Pat Robertson: Lesbian Friends Will R...

Pat Robertson: Lesbian Friends Will Recruit Your Kids

There are 59 comments on the EDGE story from Dec 12, 2013, titled Pat Robertson: Lesbian Friends Will Recruit Your Kids. In it, EDGE reports that:

Televangelist Pat Robertson warned a viewer this week that inviting a lesbian friend to her home could cause her children to "grow up as lesbians."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#55 Dec 13, 2013
XX YY wrote:
'other persons physical characteristics as being attractive'
How is this "attraction" determined?
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#58 Dec 14, 2013
Pat Robertson is obviously senile.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#60 Dec 14, 2013
Gremlin wrote:
Pat Robertson is obviously senile.
He was born senile and spiritually dead.
Napoleon

United States

#61 Dec 14, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
How would "turn queer" anyway?
How is that done, precisely?
Some young boys turn gay after they've been molested by an older queer.

Location hidden

#62 Dec 14, 2013
Napoleon wrote:
<quoted text> Some young boys turn gay after they've been molested by an older queer.
BS
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#63 Dec 14, 2013
Josh in New Orleans wrote:
<quoted text>
1. One thing I must note, people who oppose sexual diversity
2. often focus on only one thing- the sex.
3. The point I am making here is that it is an over-simplification to say that people like us are the way we are only because of the sex.
4.I did not think about sex when I was a kid, but I did have a crush or two before and at the onset of puberty for the same reasons any other kid does- that whole, "Oh, he's so great!*sigh*"-thing.
1. Is that what you call homosexuality? Diversity? BWAHAHAHA.
2. HomoSEXUAL. HeteroSEXUAL. That's what defines you.
3. Your sexuality is defined by who turns you on. It's that simple.
4. Yup, gay.

You may be the same as anyone else when it comes to most things. The similarity ends with your same sex attraction.

Location hidden

#65 Dec 14, 2013
YAWN.... boring crapola.

Location hidden

#66 Dec 14, 2013
Pat Robertson is a babbling old fool.

Here is what the Bible says about such people.

Proverbs 26:11
Like a dog that returns to its vomit is a fool who reverts to his folly.

Since: Jan 08

Pattaya, Thailand

#71 Dec 14, 2013
XX YY wrote:
<quoted text>
Not entirely no, but mostly yes. But let's not kid ourselves what people do in a 'relationship'. They act out on their desires physically and no child should be forced to observe the teachings of certain acts in a public school against the parents will. In fact, other than biology I see no reason for any govt run school k through 12 to be 'influencing' or informing sexuality to students in any way. That's why we have parents. Amazing how those identifying as gay abrogated the ability to have a child by choice and yet have this Ashkenazi run govt force this issue upon parents, children, and expect the govt to provide them with a child. This govt is the devil.
I have never seen or heard of any sex education class in public schools "teach" anything about homosexual sexuality unless specifically asked by a student. The purpose of sex ed is to educate young people on learning about the consequences of sex, pregnancy, and how to avoid it, either by abstinence or artificial means (condoms, pills, etc.). Unless you want an explosion of teenage pregnancies and their cost (to that devil, the government, and ultimately YOU the taxpayer) you should support responsible sex education which can appropriately begin in elementary school. Sexual orientation is not taught or chosen, as you well know, but keep up the illusion if it helps you maintain your ignorant bigotry.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Sunburnt Country

#72 Dec 14, 2013
Boris wrote:
Mr. Robertson is a very wise man. This is why we don't allow homosexuals around our children.
Putin sucks a big one.

“True Blue”

Sunburnt Country

#73 Dec 14, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really but your brain has obviously turned to mush.
Yeah, that's why it has no idea of classical history.

“True Blue”

Sunburnt Country

#74 Dec 14, 2013
XX YY wrote:
<quoted text>
I am immensely attracted to the opposite sex.
That's nice, darling. Too bad they probably all reject you as a loser.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#75 Dec 14, 2013
Napoleon wrote:
<quoted text> Some young boys turn gay after they've been molested by an older queer.
Name one.

“Live and let live”

