Gay head priest shows how far Canadia...

Gay head priest shows how far Canadian military has come

There are 15 comments on the The Toronto Star story from Sep 16, 2013, titled Gay head priest shows how far Canadian military has come. In it, The Toronto Star reports that:

In his new job as head chaplain in the military, Brig.-Gen. John Fletcher will be overseeing the religious needs of Canada's troops, shoring up what the Defence Department calls its chaplaincy's “inclusive, welcoming culture.” As an openly gay member of the military and Anglican priest for more than two decades, it's an environment ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Toronto Star.

Since: Jul 09

Indy/Philly/Toronto

#1 Sep 16, 2013
That's what I love about living here ...
What matters is who you are ... not what you are.
You see it in society, the law, religion and politics, which are all kept rightfully separated.
Gerald

Dallas, TX

#2 Sep 16, 2013
Can you imagine how many little boys this priest has molested over the years? Sickening, just sickening.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#3 Sep 16, 2013
Gerald wrote:
Can you imagine how many little boys this priest has molested over the years? Sickening, just sickening.
Why don't you ask your teenage bride?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#5 Sep 16, 2013
Gerald wrote:
We can imagine how many YOU have.

That doesn't make it so, does it.

Smearing someone by baseless innuendo is CALUMNY.

http://catholicism.about.com/od/Catholic-Dict...

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

Regina

#6 Sep 16, 2013
Gerald wrote:
Brig.-Gen. Fletcher is a career man. Maybe the US has gotten so desperate that they're recruiting and drafting prepubescent boys but the Canadian army isn't.

“Seriously guys...”

Regina

#7 Sep 16, 2013
Gator Bait wrote:
<quoted text>
His 19 yr old bride is a sweetie.
Well wish him a Happy 10th Anniversary for us, will you?

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#8 Sep 16, 2013
mark in Toronto wrote:
That's what I love about living here ...
What matters is who you are ... not what you are.
You see it in society, the law, religion and politics, which are all kept rightfully separated.
Your military isn't even large enough, nor strong enough, to guard your own borders or country (which is 98% snow anyways).

Hence, you depend on the U.S. for your "umbrella" of military protection.

Although you are one of the largest (by land and sea area) countries in the world, you have less than 70,000 military personnel, which ranks you 56th in the world. Your navy has only about 30 ships, and your air force has about 7 planes.

Singapore, Nepal, and Angola each have a larger military establishment than you do !

“Seriously guys...”

Regina

#10 Sep 16, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Your military isn't even large enough, nor strong enough, to guard your own borders or country (which is 98% snow anyways).
Hence, you depend on the U.S. for your "umbrella" of military protection.
Although you are one of the largest (by land and sea area) countries in the world, you have less than 70,000 military personnel, which ranks you 56th in the world. Your navy has only about 30 ships, and your air force has about 7 planes.
Singapore, Nepal, and Angola each have a larger military establishment than you do !
Uhh, that dependence goes both ways. The US has had preferred access to ALL of Canada's natural resources. We were your largest supplier of uranium for decades, and that includes your own, tiny domestic output, until the fall of the Soviet Union. Now it's about 50/50 between Canada and Russia.
We are your largest supplier of oil. We are your largest supplier of various other natural resources. All of which you have access to without worry of having to invest troops in country to keep the supplies secure.
Face it, your military strength is due, in part, to Canadian resources.
It was a trade-off agreement that basically started with the Dew Line.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#11 Sep 16, 2013
Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhh, that dependence goes both ways. The US has had preferred access to ALL of Canada's natural resources. We were your largest supplier of uranium for decades, and that includes your own, tiny domestic output, until the fall of the Soviet Union. Now it's about 50/50 between Canada and Russia.
We are your largest supplier of oil. We are your largest supplier of various other natural resources. All of which you have access to without worry of having to invest troops in country to keep the supplies secure.
Face it, your military strength is due, in part, to Canadian resources.
It was a trade-off agreement that basically started with the Dew Line.
General Jack D. Ripper may want to argue that point with you.

<g>

“Seriously guys...”

Regina

#13 Sep 17, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
General Jack D. Ripper may want to argue that point with you.
<g>
Well gee, instead of invoking an appeal to authority from someone I never herd of, why don't you argue his point for him?

Come to think of it, what the hell did your original post have to do with the thread title anyway?

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#14 Sep 17, 2013
Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
Well gee, instead of invoking an appeal to authority from someone I never herd of, why don't you argue his point for him?
Come to think of it, what the hell did your original post have to do with the thread title anyway?
I put a "<g>" there. Look up "General Jack D. Ripper" (you dope).

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#15 Sep 17, 2013
Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
Usually nothing at all.

That's just "Foxy". He's developmentally impaired.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#16 Sep 17, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Usually nothing at all.
That's just "Foxy". He's developmentally impaired.
YOU don't know who General Jack D. Ripper is either ?!
Cong

Sydney, Australia

#17 Sep 17, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU don't know who General Jack D. Ripper is either ?!
You make me melt, I want you so bad!!
Brit Expat

Clarensac, France

#18 Sep 18, 2013
Russell, the Canadian gay, goes into the doctor's office and has some tests run.

The doctor comes back and says,'Russell, I'm not going to beat around the bush. You have AIDS.'

Russell is devastated.'Doc, what can I do?'

'Eat 1 curry sausage,
1 head of Cabbage,
20 unpeeled carrots drenched in hot sauce,
10 Jalapeno Peppers,
40 walnuts and 40 peanuts,
1/2 box Of All Bran,
And top it off with a litre of prune juice..'

Russell asks bewildered,'Will that cure me, Doc?'

Doc says 'No, but it should leave you with a better understanding of what your arse is for.'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 13 min guest 1,021
News Washington court rules against florist in gay w... 43 min Retribution 38
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 1 hr Just Think 36,044
News Scott Lively Calls On Trump To Ban Gays From In... 4 hr Shirvell s Shrivel 1
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 hr River Tam 44,894
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 5 hr Constitution 101 24,709
News Tennessee Lawmakers Filing Anti-Gay Marriage Bi... 6 hr Shirvell s Shrivel 8
More from around the web