Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage

May 9, 2012 Full story: politix.topix.com 26,178

It's a historic day for gay rights activists: Obama has just announced his support for gay marriage.

Full Story

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#26151 Jan 21, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Including your dopey comments. And you.
Oh yea? Up yours tosser!!!!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#26152 Jan 21, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yea? Up yours tosser!!!!
Exit only! Except for my silly Chinese doctor's slim finger once a year! And he doesn't even buy me dinner. Sends me a bill!

Hi toots! Love ya silly! How they not hangin' tonight?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#26153 Jan 21, 2013
Mrs-Whitewater wrote:
<quoted text>
and most of those in opposition to equality in marriage argue that every single couple are and should only get married to procreate.
Who is arguing that the husband and wife are not equal? That they are both not needed equally to have a valid marital relationship?

Not every OSC needs to procreate or should in order to marry. There will always be those that don't. I don't need to tell you that sex, aka coital intercourse, between men and women, makes babies. Is it not in the best interest of the state that sex, and its natural consequence, conception occur within the conjugal marital relationship?
In a world that is already failing because we humans have over populated it, why make laws that married couples must have offspring?
What state requires a married couple to procreate? Perhaps SSM is a form of birth control?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#26154 Jan 21, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
The civil marriage is a contract between two individuals recorded before an administrative judge at the court house. Everything else is completely irrelevant.
I see oh Wonderful, Wise, and Witty Wizard of Waste Water. Why does marriage exist in the first place?

Location hidden

#26155 Jan 21, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I see oh Wonderful, Wise, and Witty Wizard of Waste Water. Why does marriage exist in the first place?
Who cares? I'm only interested in the part that provides equal protection of our laws as defined in the Constitution.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#26156 Jan 21, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Since there is no definitive answer, what is yours?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#26157 Jan 21, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares? I'm only interested in the part that provides equal protection of our laws as defined in the Constitution.
Which means what exactly? The laws governing marriage apply to all men and women equally.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#26158 Jan 21, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Since there is no definitive answer, what is yours?
Synper

Think about it. What is the one universal cross time, cross cultural, central feature of marriage? Male female relationship. Why....that's easy....sex makes babies. Marriage has either been one man one wife, or one many wives. If SSM is such a hot idea, why didn't it develop along side OSM? Same sex sexual behavior isn't new....so why no deep rooted SSM across time and place?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#26159 Jan 21, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exit only! Except for my silly Chinese doctor's slim finger once a year! And he doesn't even buy me dinner. Sends me a bill!
Hi toots! Love ya silly! How they not hangin' tonight?
Funny stuff...didn't quite get Wastey's "tosser" dig until I read this.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#26160 Jan 22, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Not hard to figure out there Doo Doo. Either marriage is understood to mean a legally, culturally, historically, and/or rekiguous union of husband and wife orientated around the procreative aspect of that union for the stability and greater good of their children, and thus society as a WHOLE, or it means what ever any combination of adults mean it to be. Thus it loses its fundamental meaning. Why do SSMers get to redefine marriage for a few, but no one else gets to redefine it to fit their view of marriage?
It loses its fundamental meaning? Really? So your marriage has been meaningless for 8yrs now? Did you receive a letter from the State informing you that you are no longer married? Did ANYTHING AT ALL about your marriage change? No, nothing changed...except your whining.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#26161 Jan 22, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of us have much broader interests than your narrow legal interests. It's OK for us to post here too! It doesn't say "narrow legal interests only!" in the title.

Your interests are very narrow, My interests are very BROAD!

FUN Stuff!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#26162 Jan 22, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Which means what exactly? The laws governing marriage apply to all men and women equally.
It means she has no rebuttal but you're still wrong!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#26163 Jan 22, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>It loses its fundamental meaning? Really? So your marriage has been meaningless for 8yrs now? Did you receive a letter from the State informing you that you are no longer married? Did ANYTHING AT ALL about your marriage change? No, nothing changed...except your whining.
Same thing will happen to you if polygamy is made legal. Nothing.

The sky won't fall on you. You'll still be whining and crying that it should be illegal because of the children! And the forced child brides! And other horrors only dopely imagined.

Mona Lott! What a dope!
Pietro Armando

Boston, MA

#26164 Jan 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The sky won't fall on you. You'll still be whining and crying that it should be illegal because of the children! And the forced child brides! And other horrors only dopely imagined.
Mona Lott! What a dope!
Ya beat me to it paisan.....I was thinking the same thing...just didn't get a chance to respond. Even Jane Doo Doo can see the flaw in his(?) response. Would a state allowing same sex siblings to marry affect anyone else's marriage personally? No. Sooooo...the opposite sex requirement is unfair, not constitutional, mean, yada yada yada....but all the other requirements are just hunky Dorey. Where is the line drawn?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#26165 Jan 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Mona Lott! What a dope!
Except I never said polygamy should be illegal. Geez, pal... dense much?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#26166 Jan 22, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya beat me to it paisan.....I was thinking the same thing...just didn't get a chance to respond. Even Jane Doo Doo can see the flaw in his(?) response. Would a state allowing same sex siblings to marry affect anyone else's marriage personally? No. Sooooo...the opposite sex requirement is unfair, not constitutional, mean, yada yada yada....but all the other requirements are just hunky Dorey. Where is the line drawn?
Flaw in my response? Really?...and just what was that?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#26167 Jan 22, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Except I never said polygamy should be illegal. Geez, pal... dense much?

Which marriage requirements and/or restrictions are acceptable to you?

Location hidden

#26168 Jan 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of us have much broader interests than your narrow legal interests. It's OK for us to post here too! It doesn't say "narrow legal interests only!" in the title.
Your interests are very narrow, My interests are very BROAD!
FUN Stuff!
Yea we all know how you are interested in the broads.

We also know you have no interest in the law which is what the marriage argument is based upon.

Why not go out and get laid?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#26169 Jan 22, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Which marriage requirements and/or restrictions are acceptable to you?
For me personally, I have no interest in getting married. If a couple wishes to be married and they are, for whatever reason, denied, they have a right to take their grievance to court.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#26170 Jan 22, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Flaw in my response? Really?...and just what was that?
Let's see what u wrote:

(It loses its fundamental meaning? Really? So your marriage has been meaningless for 8yrs now? Did you receive a letter from the State informing you that you are no longer married? Did ANYTHING AT ALL about your marriage change? No, nothing changed...except your whining.)

"Fundamental meaning"as it applies to marriage as a common institution....a shared understanding of its purpose, function, and benefit to society based......not individual marriages. Is it your contention that legal SSM has had no negative impact on individual marriages? If the answer is yes, then the question is, and this is where the flaw is, "How would legal plural marriage, sane sex sibling marriage, etc., effect any one's marriage personally?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New education minister's ties to church critici... 4 min Christshariahns 3
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 9 min Howdy 55,900
What counts as a 'real name' on Facebook? 10 min Christshariahns 7
Catholic League to sit out St. Patrick's Day pa... 14 min Christshariahns 77
US judge upholds state same-sex marriage ban, r... 15 min Frankie Rizzo 760
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 17 min Poof1 781
UN leader begins term during period of 'tumult' 22 min Professor Jumper 4
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 23 min dirtclod 417
Ginsburg: Watch 6th Circuit on gay marriage 37 min Frankie Rizzo 49
Web filter lifts block on gay sitesWeb filter l... 1 hr NE Jade 24