Gay, Bisexual Black Men At High Risk For HIV

Jul 19, 2012 Full story: 10News 62

Only one in 500 Americans is a black gay or bisexual male, but black men who have sex with men account for one in four new HIV infections in the United States, according to a new report by the Black AIDS Institute.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
pual

Belfast, UK

#1 Jul 19, 2012
The virus was made to kill negros.
Jasper

Bruges, Belgium

#2 Jul 19, 2012
No it was made to kill queers period.
behemecoytal

Paterson, NJ

#3 Jul 19, 2012
The first HIV case ever reported was that of a white male.
White skin.is feminine and white males are gayest people around.
Rome Greece and Alexander the great were all extremely homosexual.

“Eyes Big as Child...:)”

Since: Apr 12

Mankato, MN

#4 Jul 19, 2012
behemecoytal wrote:
Duh, Alexander the so called Great was known as every woman's lover and every man's wife...:)
Crystal Clear

Jamaica, NY

#5 Jul 19, 2012
Why do you think they want to kill gay men. I heard that they want more gay males to destroy the black family. If that's the case why would they try to kill them?

It's not that I don't believe, it's just there is so many conspiracies about gay men. I want to know which conspiracy is the right one!

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#6 Jul 19, 2012
I'm white bisexual guy but my boyfriend is black and does not have aids.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#8 Jul 22, 2012
Anyone of any gender, skin color, age, or any other classification you care to imagine can become infected with HIV. Ignorance of this fact as well as ignorance of how it is spread is one of the reasons it continues to be spread.

Protect yourself by using safe sex practices including condoms for any sex that includes penetration. The responsibility to protect yourself is yours alone. Anyone who believes in a governmental conspiracy (as well as those who don't) can protect themselves by using risk reduction practices. The information is readily available. Educate yourself and put the education into practice, and you will be protected from HIV.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#9 Jul 22, 2012
behemecoytal wrote:
First case was a woman in France.

“Moumou Tangata ki te Po”

Since: Oct 11

Earth

#12 Jul 23, 2012
Not Yet Equal wrote:
Anyone of any gender, skin color, age, or any other classification you care to imagine can become infected with HIV.
well said :) and so true......

my aunty has it :( but, she's upbeat and involved in public education about it....breaking stereotypes and all....:)
Chelle

Toronto, Canada

#13 Jul 23, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
First case was a woman in France.
Omg, people do your research, the AIDS virus came from a sub-species African chimpanzee that was consumed for the sake of food by a troop of warriors during one of the great world wars. It was first contracted by a white male by ingesting the animal without having first cooked it entirely through. Secondly of all, this article is meant to encourage homophobia. The truth is according to studies the risk factors are as follows... Straight/bisexual women are most likely to contract the virus, second straight/bisexual men, third homosexual men, and lastly lesbian women are the least likely to contract the virus. In truth it is actually safer being gay, just saying. Also another reason why the numbers are the way they are is the countless infected straight people who don't know it and don't realize they are more likely to contract it then a homosexual individual. Please note the numbers one in four infected were men sleeping with men, that means that 3 of four infected were STRAIGHT! In fact they even eliminated the finger being pointed back by grouping gay and bisexual men together. And before you say a stupid comment throwing white people in there this study is based on the Black American public, therefore there are no white people in this study. Oh and as for the chimp, it's part of his DNA that reacts deadly in our bodies (as well as a few other species)

Location hidden

#14 Jul 23, 2012
Chelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Omg, people do your research, the AIDS virus came from a sub-species African chimpanzee that was consumed for the sake of food by a troop of warriors during one of the great world wars. It was first contracted by a white male by ingesting the animal without having first cooked it entirely through. Secondly of all, this article is meant to encourage homophobia. The truth is according to studies the risk factors are as follows... Straight/bisexual women are most likely to contract the virus, second straight/bisexual men, third homosexual men, and lastly lesbian women are the least likely to contract the virus. In truth it is actually safer being gay, just saying. Also another reason why the numbers are the way they are is the countless infected straight people who don't know it and don't realize they are more likely to contract it then a homosexual individual. Please note the numbers one in four infected were men sleeping with men, that means that 3 of four infected were STRAIGHT! In fact they even eliminated the finger being pointed back by grouping gay and bisexual men together. And before you say a stupid comment throwing white people in there this study is based on the Black American public, therefore there are no white people in this study. Oh and as for the chimp, it's part of his DNA that reacts deadly in our bodies (as well as a few other species)
Your first "chimp" info is speculation, not fact.

The first REPORTED case of immune collapse, WAS of a white woman in France. IT was that case specifically that induced the French researcher to study it's cause and led to his lab (not Gallo's) accurately identifying HIV as the cause.

Stored tissue studies show that HIV entered the human population in Africa DECADES earlier.

The monkey information is just a speculative scenario about the possible means of species jump. Simply eating chimp meat would not be a possible vector for transmission, even if it was uncooked. Blood or a bite from the animal would need to get into the human bloodstream. Unless the human had extremely bad dental hygiene (bleeding gums) and was swishing fresh uncooked chimp blood around in his mouth, transmission cannot occur by eating any part of an infected monkey.

