimination.
Smile.
Again, your personal prejudice, not a reflection of the reality of law or human love and bonding.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#12679 Dec 7, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, your personal prejudice, not a reflection of the reality of law or human love and bonding.
Mating behavior supersedes law.

Love bears fruit through mating behavior. SS unions are totally desolate.

No prejudice, just the facts.

But keep trying.

Smirk.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Anne Ominous

Berkshire, NY

#12680 Dec 7, 2012
Equal Treatment wrote:
<quoted text>
Simply not true! According to all the latest national polls people are split down the middle 50/50 as to how they feel about marriage equality!
Tiny telephone surveys are statistically insignificant, let alone all the other problem with the survey process.
how about we take a look at the states of Maryland,Washington and Maine?
How about we look at the 32 states that have voted to preserve Traditional Marriage, most of them by landslide victories?
More than proves your false statement of "Vast majority" to be just that,false! Not to mention that for the last 20 years about 2% a year change from against to for equality!
ROTFLMAO!!!

To bad that pesky Constitution
Tenth Amendment dear
keeps getting in the way of your bigotry
morons with no argument scream "bigot"
and hate huh?
Waah

[QUOTE} Please tell us[/QUOTE]

Who's "us"? You got a mouse in your shirt pocket?? LOL
how many states had marriage equality just 10 years ago?
There is no such thing as "marriage equality". However, tell "us" how many States had amended their Constitutions to ban homosexual marriage ten years ago and how many have now, most recently North Carolina by a huge margin.
I take great pride in knowing that you are on the losing side of history!
I had no idea that I was that important to you. I would suggest that you need to get out more LOL
Oh and read the 14th amendment and at least make an attempt to learn something!
Read the Tenth Amendment.
I am a straight 62 year old male,so none of this "you're gay" crap! LOL
That's even worse.

The VAST majority of Americans support Traditional Marriage. Always have, always will.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Anne Ominous

Berkshire, NY

#12681 Dec 7, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You descend further into ad homoan attacks....
Lame ad hominem attacks. He claims to be a 62 year old straight male and he writes like a confused middle schooler.

Early onset dementia?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Anne Ominous

Berkshire, NY

#12682 Dec 7, 2012
JoeSchmoe wrote:
<quoted text>Sure.. here is governments interest:
How about what your children are exposed to in public school?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Anne Ominous

Berkshire, NY

#12683 Dec 7, 2012
JoeSchmoe wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldsay the vast majority of American disagree. 33 States have and the VOTERS decide if gay marriage was OK, they all said NO.. Maine and Maryland also voted this year and they said OK. All other have LEGISLATIVELY inacted SSM without voter consent. Bigoty Hate? Hardly, you want us to change the laws that effect the common good. The Supreme Court isn't adressing the issue as they would then have to address all the issues (Prop 8 in Calif) just being one. Look at it again.. 66% of American Voters have said no when asked! 33 states have enacted laws at the Voters request and not of there own accord. California did it, but that wasn't good enough for a small group of people, so the MAJORITY spoke, and they too disagree with you
This article explains the election losses well...

http://www.massresistance.org/docs/gen2/12d/s...

Fortunately these are all referendum states and we'll get the issue back on the ballot soon, better prepared.

Also let's not forget what happened to the scumbag Republicans that imposed homosexual marriage on New York. The people didn't have the opportunity to vote on the law, but they sure as hell had the opportunity to make their displeasure know in the recent election. Good luck finding new jobs, scumbags.

LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Anne Ominous

Berkshire, NY

#12684 Dec 7, 2012
Not Dne Babbling wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the constitution does it say equal fundamental rights may be denied based on the popular opinion of the majority?
The reason we have a constitution and bill of rights was to prevent the majority from restricting the equal rights of the minority.
We've been through this countless times already.

Marriage is NOT a civil right.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mother of Anne

Pompano Beach, FL

#12685 Dec 8, 2012
Anne Ominous wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been through this countless times already.
Marriage is NOT a civil right.
Now Anne, you know you and your lesbian lover have always told us it's your civil right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 16 min calvin 272
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 22 min NoMo 5,272
News Clerk to quit, cites 'moral conviction' 23 min Fa-Foxy 66
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 29 min assassin235 33,949
News Supreme Court ruling allows same-sex couples to... 32 min me show 7
What Anal Lube Does NE Jade Use? 41 min Gordon 2
News Gay marriage opponents propose 2 Colorado ballo... 48 min Fa-Foxy 6
News Governors vow to fight SCOTUS ruling on gay mar... 1 hr Fa-Foxy 697
News 'You can't have marriage equality without polyg... 2 hr INFIDEL 74
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 3 hr Novus Ordo Seclorum 506