Gay marriage foes mobilize for ban in California

There are 20 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Aug 24, 2008, titled Gay marriage foes mobilize for ban in California. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Michael Bumgarner says he's never campaigned for a political cause before, but his strong opposition to same-sex marriage has prompted him to join thousands of volunteers going door-to-door in support of a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

“SCOTUS will Rule in June for”

Since: Aug 08

MARRIAGE EQUALITY:-)

#53013 Apr 1, 2009
R U Bloggers For Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Check the title again, "Gay marriage foes mobilize for ban in California."
Now try to stay on topic. LOL.
Wow, you the off-topic Queen telling someone else to stay ON TOPIC......LMAO.

The topic is about Same-Sex Couples having the right to marry.

Not The Catholic Church Teachings.

Try to remember this at least a little bit of the time.
R U Bloggers For Real

Novato, CA

#53014 Apr 1, 2009
Rose T-H wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you the off-topic Queen telling someone else to stay ON TOPIC......LMAO.
The topic is about Same-Sex Couples having the right to marry.
Not The Catholic Church Teachings.
Try to remember this at least a little bit of the time.
Not surprisingly, we disagree. I read the heading as being about Gay Marriage Foes.

Get over it! It ain't always about you!

#53015 Apr 1, 2009
<quoted text>
Not surprisingly, we disagree. I read the heading as being about Gay Marriage Foes.
Never said it was......but this forum IS NOT ABOUT YOU OR YOUR F88KING CATHOLIC RELIGION EITHER.

So, GET OVER YOURSELF.

In the last week....this forum has become the DAN AND NATALIE SHOW.

Maybe, you had not noticed this.

You do not have a discussion with ANYONE.

You basically IGNORE ANYBODY'S comments.....EXCEPT those who tend to agree with you.

You NEVER ADMIT TO DOING EXACTLY WHAT DAN AND CURIOUS HAVE stated you do.....which is basically ignore questions or answer them with another question.

Fine......but the TOPIC OF THIS FORUM IS ABOUT GAY MARRIAGE.

If you want to form your own forum that does not have a SPECIFIC TOPIC, then do so.

Otherwise.....STOP MAKING IT ABOUT YOU AND YOUR BELIEFS.

“Every Clock on the wall is now”

Since: Jun 08

where ever I wish it to be.

#53016 Apr 1, 2009
<quoted text>
This forum is very much about her and her wife..
they fight to keep their marriage that people like you say should not be legalized. so yes this is about her, and it is about me and all the other gays and lesbians out there fighting to have the same rights you do as a heterosexual. In reality it is not about your religion, your religion has no bases in this discussion at all... It is your belief system not others. okay you voted on your religious belief systems morals that you up hold, so the f what, your religious beliefs do not get to dictate who I marry. It is not even remotely any of your business who I choose to marry, and again how does Rose and Lee's marriage hurt you, how does them being wife and wife hurt natalie and her life, it does not, and you can not prove that it does. It is just your opinion on a topic... No american citzen should of had the right to vote on who I say is right for me to marry, I did not get to vote on your marriage, so why the f do you get to vote on mine or anyone elses....

#53017 Apr 1, 2009
proud lesbian wrote:
<quoted text>
they fight to keep their marriage that people like you say should not be legalized. so yes this is about her, and it is about me and all the other gays and lesbians out there fighting to have the same rights you do as a heterosexual. In reality it is not about your religion, your religion has no bases in this discussion at all... It is your belief system not others. okay you voted on your religious belief systems morals that you up hold, so the f what, your religious beliefs do not get to dictate who I marry. It is not even remotely any of your business who I choose to marry, and again how does Rose and Lee's marriage hurt you, how does them being wife and wife hurt natalie and her life, it does not, and you can not prove that it does. It is just your opinion on a topic... No american citzen should of had the right to vote on who I say is right for me to marry, I did not get to vote on your marriage, so why the f do you get to vote on mine or anyone elses....
Hey Proud,
Thank You......We are ok and appreciate those who do support every American's Right to marry the person of their choice.

Natalie just does not get it.

It was VERY MUCH HER RIGHT to Strip Gays and Lesbians of their Fundamental Right to Marry the person of their choice.....now she and others don't like the fallout of that vote.

Well.....I say to F88KING BAD. Blacks fought for their rights and NOW WE FIGHT FOR OURS.

