Obama Announces Full Support for Gay ...

Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage

There are 26163 comments on the politix.topix.com story from May 9, 2012, titled Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage. In it, politix.topix.com reports that:

It's a historic day for gay rights activists: Obama has just announced his support for gay marriage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at politix.topix.com.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#14214 Jul 22, 2012
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Woody
Perhaps I didn't communicate my point clearly. Two men, and/or two women are not going to interact as would a man, and a woman. The institution of marriage is built on the m/f relationship. SSM is a virtual recent invention. There's no deep, historical, cultural, traditional, religious, etc. same sex marriage institution. Thus one has to be developed as time passes.
Same sex relationships are as old as humans.

St. Croix valley

#14215 Jul 22, 2012
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Same sex sexual behavior is not new. Attatching a gay/homosexual identity to it is new. Did the Greeks or Romans put rainbow bumper stickers on their chariots?
the new name didn't change the behaviour or the fact taht it is a normal part of the human race. No new identitiy has been attached, just more openess about it.

St. Croix valley

#14216 Jul 22, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
UGH you looooove arguing, huh?
Again, I never said that a church has EVER had to, or has been forced to, marry anyone, dipshit. It was a hypothetical scenario, depending on the "what if" churches are forced (in the future) to marry gays, but refuse to.
You're a bumbling idiot - I'm NOT repeating that again.
which is why i pointed out that document called the constitution to you. it won't ever be a 'what if'.

If you have to invent scenarios, that have already been proven to not come true where SSM has been legal for some time now, you have no argument at all.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#14217 Jul 22, 2012
Lililth_Satans_Wh_ore wrote:
<quoted text>only a morazz would be a cathardo
What..... and how old are you? Don't even try to justify your statement?

St. Croix valley

#14218 Jul 22, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was a "member" of your beloved LGBT cult, I'd be calling RACISM, you called me a cracker...
Funny lil boi
Boi? Are you in the third grade?

you are very poor at making assumptions. this is why when you stray from the facts, your posts are idiotic.
John

Elk Grove Village, IL

#14219 Jul 22, 2012
Just because the gene pool produces defects does not mean it is a healthy or prominent American lifestyle. I try not to think about what they actually do with each others body parts. A revolting thought at best.
The g's should stay in their closets and stop the push to make the lifestyle seem normal.
Big Bad John Roberts

Chapin, SC

#14220 Jul 22, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>What..... and how old are you? Don't even try to justify your statement?
Yo' afterbirth, the fact that your monkey azz was born is a disservice to even low life klan monkeys. If you don't like what I posted, rent a pair of steel balls and get back to me.
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Big Bad John Roberts

Chapin, SC

#14221 Jul 22, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Its our guess, your second statement is very correct, in an 'odd' sort of way?
Still have trouble with the King's English, though we see? What kind of a backwoods skool did you attend?
Evidently Catholic teaching went flying over your head also? Better go back and study Catholic teaching again?
Yo' afterbirth, the fact that you say someone else having backwoods education is a hell of a lot more than your dumbazz has ever gotten. Funny part is, your ignorant monkey azz is from the backwoods.
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!

St. Croix valley

#14222 Jul 22, 2012
John wrote:
Just because the gene pool produces defects does not mean it is a healthy or prominent American lifestyle. I try not to think about what they actually do with each others body parts. A revolting thought at best.
The g's should stay in their closets and stop the push to make the lifestyle seem normal.
Just because your genetic defect isn't so bad you are still able to type, does not mean you are worth listening to...

it would seem you are very interested in what they do with each others' bodies. most normal people don't fixate on it like you do.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#14223 Jul 22, 2012
John wrote:
perhaps you're right... Hey can we do the same with fat smelly people? Maybe even skinny dorks and midgets? Such revolting imagery of those people having sex. Oh! Oh! And hairy Mexicans to!!!

St. Croix valley

#14224 Jul 22, 2012
Rogue Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
perhaps you're right... Hey can we do the same with fat smelly people? Maybe even skinny dorks and midgets? Such revolting imagery of those people having sex. Oh! Oh! And hairy Mexicans to!!!
Adios Mio! Smeone get them some Nair and some workd visas...

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#14225 Jul 22, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i don't know. Because we have no laws set up for it?
In a way we do. One man, one ex-wife w/two kids, one current wife also with two kids, he's the biological father of all four. Each has a legal status in relationship to him. I thought read somewhere that there are polygamists who marry, divorce, and remarry, so that each wife/exwife will have some form of legal recognition.

St. Croix valley

#14226 Jul 22, 2012
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
In a way we do. One man, one ex-wife w/two kids, one current wife also with two kids, he's the biological father of all four. Each has a legal status in relationship to him. I thought read somewhere that there are polygamists who marry, divorce, and remarry, so that each wife/exwife will have some form of legal recognition.
yet the ex wives do not have the same legal ties to the current wife. Nice try, but you'll still have to keep your many wives in the dark for now. probably safer for you anyway...

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#14227 Jul 22, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did they have to? or did they not do so because bumper stickers didn't exist in the day? And just because they didn't have some symbol to identify with.......didn't make them any less who they were, right?
Rose, mi amica

I knew you'd miss me. I do not believe modern concepts, values, norms, cultural beliefs, etc. can be, or should be projected into the past, regardless of the situation, or issue. The same hold true with the ssm. I've said in numerous posts same sex sexual behavior is not new. Various societies scattered throughout time and place have accepted and/or tolerated it. Some of those have even recognized same sex relationships, although that doesn't automatically mean they wete accepted as "marriage", and/or were on par with opposite sex marriage. SSM is a relatively recent, Western, creation. So is the idea of a "gay/lesbian/homosexual " identity. We need to keep that in mind when viewing the past.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#14228 Jul 22, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet the ex wives do not have the same legal ties to the current wife. Nice try, but you'll still have to keep your many wives in the dark for now. probably safer for you anyway...
Cute. Thanks for the laugh. I didn't say they had the same legal status, just that had a legal status in relation to the husband.

St. Croix valley

#14229 Jul 22, 2012
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, mi amica
I knew you'd miss me. I do not believe modern concepts, values, norms, cultural beliefs, etc. can be, or should be projected into the past, regardless of the situation, or issue. The same hold true with the ssm. I've said in numerous posts same sex sexual behavior is not new. Various societies scattered throughout time and place have accepted and/or tolerated it. Some of those have even recognized same sex relationships, although that doesn't automatically mean they wete accepted as "marriage", and/or were on par with opposite sex marriage. SSM is a relatively recent, Western, creation. So is the idea of a "gay/lesbian/homosexual " identity. We need to keep that in mind when viewing the past.
You are incorrect about the gay identity. it is not something new. how many times do you need to be told?

St. Croix valley

#14230 Jul 22, 2012
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Cute. Thanks for the laugh. I didn't say they had the same legal status, just that had a legal status in relation to the husband.
so it is not anything like polygamy. thanks for clearing that up.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#14231 Jul 22, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Adios Mio! Smeone get them some Nair and some workd visas...
lol

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#14232 Jul 22, 2012
John wrote:
Just because the gene pool produces defects does not mean it is a healthy or prominent American lifestyle.
But enough talking about you. We were discussing same-sex marriage. Let's go back to that.

“It's a bathroom”

Since: Jul 07

Get over it, already

#14233 Jul 22, 2012
John wrote:
You're confusing our demand for equal rights as a desire to be seen as normal. These are two distinct things. Frankly, you'd honor me if you would never consider me anything close to "normal". Why would I want to be like you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 14 min Terra Firma 46,410
News Why does the Texas criminal code still ban "hom... 19 min NE Jade 37
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 46 min Truth 25,319
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 48 min Truth 5,415
News Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) 1 hr Junket 217,521
News 'Reading a book can't turn you gay,' say author... 1 hr Rev Cash Dollar 125
News 2nd Circuit allows sex bias suit based on gay s... 1 hr Rev Cash Dollar 6
More from around the web