Obama Announces Full Support for Gay ...

Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage

There are 26169 comments on the politix.topix.com story from May 9, 2012, titled Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage. In it, politix.topix.com reports that:

It's a historic day for gay rights activists: Obama has just announced his support for gay marriage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at politix.topix.com.

“Just Call It Marriage Now”

Since: Sep 08

All rights For All!

#26142 Jan 21, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor do opposite sex couples have to.....only sex between men and women is potentially procreative. Proponents of SSM are arguing from the standpoint that same sex personal intimate emotional sexual relationships are in fact marriages, even though there is still significant disagreement nation wide on this point, and seek to graft them onto the existing legal, cultural, historical, and/or religious understanding, and structure, of marriage as a union of husband and wife, including the body of laws that address that sexual union.
Marriage serves society by linking men, women, and their children together. Any deviations from this only serve to increase the instability of that function.
and most of those in opposition to equality in marriage argue that every single couple are and should only get married to procreate.

In a world that is already failing because we humans have over populated it, why make laws that married couples must have offspring?

That's like saying all pet owners must breed their animals. It just makes no sense to demand that people keep making more.

Mrs Whitewater
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#26143 Jan 21, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
In other words, if you have to share it, you won't feel special anymore. That's whre you're going with this.
<quoted text>
No. Not at all. Your anger and selfishness is making you stupid.

If you cannot discuss the topic without getting so emotional, please don't try.

All rights For All!

#26144 Jan 21, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Well done!
Thank you. It seems common sense is a rare commodity around here.

Bright Blessings,
Mrs Whitewater

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#26145 Jan 21, 2013
1) Parents and offspring are equally joined regardless of marital status.

2) What the populace views as marriage is immaterial; civil marriage is a legal issue, not a popularity contest. BTW--just over half the population supports SSM--so by your logic, it should already be legal in every state.

3) Since SSM already exists, there is no redefining going on.

4) Again, this is about equal protection under the law, not what the state "needs."
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Do u disagree with that statement?
<quoted text>
First, you are proceeding from the assumption that same sex personal intimate sexual relationships are viewed as "marriage" by the population at large. Clearly that's not the case. Second, you nor I can know the long term consequences of redefing an institution fundamental to societal stability. Third, there is a small segnent of the gay community who opposes redefining marriage because of its importance to society. Legal recognition yes, redefining marriage, no. Lastly what is the compelling need to recognize same sex relationships as marriage? Are there legions of unwed pregnant men out there? Women accidentally impregnated by sperm producing women? Why does society need two men/women to marry? What will happen if they don't?

All rights For All!

#26146 Jan 21, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, did I hurt your feelings Miss Thing? Good!
Not at all. I would not allow you that power over me.
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jerald has admitted his grammar mistakes that you are defending, didn't you notice? Maybe try and tell him he wasn't wrong, but he knows he was. Too funny!
To be honest, if my eye did catch a grammer error, I moved right passed it so my mind could take in the meessage he was conveying.

My statements stand on their own without having to lower myself to picking out someone else;s mistakes.
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Save your phony "Bright Blessings", Jackass. You don't wish me "Bright Blessings", you fake.
See, this is what I am speaking of. When you have no more proof, no more arguments that are valid in your mind, you turn to name calling.

If you really wanted to make the derogatory comment fit me, the correct derogatory slang would be biotch.(of course, spelled differently)

My signature is a reminder to myself and not a blessing to you when I post. I am reminding myself that everyone is a spiritual being and made by God. I would hate to piss Him off because I hated one of His creations.
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't have "souls" to try and save fundie.

Well, I suspected but I wasn't going to assume.
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck searching for yours. When you die you're dead. If there is someone we must reckon with, what are you going to tell him when he asks about your hypocrisy and bigotry?
Hope that helps.
My converstation with God on my day of reconning is between myself and Him. Please know that you need not worry, I'm all good to go.:)

Bright Blessings,
Mrs Whitewater
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#26147 Jan 21, 2013
Mrs-Whitewater wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. I would not allow you that power over me.
<quoted text>
To be honest, if my eye did catch a grammer error, I moved right passed it so my mind could take in the meessage he was conveying.
My statements stand on their own without having to lower myself to picking out someone else;s mistakes.
<quoted text>
See, this is what I am speaking of. When you have no more proof, no more arguments that are valid in your mind, you turn to name calling.
If you really wanted to make the derogatory comment fit me, the correct derogatory slang would be biotch.(of course, spelled differently)
My signature is a reminder to myself and not a blessing to you when I post. I am reminding myself that everyone is a spiritual being and made by God. I would hate to piss Him off because I hated one of His creations.
<quoted text>
Well, I suspected but I wasn't going to assume.
<quoted text>
My converstation with God on my day of reconning is between myself and Him. Please know that you need not worry, I'm all good to go.:)
Bright Blessings,
Mrs Whitewater
I nominate your post for the most pompous of the year!