It does not matter if they agree with the fight....but NEVERTHELESS it is a fight and I believe one that we will win overall.
G-Ma

Chico, CA

#53018 Apr 1, 2009
Oh silly girl... It is easy to tell that this was in response to your sin rankings. Go back a little further.
<quoted text>
You most certainly are ranking sins.......That's where this entire discourse originated, silly.
Did you forget your original post?
"I am able to see that humans like to believe in different categories of sin when the 'lesser' fits their lifestyle and "worse" sins when they don't impact followers."
So you converted to Catholicism for reasons of peer pressure - so that your kids fit in at their school??? With no preparation required? How deeply spiritual - no wonder you didn't feel a connection.
G-Ma

Chico, CA

#53019 Apr 1, 2009
I read this part of your response and had to laugh at your projections:

"So you converted to Catholicism for reasons of peer pressure - so that your kids fit in at their school??? With no preparation required? How deeply spiritual - no wonder you didn't feel a connection."

Where did peer pressure come from? Why do you assume I didn't study for 4 years before converting? Why do you jump to thinking there was no preparation?

I thought then, and do now, that the teachings, traditions, and rituals of the Catholic church are beautiful. Believe it or not they focused almost solely on the gospels and love of God for new Catholics.

I found the practices to be much different than the teachings. This is why I do not follow the Catholic faith. You believe what you need to believe. I don't want to drown on a raindrop.
<quoted text>
You most certainly are ranking sins.......That's where this entire discourse originated, silly.
Did you forget your original post?
"I am able to see that humans like to believe in different categories of sin when the 'lesser' fits their lifestyle and "worse" sins when they don't impact followers."
So you converted to Catholicism for reasons of peer pressure - so that your kids fit in at their school??? With no preparation required? How deeply spiritual - no wonder you didn't feel a connection.
G-Ma

Chico, CA

#53020 Apr 1, 2009
I'm sorry but I believe you just made a sexual reference! The kind you bash Golem and others for??? Oh yes you did.

Don't get me wrong... it's good to see that you have a human side. But I'd be careful ripping others for such things in the future.

LOL
<quoted text>
Thanks for clarifying "unwelcomely push" you actually mean like something you've repeatedly described via Prop 8's voter initiative - though it wasn't all about religion was it? Just Californian's exercising their right to vote! LOL
Aren't you the one who thinks this is a contest? More times than not you close your posts with "you lose." LOL.
Obviously your Cherries are too blue ........ Get some relief! It may help with your pent up frustration.
G-Ma

Chico, CA

#53021 Apr 1, 2009
And..... we are talking about how arrogant, bigoted, and ignorant those foes are. What's not on topic?
<quoted text>
Check the title again, "Gay marriage foes mobilize for ban in California."
Now try to stay on topic. LOL.
Fly on the wall

Chico, CA

#53027 Apr 1, 2009
TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>And to us, this forum is very much about our fight to keep your perverted lifestyles out of our classrooms and to keep marriage as it was intended. Actually, if you did not vote on other marriages then that was your choice. Each state defines it's age of consent and marriage laws. It is not just about you. Polygamy marriage is illegal. Incest marriage illegal. Pedophilia marriage is illegal. And illegal aliens can not get married here. You must also been mentally competent to marry. Your opinion on these are all based on your belief system.
Frankly, a lot of gays would welcome all these perversions in if it got them what they want.
Fact, is only for a brief insane four months were you allowed to marry. You never had the right or do you think others to foolish to know this?
I don't comment very often, but you have claimed an endless list of things that just aren't true, that I thought it a good time to correct you...not that many others haven't tried!

First, illegal aliens CAN MARRY in this country - idiot. I've attend just such a wedding. If the spouse is a citizen...they CAN AND DO GET MARRIED. This, of course, is a topic that gets most gays and lesbians very upset. It's incredible that an illegal alien can get married in this country and an upstanding, tax paying citizen cannot. Next, your claim to bring incestual marriage up, is just stupid. Incest is illegal...marriage isn't even in the equation. Same goes for pedophilia...dumb comment to even bring up related to marriage. As far a mentally competent...people do it ALL THE TIME. Another insanely illogical statement. Why do you think there are so many hetero divorces, child abuse cases and drugged up parents? You are truly not in touch with reality...but that goes to show much of an expert on this subject you are...NOT. By definition, polygamy is the only reference to marriage that can be brought up in relation to your comments.

As far as my having a perverted lifestyle...I would no more let my child around you than I would fly. You act like a demented, sad, angry little rodent. What the heck did you parent's do to you anyway? I'm not sure how you even walk and chew gum at the same time.

