Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage

May 9, 2012 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: politix.topix.com

It's a historic day for gay rights activists: Obama has just announced his support for gay marriage.

Comments (Page 1,255)

Showing posts 25,081 - 25,100 of26,178
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't say I was angry?
Don't lie, you know damn well what I am talking about, your hypocrisy in supporting same sex marriage but not supporting poly marriage or incest marriage.
I said you seemed angry; that is not an insult. I never said I didn't support incest or poly marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
The concept is stupid and unprovable.... just like you: meaningless.
Rebuttal? helloooooooooooooo.... you didn't prove anything. What is there to rebut? You made a meaningless statement. The burden of proof is yours. YOU said it, YOU prove it. Oh wait... you can't... that's why you just keep repeating it. Insisting that "everything=nothing" is silly and unsupportable.
You really don't understand the simple concept that if marriage means everything, it means nothing? You should be embarrassed, not proud.

If marriage means everything, everyone will be married. It won't mean anything. Very simple concept.

I'd like to find the place where it is fair and equal to everyone. I think it includes same sex poly and incest marriage. You obviously do not. No reason to get angry. I am simply more tolerant than you.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would they want to marry someone they're not attracted to? Why can't they marry the one they ARE attracted to. At least they can in some states.
Why not call it something else? Is this a self esteem issue?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage means nothing. It is a legal issue dummy.
Stated by the Wonderful and Wise Wizard of Waste Water
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
I said you seemed angry; that is not an insult. I never said I didn't support incest or poly marriage.
Yeah, that seems to be universal here, I mention poly, everyone gets very angry but they won't admit they are against it.

They, like you, just say "I didn't say I was against it." Yeah, well you didn't say you were for it did you?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post toots! What does it mean? Marriage means a lot to many people, otherwise all the whiners and malcontents like you wouldn't post here!
What a dummy!
Go Frankie!

“Alley Cat Blues”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not call it something else? Is this a self esteem issue?
It possibly is for you.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You really don't understand the simple concept that if marriage means everything, it means nothing? You should be embarrassed, not proud.
If marriage means everything, everyone will be married. It won't mean anything. Very simple concept.
I'd like to find the place where it is fair and equal to everyone. I think it includes same sex poly and incest marriage. You obviously do not. No reason to get angry. I am simply more tolerant than you.
everything=nothing? A very simple concept indeed. So simple you can't even explain it.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Go Frankie!
Perhaps YOU can explain what you THINK he means? Good luck.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
They, like you, just say "I didn't say I was against it." Yeah, well you didn't say you were for it did you?
... and you think that proves the opposite? nincompoop.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they want marriage. Same as what you have. Simple.
Same as what I have? A marriage of husband and wife of 20 plus years and our biological children ?Excellent! Then marry like I did. Find yourself someone of the opposite sex to be your lawfully wedded respective husband or wife. Its not hard to figure out. Tell ya what we'll even let male lesbians marry women. Nothing says both lesbians in a lesbian marriage have to be female.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that seems to be universal here, I mention poly, everyone gets very angry but they won't admit they are against it.
I support marriage between two individuals, whether they be man and woman, two women or two men. I don't have to support polygamy in order to support marriage between two people. I neither support nor abhor polygamy; I am indifferent on the issue.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Same as what I have? A marriage of husband and wife of 20 plus years and our biological children ?Excellent! Then marry like I did. Find yourself someone of the opposite sex to be your lawfully wedded respective husband or wife. Its not hard to figure out. Tell ya what we'll even let male lesbians marry women. Nothing says both lesbians in a lesbian marriage have to be female.
No dear, I mean the same right that you have to pursue marriage with an unrelated, consenting adult. Bye.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps YOU can explain what you THINK he means? Good luck.
Not hard to figure out there Doo Doo. Either marriage is understood to mean a legally, culturally, historically, and/or rekiguous union of husband and wife orientated around the procreative aspect of that union for the stability and greater good of their children, and thus society as a WHOLE, or it means what ever any combination of adults mean it to be. Thus it loses its fundamental meaning. Why do SSMers get to redefine marriage for a few, but no one else gets to redefine it to fit their view of marriage?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>... and you think that proves the opposite? nincompoop.
It proves you refuse to state your opinion. Why?

Why make us guess? Just tell us.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Not hard to figure out there Doo Doo. Either marriage is understood to mean a legally, culturally, historically, and/or rekiguous union of husband and wife orientated around the procreative aspect of that union for the stability and greater good of their children, and thus society as a WHOLE, or it means what ever any combination of adults mean it to be. Thus it loses its fundamental meaning. Why do SSMers get to redefine marriage for a few, but no one else gets to redefine it to fit their view of marriage?
Jane (it's hard remembering he is a man with a name like Jane!) Dodo knows what it means, it's just his usual diversionary tactic he uses whenever he's at a loss for an effective rebuttal, which is always.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
No dear, I mean the same right that you have to pursue marriage with an unrelated, consenting adult. Bye.
Which denies that right to a related consenting adult. Why?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
I support marriage between two individuals, whether they be man and woman, two women or two men. I don't have to support polygamy in order to support marriage between two people. I neither support nor abhor polygamy; I am indifferent on the issue.
Yeah, you are "indifferent". Translation- you don't want it legalized but don't want to say that since it would reveal your hypocrisy.

If you were truly indifferent you wouldn't have responded.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem fixated on the number two.....yet....Out of 1170 societies recorded in Murdock’s Ethnographic Atlas, polygyny (the practice of men having more than one wife) is prevalent in 850. Even our own culture, which has an astoundingly high divorce and remarriage rate, practices a form of serial polygamy.

“Post-religious”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like you have done in this response?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 25,081 - 25,100 of26,178
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

45 Users are viewing the Gay/Lesbian Forum right now

Search the Gay/Lesbian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple We... (Dec '13) 6 min HMT 123 Observatory 15,583
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 7 min Pietro Armando 50,772
Court favors disclosing anti-gay marriage donors 24 min eJohn 1,572
Indiana Won't Recognize Same-Sex Marriages 27 min Pat Robertson s Fatwass 85
Small SC town rallies for fired gay police chief 33 min Pat Robertson s Fatwass 1
Heritage of Trademark: The Legal Battle Over Ow... 34 min Pat Robertson s Fatwass 3
Singapore backs call to destroy gay-themed books 35 min Pat Robertson s Fatwass 22
Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage 38 min eJohn 1,871
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••