The guy made a lot of mistakes in grammar. I mentioned them. He admitted them. You butted in defending his mistakes claiming they weren't mistakes and that I was wrong! Now you're embarrassed and mad at me!

Priceless!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#26148 Jan 21, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post toots! What does it mean? Marriage means a lot to many people, otherwise all the whiners and malcontents like you wouldn't post here!
What a dummy!
The civil marriage is a contract between two individuals recorded before an administrative judge at the court house. Everything else is completely irrelevant.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#26149 Jan 21, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
The civil marriage is a contract between two individuals recorded before an administrative judge at the court house. Everything else is completely irrelevant.
Including your dopey comments. And you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#26150 Jan 21, 2013
Mrs-Whitewater wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. It seems common sense is a rare commodity around here.
Bright Blessings,
Mrs Whitewater
>Gag!<

Location hidden

#26151 Jan 21, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Including your dopey comments. And you.
Oh yea? Up yours tosser!!!!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#26152 Jan 21, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yea? Up yours tosser!!!!
Exit only! Except for my silly Chinese doctor's slim finger once a year! And he doesn't even buy me dinner. Sends me a bill!

Hi toots! Love ya silly! How they not hangin' tonight?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#26153 Jan 21, 2013
Mrs-Whitewater wrote:
<quoted text>
and most of those in opposition to equality in marriage argue that every single couple are and should only get married to procreate.
Who is arguing that the husband and wife are not equal? That they are both not needed equally to have a valid marital relationship?

Not every OSC needs to procreate or should in order to marry. There will always be those that don't. I don't need to tell you that sex, aka coital intercourse, between men and women, makes babies. Is it not in the best interest of the state that sex, and its natural consequence, conception occur within the conjugal marital relationship?
In a world that is already failing because we humans have over populated it, why make laws that married couples must have offspring?
What state requires a married couple to procreate? Perhaps SSM is a form of birth control?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#26154 Jan 21, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I see oh Wonderful, Wise, and Witty Wizard of Waste Water. Why does marriage exist in the first place?

Location hidden

#26155 Jan 21, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I see oh Wonderful, Wise, and Witty Wizard of Waste Water. Why does marriage exist in the first place?
Who cares? I'm only interested in the part that provides equal protection of our laws as defined in the Constitution.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#26156 Jan 21, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Since there is no definitive answer, what is yours?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#26157 Jan 21, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares? I'm only interested in the part that provides equal protection of our laws as defined in the Constitution.
Which means what exactly? The laws governing marriage apply to all men and women equally.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#26158 Jan 21, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Since there is no definitive answer, what is yours?
Synper

Think about it. What is the one universal cross time, cross cultural, central feature of marriage? Male female relationship. Why....that's easy....sex makes babies. Marriage has either been one man one wife, or one many wives. If SSM is such a hot idea, why didn't it develop along side OSM? Same sex sexual behavior isn't new....so why no deep rooted SSM across time and place?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#26159 Jan 21, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exit only! Except for my silly Chinese doctor's slim finger once a year! And he doesn't even buy me dinner. Sends me a bill!
Hi toots! Love ya silly! How they not hangin' tonight?
Funny stuff...didn't quite get Wastey's "tosser" dig until I read this.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#26160 Jan 22, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Not hard to figure out there Doo Doo. Either marriage is understood to mean a legally, culturally, historically, and/or rekiguous union of husband and wife orientated around the procreative aspect of that union for the stability and greater good of their children, and thus society as a WHOLE, or it means what ever any combination of adults mean it to be. Thus it loses its fundamental meaning. Why do SSMers get to redefine marriage for a few, but no one else gets to redefine it to fit their view of marriage?
It loses its fundamental meaning? Really? So your marriage has been meaningless for 8yrs now? Did you receive a letter from the State informing you that you are no longer married? Did ANYTHING AT ALL about your marriage change? No, nothing changed...except your whining.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#26161 Jan 22, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of us have much broader interests than your narrow legal interests. It's OK for us to post here too! It doesn't say "narrow legal interests only!" in the title.

Your interests are very narrow, My interests are very BROAD!

FUN Stuff!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 1 min Reverend Alan 7,033
Are the mods fair and balanced? 8 min Sonoma Coma 852
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 11 min Notgonnahappen 217
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 13 min Fa-Foxy 454
News Governors vow to fight SCOTUS ruling on gay mar... 17 min Mothra 596
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 22 min Respect71 5,793
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 23 min NoMo 5,222
News 'You can't have marriage equality without polyg... 5 hr Phyllis Schlafly ... 58
More from around the web