Your DNA comment at the end is ... is ... I don't know exactly what it is, but it isn't accurate even in it's concept.

Location hidden

#15 Jul 23, 2012
Chelle wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, sweetie, we really don't need to do any "research" on this topic. I worked for years in Social Services with HIV+ people, among others, with Healthcare providers at all levels, with researchers and even the CDCP from time to time. I've attended professional conventions and symposia on the subject and, though I am long retired, I do keep a toe in the water so to speak.

I, and a good number of posters on these threads, have lived through the entire course of the plague and have lost friends, relatives and lovers to this bug. A handful are HIV+ themselves, and have been living with the infection for decades.

I can say with a high degree of certainty that, on the whole, we are far more invested in accurate information on HIV than someone who has just done some "research" ABOUT the topic.

I literally stopped counting back in the mid-'80s when the number of personal friends, associates and aquaintences who died from this disease passed 160. I have participated in making more than 60 Names Project quilt panels.

None of your accurate information is all that new, and your inaccurate info ... well ... we've heard that stuff (and far worse) before. lol

The proper focus for getting this plague under control is NOT along racial lines. The data points toward a need for aggressive outreach to that population which is young, undereducated, poor, and inner-city ... regardless of race or ethnicity.

But this is not news. This population has always been prone to epidemics.

**hugs**

“Breakin' lotta hearts out here”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#18 Jul 23, 2012
Everyone is gay and confused. Nobody is straight anymore, and that's pretty sad.
pual

Southampton, UK

#19 Jul 23, 2012
Classic_s wrote:
Everyone is gay and confused. Nobody is straight anymore, and that's pretty sad.
The Black Feminist movement drove black guys to be gays and dating white women.

“Breakin' lotta hearts out here”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#20 Jul 23, 2012
You can't "drive" a person to be gay, they're born that way.

I suppose you're gonna blame the Colorado massacre on the Black Feminist movement too.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#21 Jul 23, 2012
If whites created AIDS to kill off blacks then why do they give out medications and warnings to try and save these people.

Location hidden

#23 Jul 23, 2012
GhostRider600RR wrote:
<quoted text>
do they know that for sure? i thought it was just polite to say it came from eating it rather than fcking it, then fcking each other.
bm for their own sake need to start wrapping it up before poking each other in the buttholes though. and if not they definately need to be open about it and stay away from women.
Monkey hunting/handling is DANGEROUS. They bite.

btw, WE started the whole condom campaign back BEFORE Reagan wouldn't even say "HIV".

We've been pounding that message to everyone for 30+ years now, but the heteros refuse to think of HIV as anything but a "gay disease", and the Roman Catholic Church has been telling people that condoms are a sin. The results? Nations in Africa where 1 in 3 persons is infected.

The problem is not one of race or orientation. It's ignorance, denial, poverty, under-education, and disaffection among inner-city youth.

"MSM" does not mean "gay" or "bisexual". Those are orientations. MSM is a behavior that does not require gay or bisex orientation to occur.

The same population of poor of the inner-city are also prone to all manner of other disease as well.

Anyway, we've been saying it for 30 years. Somehow the next generation isn't getting the message, not grasping it, or just not believing it.

Did you see the movie "Precious", or seasons 1,3 and 4 of the series "The Wire"? Those are the groups that those numbers are really talking about. These shows depict primarily heteros, but there are also gay kids born into those circumstances, too.

We need large teams of people to go into these communities, grab these kids by their ears and do some serious yelling. At least. Because of the subculture in which they are a growing up, anything less will just be blown-off and ignored.

There really large numbers of this generation who are SO ill-educated, getting their info from the corner, that they really do not think that they can contract HIV from Suzie-the-rotten-crotch-junkie that they shared their squat, and some quick sex, with last night ... because she was a girl and "only had straight sex".

It's NOT about race or orientation.
holtzhog

Olive Branch, MS

#24 Jul 23, 2012
Another high stat to boot

“My hand is over my crotch.”

Since: Jan 10

It's time to put it to use

#25 Jul 23, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
I'm white bisexual guy but my boyfriend is black and does not have aids.
Two kisses from me to you.
hmmmmm

Hurricane, WV

#26 Jul 23, 2012
Oh!Lord! All of u need educated!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 30 min Pietro Armando 5,304
Religious freedom bill coming to Indiana 35 min WasteWater 11
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 38 min Frankie Rizzo 68,616
Eminem Gay? 'The Interview' Clip of the Rapper ... 40 min Steve Hates Queers 5
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 41 min WasteWater 26,979
Supreme Court Has 'Tipped Its Hand' In Favor Of... 43 min WasteWater 39
Ukip candidate: 'Gay donkey tried to rape my ho... 1 hr Belle Sexton 55
Prison Sex, Nude Selfies, Science, and Scandals... 1 hr Belle Sexton 2
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 2 hr Newt G s Next Wife 3,125
More from around the web