For the first time, a gay pride event...

For the first time, a gay pride event took place without violence in...

There are 8 comments on the St.Petersburg Times story from Jul 27, 2014, titled For the first time, a gay pride event took place without violence in.... In it, St.Petersburg Times reports that:

The scene at the Field of Mars on Sunday was much different than last year's LGBT pride event when demonstrators were arrested and beaten by nationalists and ultra-conservative religious groups.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at St.Petersburg Times.

Corbutt of the Joke

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Jul 27, 2014
The nationalists and ultra conservatives are probably all on the Ukraine border. I hardly think the lack of violence at this one event indicates progress.
Homostats

Las Vegas, NV

#2 Jul 27, 2014
Corbutt of the Joke wrote:
The nationalists and ultra conservatives are probably all on the Ukraine border. I hardly think the lack of violence at this one event indicates progress.
Progress in the world is not determined by how the queers are doing.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#3 Jul 28, 2014
Homostats wrote:
<quoted text>
It's much easier to measure by simply looking at how annoyed and offended you are each day.
Joe Wright

Aiken, SC

#4 Jul 28, 2014
Homostats wrote:
<quoted text>
You know I have seen your comments on glbt stories for a while now.... for someone who hates us so much you sure are fixated on everything queer. There is nothing worse than a homophobic homo.
Belle Sexton

Santa Cruz, CA

#5 Jul 28, 2014
The Field of Mars is ever so much better a venue for "free speech" than a march through the street. Camera and audio surveillance is ever so much cheaper in one location.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#6 Jul 28, 2014
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>It's much easier to measure by simply looking at how annoyed and offended you are each day.
He's mad about gay marriage and civil rights...and has been reduced to venting his frustration on this forum.
Fundies R Mentally Nil

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Jul 28, 2014
Homostats wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, how queers are doing is how you keep time throughout your daily routine.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#8 Jul 29, 2014
Joe Wright wrote:
<quoted text>
You know I have seen your comments on glbt stories for a while now.... for someone who hates us so much you sure are fixated on everything queer. There is nothing worse than a homophobic homo.
Self loathing homosexuals suckered into "pray away the gay" therapy are told to visit gay groups and harass the gays as part of their "therapy". The idea is they can't be gay if they hate gays. That openly hating gays will keep them from acting on their desires to want to have gay sex. Do you think it works?

Pretty sick isn't it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 14 min guest 491
News LGBTQ Activist Cleve Jones: 'I'm Well Aware How... 36 min Well Well 9
Gay oovoo (Dec '12) 37 min lisa crossdress 24
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 1,845
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 2 hr patrol 4,677
News Will Jewish Fight Over Gay 'Conversion Therapy'... 2 hr Dawson 21
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 22,322
News 'Gay cake' appeal decided 3 hr Frankie Rizzo 18
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 11 hr Respect71 42,765
More from around the web