6-Feb-14 - Scottish Church 'Disappoin...

6-Feb-14 - Scottish Church 'Disappointed' In Legalization Of Gay Marriage

There are 6 comments on the Global Catholic Network EWTN story from Feb 6, 2014, titled 6-Feb-14 - Scottish Church 'Disappointed' In Legalization Of Gay Marriage. In it, Global Catholic Network EWTN reports that:

EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND, February 5 .- In a statement released on behalf of the Catholic Church in Scotland, officials lamented parliament's decision to allow same-sex "marriages," and affirmed that their position remains unchanged.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Global Catholic Network EWTN.

lgbt is silly

Knoxville, TN

#1 Aug 3, 2014
Quote:

"We cannot exclude the eventuality that, in the future, some individuals will initiate legal action against a Catholic priest or the Church because they won't accept to celebrate gay marriages."

Yep, that's next.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#2 Aug 3, 2014
lgbt is silly wrote:
Quote:
"We cannot exclude the eventuality that, in the future, some individuals will initiate legal action against a Catholic priest or the Church because they won't accept to celebrate gay marriages."
Yep, that's next.
I agree,it is most likely to happen.WHY? Because many i n the gay civil rights movements are bent on testing every aspect of society to enforce their agenda to promote the Gay lifestyle in world opinion and in the religious communities as well.

It is not that gays want to get married by a minister or priest,and or a Rabbi,but that many gays want approval for their choice of alternative lifestyle,by everyone including religious institutions.

Many main line Protestant groups such as: Presbyterian,Methodist,Episcop al,and United Church of Christ believe that homosexuality is not a sin,and have decided in their communities to open their doors extensively to the gay community and performing same-sex marriages is the biggest way to welcome them. It is also quite apparent that many of the main-line churches are struggling with smaller communities than ever,consisting of elderly folks who are unable to invite the younger into their midst.So attracting gays by performing marriages and baptisms for them, bolsters up the congregation in needed numbers,especially younger people.

Evangelical and Catholic Churches will be the ones to NOT give into popular opinion and to perform gay marriages.,and also accept gay adoptions of children in their midst,along with the philosophies of the Gay agenda movements.

We are all watching carefully these things.I attend a large evangelical church in my city(Assembly of God). Already gay couples are attending and seeking to join our church because it is very popular with young people,and our ministers are full of life,and very good with people. Our senior pastor was confronted with a request to accept a gay couple for membership,he stated that "they could well attend,and are more than welcome to be part of every facet of the church,but since they are not members they cannot take office,or teach classes and so on,and if they really want to be members than they must abide by the (Bylaws of the Assemblies of God). It is very well stated in those bylaws that sex before marriage is fornication and considered sin,and that those who live together and engage in sexual behavior are committing fornication." He never mentioned that hetero or homo sexual behavior is distinctively sinful,but that any type of sexual behavior before marriage is sin.

That couple did not ask to be married,but it is more than likely that the pastor would have told them that marriage between a man and a woman is the only marriage recognized by the Assemblies of God.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#4 Aug 3, 2014
Frank Stanton wrote:
<quoted text>
As a devout church-going Protestant, I don't give a DAMN what the Roman Catholic Church says about ANYTHING.
Well not that the RCCh is the only one on the block these days,but what they say as far as the choice of refusing to marry gays, does have distinction along with any church that refuses to open their doors to marrying gays. How about your church?
Pad

Rockford, IL

#6 Aug 3, 2014
Frank Stanton wrote:
<quoted text>
I go to church every Sunday morning. A 120 mile round trip (except today it was 200 miles because I had to get my car fixed.:() My church marries gay and lesbian people.:)
That is interesting. I eat lunch or rather supper every night at work with a fellow employee who is gay.We discuss many topics.AND he is very open about his life style or alternative choice. He was sharing with me that a Congregational church in our city recently was the place of good friends of his(gay couple) married. He wants to marry his buddy,who is about 15 years younger than him.The main reason is to make sure that the partner gets everything materially left to him and whatnot.The fellow employee who is basically a friend of mine on the job, is RC,and so is his partner,they even attend mass on occasion.

He naturally feels that the churches should accept gay marriages,but most of all should accept the gay alternative for sex as not sin,but an orientation that is credible and favored by God. He of course is disgusted with the Christian churches that see his lifestyle as not from birth(born gay),but as a choice.Yadda,yadda,yadda!

You travel quite far to hear a form of gospel,which does give license to that which has been not only opposed by Christianity for centuries,but the known world as well. All religions basically frown on such,and some groups are vehemently against to the point of even hanging gays. It is getting late,I will try to get back with you another time.
Belle Sexton

Santa Cruz, CA

#7 Aug 3, 2014
lgbt is silly wrote:
Quote:
Yep, that's next.
The entire UK has historic weaknesses, gaping fissures really, in the wall separating church and state. If this were stronger there could be no such worry.
Dan

United States

#9 Aug 4, 2014
Frank Stanton wrote:
<quoted text>
While it is indeed a long trip, I make it each Sunday because I really like the pastor there.
And many denominations in the U.S. allow the marriage of gay and lesbian people in their churches, including, but not limited to: the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA)(the largest Lutheran denomination in North America), The United Church of Christ (UCC), The Episcopal Church (TEC), The Presbyterian Church, the Metropolitan Community Church, as well as others.
There are MANY Christian denominations, and individual churches that allow the marriage of gay and lesbian people in their churches.
I have 3 close blood relatives, all women, that have had 9 divorces in total between them. To "preserve marriage", shouldn't divorce be outlawed ?
Um, I know the RCC doesn't recognize divorce, so that should resolve your concerns in that regard.

......and trhe ones who DO marry gays and lesbians don't "outlaw divorce", do they? Odd that you'd insist on a much more rigorous standard for others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Reading series teaches students about inclusion 4 min NOM s Waffle House 15
News Anthony Rapp, Wilson Cruz On Star Trek's First ... 10 min NOM s Waffle House 73
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 20 min We the LGBT 17,315
News A Gay Couple's Guide to 5 Great Things To Do In... 24 min Francisco Salvato... 6
News Gay rights debate reaches Lancaster Mennonites 41 min Gremlin 20
News Police: Kenyan Catholic priest arrested for sodomy 1 hr LGBT Logic 14
News Former OKC Mayor blames homosexuality for moral... 1 hr NOM s Waffle House 566
News Gay Cakes Are Not a Constitutional Right 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 828
News UKIP councillor links drug and anti-social beha... 1 hr Gremlin 6
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 18 hr GodSmacked 27,290
More from around the web