Paths To Victory Running Out For Anti...

Paths To Victory Running Out For Anti-Marriage Equality Groups

There are 13 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Jun 24, 2013, titled Paths To Victory Running Out For Anti-Marriage Equality Groups. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

Sounding ever more like the racist groups of the past, the anti-marriage equality groups are vowing to fight on even if the Supreme Court rules for equality

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#1 Jun 24, 2013
The likelihood of SCOTUS ruling broadly on the right to marry is probably not going to happen this time around.......but that doesn't mean it won't happen in the future.

Another issue is that allowing the right to marry for Gays and Lesbians IS NOT going to prevent heterosexuals from getting married or having children.......that seems to be something the anti-gay marriage group doesn't seem to grasp.

As for a Constitutional Amendment stating that marriage is only between a man and a woman........I won't say it isn't possible, but it more than likely isn't probable at this moment.......the process is a long one because it has to be proposed, voted on by 2/3 majority in the Senate and House for 2 consecutive legislation sessions and then sent out to the states to be ratified.......I don't see it happening......at least not in my lifetime!!!
Remus

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Jun 24, 2013
I believe Marriage in it's real and true meaning is worth fighting for to the end.

I could care less what the SCOTUS says.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#3 Jun 24, 2013
Great article Bridgette!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#4 Jun 24, 2013
If the anti-abortion people link up with the anti gays I have a question I'd like then to answer.

If the fetus you save is gay would you still save it?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#5 Jun 24, 2013
The religious homophobes really don't have a horse in the race
The Federal Government (not religion) controls the taxation and distribution of the 1,137 rights; benefits; and privileges of marriage; all $467,562 worth of it
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/03/your-money/... ;
This is why I believe the Supreme Court will apply marriage equality universally across all of America

Sei

Since: Nov 08

Rutland, VT

#6 Jun 24, 2013
DNF wrote:
Great article Bridgette!

Since: May 12

Livonia, MI

#7 Jun 24, 2013
Remus wrote:
I believe Marriage in it's real and true meaning is worth fighting for to the end.
Exactly. Marriage is the legal bonding of two consenting adults. This bonding can be done for a couple of reasons: love (that's the biggie and most favorite), or money (the ol' golddigger scenario). Sometimes, its a combo of both.
So, you're right. Its worth fighting for. And I thank you for your support in helping your fellow LGBT citizens to further the cause of equal marriage for everyone.
A pat on the back and an "attaboy" for you.
Not sure what state you're from, but here's hoping you can eventually get married too.
Mwah.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#8 Jun 24, 2013
If Kennedy betrays them, the constitutional amendment is all the anti-gays have left.

It'll never happen, but I hope they spend millions of their shrinking donations to lobby GOPasaur Congressmen.

That'll leave them less money to fight the state amendment referendums that are looming in 2014 & 2016.

“Married 6/17/08”

Since: Feb 07

Porterville, CA

#9 Jun 24, 2013
Remus wrote:
I do too, that's why I believe in Marriage Equality for all. When you have to fight for something you value it much more than the person who can marry and divorce at will.

IF you truly believe in building strong marriages you need to fight the ability to end it so easily.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#10 Jun 24, 2013
Remus wrote:
And that's why so many gay people are fighting for the right to have their marriages legally recognized - because they value the real and true meaning.
Not Really

Tempe, AZ

#12 Jun 24, 2013
The Shadow wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey [email protected], there's no such thing as a homophobe but I have a turtle in this race, a snapping turtle, and it's not a Queer turtle.
So very sorry OH great stupid one,but "Homophobia" is in fact a legitimate and recognized disease by the AMA and all psychiatrists and psychologists at the APA! And you are the poster boy for the "Disease"! So here's a link so that you can bone up on it so you don't continuously sound like the fool and LIAR that you are! You know,proof? Now kindly STFU loser!

Homophobia Medical sight

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/h/homophobia/sy...
Not Really

Tempe, AZ

#14 Jun 24, 2013
The Shadow wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no such thing as homophobia you stupid Arizona [email protected] No one is afraid of you fking Queers. Get your filthy a.ss off your knees, your sore a.ss has gotten all the semen it can hold for one day.
And sorry Mrs. HOMOPHOBE,Not gay OH great diseased one! With some good meds and therapy you may some day join the ranks of the human and sane! If you need the name of a good shrink,please do not hesitate to ask! Does your I.Q. even match your age? LOL
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#16 Jun 25, 2013
The Shadow wrote:
it's not a Queer turtle.
and denial is not a river in Egypt

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A look at the judges who will rule on Trump's t... 3 min Prosperity Fundie... 105
News Methodist court ruling a blow for openly lesbia... 8 min Prosperity Fundie... 10
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 13 min Terra Firma 48,183
News Judge won't hear gay adoptions because it's not... 27 min Tre H 6
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 30 min PRES DONALD TRUMP 25,352
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 38 min Tre H 5,647
News Court allows Chicago church to fire gay worker ... 2 hr Prosperity Fundie... 25
More from around the web