Gay Va. Senator Introduces Legislatio...

Gay Va. Senator Introduces Legislation to Repeal Marriage Ban

There are 13 comments on the EDGE story from Nov 27, 2013, titled Gay Va. Senator Introduces Legislation to Repeal Marriage Ban. In it, EDGE reports that:

Virginia State Senator Adam Ebbin, the first openly gay member of the Virginia General Assembly, introduced legislation to repeal the state constitutional amendment that defines marriage as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#1 Nov 27, 2013
Good thing we have a couple of court cases going in Virginia, because this legislation will obviously go nowhere.

But I do give him credit just for being openly gay in a hate-state below the Manson-Nixon line.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#2 Nov 27, 2013
He's definitely trying to set the campaign agendas for 2014-16.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#4 Nov 27, 2013
snyper wrote:
He's definitely trying to set the campaign agendas for 2014-16.
The campaign agendas for 2014-16 are "CRUSH OBAMACARE. CRUSH THE DEMOCRATS, IMPEACH THE OBAMANIAC !"

:)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#5 Nov 27, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
The campaign agendas for 2014-16 are "CRUSH OBAMACARE. CRUSH THE DEMOCRATS, IMPEACH THE OBAMANIAC !"
:)
Yes. And if anything will stop and tear down the progress of gay liberation, those rallying cries certainly will be the ones to make it happen ... without ever mentioning us once.

Since: Feb 10

Woodstock, Illinois

#6 Nov 28, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
The campaign agendas for 2014-16 are "CRUSH OBAMACARE. CRUSH THE DEMOCRATS, IMPEACH THE OBAMANIAC !"
:)
Yes, Obamacare is unpopular, but the Affordable Health Care Act is doing better in the eyes of the American public. If you could get past the Fox News rhetoric, you would see that the law is well liked when people are informed as to what it does.

You are in bed with people who would rather you didn't exist.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#7 Nov 28, 2013
Ron431 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Obamacare is unpopular, but the Affordable Health Care Act is doing better in the eyes of the American public. If you could get past the Fox News rhetoric, you would see that the law is well liked when people are informed as to what it does.
You are in bed with people who would rather you didn't exist.
As a famous congressman once famously said to The Obamaniac: "You LIE !"

:)
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#8 Nov 28, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
As a famous congressman once famously said to The Obamaniac: "You LIE !"
:)
Do you have affordable health care insurance?
.
Current hospital prices:
.
$109,073 = hip/knee replacement
$72,728 = stroke
$58,014 = heart failure
$55,622 = pneumonia
$53,760 = obstructive pulmonary disease
$34,757 = chest pain

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#9 Nov 28, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have affordable health care insurance?
.
Current hospital prices:
.
$109,073 = hip/knee replacement
$72,728 = stroke
$58,014 = heart failure
$55,622 = pneumonia
$53,760 = obstructive pulmonary disease
$34,757 = chest pain
OBAMACARE is crashing and burning. More than 80 million Americans are going to lose their health insurance because of the Stalinist plan known as OBAMACARE. If the Democrats don't repeal this disaster before the 2014 elections, they're going to get slaughtered at the polls.

Didn't The Obamaniac LIE to the American people and to Congress when he said "If you like yOur health plan, you can keep it. If you like your doctor you can keep him. PERIOD." ?



HE LIES !
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#10 Nov 28, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
OBAMACARE is crashing and burning. More than 80 million Americans are going to lose their health insurance because of the Stalinist plan known as OBAMACARE. If the Democrats don't repeal this disaster before the 2014 elections, they're going to get slaughtered at the polls.
Didn't The Obamaniac LIE to the American people and to Congress when he said "If you like yOur health plan, you can keep it. If you like your doctor you can keep him. PERIOD." ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wfl55GgHr5EXX
HE LIES !
The free enterprise system failed when entrusted to greedy insurance companies
.
The Affordable Health Care Act smoked out the crooked insurance companies; just like it was designed to do
.
80 million Americans were paying good money for worthless insurance policies; causing doctors and hospitals to get stiffed for their services
.
Now Americans are free to purchase a better insurance policy for less money; thanks to the Affordable Health Care Act that was passed by Congress
.
The new insurance policies meet or exceed minimum government requirements and are subsidized until the marketplace stabilizes

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#11 Nov 28, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
The free enterprise system failed when entrusted to greedy insurance companies
.
The Affordable Health Care Act smoked out the crooked insurance companies; just like it was designed to do
.
80 million Americans were paying good money for worthless insurance policies; causing doctors and hospitals to get stiffed for their services
.
Now Americans are free to purchase a better insurance policy for less money; thanks to the Affordable Health Care Act that was passed by Congress
.
The new insurance policies meet or exceed minimum government requirements and are subsidized until the marketplace stabilizes
I see you don't pay attention to current events.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#12 Nov 28, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
OBAMACARE is crashing and burning. More than 80 million Americans are going to lose their health insurance because of the Stalinist plan known as OBAMACARE. If the Democrats don't repeal this disaster before the 2014 elections, they're going to get slaughtered at the polls.
Didn't The Obamaniac LIE to the American people and to Congress when he said "If you like yOur health plan, you can keep it. If you like your doctor you can keep him. PERIOD." ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wfl55GgHr5EXX
HE LIES !
How many centilitres in a hectolitre?

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#13 Nov 29, 2013
Why are you allowing such an obvious troll to hijack a thread about repealing anti-marriage law and turn it into a discussion of the ACA??

Don't feed the trolls.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#14 Nov 29, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
OBAMACARE is crashing and burning. More than 80 million Americans are going to lose their health insurance because of the Stalinist plan known as OBAMACARE. If the Democrats don't repeal this disaster before the 2014 elections, they're going to get slaughtered at the polls.
Didn't The Obamaniac LIE to the American people and to Congress when he said "If you like yOur health plan, you can keep it. If you like your doctor you can keep him. PERIOD." ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wfl55GgHr5EXX
HE LIES !
He got if from a republican. Ever hear of Romneycare?
I wonder what will be mandatory next? Maybe next time GM goes into bankruptcy we'll all have to buy a Chevy or pay a fine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two men caned 83 times at Indonesian mosque for... 7 min Just Think 39
News Ruling: Refusal to print gay pride shirts not d... 12 min wtf 265
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 26 min Frankie Rizzo 25,670
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 38 min Frankie Rizzo 6,161
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 47 min Frankie Rizzo 49,456
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 1 hr guest 1,673
Thanks BIG BOSS MAN 2 hr Rudy 3
News Middle School Gay-Straight Alliance Allowed To ... 5 hr Imprtnrd 41
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 13 hr NE Qbert 69,531
More from around the web