Biden 'absolutely comfortable' with s...

Biden 'absolutely comfortable' with same-sex marriage

There are 374 comments on the WAPT-TV Jackson story from May 6, 2012, titled Biden 'absolutely comfortable' with same-sex marriage. In it, WAPT-TV Jackson reports that:

As a ballot initiative to ban same sex-marriage comes to a vote in North Carolina this week, Vice President Joe Biden said Sunday he was "absolutely comfortable" with the idea of same-gender marriage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WAPT-TV Jackson.

Bluntforce

Cleveland, OH

#103 May 8, 2012
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
There's ONE thing Jesus didn't say a DAMN THING about: Homosexuality.
He did say a lot about 'love one another' Excessive wealth, judging hate-mongering, etc.
Just like your hate-mongering POS comment.
People that consider themselves Christians believe in a unique trinity. The Father, Son and Holy Ghost. One doesn't cancel out the other and God had LOTS to say about homosexual's. In fact, He destroyed ENTIRE cities due to sexual perversion. God does love you, but not unconditionally. You can't knowingly break His commandments every time you have sex with your boy-toy and expect salvation. But hey, you probably know more than God, so have at it.
Little Blue Alien

Easthampton, MA

#104 May 8, 2012
SIGH!
Sam Toliver

AOL

#105 May 8, 2012
The BIGGER question would be if Biden is comfortable with the FACT that Obama has operated without a BUDGET for his entire Presidency?

What kind loser would re-elect a "Leader" would operate without a Budget??????????
No big O

Romeoville, IL

#106 May 8, 2012
Bluntforce wrote:
<quoted text>People that consider themselves Christians believe in a unique trinity. The Father, Son and Holy Ghost. One doesn't cancel out the other and God had LOTS to say about homosexual's. In fact, He destroyed ENTIRE cities due to sexual perversion. God does love you, but not unconditionally. You can't knowingly break His commandments every time you have sex with your boy-toy and expect salvation. But hey, you probably know more than God, so have at it.
Ya, but here's the thing.... we are not a theocracy.... we are not ruled by what YOU choose to interpret what YOUR holy book says. There are MANY sects of the Christian religion which interpret the Bible in a different fashion... yet you are correct and we as citizens should be bound by what YOU believe the Bible says.... how is this different than the Taliban....

Now tell us, leaving your theological beliefs out of it as we are not a theocracy, why two U.S. citizens who have been together for 5 years who happen to be a SSC should enjoy less rights and legal coverage than a couple married 5 minutes......
Little Blue Alien

Easthampton, MA

#107 May 8, 2012
Sam Toliver wrote:
The BIGGER question would be if Biden is comfortable with the FACT that Obama has operated without a BUDGET for his entire Presidency?
What kind loser would re-elect a "Leader" would operate without a Budget??????????
Correct, now they want to brainwash school children. A breeding ground for the Democratic party if you will. See where this is all going? I sure do.

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#108 May 8, 2012
Impeach The Obamaniac ! Throw Stumblebum Joe in there ! He'll bring gay marriage to the masses !

Peace and tranqulity and bread and circuses will reign with Stumblebum Joe !

NEXT !

:)
Dane T

AOL

#109 May 8, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
Impeach The Obamaniac ! Throw Stumblebum Joe in there ! He'll bring gay marriage to the masses !
Peace and tranqulity and bread and circuses will reign with Stumblebum Joe !
NEXT !
:)
Here Here......Excellant Post!
Bluntforce

Cleveland, OH

#110 May 8, 2012
The United States was FOUNDED on Christian beliefs. One of them being that marriage is between and man and a woman. If you homosexer's don't like that FACT, then please pack up your belongings, your college degree's, your hybrid car, your meds and your 5 year old same sex relationship and look for greener pastures. Try a Muslim country, they aren't as backwards thinking as us Christians. I am sure they will welcome you with open arms.
No big O

Romeoville, IL

#111 May 8, 2012
Bluntforce wrote:
The United States was FOUNDED on Christian beliefs. One of them being that marriage is between and man and a woman. If you homosexer's don't like that FACT, then please pack up your belongings, your college degree's, your hybrid car, your meds and your 5 year old same sex relationship and look for greener pastures. Try a Muslim country, they aren't as backwards thinking as us Christians. I am sure they will welcome you with open arms.
Really, where does it say that in the Dec. of Ind....
Or what part of the bill of rights says that?....

Funny how you bring up the Muslim country... when you act like the taliban yourself.... sure you dont kill the homo. just dont give them equal rights... why... because YOUR HOLY BOOK says it is wrong....
No big O

Romeoville, IL

#112 May 8, 2012
Bluntforce wrote:
Oh btw...
You still could not answer my question leaving your theology out of it... so I ask again...
Why should two U.S. citizens together for 5 years who happen to be a ssc, have less rights and legal standing than a couple married 5 minutes....
Again since we are not a theocracy... your religious beliefs do not enter into the discussion...

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

#113 May 8, 2012
Bluntforce wrote:
Actually, many of the Founders were Deists, and not Christians. Thomas Jefferson, who was the main author of the United States Declartion Of Independence, was a Deist. He famously edited the bible, removing things he found unbelievable and\or ridiculous.

And the United States Constitution, which established our present government, and is our basic law, pointedly omits ANY reference to God or any Deity at all.