Since: Jan 08

United States

#53028 Apr 1, 2009
TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>And to us, this forum is very much about our fight to keep your perverted lifestyles out of our classrooms and to keep marriage as it was intended. Actually, if you did not vote on other marriages then that was your choice. Each state defines it's age of consent and marriage laws. It is not just about you. Polygamy marriage is illegal. Incest marriage illegal. Pedophilia marriage is illegal. And illegal aliens can not get married here. You must also been mentally competent to marry. Your opinion on these are all based on your belief system.
Frankly, a lot of gays would welcome all these perversions in if it got them what they want.
Fact, is only for a brief insane four months were you allowed to marry. You never had the right or do you think others to foolish to know this?
Your whole agenda is based on YOUR belief system dickwad. You are so blind.

#53029 Apr 1, 2009
TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>Every persons right to marry the person of their choice. SUCH A LIE. Do you support the right of a mother to marry her daughter? Or, the right of a man to marry the four mothers of his children? Maybe, you support the right of an adult to marry a 14 year old? Even simpliar, the right of a 30 year old teacher to marry his 16 year old student, without losing his job, even when the age of consent is 16? Maybe, a gay uncle should be able to marry his adult nephew?
It appears that most gays just want the right to marry and don't care about the rights of others to marry who they chose.
Or, maybe most of you, are just liars.
Truth,
F88K OFF.

Parents are not ALLOWED TO MARRY THEIR CHILDREN.

Now go seek help with your attraction to children

“I can't help myself!!!!”

Since: Nov 08

Whittier, CA

#53031 Apr 1, 2009
Sinners

#53032 Apr 1, 2009
ACLJ-Frank wrote:
Sinners
Jargon

“Every Clock on the wall is now”

Since: Jun 08

where ever I wish it to be.

#53033 Apr 1, 2009
ACLJ-Frank wrote:
Sinners
awwww nice of you to stop by jargon the fornicating preacher..... now go back to your secret gay sex, oh I am sorry I wasn't suppose to spill those beans....:)
R U Bloggers For Real

Novato, CA

#53034 Apr 1, 2009
Rose T-H wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said it was......but this forum IS NOT ABOUT YOU OR YOUR F88KING CATHOLIC RELIGION EITHER.
So, GET OVER YOURSELF.
In the last week....this forum has become the DAN AND NATALIE SHOW.
Maybe, you had not noticed this.
You do not have a discussion with ANYONE.
You basically IGNORE ANYBODY'S comments.....EXCEPT those who tend to agree with you.
You NEVER ADMIT TO DOING EXACTLY WHAT DAN AND CURIOUS HAVE stated you do.....which is basically ignore questions or answer them with another question.
Fine......but the TOPIC OF THIS FORUM IS ABOUT GAY MARRIAGE.
If you want to form your own forum that does not have a SPECIFIC TOPIC, then do so.
Otherwise.....STOP MAKING IT ABOUT YOU AND YOUR BELIEFS.
Sorry you've overlooked the discussions with Joe in Novato and Curious about various belief systems which include both faux marriage and religion.

Was there someone you were hoping to chat with that Dan's repetitive, obsessive banter has preventing you from connecting with?

And this line of yours is is classic: "STOP MAKING IT ABOUT YOU AND YOUR BELIEFS." Why? Because it's drawing attention away from you and yours? lol!
R U Bloggers For Real

Novato, CA

#53035 Apr 1, 2009
G-Ma wrote:
I read this part of your response and had to laugh at your projections:
"So you converted to Catholicism for reasons of peer pressure - so that your kids fit in at their school??? With no preparation required? How deeply spiritual - no wonder you didn't feel a connection."
Where did peer pressure come from? Why do you assume I didn't study for 4 years before converting? Why do you jump to thinking there was no preparation?
I thought then, and do now, that the teachings, traditions, and rituals of the Catholic church are beautiful. Believe it or not they focused almost solely on the gospels and love of God for new Catholics.
I found the practices to be much different than the teachings. This is why I do not follow the Catholic faith. You believe what you need to believe. I don't want to drown on a raindrop.
<quoted text>
"Where did peer pressure come from? Why do you assume I didn't study for 4 years before converting? Why do you jump to thinking there was no preparation?"

The peer pressure of being at a Parochial School where your kids weren't receiving the sacraments.

