Vanderbilt Divinity Appoints Lesbian ...

Vanderbilt Divinity Appoints Lesbian Dean

There are 6 comments on the EDGE story from Oct 15, 2013, titled Vanderbilt Divinity Appoints Lesbian Dean. In it, EDGE reports that:

Vanderbilt Divinity School in Tennessee has appointed an openly gay woman to be its next dean, Emilie Townes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

Rufus

Anonymous Proxy

#2 Oct 15, 2013
She looks like she stinks to high heaven.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#4 Oct 15, 2013
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
As if being a dyke has ANYTHING to do with being a dean of any school.......
Of course it doesn't, that's why she was hired.

But, are you saying that she is supposed to pretend that she only dates men? Not have a loved one's picture on her desk? Not invite her significant other to events?

How does one "hide" being gay?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#6 Oct 15, 2013
Don't hire to begin with.
With that policy, the Enigma machines and codes would never have been cracked.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#8 Oct 16, 2013
Don't hire to begin with.
Why? Isn't being qualified the important thing?

And, really, are you telling me that no gay person should be allowed to work, and that you would be fine paying the additional taxes for food, housing, and medical care for all the unemployable gay folks?

Can I quit my job now?
Dave

Anonymous Proxy

#10 Oct 16, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it doesn't, that's why she was hired.
But, are you saying that she is supposed to pretend that she only dates men? Not have a loved one's picture on her desk? Not invite her significant other to events?
How does one "hide" being gay?
If she was straight would the headline have read "Vanderbilt Divinity Appoints Heterosexual Dean"?

I mean why should she have to hide the fact she's a normal person?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#11 Oct 16, 2013
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
I already am. I'm not fine with it but what choice do I have. Obama says I have to work so that queers can live for free.
You know any that do? Personally?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr oops 26,089
News Gay pastor fights censure by United Methodist C... 2 hr 93James 158
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr cpeter1313 48,044
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 7 hr June VanDerMark 13,378
News Court allows Chicago church to fire gay worker ... 7 hr Xstain Mullah Aroma 21
News Lesbian Methodist bishop faces challenge to her... 7 hr Elizabeth1912 1
News Anti-transgender bus sparks protests as it visi... 10 hr Defeat Elizabeth ... 6
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 14 hr Bernice 69,521
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 14 hr Rose_NoHo 5,587
More from around the web