Rick Warren Describes Pain from 'Haters' After Death of Son

There are 149 comments on the Patch.com story from Apr 9, 2013, titled Rick Warren Describes Pain from 'Haters' After Death of Son. In it, Patch.com reports that:

Saddleback Church Pastor Rick Warren is in pain. Following the Friday suicide of his son Matthew , Warren has been targeted for personal attacks online.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#71 Apr 10, 2013
Little Blue Alien wrote:
Besides, since when am I or my children supposed to accept anything we detest that involves sexual discourse and disobedience. Since when should antone be making ANY decisions for my children without my consent. Especially by political sexually deranged lunatics. Why should any govt be involved with or trying to influence or persuade any childs sexuality in one form or another?
Disgusting
Nobody IS trying to influence ANY child sexuality.

What everyone is trying to do is teach tolerance for those who are different, so maybe childhood and adult bullying, mayhem and murder will stop.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#72 Apr 10, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a strict vegetaran because I believe that God does NOT want us to kill, nor eat, his magnificent creations. Humans kill out of greed and other malicsious reasons. Animals kill because that is how God designed them to exist. There is no greed, nor malice amongst them.
Uh ... not exactly.



http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Intwai D'Mela is a kitty of my own heart!!
Cleveland Kid

Alexandria, VA

#74 Apr 11, 2013
Pattysboi wrote:
fr Cleveland Kid:

>You have the same rights as we do. You queers just want special rights.<

We do not. We don't have the right to marry the legal, unattached, consenting adult of our choice. We don't have the right to work, live, go to school without the fear of being fired, evicted or expelled simply for being GLBT.

We simply want, AND DESERVE, full and EQUAL righs. Have a first-grader explain it to you in words that even YOU can understand.
You are lying about everything you just said. You have no worries when going to work school or anywhere else any more. You're so protected under the law, you have everyone afraid to say or do anything against you even when you deserve it because you cry discrimination. As far as the right to marry, you have the exact same rights as I do. No different. So quit crying equal when you mean SPECIAL RIGHTS.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#75 Apr 11, 2013
Cleveland Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
You are lying about everything you just said. You have no worries when going to work school or anywhere else any more. You're so protected under the law, you have everyone afraid to say or do anything against you even when you deserve it because you cry discrimination. As far as the right to marry, you have the exact same rights as I do. No different. So quit crying equal when you mean SPECIAL RIGHTS.
Nope, in 29 states you can be fired or denied housing just because you are gay or lesbian.

Until my marriage is treated that same as every other marriage by the federal govt and all other states, then I don't have the same rights & benefits.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#76 Apr 11, 2013
Cleveland Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
You are lying about everything you just said. You have no worries when going to work school or anywhere else any more. You're so protected under the law, you have everyone afraid to say or do anything against you even when you deserve it because you cry discrimination. As far as the right to marry, you have the exact same rights as I do. No different. So quit crying equal when you mean SPECIAL RIGHTS.
You are soooo CLUELESS. You are right, you're a kid. Read up and LEARN!

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

#77 Apr 11, 2013
Cleveland Kid--"You have no worries when going to work school or anywhere else any more."

Lie. There are MANY states in which it is still perfectly legal to fire someone solely for being gay, and harassment and bullying up to and including physical abuse is still a major problem for young gay people, and even where it's illegal the enforcement of these laws is sketchy at best.

"You're so protected under the law, you have everyone afraid to say or do anything against you even when you deserve it because you cry discrimination."

Lie. Discrimination is rampant, and the idea that nobody is criticizing gay people at all is too hysterical for words. There are hate groups spewing their poisonous trash on hundreds of radio stations nationwide. And it's a hate and discrimination NOBODY deserves.

"As far as the right to marry, you have the exact same rights as I do. No different."

A preposterous LIE and we all know it. You have the right to marry the person you love, they do NOT in most states. To claim it's "no different" is an intentional lie.

"So quit crying equal when you mean SPECIAL RIGHTS."

Lie. All ANYONE is asking is simple equality.

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

#78 Apr 11, 2013
Little Blue Alien wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called common sense and the understanding of what is right and what is wrong. Generally I figure and accept anal sex between a man and a woman to be dangerous, unnatural, and disgusting. Then I apply my common sense and conclude that it is even more disgusting, disturbing, unnatural, and dangerous between two men. All of which are backed by studies, statistics, and disease.
There are many things in life that "feel good" but are wrong, very very wrong.
Idiot!
Your bigotry is the finest example. You may think (falsely) it is common sense when, in fact, it is totally wrong.
There is nothing remotely "dangerous," or "unnatural", or "disgusting" about anal sex among straight or gay people. If you find it "disgusting" than don't do it. Your puritanism and bigotry isn't the stuff a decent society bases policy on.
Cleveland Kid

Alexandria, VA

#79 Apr 11, 2013
Cat Purrs wrote:
<quoted text>Here, eat&#12288;some cat turds and shut up buttlips.
Funny how you single me out but not the cun+ that was talking about this kid committing suicide. Guess what? Fk You
Cleveland Kid

Alexandria, VA

#81 Apr 11, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, in 29 states you can be fired or denied housing just because you are gay or lesbian.