We are offically a secular nation.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#114 May 8, 2012
Bluntforce wrote:
<quoted text>People that consider themselves Christians believe in a unique trinity. The Father, Son and Holy Ghost. One doesn't cancel out the other and God had LOTS to say about homosexual's. In fact, He destroyed ENTIRE cities due to sexual perversion. God does love you, but not unconditionally. You can't knowingly break His commandments every time you have sex with your boy-toy and expect salvation. But hey, you probably know more than God, so have at it.
By that reasoning, divorced people who remarry and continue to have sexual relations with each other shouldn't expect salvation either. Jesus himself said that that is committing adultery.
lolol

Santa Fe, NM

#115 May 8, 2012
Biden is also obviously comfortable with his foot in his mouth which is where it seems to be planted most of the time. This comic relief makes Dan Quayle look like the smartest VP ever.

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

#116 May 8, 2012
lolol wrote:
Biden is also obviously comfortable with his foot in his mouth which is where it seems to be planted most of the time. This comic relief makes Dan Quayle look like the smartest VP ever.
I agree. There was a time when VEEPs where never seen nor heard from unless the POTUS died. Biden certainly makes the case to returning to those good ol' days. I don't know why The Obamaniac doesn't tell him to go home, collect his salary, and keep his mouth shut as long as he is VEEP. Seriously.

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

#117 May 8, 2012
Rememeber John Nance Garner !
Reality

Windsor, VT

#118 May 8, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I suppose if you are stupid enough to go there, I can call you out.
a) One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections.
West Virginia State Board of Education v Barnette
b) How did that California vote turn out? In addition to illustrating an increase in support for gay marriage over the 2000 measure, which was also overturned in the courts, prop 8 was also overturned as unconstitutional. The ruling doing so was also upheld by the appeals court.
I think it is ironic that anyone could argue against equal protection of the laws for fellow citizens and think that what they are doing is constitutional, just, or American.
as usually a big swing and a miss...

did you catch that part about the popularity of gay marriage?
as to that votes seem to matter ...
No big O

Romeoville, IL

#119 May 8, 2012
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
as usually a big swing and a miss...
did you catch that part about the popularity of gay marriage?
as to that votes seem to matter ...
Ya but heres the thing.... when it comes to civil rights.... votes do not matter... they just dont matter..... if they did, then we would still have segregation in the south, so vote as you want,, be biggoted as you will,,,

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

#120 May 8, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I suppose if you are stupid enough to go there, I can call you out.
a) One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections.
West Virginia State Board of Education v Barnette
b) How did that California vote turn out? In addition to illustrating an increase in support for gay marriage over the 2000 measure, which was also overturned in the courts, prop 8 was also overturned as unconstitutional. The ruling doing so was also upheld by the appeals court.
I think it is ironic that anyone could argue against equal protection of the laws for fellow citizens and think that what they are doing is constitutional, just, or American.
I support equal marriage rights for gay and lesbian People, and i DO BELIEVE that denying us those rights is a violation of the U.S. Constitution, specifically the right to freedom of religion found in the First Amendment and the equal protection clause forun in the Fourteenth Amendment.

But thinsg are not as simple as you see to think they are.

For instance:

1. Some states allow convicted felosn to vote. Other states do NOT allow convicted felons to vote. Does that unequal treatment between the states violate the U.S. Constitution ? The courst have ruled that it does not.

2. In New York, the MINIMUM age you need to be to get married is 13 years old (it was lowered from 16 years old in the 1980's (sic)). Does the fact that 13 year olds can marry and 12 year olds can't violate the equal protection clause ?

3. How can it be legal for someone to enlist in the military, be allowed to figh and kill for his country, but no be allowed to legally drink a beer or vote ? is that denial of equal proectionof teh law ?
Reality

Windsor, VT

#122 May 8, 2012
No big O wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya but heres the thing.... when it comes to civil rights.... votes do not matter... they just dont matter..... if they did, then we would still have segregation in the south, so vote as you want,, be biggoted as you will,,,
\

but here's the thing, we were talking about POPULARITY, so a vote is kinda significant on that issue...

ask the polygamists if popularity matters.

“and how does this effect you?”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#123 May 8, 2012
CHECK SIX wrote:
<quoted text>You are so out of touch with reality....this is not the time of Jesues,and in 29AD, there were no Flim,mikes,newspapers,..You want to get in a ridiculous discussion as what the guy said two thousand years ago???Most cannot remember what the President said Today..

Your message is a CATHOLIC BASHING ONE...a CATHOLIC HATER...Under the guise of this Moran ,talking,You want to condemn Many Millions World Over with yer Hateful,Faggot defending crap...

The Catholic church is a leap of faith1..and you SOBs mean to destroy that.Like all great religions,it will survive..best you take yer crap to the Muslims...They Just Love Fags,...BEHEADED!..Go convert them AH!

You Queers will use anything to cover yer perverted acts...So UP YER HOLE WITH A MELLOROLL.No AIDS with that!....any Who same Sex is Illegal in many states...Wanna be a Fag,or a Dyke??? Its OK..But please do not implicate a Major religion who does not agree with this Abomination.

In this "JOE" is a non Practicing Catholic and a Disgrace!..Were he not???no one would give a crap what this Fumbling,Bumbling LOON would say!.So SUCK OFF MAGGOT
you sure have a nice Christian mouth, don't ya?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 2 min Frindly 1,178
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 12 min Frindly 8,612
News Trump bans transgender people from military 15 min Rose_NoHo 378
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 24 min Juan Twain 53,922
News Gay rights is personal for Fla. candidates 53 min Anita Bryant s Jihad 13
News Catholic Church threatens to fire gay teachers ... 55 min Anita Bryant s Jihad 33
News Biphobic hate crimes a should be treated differ... 1 hr Anita Bryant s Jihad 16
News Syphilis rates in Scotland highest in more than... 4 hr Ebbett 3
News Minister rejects 'wicked' anti-gay posters 5 hr Ebbett 1
More from around the web