I assume you hadn't adequately prepared because of your lack of knowledge on Catholic doctrine - from the very basics: The Catholic vs other denomination's variation of the 10 Commandments, mortal vs venial sin or the even the 7 deadly sins - all pretty introductory concepts.
Joe in Novato

Morgan Hill, CA

#53036 Apr 2, 2009
<quoted text>
Wow! What part of abstinence and monogamy are safer than condoms do YOU and scientists disagree with? LOL.
I'm actually stunned and flabergasted at your stupidity. It is nothing short of ignorant to deny the benefits of condoms to prevent the spread of disease!! This is 2009, right? And you STILL don't understand that?

This is not about your lofty values in your little world. You do realize there are HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of people in the world - most of whom do not ascribe to your lofty morals about abstinence or even fidelity?

It is morally reprehensible to NOT PROMOTE THE USE OF CONDOMS for those who choose to have sexual activity - much to your chagrin, I'm sure.

You are a complete moron to not recognize that condoms prevent the spread of disease and the entire world does not ascribe to your lofty moral values.
<quoted text>
......pertaining to your own behavior.
Post # 52707:
"So no Sacrament of Reconciliation for Joe, eh? Maybe start with The Act of Contrition and see if its applicable. Do you just skip over that menu item or maybe its not offered at your lunch counter."
You seem adamant to point out and hold other Catholic's to The Church's standards - and fail to even acknowledge your own malpractice within The Church.
I'll ask again, do you confess your same-sex relations as sin, Joe? It's not a difficult question but one I'm sure you'll distort or dodge.
Explain to me how your question "So no Sacrament of Reconciliation for Joe, eh?" is asking "I'll ask again, do you confess your same-sex relations as sin, Joe?" Are those two the same question?

What I confess is actually nobody's business but my own, correct? Have you never heard of the privacy of the confessional? But, I'll humour you anyway...to answer your question, why would anyone "confess" as sinful who they are as created by God? That's just silly. God created us to live the life he made for us and to live life to the fullest. What should be confessed is when one wastes the life God created them to live.
Joe in Novato

Morgan Hill, CA

#53037 Apr 2, 2009
proud lesbian wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that reply to RU, Proud. It was a great post!
Joe in Novato

Morgan Hill, CA

#53038 Apr 2, 2009
Fly on the wall wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't comment very often, but you have claimed an endless list of things that just aren't true, that I thought it a good time to correct you...not that many others haven't tried!
First, illegal aliens CAN MARRY in this country - idiot. I've attend just such a wedding. If the spouse is a citizen...they CAN AND DO GET MARRIED. This, of course, is a topic that gets most gays and lesbians very upset. It's incredible that an illegal alien can get married in this country and an upstanding, tax paying citizen cannot. Next, your claim to bring incestual marriage up, is just stupid. Incest is illegal...marriage isn't even in the equation. Same goes for pedophilia...dumb comment to even bring up related to marriage. As far a mentally competent...people do it ALL THE TIME. Another insanely illogical statement. Why do you think there are so many hetero divorces, child abuse cases and drugged up parents? You are truly not in touch with reality...but that goes to show much of an expert on this subject you are...NOT. By definition, polygamy is the only reference to marriage that can be brought up in relation to your comments.
As far as my having a perverted lifestyle...I would no more let my child around you than I would fly. You act like a demented, sad, angry little rodent. What the heck did you parent's do to you anyway? I'm not sure how you even walk and chew gum at the same time.
nice post, Fly. Thank you.

Unfortunately UNtruth correlates every perversion out there to the gay community. He can't see how two people of the same gender could possibly desire to share their lives in a committed relationship like every other heterosexual married couple. It's beyond his level of comprehension. He just comes in here to spew filth and stir up trouble. Can you say loser! lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Eugene Robinson: GOP candidates swim against th... 7 min Elizabeth1912 11
News Gay marriage foe's argument seems to leave Supr... 10 min Dan 51
News Phil Robertson, Mike Huckabee, and the Benham b... 11 min Norton 4
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 14 min NorCal Native 59,462
News Why more than 100,000 people have asked TLC to ... 17 min Tazo 7
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 18 min GodSmacked 20,549
News Pediatrician Won't Treat Baby With Lesbian Moms 42 min Wondering 1,313
Are the mods fair and balanced? 6 hr Poof1 812
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 7 hr Just Think 2,355
News Justice Roberts Hints How He Could Justify Voti... 15 hr Lawrence Wolf 83
More from around the web