Pat Robertson: Lesbian Friends Will R...

Pat Robertson: Lesbian Friends Will Recruit Your Kids

There are 59 comments on the EDGE story from Dec 12, 2013, titled Pat Robertson: Lesbian Friends Will Recruit Your Kids. In it, EDGE reports that:

Televangelist Pat Robertson warned a viewer this week that inviting a lesbian friend to her home could cause her children to "grow up as lesbians."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#1 Dec 12, 2013
LOL

Why do people listen to this old fool ?!

The best thing to do with people like him is just ignore them completely and pretend that they don't even exist. Some day soon, he won't.
david traversa

Buenos Aires, Argentina

#2 Dec 12, 2013
He would profit by a lobotomy.. if they could find the brain , that is ..

“Live and let live”

Since: Apr 08

New Orleans

#3 Dec 12, 2013
Her Lesbian friend should have more self-respect. Even though it has very seldom happened to me, any "friend" of mine who cannot fully accept my sexual orientation is no longer my friend. Simple as that. "Friends" lacking respect for a quality in a person that is so inherent as their sexual orientation or gender identity need to be kicked to the curb for it.

On a personal note, I do have a friend who for religious reasons does not accept gay marriage. We are still friends, but I have made it clear that I do not tolerate her supporting issues aimed at undermining our rights. I said so in a way that took it close to home- "Cat, you're Christian and I respect that. I do not wish to change you in any way and would certainly not support government limiting your rights for any reason whatsoever. You're entitled to your beliefs and so am I. I demand that my friends offer me the same respect I try to give to them, but when you actively oppose my status as an equal, that is the opposite of respect and I will not tolerate it."

She actually agreed with me wholeheartedly after I said basically that and apologized profusely because she had not thought of it in that way before.

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

#4 Dec 12, 2013
What a miserable POS. Too bad for the pathetic Topix trolls that they're even dumber than he is; he's paid millions for being exceptionally stupid, bigoted, and hateful, and they waste all their time here doing it for free.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#5 Dec 12, 2013
And the bible mentions lesbians just as often as it mentions airplanes. So what the heck is he talking about ?!

Ignore this old fool !

Since: Jan 08

Bangkok, Thailand

#6 Dec 12, 2013
Why doesn't someone sue that jackass and similar peoples for libel and defamation of character with a class action suit? Seems telling outright lies ought to be met with strong legal opposition. Would this be possible?
Sir Andrew

Honolulu, HI

#7 Dec 12, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
And the bible mentions lesbians just as often as it mentions airplanes. So what the heck is he talking about ?!
Ignore this old fool !
Your mistake is that you're looking at the Bible most people use, while he's looking at the Bible he's spent his lifetime re-writing...with his God's help, of course.
david traversa

Buenos Aires, Argentina

#9 Dec 12, 2013
Josh in New Orleans wrote:
Her Lesbian friend should have more self-respect. Even though it has very seldom happened to me, any "friend" of mine who cannot fully accept my sexual orientation is no longer my friend. Simple as that. "Friends" lacking respect for a quality in a person that is so inherent as their sexual orientation or gender identity need to be kicked to the curb for it.
On a personal note, I do have a friend who for religious reasons does not accept gay marriage. We are still friends, but I have made it clear that I do not tolerate her supporting issues aimed at undermining our rights. I said so in a way that took it close to home- "Cat, you're Christian and I respect that. I do not wish to change you in any way and would certainly not support government limiting your rights for any reason whatsoever. You're entitled to your beliefs and so am I. I demand that my friends offer me the same respect I try to give to them, but when you actively oppose my status as an equal, that is the opposite of respect and I will not tolerate it."
She actually agreed with me wholeheartedly after I said basically that and apologized profusely because she had not thought of it in that way before.
You fully deserve our respect for taking such a firm stand .. and your friend has shown herself to be a very extraordinary person indeed !

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#10 Dec 12, 2013
Josh in New Orleans wrote:
<applause>

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#11 Dec 12, 2013
Inviting Pat Robertson into your home by tuning into the 700 Club could cause your children (and anyone else in the room) to instantly morph into knuckle-dragging, drooling, self-righteous cretins who think like the minions of Satan. So ... don't touch that dial!

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#14 Dec 12, 2013
Pat Robinson will recruit any elderly person to donate their last dime so he can live as a billionaire. Some prophet!

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#15 Dec 12, 2013
Mrs Claws wrote:
<quoted text>
So long as you give up your prostate David. David?
Thank God you never reproduced!
hi hi

Lancaster, PA

#16 Dec 12, 2013
Attacks on "religion" have grown pretty vicious; some of the verbiage I've seen shocks me profoundly.

However, stuff like this is why it's happening -- and will very much continue.

"Religion" doesn't get to make up its own separate, manipulative and completely erroneous set of "facts" about orientation. And when it does, it utterly deserves what it gets.

“It's time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

Terra Australis

#17 Dec 12, 2013
Yes, don't let your sons hang around lesbians. They might grow up to be attracted to women - also.

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#18 Dec 12, 2013
Two Left Nuts wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, be more specific. When you refer to Satan's minions are you referring to the Synagogue of Satan?
Oh, of course not. The Synagogue of Satan doesn't want to be associated with Pat Robertson in any way, form, or fashion. He's too disreputable. They do have standards to uphold, you know.

“Live and let live”

New Orleans

#19 Dec 12, 2013
Two Left Nuts wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, be more specific. When you refer to Satan's minions are you referring to the Synagogue of Satan?
Are there really Jewish-influenced Satanists? Kind of like Messionic Jews, but of the polar opposite kind? Sheesh... Satanism gets weirder by the day. What do they do, light their Manorahs upside-down and speak Hebrew backwards? Lol!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#20 Dec 12, 2013
More goofy nonsense. Pat Robertson is irrelevant.

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

#21 Dec 12, 2013
Robertson's buddy Pat Buchanan must feel relieved that MSNBC fired him last year. He appeared on the Rachel Maddow show so many times he was in serious danger of becoming a lesbian.
david traversa

Buenos Aires, Argentina

#22 Dec 12, 2013
hi hi wrote:
Attacks on "religion" have grown pretty vicious; some of the verbiage I've seen shocks me profoundly.
However, stuff like this is why it's happening -- and will very much continue.
"Religion" doesn't get to make up its own separate, manipulative and completely erroneous set of "facts" about orientation. And when it does, it utterly deserves what it gets.
Unfortunately it's being used as a weapon by the Pseudo Christians ; not as the source of spiritual enlightment , humbling of our vanities and help and consolation it should be . I'm not a believer myself ; but I've met people ( alas, very few ) who sincerely tried to live up to the ideals of Christianity and deserve our respect ..

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#23 Dec 13, 2013
Pat's going slowly more demented right before our eyes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 2 min ELH 1,795
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 2 min Suculent-dry 34,555
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 4 min Pietro Armando 1,208
News Editorial: Boy Scouts right to end gay leader ban 9 min butters_ 6
Why Are We Being Forced To Accept Homosexuality? (Feb '12) 10 min Preacher Pointfinger 811
News SC gay marriage plaintiffs can now seek legal fees 12 min Fa-Foxy 11
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 15 min ELH 8,155
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 40 min Nugget 24,121
News Gay wedding cake at center of Colorado Appeals ... 5 hr Reverend Alan 839
More from around the web