NC Pastor Wants To Build Electrified Fence To Contain, Starve And Ultimately Kill Gays

May 21, 2012 | Posted by: Gay And Proud | Full story: www.towleroad.com

In a sermon blasting President Obama for his same-sex marriage support, Pastor Charles L. Worley of Providence Road Baptist Church in Maiden, North Carolina, offered a novel - and horrific - solution to the so-called gay scourge: build an electric fence and let "lesbians, queers and homosexuals" starve to death.

Comments
661 - 680 of 1,080 Comments Last updated Oct 2, 2013
Pat Robertson s Fatwass

Souderton, PA

#831 May 27, 2012
Don-N-Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
Again....
You're an anti rational, anti science mongoloid.

You couldn't even bring yourself to say exactly whose post or what studies you were whining about earlier, and I _still_ rubbed your ignorant face in it.

Get used to it: That's the future for homophobes.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#832 May 27, 2012
Pat Robertson s Fatwass wrote:
Whether you can search the literature via your Creation Science [sic] Museum's computer and find a study you don't like, or that you can misquote, has nothing to do with your rejection of science and of equality.
Okay, pos?
Pardon me Fatwass, I had no idea that your “scientific evidence” would HAVE to be considered valid – while any evidence of the same should be considered garbage… You should explain these special rules to your game BEFORE we start playing.

You typed a bunch of words and call it “evidence”, of course you didn’t include a link so I had to research the article my self and found it published on the atlantic online magazine website. Which as it turns out is a blog site much like Topix.

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/201...

The atlantic did reference a APA website but as it is a closed website and their documents are sold, not free to read. I’m just guessing anyone can make any claim they want about the “scientific: studies contained within and only those inclined to pay the $11.95 per paper will ever be privy to the whole truth.

Fortunately however there is a free abstract page and I will post part of the quote:

[QUOTE who=”Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol 102(4), Apr 2012, 815-832”]
Abstract
When individuals grow up with autonomy-thwarting parents, they MAY be prevented from exploring internally endorsed values and identities and as a result shut out aspects of the self perceived to be unacceptable. Given the stigmatization of homosexuality, individuals perceiving low autonomy support from parents MAY be especially motivated to conceal same-sex sexual attraction.[/QUOTE]

http://psycnet.apa.org/index.cfm...

One of us MAY have “misquoted” that APA article – But I don’t believe I was that person… The atlantic magazine web-blog perhaps?

You gotta’ love it when people are; “open-minded”,“understanding” and “tolerant”…

Or is it that only SOME of us have to be; open-minded, understanding and tolerant?

Location hidden

#833 May 27, 2012
Oh I forgot; your "scientific evidence" apparently came from the atlantic magazine blog-site.

The article I referenced came from the Journal of Medical Ethics.

I can certainly see why your "evidence" might be considered more, "Scientific" than mine...

Umm, on second thought, Actually, no I can't?

Perhaps you can explain it to me.

Oh, and if you don't have any thing of supportable relevance to contribute... Feel free to toss out swear words and call me names.

It didn't work last time, but maybe you can wear me down.
Pat Robertson s Fatwass

Souderton, PA

#834 May 27, 2012
Don-N-Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
Pardon me
No, there will be no pardon for you.

You're the moron who says there's an equivalence between "intolerance" shown by glbt activists and sexually sick bigots.

Of course glbt people never said fundie xstains or other phobes couldn't marry, adopt, teach, serve openly...so you're off the rails from the getgo, filth.

Besides, you're the passive aggressive cretin who couldn't even spell out what he was whining about.

And there's lots of studies showing that homosexually fixated homophobes are suppressing their own urges. It's really no more in doubt in the psychology community than the fact that variations in sexual orientation are perfectly normal, Jethro.

“Your religion is NOT in charge”

Since: Nov 11

Columbus

#836 May 27, 2012
fairly distrusting wrote:
This fence is pretty unpopular with the gays I think we should use it for blacks. That's something we can all agree on.
You try to put my wife in a fence - warning, I'm armed.

Location hidden

#837 May 28, 2012
Pat Robertson s Fatwass wrote:
<REDACTED quote>
No, there will be no pardon for you.
You're the moron who says there's an equivalence between "intolerance" shown by glbt activists and sexually sick bigots.
Of course glbt people never said fundie xstains or other phobes couldn't marry, adopt, teach, serve openly...so you're off the rails from the getgo, filth.
... Jethro.
So you don’t see any “equivalence” between one group of people treating another badly, when the other group appears to be committing similar acts against their opponents?

Interesting…

Now bear with me, I’m not sure I will be able to decipher your shorthand well, but I’ll give it a try. Apparently we are taking a little detour into legislative issues again.

Of course gays and lesbians never said; “fundie xstains”,(I’m guessing that means fundamentalist… something or other,) shouldn’t marry… that I know of.

More states are ratifying same-sex marriages all the time, is your complaint that this isn’t happening fast enough or that it hasn’t happened to your satisfaction or that it happened to begin with?