Since: Apr 08

New Orleans

#76 Dec 15, 2013
XX YY wrote:
Not entirely no, but mostly yes. But let's not kid ourselves what people do in a 'relationship'. They act out on their desires physically
"Not entirely no, but mostly yes" agrees my point that reducing all of human sexuality down to a physical act is an oversimplification of a very complex human trait.
XX YY wrote:
...and no child should be forced to observe the teachings of certain acts in a public school against the parents will.
So, racist parents should be allowed to opt their children out diversity academics? Religious parents should be able to opt their children out of science class? Jewish parents should that no other child there is allowed to eat pork in front of their children? Anti-gay parents should have their children remain blind that gay people exist? What of other children in the school who possibly have a parent who is gay or bisexual? Are you going to force them to closet talking about their moms or dads? The list goes on, and demonstrates that as much as you disagree with children being taught that gay people exist, it is rather unenforceable and opens a Pandora's box of other potential problems disruptive to the learning process.
XX YY wrote:
In fact, other than biology I see no reason for any govt run school k through 12 to be 'influencing' or informing sexuality to students in any way.
Fair enough... ban sex education then, but watch what happens when those kids reach their teen years and haven't a clue about STDs, contraceptives, or even themselves as being of a different sexual orientation. The reason sex education exists is so that kids are not left in the dark about it once puberty hits.
XX YY wrote:
That's why we have parents.
Parents don't always teach kids what they need to know. Sometimes they teach kids the opposite, or keep them in the dark and naive about the world. That's why we have educators.
XX YY wrote:
Amazing how those identifying as gay abrogated the ability to have a child by choice and yet have this Ashkenazi run govt force this issue upon parents, children, and expect the govt to provide them with a child. This govt is the devil.
I am not sure I understand the second half of your statement, but I should remind you that being gay does not make somebody sterile. There are LBT parents who have had children through biological procreation, with medical assistance, or through adoption.

“Live and let live”

New Orleans

#77 Dec 15, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Is that what you call homosexuality? Diversity? BWAHAHAHA.
2. HomoSEXUAL. HeteroSEXUAL. That's what defines you.
3. Your sexuality is defined by who turns you on. It's that simple.
4. Yup, gay.
You may be the same as anyone else when it comes to most things. The similarity ends with your same sex attraction.
Not always true. The academic term "sexual diversity" refers to a whole range of non-pathological sexual identities that include gays, lesbians, bisexuals, heterosexuals, asexuals, and pansexuals. Gender identity is another aspect of sexual diversity as well. There are transgenders, feminines, masculines, and the gender queer. In addition, there are to the so-called "third-genders" of many an example culture. Moreover, people possess varying degrees of sexual fluidity. For example, someone who identifies as heterosexual might nonetheless be fluid enough to try something with the same sex, even though he or she does not feel a distinct attraction. In a way, pansexuals are those who exhibit the most amount of sexual fluidity, and asexuals exhibit the least.

Location hidden

#78 Dec 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Not always true. The academic term "sexual diversity" refers to a whole range of non-pathological sexual identities that include gays, lesbians, bisexuals, heterosexuals, asexuals, and pansexuals. Gender identity is another aspect of sexual diversity as well. There are transgenders, feminines, masculines, and the gender queer. In addition, there are to the so-called "third-genders" of many an example culture. Moreover, people possess varying degrees of sexual fluidity. For example, someone who identifies as heterosexual might nonetheless be fluid enough to try something with the same sex, even though he or she does not feel a distinct attraction. In a way, pansexuals are those who exhibit the most amount of sexual fluidity, and asexuals exhibit the least.
Well said.

“Live and let live”

New Orleans

#79 Dec 15, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said.
Thanks! On a personal note, I pondered for a long time the question why if I am gay then all those years ago when I was closeted did my equipment still work for the girls I dated? It wasn't until I heard of pansexuality that I realized I posess a significant degree of sexual fluidity. Rarely ever have I felt attracted to a woman and the only times I did, she looked like a man. I realized that lack of sexual attraction does not always translate into complete disinterest. To point, I sometimes feel compelled to kiss a girl, but my interest ends there... A lot like I hear a lot of other gay men like boobs.

Location hidden

#80 Dec 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Thanks! On a personal note, I pondered for a long time the question why if I am gay then all those years ago when I was closeted did my equipment still work for the girls I dated? It wasn't until I heard of pansexuality that I realized I posess a significant degree of sexual fluidity. Rarely ever have I felt attracted to a woman and the only times I did, she looked like a man. I realized that lack of sexual attraction does not always translate into complete disinterest. To point, I sometimes feel compelled to kiss a girl, but my interest ends there... A lot like I hear a lot of other gay men like boobs.
I do believe that the little guy in the pants has a mind of his own. lol

“Live and let live”

New Orleans

#81 Dec 15, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe that the little guy in the pants has a mind of his own. lol
LMAO! So true! For many guys, he just likes being paid attention to! Doesn't mean a thing for the bigger guy though... Unless he's on-board with the idea too!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Brian_G 38,525
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 4 hr Frankie Rizzo 14,765
News Actress who played TV psychic, Miss Cleo, dies ... 6 hr Fa-Foxy 2
News FDA Signals Relaxing Gay Blood Donation Policy 6 hr Xstain Mullah Aroma 2
News All gay and bisexual men should get meningitis ... 6 hr Xstain Mullah Aroma 3
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 7 hr Frankie Rizzo 158
News 7th District: Feminist, gay groups take opposit... 7 hr Xstain Mullah Aroma 1
More from around the web