Until my marriage is treated that same as every other marriage by the federal govt and all other states, then I don't have the same rights & benefits.
Hey stupid, I can't marry another guy either, see we have the same right.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#83 Apr 11, 2013
Cleveland Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey stupid, I can't marry another guy either, see we have the same right.
Actually you can marry another guy in 9 states, but that marriage won't be treated equally to all other marriages.

That's not equality.
Francisco dAnconia

Montpelier, VT

#84 Apr 11, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you can marry another guy in 9 states, but that marriage won't be treated equally to all other marriages.
What was you problem with Cu's again?

oh right they weren't treated equally...so you needed the name "marriage"
but wait you say your "marriages" aren't equal either?

whats your problem with CU's again?

Please do tell me how supporting Cu's is a hateful position again...that stuff is such a crack up...
Cleveland Kid

Alexandria, VA

#85 Apr 11, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>Actually you can marry another guy in 9 states, but that marriage won't be treated equally to all other marriages.

That's not equality.
It shouldn't, because it's not legal under federal law.
Cleveland Kid

Alexandria, VA

#86 Apr 11, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>Actually you can marry another guy in 9 states, but that marriage won't be treated equally to all other marriages.

That's not equality.
If I chose to marry another guy in those states, I'd have the same rights as you have. If you chose to marry a woman, you'd have the same rights as me. We both have the same rights whichever direction we go.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#87 Apr 11, 2013
Cleveland Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you single me out but not the cun+ that was talking about this kid committing suicide. Guess what? Fk You
It's better to just let THAT person's post lay there and stink. Why give it more e-column inches?. YOU presented ideas that need to be discussed.

See the difference?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#88 Apr 11, 2013
Francisco dAnconia wrote:
<quoted text>
What was you problem with Cu's again?
oh right they weren't treated equally...so you needed the name "marriage"
but wait you say your "marriages" aren't equal either?
whats your problem with CU's again?
Please do tell me how supporting Cu's is a hateful position again...that stuff is such a crack up...
Because civil unions provide EVEN LESS rights & benefits for same-sex couples than marriage does.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#89 Apr 11, 2013
Cleveland Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
It shouldn't, because it's not legal under federal law.
An unconstitutional law which the SCOTUS is in the process of overturning.

“and how does this effect you?”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#90 Apr 11, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a strict vegetaran because I believe that God does NOT want us to kill, nor eat, his magnificent creations. Humans kill out of greed and other malicsious reasons. Animals kill because that is how God designed them to exist. There is no greed, nor malice amongst them.
Why not? Didn't Jesus break apart five loaves and two fishes? Wasn't several apostles fisherman? Plus in the old testament didn't they sacrifice animals?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#91 Apr 11, 2013
Cleveland Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
If I chose to marry another guy in those states, I'd have the same rights as you have. If you chose to marry a woman, you'd have the same rights as me. We both have the same rights whichever direction we go.
That was the same argument used for inter-racial marriage bans.

We'd only have the same rights as each other, but not the same as all other married couples.

So no, it's not equal treatment.
Cleveland Kid

Alexandria, VA

#92 Apr 11, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>An unconstitutional law which the SCOTUS is in the process of overturning.
It's not overturned yet and even if they do, it doesn't mean it was unconstitutional. It just means you had the votes to change it. Just as if it wouldn't get overturned, you wouldn't say, well it must not be unconstitutional, it was upheld. Is that not correct?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#94 Apr 11, 2013
Cleveland Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not overturned yet and even if they do, it doesn't mean it was unconstitutional. It just means you had the votes to change it. Just as if it wouldn't get overturned, you wouldn't say, well it must not be unconstitutional, it was upheld. Is that not correct?
The SCOTUS decides what is constitutional and what isn't; that's the way our system works.

Of course they make mistakes like every other court, but those mistakes are eventually corrected.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama to 5-Year-Old Gay Marriage Advocate: 'Cou... 2 min NoahLovesU 43
News Republic of Ireland votes for equal marriage 8 min NorCal Native 73
News Ireland same-sex marriage 16 min Lawrence Wolf 101
News Obamaa s legacy is increasingly in legal jeopardy 20 min wild child 1
News Mayor Ballard named grand marshal of Pride parade 27 min Dr Doohickey 6
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 35 min NoahLovesU 59,889
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 40 min NorCal Native 5,610
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 1 hr NoahLovesU 33,185
News 60 Percent: Record Number Of Americans Support ... 3 hr Xstain Mullah Fra... 258
More from around the web