Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage

May 9, 2012 Full story: politix.topix.com 26,169

It's a historic day for gay rights activists: Obama has just announced his support for gay marriage.

Read more

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#26749 Jan 31, 2013
Obama wrote:
Ouch, I just sat on a dik
How long did it take you to get off?

“Alley Cat Blues”

Location hidden

#26750 Jan 31, 2013
Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, we're registered at K Mart.
That's a step up for you.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#26751 Jan 31, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>If a man attempts to obtain legal recognition of more than one wife at a time, he is guilty of bigamy. It has NOTHING to do with children out of wedlock, or cohabitation, or sex. They can call each other whatever they like husband, wife, loser #2, loser #3.... no one cares. What makes it a crime is if they seek legal recognition.
So none of that is illegal? If a child is born into a "spiritual marriage", is it still considered to be born out of wedlock?

Why did, or still does, the Brown family face prosecution in Utah?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#26752 Jan 31, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true, Frankie. Any gay couple can go to New York, or Massachusetts and get married. It's not illegal, it's just not recognized by their home State. Polygamists cannot get married in ANY State because it is illegal. DUH! So stop saying it's the same thing. It's not.
Actually a gay couple can marry in any state in the union, and have it recognized in ALL fifty states......provided the couple is of the opposite sex.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#26753 Jan 31, 2013
What aspect of polygamy is illegal?
Is it illegal for a man to father several children out of wedlock?
Is illegal for a man to be intimate with several women?
Is it illegal for a man to cohabitate with several women?
Is the only "illegal" part in that he refers to several women as his wives, and they inturn refer to him as their husband?

At what point is polygamy illegal?
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that the government wants to limit marriage to two individuals because of the legal issues involving next of kin, benefits, insurance, taxes, etc., otherwise a person could have multiple spouses receiving all of these benefits basically under false pretenses. It's possible that someone could love two people equally, but marriage involves a complete commitment of one person to another, and anything else could give rise to a scam in which someone gets "married" just for the benefits. If the number of spouses one can have is unlimited it becomes a legal nightmare. Under the premises of polygamy and polyandry, we could all conceivably be married to one another and that -- unlike two men or two women being married to one another -- really makes a mockery of marriage.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Location hidden

#26754 Jan 31, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
Is the only "illegal" part in that he refers to several women as his wives, and they inturn refer to him as their husband?
<quoted text>
It is illegal when someone is already married and fraudulently marries someone else.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#26755 Jan 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
We know poly is illegal, miss thing. My question to you is why do you agree so wholeheartedly that it should be. It's a simple question you'll do anything to avoid answering.
Stop telling me poly should be illegal because it's illegal. And start telling me why it's illegal.
Start your own thread about polygamy. I'm not interested.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#26756 Jan 31, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually a gay couple can marry in any state in the union, and have it recognized in ALL fifty states......provided the couple is of the opposite sex.
Really? You're really going to try that stupid argument?.... shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#26757 Jan 31, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't like my first answer, eh?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#26758 Jan 31, 2013
My answer was to your first question, which obviated the other ones, idiot.

Referring to several women as your wives isn't illegal--trying to hold concurrent marriage licenses is, or pretending that a non-licensed spouse is licensed in legal or business matters is--it's called fraud.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Hellllooooooo.....McFly...ya didn't answer the questions. Try again....go on...you can do it....it won't hurt.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#26759 Jan 31, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Start your own thread about polygamy. I'm not interested.
Start your own thread about reading comprehension. Or arithmetic. Or "lubs you some Betty White"!

What a dummy!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#26760 Jan 31, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Really? You're really going to try that stupid argument?.... shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Are you stating its not factual?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#26761 Jan 31, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't like my first answer, eh?
It lacked something.....hmmmmmm...oh I know...an intelligent corresponding response to the questions.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#26762 Jan 31, 2013
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
It is illegal when someone is already married and fraudulently marries someone else.
In the case of the Brown family, all four marriages are "spiritual marriages", only one is legally recognized. So are the non legal spiritual marriages, fraudulent?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#26763 Jan 31, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you stating its not factual?
...yawn...
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#26764 Jan 31, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
It lacked something.....hmmmmmm...oh I know...an intelligent corresponding response to the questions.
The questions were irrelevant to begin with.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#26765 Jan 31, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
In the case of the Brown family, all four marriages are "spiritual marriages", only one is legally recognized. So are the non legal spiritual marriages, fraudulent?
What kind of dumbass question is that?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#26766 Jan 31, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text> What kind of dumbass question is that?
The kind one uses when posing it to a dumb ass like yourself. Or would u prefer to be called chooch?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#26767 Jan 31, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
The kind one uses when posing it to a dumb ass like yourself. Or would u prefer to be called chooch?
He'd like that.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#26768 Jan 31, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
"So are the non legal spiritual marriages, fraudulent?"

I really do not understand the question. What is fraudulent about something that is non-legal to begin with? Spiritual amrriages? Huh? That can mean anything you want it to mean. Is Obama supporting non-legal spiritual marriage for same sex couples?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Hoosier Nuremberg Laws 4 min for sure 26
News Indiana religious objections law slammed on soc... 4 min barefoot2626 75
News Pence: 'Not going to change' religious freedom law 7 min for sure 5
News Child of Lesbian Moms Says Same-Sex Marriage Is... 8 min Cujo 564
News Pence's struggles illustrate gay rights challen... 10 min for sure 11
News Apple's Tim Cook: Anti-gay laws are 'dangerous' 13 min Cordwainer Trout 4
News Federal judge won't stay order in Alabama gay-m... 14 min Fa-Foxy 117
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 29 min doty 58,870
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 36 min Frankie Rizzo 17,797
News Pediatrician Won't Treat Baby With Lesbian Moms 54 min WeTheSheeple 759
News Indiana's Religious 'Anti-Gay' Law That Wasn't 1 hr Scoma Coma 24
More from around the web