LGB Servicemembers To Close Out The N...

LGB Servicemembers To Close Out The NY Stock Exchange Trading Day

There are 5 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Jun 17, 2013, titled LGB Servicemembers To Close Out The NY Stock Exchange Trading Day. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

OutServe-SLDN has announced that Lieutenant Josh Seefried, the co-chair of their board of directors, will be joining with a variety of other active duty lesbian and gay servicemembers in order to ring the Closing Bell to end the trading day on the New York Stock Exchange this upcoming 28 June.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Jun 17, 2013
I'm not clear on what this is supposed to signify.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#2 Jun 18, 2013
snyper wrote:
I'm not clear on what this is supposed to signify.
It doesn't signify anything, except perhaps that we are more mainstream now. Ever watched the ringing of the bell at the end of the session? Always some person or group that wants some sort of notoriety. This time it's SLDN, and the next day it will be some other "in" person or group of the moment.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#3 Jun 18, 2013
It's an "honor" bestowed on a daily basis, along with getting to ring the opening bell, handed out by the folk who run the exchange. You get a certificate commemorating the "event", a photograph and if lucky, media attention for why you are supposedly being "honored".

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#4 Jun 18, 2013
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't signify anything, except perhaps that we are more mainstream now. Ever watched the ringing of the bell at the end of the session? Always some person or group that wants some sort of notoriety. This time it's SLDN, and the next day it will be some other "in" person or group of the moment.
After 9-11 they had a NY Fireman ring the bell. I still recall his PHENOMENAL forearms, covered in blond hair, though that was almost 12 years ago. I know it was a tragic circumstance,but that did NOT remove his allure.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#5 Jun 18, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>After 9-11 they had a NY Fireman ring the bell. I still recall his PHENOMENAL forearms, covered in blond hair, though that was almost 12 years ago. I know it was a tragic circumstance,but that did NOT remove his allure.
Yeah, they do have their moments,but it's way to seldom. Usually, I turn off CNBC at that time and turn on the radio.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 7 min Terra Firma 37,234
News Man Accused Of Firing Paintballs At Stockton Ga... 16 min Uncle Festus 47
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 19 min ImFree2Choose 580
News Chicago Reacts to Orlando Shooting 27 min Fa-Foxy 8
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 30 min Dr Wu 889
News Extra security moves honorees to withdraw from ... 46 min Here is what I 4
News Cabinet's Justine Greening reveals 'I'm in a ha... 52 min Here is what I 2
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 12,944
More from around the web