VA Legislators React to Supreme Court Rulings

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

On Wednesday, the Supreme Court issued two decisions. The first one struck down the Defense of Marriage Act , a federal law that does not recognize same sex marriages, ruling it as unconstitutional.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
kray

Lexington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Next the supreme court will say it is unlawfull for parents to stop their young kids from dating a pedifile. Maybe family members will be legal to marry also, maybe it will be legal to marry farm animals?
Virginia Speaks Out

Lovettsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Tim Kaine is all for it......but yest when Kaine was Gov., we wouldn't give back the rights to felons...On one is perfect by all means....Gov. McDonell believes in second chances...
has anyone read what the Bible says, about this....
huck

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

The GOP should just build their wall from Norfolk to Dallas and call it the 'got religion' welfare south.
kray

Lexington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Lilith_Satans_Who_re wrote:
<quoted text>got stupid.... you sure do
Crack ho is back!
Truth

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve. That being said we all sin and should allow for repentance and change and love those who defy the laws of nature.
Get Real

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

huck wrote:
The GOP should just build their wall from Norfolk to Dallas and call it the 'got religion' welfare south.
If we build it, can we keep liberals out permenantly, or will you invade again when you see how good we have it, and steal our riches?
hondacivic

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
If we build it, can we keep liberals out permenantly, or will you invade again when you see how good we have it, and steal our riches?
As long as you promise to stay in and don't round up people to turn into slaves.
Get Real

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

hondacivic wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as you promise to stay in and don't round up people to turn into slaves.
Don't think that'd be needed...plenty of folks want to come here from south of the border to work, instead of mooch off society.
hondacivic

Staunton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't think that'd be needed...plenty of folks want to come here from south of the border to work, instead of mooch off society.
Of course. Just how the GOP loves it. To exploit workers with below minimum wage. All in the name of profit.
Get Real

Orange, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

hondacivic wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. Just how the GOP loves it. To exploit workers with below minimum wage. All in the name of profit.
It should be whatever the market will bear...if people won't work for a low wage, the wages would increase. However, I didn't say anything about min wage, soooo maybe you're just a little intolerant? I'd be interested to find out if there are any rich, liberal people that pay less than min wage...if only there was an example or ten (there's sarcasm in that remark in case you can't tell)
hondacivic

Staunton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
It should be whatever the market will bear...if people won't work for a low wage, the wages would increase. However, I didn't say anything about min wage, soooo maybe you're just a little intolerant? I'd be interested to find out if there are any rich, liberal people that pay less than min wage...if only there was an example or ten (there's sarcasm in that remark in case you can't tell)
I meant what I said. There probably is ten examples. Look at the GOP. They hate unions, minimum wage, and OSHA. They have voted to do away with the definition of a work week of 40 hours. This way, companies can get out of paying overtime. I don't see liberals pushing for these. It is the GOP. They want to get rid of all protections for workers. Don't say they don't. We know how much they love regulations.
Get Real

Orange, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

hondacivic wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant what I said. There probably is ten examples. Look at the GOP. They hate unions, minimum wage, and OSHA. They have voted to do away with the definition of a work week of 40 hours. This way, companies can get out of paying overtime. I don't see liberals pushing for these. It is the GOP. They want to get rid of all protections for workers. Don't say they don't. We know how much they love regulations.
It's all about balance....too many on the extremes in both parties have taken over
hondacivic

Staunton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all about balance....too many on the extremes in both parties have taken over
I can agree with that point.
Truth

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

kray wrote:
Next the supreme court will say it is unlawfull for parents to stop their young kids from dating a pedifile. Maybe family members will be legal to marry also, maybe it will be legal to marry farm animals?
Kray, your comment is completely stupid and idiotic. Parents are allowed to keep their child from dating a pedophile (which you obviously are unable to spell) if they want; in fact, parents can keep their kids from dating anyone until their child reaches consenting age. As for incestuous marriage, marriage is only recognized between two people who are unrelated to each other, as marriage is the sharing of wealth and assets, and it would be useless to do that in a family, since all the wealth and assets are pretty much already shared. And as for marrying a farm animal, well, that's just impossible, because farm animals are unable to consent to marriage or sign a marriage license. You might not like gay marriage, but that doesn't make bans on gay marriage constitutional.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

46 Users are viewing the Gay/Lesbian Forum right now

Search the Gay/Lesbian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Chick-fil-A Vallejo Location Faces Opposition 3 min Christaliban 103
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 5 min Bruno 52,024
Southwestern Christian University Expels Studen... 7 min Christaliban 277
Dr. Nikolas Chugay :: Plastic Surgeon and LGBTQ... 13 min Christaliban 16
Gov. Beshear hires Ashland firm in gay marriage... 14 min Samuel 34
BBQ worker discusses Obama's reaction to sex jo... 16 min Christaliban 18
DOJ Set to Fight Gay-Marriage Bans in Supreme C... 17 min Christaliban 402
CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple We... (Dec '13) 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 15,898
Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage 4 hr Frankie Rizzo 2,440
•••
•••