New Poll: NJ Voters Support Judge's G...

New Poll: NJ Voters Support Judge's Gay Marriage Ruling

There are 7 comments on the EDGE story from Oct 9, 2013, titled New Poll: NJ Voters Support Judge's Gay Marriage Ruling. In it, EDGE reports that:

A new poll found that the majority of New Jersey voters support a recent decision made by a Superior Court judge to legalize same-sex marriage in the state, NJ.com reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

David Traversa

Villa La Angostura, Argentina

#1 Oct 9, 2013
I wish they'd let him do the referendum bit .. I'm sure he'd be in for a great surprise .

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#2 Oct 9, 2013
David Traversa wrote:
I wish they'd let him do the referendum bit .. I'm sure he'd be in for a great surprise .
It's a basic principle. Rights should never have been subjected to a vote of the majority. We will have to appeal to the majority to overturn some of the state constitutional amendments. But where it can be accomplished by other means, we will not by hypocrites.
David Traversa

Villa La Angostura, Argentina

#3 Oct 9, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a basic principle. Rights should never have been subjected to a vote of the majority. We will have to appeal to the majority to overturn some of the state constitutional amendments. But where it can be accomplished by other means, we will not by hypocrites.
Beautifully put ..

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#4 Oct 9, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a basic principle. Rights should never have been subjected to a vote of the majority. We will have to appeal to the majority to overturn some of the state constitutional amendments. But where it can be accomplished by other means, we will not by hypocrites.
I agree. Good post. And how's the weather there ?
David Traversa

Villa La Angostura, Argentina

#5 Oct 9, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Good post. And how's the weather there ?
Warming steadily ..

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#6 Oct 10, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Good post. And how's the weather there ?
Frosty mornings and brisk sunny days. Leaves are beautiful!

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#7 Oct 10, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Frosty mornings and brisk sunny days. Leaves are beautiful!
Temperature plunged suddenly here all the way down into the low 80's.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Twitter Blasts Ex-Google Employee Who Says Bein... 9 min NE Jade 5
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 30 min Respect71 53,705
News Danes charge imam for comparing gays to pedophi... 36 min Mullahing It Over 7
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr RiccardoFire 8,391
News 12-year-old girl comes out to her Mormon congre... 2 hr Rose_NoHo 552
FrEAkY ArCHiVeS 3 hr Medium Stinky 1
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 4 hr neighbor 2,202
News Gay Sex: Two-thirds of Men Aren't Wearing Condoms 4 hr Dennis 11
News School district removes gay students' yearbook ... 4 hr DaveinMass 37
More from around the web