Now for many there is a concern that the ‘traditional marriage”, which so far as I know had meant between a man and a woman – has stood for well over 200 years in this country, is being redefined…

So as bad as it was for those people to impose their views and beliefs on someone against their will – There is absolutely no question that for the gay and lesbian community to force their perspective upon an unwilling group, is the right thing to do?

Again interesting…

Umm, What’s the difference – wouldn’t that make the gay, lesbian and Bi, transsexual community the; “fundies” then?

Just askin ~

The G&L community claim they only want to have the same rights and protections as hetero couples in their relationships… but if someone offers them a “civil union” with EXACTLY the same rights and protections as hetero couples… most reply; “that’s not good enough!”
Why is that exactly… could it be that equal rights and protections AREN’T the real reasons those in a non traditional relationship want the “right” to marry?

Again, Just askin ~

There ARE a lot of studies that that homosexually fixated homophobes are suppressing their own urges… there are also a lot of “studies” that claim man never landed on the moon – it was just a Hollywood production, and there were no Nazi concentration camps or the Twin Towers collapse was a government plot.

As you, yourself pointed out there were “studies” that lead the APA to determine homosexuality was a mental disorder… In just about every one of those instances there has been recent or alternate “studies” that tend to disprove those claims.

Imagine if someone like yourself, had insisted that the APA finding claiming homosexuality was a mental disorder. Would their insistence and pointing at the study made them any more correct?

Homosexuality is, that should be enough… If the major thing same-sex partners want is equal rights and protections under the law, why should it matter what it is called?

That SOME straights treat gays badly is a fact – that SOME homosexuals treat straights badly is also a fact, and dissembling into past legislation or posting misquoted; “scientific studies” from a blog site, certainly won’t justify or dismiss the facts.

You have cussed at me, you have called me names and accused me of things you can’t substantiate and also happen to be true… I have tried to discuss this issue with reason and don’t believe I have once called you a name or given you any disparagement.

I happen to be straight - what is your sexual preference?

Your honors… I rest my case ~

*Oh and my name is Don – Not Jethro.

Location hidden

#839 May 28, 2012
That should read: "You have cussed at me, you have called me names and accused me of things you can’t substantiate and also happen to be UNTRUE… I have tried to discuss this issue with reason and don’t believe I have once called you a name or given you any disparagement.

I happen to be straight - what is your sexual preference?

“Your religion is NOT in charge”

Since: Nov 11

Columbus

#841 May 28, 2012
<quoted text>
Oh I would never ever participate my good man...
I know you wouldn't. Racists are cowards.

Location hidden

#842 May 28, 2012
This fence is pretty unpopular with the gays I think we should use it for blacks. That's something we can all agree on.
Au contraire, I wouldn't agree at all. Excuse me for stating the obvious, but you sound VERY ignorant by saying such hate-filled things. I'm going to pray for you. Have a blessed day!

Location hidden

#843 May 28, 2012
<quoted text>Your wife is a monkey? That is so cool. Why not they can be trained for any remedial work much like the border collie. I assume you are a white man who couldn't get a white woman so you went baboon crazy.
Hey...just thought someone should point this out - YOUR IGNORANCE IS SHOWING!!!!! I wouldn't want you to embarass yourself...oops, too late! Do you think God would be proud of what you say? No. Would you appreciate it if someone were speaking of your family/children in the manner you've been spastically doing? No, you'd get all in a twist. However, somehow, you feel so superior, why...you must think you are MORE superior than GOD himself! Are you proud of that? Whether you want it, I'm going to pray for you. I suggest you do the same.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#844 May 28, 2012
sad but true wrote:
<quoted text>
that fool is a closeted gay. I have every rational reason to be against what the gays are trying to accomplish. We tackled your nambla organization and eventually we will eradicate the other ones.
hahahahahahahaha

I love it when the rednecks bring up NAMBLA. It shows just how out-of-touch with reality they really are.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#845 May 28, 2012
sad but true wrote:
<quoted text>
being strait isn't an lifestyle, it's how things are supposed to be. While some gays may very well be born that way or are tricked by adult gays when their young, it goes completely against nature.
How does someone get tricked into being gay? are you for real?

