Delay denied in ruling on Va. gay mar...

Delay denied in ruling on Va. gay marriage ban

There are 8 comments on the WMDT story from Aug 13, 2014, titled Delay denied in ruling on Va. gay marriage ban. In it, WMDT reports that:

A federal appeals court refused Wednesday to delay its ruling striking down Virginia's gay marriage ban, which means that same-sex couples could begin marrying in the state as early as next week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WMDT.

Phyllis Schlafly s Shroud

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Aug 13, 2014
I think the thing for fundamentalists to do in protest is to stop marrying and having children.

Since they've been saying all along that that would be the result of marriage equality....
Currywurst

Dallas, TX

#2 Aug 13, 2014
Phyllis Schlafly s Shroud wrote:
I think the thing for fundamentalists to do in protest is to stop marrying and having children.
I'd settle for them to just stop vvhoring around maybe staying married (for the children).
juls

Bellville, OH

#3 Aug 13, 2014
Currywurst wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd settle for them to just stop vvhoring around maybe staying married (for the children).
I think they should all move to Tenn. and be quarantined from the populations,

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#4 Aug 14, 2014
I think people are reading the 4th Circuit decision too optimistically. The court has delayed its decision for a week, presumably to allow SCOTUS time to weigh in. Based on previous SCOTUS action, the court should probably have stayed the decision itself. Evidently, it didn't wish to saddle itself with that job. As the article points out, there's no reason to imagine that SCOTUS won't follow the path it established in the 8th Circuit. If it doesn't issue the stay, that will provide the strongest possible indication that it has decided to acquiesce marriage equality. Issuing the stay allows it to maintain its contemplative countenance.
Anita Bryant s Jihad

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Aug 14, 2014
juls wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they should all move to Tenn. and be quarantined from the populations,
"TN: The 'Mental Ebola' State."

Catchy, huh? Maybe not so good for tourism, though.
Belle Sexton

Santa Cruz, CA

#6 Aug 14, 2014
Phyllis Schlafly s Shroud wrote:
Since they've been saying all along that that would be the result of marriage equality....
ROFL !!!
Belle Sexton

Santa Cruz, CA

#7 Aug 14, 2014
nhjeff wrote:
I think people are reading the 4th Circuit decision too optimistically. The court has delayed its decision for a week, presumably to allow SCOTUS time to weigh in. Based on previous SCOTUS action, the court should probably have stayed the decision itself. Evidently, it didn't wish to saddle itself with that job. As the article points out, there's no reason to imagine that SCOTUS won't follow the path it established in the 8th Circuit. If it doesn't issue the stay, that will provide the strongest possible indication that it has decided to acquiesce marriage equality. Issuing the stay allows it to maintain its contemplative countenance.
I really like the trend among the Federal judiciary towards a revival and new doctrine inre FF&C.

And to think that little ol' us appear to be instrumental in the revived that almost-dead clause.
Belle Sexton

Santa Cruz, CA

#8 Aug 14, 2014
Anita Bryant s Jihad wrote:
<quoted text>
"TN: The 'Mental Ebola' State."
Catchy, huh? Maybe not so good for tourism, though.
Your first one was great.

The second ... not so much.

REALLY bad taste, to say the least.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UN Says Gays Are Victims of Violent Abuse All O... 3 min Gremlin 6
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 6 min lides 21,892
News UN says gays are victims of violent abuse all o... 8 min Gremlin 4
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 9 min lides 4,705
News Rick Santorum Will Fight The Supreme Court If I... 11 min Fire Wall 106
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 11 min lides 2,674
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 13 min Julie 33,351
News Researcher accused of fraud in gay marriage stu... 2 hr Wondering 80
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 8 hr NoahLovesU 5,783
More from around the web