Group apologizes to gays, then shuts ...

Group apologizes to gays, then shuts down

There are 11 comments on the WPTZ-TV Plattsburgh story from Jun 20, 2013, titled Group apologizes to gays, then shuts down. In it, WPTZ-TV Plattsburgh reports that:

After 37 years, Exodus International, an organization whose mission was to "help" gay Christians become straight, is shutting down.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPTZ-TV Plattsburgh.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#1 Jun 20, 2013
Are there any prominent ex gays left still hiding in their closets while proclaiming their heterosexuality?
KMX

Houston, TX

#2 Jun 20, 2013
They woke-up and realized 'Exodus' means 'leave', so they left.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#3 Jun 20, 2013
Darn, I was hoping they meant "NOW".

But what are all of the posters on this thread who have lovingly quoted Exodus going to do? Will any of them apologize?

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Kansas City, MO.

#4 Jun 20, 2013
Quest wrote:
Darn, I was hoping they meant "NOW".
But what are all of the posters on this thread who have lovingly quoted Exodus going to do? Will any of them apologize?
Yes they will apologize tonight on OWN network @ 10 Eastern/Pacific time. A program called: God and Gays. Heard about it on OutQ XM 108.

Kansas City, MO.

#5 Jun 20, 2013
That's 9pm CST

“Mussy galore!!!”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#6 Jun 20, 2013
Before we all "pile on" (forgive the expression!) this gentleman, it should be noted that he has never hidden the fact that he is gay. While I've always thought Exodus Intl was a sham,(and was never convinced he'd "recovered"- watch tonight to see what I mean!) I respected him being honest about his past. We should celebrate another religious group accepting our rightful place. He seems truly sorry for the damage Exodus Intl has caused. Now we can be the bigger people, and try to forgive.

Littleton, NH

#7 Jun 20, 2013
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>Yes they will apologize tonight on OWN network @ 10 Eastern/Pacific time. A program called: God and Gays. Heard about it on OutQ XM 108.
I've seen that program advertised. But what is OWN?

Littleton, NH

#8 Jun 20, 2013
stickyface wrote:
Before we all "pile on" (forgive the expression!) this gentleman, it should be noted that he has never hidden the fact that he is gay. While I've always thought Exodus Intl was a sham,(and was never convinced he'd "recovered"- watch tonight to see what I mean!) I respected him being honest about his past. We should celebrate another religious group accepting our rightful place. He seems truly sorry for the damage Exodus Intl has caused. Now we can be the bigger people, and try to forgive.
Alternative translation: Paulk and Chambers have fully funded their retirement accounts. So now their going to go enjoy the fruits of their deception. And they will undoubtedly have a long list of victims who they can take advantage of again.

Kansas City, MO.

#9 Jun 20, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Opry Winfrey Network.

Kansas City, MO.

#10 Jun 20, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Opra

Littleton, NH

#11 Jun 20, 2013
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>Opry Winfrey Network.
Does that come from Nashville?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 5 min Frankie Rizzo 2,944
News VIDEO: McKellen: Fight not over on gay rights 8 min Rainbow Kid 3
News Kentucky clerk seeks Supreme Court help to deny... 16 min Rainbow Kid 18
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 20 min tongangodz 7,206
Wood you like two squish NE Jade's testicles? 21 min Poindexter 1
News Plaintiffs seek to block Miss. ban on gay coupl... 25 min SirAndrew 4
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 30 min Responsibiility 200
News Court: Baker who refused gay wedding cake can't... 1 hr Prep-for-Dep 1,052
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 1 hr NoahLovesU 8,770
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr NoahLovesU 25,627
More from around the web