LOL
DaBroad

Andover, MN

#846 May 28, 2012
Don-N-Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww common Pat, don’t be shy – tell us what you really think.
Obviously this is the humor part of the program.
Obviously dissembling isn’t one of your top shelf talents.
So we’ve gone from how gays and straights treat each other, to how gays and straights might legislate to discussion of psychosocial causality… and now we are speaking of evolution –vs– intelligent design and dinosaurs apparently.
Nice segue ~
As to the article you referenced, might I quote:
QUOTE=The Atlantic.com :“New research in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology suggests that anti-gay prejudice MAY stem from restrictive upbringings and repressed homosexual desires.;QUOTE
Of course it MAY also lead to a person’s preference for Red heads over Brunettes too, but those weren’t the reactions the researchers were looking for, so no doubt they were dismissed.
Not being a member of the APA, and also unwilling to pay the $11.00 for an online copy of the article, I’m guessing some of this might just be more voodoo science that got published… you know like how science proved blonde haired and blue eyed homo-sapiens were “superior” human beings and those of Jewish ancestry were mentally and physically deficient.
Why I even read an article in the Journal of Medical Ethics that suggested we should be allowed to kill babies – after they are born – if they’re not perfect. Actually I believe the term used was; “After-Birth Abortions”
http://jme.bmj.com/content/early/2012/03/01/m...
The Journal of Medical Ethics… Imagine that ~
Just because an article is published, and just because the source seems to be fairly reliable – there is also a modicum of common sense involved in attempting to determine the validity of any study... you seem to have the first two elements.
Or at least that is what I'm thinking.
Did you actually read the article and replies, or did you just look at the title? Do you really think that it was an actual call for infanticide? It was an argument of logic. Really, you probably shouldn't read something so far above your reading level. It will just confuse you.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#847 May 28, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>hahahahahahahaha
I love it when the rednecks bring up NAMBLA. It shows just how out-of-touch with reality they really are.
Yet it is interesting to note that the five men most often linked to NAMBLA; Bill Andriette, Samuel R. Delany, Allen Ginsberg, Harry Hay, and David Thorstad as well as the infamous Boston priest, Rev. Paul Shanley, were all homosexuals.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#848 May 28, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet it is interesting to note that the five men most often linked to NAMBLA; Bill Andriette, Samuel R. Delany, Allen Ginsberg, Harry Hay, and David Thorstad as well as the infamous Boston priest, Rev. Paul Shanley, were all homosexuals.
Is that like your Pope being linked to Hitler Youth?

Location hidden

#849 May 28, 2012
DaBroad wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you actually read the article and replies, or did you just look at the title? Do you really think that it was an actual call for infanticide? It was an argument of logic. Really, you probably shouldn't read something so far above your reading level. It will just confuse you.
I perused the article, didn't bother with the replies, I suspected they were a lot like we see here...

I did go to the APA article, the atlantic post mentioned and read as much of that as was available without have to pay the $12 for a download fee.

My personal choice is not to pay the fee for something I would probably consider voodoo science.

As a matter of fact my quoted text was from the APA article - not the atlanntic post of the 'interpretation' of the article.

I believe in going to the source, instead of someone’s blog about something referenced. At least that is my preference…

I can understand though if someone would rather avoid the original source and post instead from someone’s interpretation of an article they might have read. That’s just not my way of doing things.

BTW nice personal slam against me, I’ve been told that shows something about the character of the person posting those remarks.

At least that’s what I have been told.

Location hidden

#850 May 28, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>hahahahahahahaha
Probably about as ‘out of touch’ as the person who claimed the G&L community was instrumental in the demolishing NAMBLA... When a Google search and a little historical perspective shows at one time there were all members of the same happy family apparently.

As I pointed out in one of my previous posts (#822).

That is until the ILGA applied for UN recognition and the happy family threw one of their own under the bus to get the recognition they sought.

I don’t have a bone to pick with either group… I just think advocates from both sides should at least TRY to keep it a little more real, and not make claims or statements they can’t independently support.

After all, what is the real purpose here?

Attempting to resolve an issue - or to give people more reason to argue, more reason to hate?

Just a question.
Mormon Dead Jew Baptisms

Souderton, PA

#851 May 28, 2012
Don-N-Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
I perused....
Shut up, filthy gasbag. You're a common bigot.

You say I crossed the line in calling you names? How about we criminalize you stupid, fundie cretins as you did to glbt people for at least a century in the US? Then the "extremists" on each side will be equivalent to one another. And only then.

In the meantime, anti rational, sexually sick homophobes might want to get used to whining about "being bullied."

sniffle
Mormon Dead Jew Baptisms

Souderton, PA

#852 May 28, 2012
Don-N-Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
NAMBLA....
You ignorant, lying trash, the _overwhelming_ percentage of child sex abuse takes place within the extended nuclear family.

NAMBLA was never more than about fifteen people and a mailing list. No serious person ever wanted all age of consent laws totally done away with, which was that outlier group's stance.

You're bringing up effectively non existent boogeymen from decades ago while ignoring the real site of child sex abuse - because you are a stinking, anti rational, homophobic bigot. Another lier jeebus, no doubt.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#853 May 28, 2012
<quoted text>
Those folks drop the values. Drop them I say and tell ya over here. I gotta say let the primates return to the dark continent and life in its wonder. Taxes, crime, aids, welfare, food stamps, public housing, gang rape, wilding, drive bys, crack, absent dads, affirmative action, head start and cannibalism. So without them the world will be a better place. Even the smell!!
Why are all fundies racists?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 10 min lides 200,625
Ex.-Gov. Douglas' memoir tackles gay marriage veto 11 min Dubya 1
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 13 min The_Box 24,913
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 17 min observer 49,494
Anti-gay speech in Richmond draws scrutiny 25 min jcofe 10
Confronting homophobes 101: Class act lesbian m... (Dec '11) 39 min AJM 13
Gay Marriage and the Limits of Tradition 54 min lides 101
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr lides 55,100
California Takes a Stand Against Gay and Trans ... 1 hr Sneaky Pete 98
Supreme Court: Was gay marriage settled in 1972... 1 hr lides 678
Biggest Gay Lies 1 hr lides 1,754
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE