Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage

May 9, 2012 Full story: politix.topix.com 26,178

It's a historic day for gay rights activists: Obama has just announced his support for gay marriage.

Full Story

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#26738 Jan 30, 2013
What aspect of polygamy is illegal?
Is it illegal for a man to father several children out of wedlock?
Is illegal for a man to be intimate with several women?
Is it illegal for a man to cohabitate with several women?
Is the only "illegal" part in that he refers to several women as his wives, and they inturn refer to him as their husband?
cpeter1313 wrote:
Bigamy, fucwit. in some states, both bigamy AND polygamy are illegal.
<quoted text>
Hellllooooooo.....McFly...ya didn't answer the questions. Try again....go on...you can do it....it won't hurt.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#26739 Jan 30, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
as you are able to understand them...
which is not at all...
face it, you are a moron...
You can't even remeber what you write. And when confronted with the actual posts, you start squalling about context.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#26740 Jan 30, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
That legal kinship is based on the union of male and female as husband and wife, is it not? Marriage creates legal kinship between a male and a female.
It also creates kinship between a male&male and a female&female.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#26741 Jan 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are against equality for polygamy because it is presently illegal?
Same sex marriage is presently effectively illegal in most states. You won't go to jail for it, but you cannot legally do it. Should same sex marriage stay illegal in those states because it is presently illegal?
Not true, Frankie. Any gay couple can go to New York, or Massachusetts and get married. It's not illegal, it's just not recognized by their home State. Polygamists cannot get married in ANY State because it is illegal. DUH! So stop saying it's the same thing. It's not.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#26742 Jan 30, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
Is the only "illegal" part in that he refers to several women as his wives, and they inturn refer to him as their husband?
<quoted text>
Hellllooooooo.....McFly...ya didn't answer the questions. Try again....go on...you can do it....it won't hurt.
If a man attempts to obtain legal recognition of more than one wife at a time, he is guilty of bigamy. It has NOTHING to do with children out of wedlock, or cohabitation, or sex. They can call each other whatever they like husband, wife, loser #2, loser #3.... no one cares. What makes it a crime is if they seek legal recognition.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#26743 Jan 30, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that the government wants to limit marriage to two individuals because of the legal issues involving next of kin, benefits, insurance, taxes, etc., otherwise a person could have multiple spouses receiving all of these benefits basically under false pretenses. It's possible that someone could love two people equally, but marriage involves a complete commitment of one person to another, and anything else could give rise to a scam in which someone gets "married" just for the benefits. If the number of spouses one can have is unlimited it becomes a legal nightmare. Under the premises of polygamy and polyandry, we could all conceivably be married to one another and that -- unlike two men or two women being married to one another -- really makes a mockery of marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#26744 Jan 30, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true, Frankie. Any gay couple can go to New York, or Massachusetts and get married. It's not illegal, it's just not recognized by their home State. Polygamists cannot get married in ANY State because it is illegal. DUH! So stop saying it's the same thing. It's not.
We know poly is illegal, miss thing. My question to you is why do you agree so wholeheartedly that it should be. It's a simple question you'll do anything to avoid answering.

Stop telling me poly should be illegal because it's illegal. And start telling me why it's illegal.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#26745 Jan 30, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>If a man attempts to obtain legal recognition of more than one wife at a time, he is guilty of bigamy. It has NOTHING to do with children out of wedlock, or cohabitation, or sex. They can call each other whatever they like husband, wife, loser #2, loser #3.... no one cares. What makes it a crime is if they seek legal recognition.
There is a difference between polygamy and bigamy. All bigamists are polygamists but NOT ALL POLYGAMISTS ARE BIGAMISTS.

You are against poly because you are ignorant. And a bigot. Which also makes you a hypocrite! Just like those you rail against.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#26746 Jan 30, 2013
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that the government wants to limit marriage to two individuals because of the legal issues involving next of kin, benefits, insurance, taxes, etc., otherwise a person could have multiple spouses receiving all of these benefits basically under false pretenses. It's possible that someone could love two people equally, but marriage involves a complete commitment of one person to another, and anything else could give rise to a scam in which someone gets "married" just for the benefits. If the number of spouses one can have is unlimited it becomes a legal nightmare. Under the premises of polygamy and polyandry, we could all conceivably be married to one another and that -- unlike two men or two women being married to one another -- really makes a mockery of marriage.
Your worries of everyone married to each other or someone having 50 wives are unfounded, it simply won't happen.

And if it did it would be extremely rare and cause you no harm anyway. Polygamy limits itself. Who loves, wants or can afford 100 husbands? Your argument is no better than the marry your dog one against same sex marriage.

Your claim that polygamy makes a mockery of marriage is as bad as the one about same sex marriage makes a mockery of marriage.

Open your mind Jupey! Share the love!
Obama

Denver, CO

#26747 Jan 30, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I hope you two will be very happy together.
<quoted text>
Thanks, we're registered at K Mart.
Obama

Denver, CO

#26748 Jan 30, 2013
Ouch, I just sat on a dik

“Alley Cat Blues”

Location hidden

#26749 Jan 31, 2013
Obama wrote:
Ouch, I just sat on a dik
How long did it take you to get off?

“Alley Cat Blues”

Location hidden

#26750 Jan 31, 2013
Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, we're registered at K Mart.
That's a step up for you.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#26751 Jan 31, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>If a man attempts to obtain legal recognition of more than one wife at a time, he is guilty of bigamy. It has NOTHING to do with children out of wedlock, or cohabitation, or sex. They can call each other whatever they like husband, wife, loser #2, loser #3.... no one cares. What makes it a crime is if they seek legal recognition.
So none of that is illegal? If a child is born into a "spiritual marriage", is it still considered to be born out of wedlock?

Why did, or still does, the Brown family face prosecution in Utah?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#26752 Jan 31, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually a gay couple can marry in any state in the union, and have it recognized in ALL fifty states......provided the couple is of the opposite sex.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#26753 Jan 31, 2013

At what point is polygamy illegal?
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>

“Alley Cat Blues”

Location hidden

#26754 Jan 31, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
It is illegal when someone is already married and fraudulently marries someone else.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#26755 Jan 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
We know poly is illegal, miss thing. My question to you is why do you agree so wholeheartedly that it should be. It's a simple question you'll do anything to avoid answering.
Stop telling me poly should be illegal because it's illegal. And start telling me why it's illegal.
Start your own thread about polygamy. I'm not interested.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#26756 Jan 31, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually a gay couple can marry in any state in the union, and have it recognized in ALL fifty states......provided the couple is of the opposite sex.
Really? You're really going to try that stupid argument?.... shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#26757 Jan 31, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't like my first answer, eh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 13 min Static Charge 26,599
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 19 min Cowobunga 201,150
Jindal defends January prayer rally at LSU campus 58 min Hooogle It 5
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 1 hr Phyllis Schlafly ... 2,791
Op-ed: My Lesbian Moms Saved My Life 1 hr Phyllis Schlafly ... 3
Will the Supreme Court End Gay Marriage as an E... 2 hr WasteWater 434
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr KiMerde 5,267
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 4 hr Mikey 4,941
Why (R1) Righteous One is a POS (Dec '12) 4 hr Frankie Rizzo 74
More from around the web