Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage

May 9, 2012 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: politix.topix.com

It's a historic day for gay rights activists: Obama has just announced his support for gay marriage.

Comments
25,061 - 25,080 of 26,178 Comments Last updated Oct 27, 2013
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Well done!
No it wasn't. It was a stupid pack of lies! Jerald "checkmated" me! When was that?

Too funny!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Mrs-Whitewater wrote:
<quoted text>
How typical. Instead of staying your course and proving your argument, you turn to another and ask the same question again hoping for different results.
Jerald check mated you and your ego simply can't take the blow, so you lower yourself to calling Jerald and others names, while flailing yourself all about.
How old must one be before they realize that the tantrums they threw as children will have the same "affect" on them now as they did then: ignored. The only difference is when you have tantrums as an adult, you will not only be ignored, but people will talk about you and say, "Bless his soul" http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Bright Blessings,
Mrs Whitewater
Please refer us to the post where Jerald "checkmated" me.

Please refer us to the post where I threw a tantrum.

Please stop lying and stop your stupid ad hominem. I called you a jackass and hurt your feelings. Get over it. Your dopey attempts at revenge don't bother me, they're FUNNY!

Now lets get back to the topic. Why are you a hypocrite? Why do you support monogamous homosexuals but not polygamous homosexuals?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>I think you talk out of both sides of your mouth. You apparently want marriage to mean nothing.
No I don't. I want to find the point where it's fair and equal for everyone but still means something. Why does that make you so angry?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee..... ask everyone if they are alive. The answer is always yes. I guess being alive means nothing, eh?
Insert your favorite "dopey" ad hominem here:_________
Now multiply it by infinity. The result is your stupidity score.
You really can't understand that concept? WOW! You're stupid.

If marriage means everything, it will mean nothing. It's a simple concept really. I think you get it but you don't have a rebuttal so you resort to your usual M.O.- ad hominem. You don't like the concept so you call me it stupid.

Why are you against equal rights?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Repeating that silliness often doesn't make it any less silly. Everything=nothing? Oh wait.... you're the same person that thinks 3=2.
No. I don't think 3 = 2. I think same sex couples can have a marriage. I think 3 people can have a marriage.

I think you are a bigot. And I am not.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I see.....and within that rational statement lies an answer. A legally recognized committed union for SSCs should be an option. There's no reason it can't be. Instead of trying to be just like husband and wife, why not focus on same sex spouses for life and the uniqueness of both male and female same sex unions. Both sides win
Why not let them be married. Both sides win in that scenario too. Same sex couples should not have to settle for anything less than marriage.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't. I want to find the point where it's fair and equal for everyone but still means something. Why does that make you so angry?
Who says I'm angry? Sounds like you're the angry one here.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says I'm angry? Sounds like you're the angry one here.
Please skip your ad hominem and get on topic.

Tell us why "man" woman" is irrelevant in "one man one woman" but "one" isn't.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Please skip your ad hominem and get on topic.
Tell us why "man" woman" is irrelevant in "one man one woman" but "one" isn't.
There were no ad hominem attacks in my post. As for the rest of your post, I have no idea what you're talking about. Bye.
Pietro Armando

Brighton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not let them be married. Both sides win in that scenario too. Same sex couples should not have to settle for anything less than marriage.
If they, as individuals want to marry, and be treated like everybody else, then marry like everybody else. Simple as that.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
If marriage means everything, it will mean nothing. It's a simple concept really. I think you get it but you don't have a rebuttal so you resort to your usual M.O.- ad hominem. You don't like the concept so you call me it stupid.
Marriage means nothing. It is a legal issue dummy.
Pietro Armando

Brighton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
No gay couple is trying to be just like a "husband and wife". You seem a little confused. But don't worry.
Of course! It must have been the two lesbians....you know the pair... one wore a tuxedo the other a wedding dress for the ceremony...that's what threw me off.

[QUOTE[
EACH gay person entering a marriage with another gay person of the same gender is absolutely unique, and brings their own strengths, weaknesses, and personality traits to the marriage.
[/QUOTE]

As does the gay or bisexual person who marries someone of the opposite sex.
Their gender is not what makes them special and unique individuals.
It certainly adds to it as it also forms the foundation of their same sex attraction.
But, the love is the same. The attraction is the same. The commitment is the same. The need for recognition is the same. The benefits and protections are the same. Their children benefit in the same way. Elderly gay married couples are more secure in the same way. Society benefits from their strong family in the same way.
Yep, it's a marriage all right!
[/QUOTE[

Hmmmmm......its round, fits nicely on a bun, color seems the same, texture too, even has grill marks.....it must be a hamburger! Surprise! Its a veggie burger!

I asked my daughters about the non gender specific whole benefiting thing...if it differs between me and Mom (my wife) because of our gender....once they stopped laughing, they said "of course there's a difference you're a guy, and Mom's a girl.....where'd you get some crazy idea that there wasn't?.....besides how do u think we got here to begin with....Duh!". Ahhhhh....out of the mouths of babes.

Why don't you ask your Mom and Dad, if ya can, what they think of the whole no difference in gender as it relates to kids.

[QUOTE]
For ALL the same reasons, save one. And that has never and WILL never be a legal requirement for any marriage.
That one is the BIG ONE......remember one plus one equals three....or four...or five. Two go to bed, but three or more get up. Even gay kids have a Mom and Dad, and were conceived the old fashion way. Some actually grow up, call themselves "Quest", and try to argue there's no gender difference between men and women beyond their plumbing.
Pietro Armando

Brighton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
SSCs don't want marriage, they want the name.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
If they, as individuals want to marry, and be treated like everybody else, then marry like everybody else. Simple as that.
Why would they want to marry someone they're not attracted to? Why can't they marry the one they ARE attracted to. At least they can in some states.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they want marriage. Same as what you have. Simple.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Do u disagree with that statement?
<quoted text>
First, you are proceeding from the assumption that same sex personal intimate sexual relationships are viewed as "marriage" by the population at large. Clearly that's not the case. Second, you nor I can know the long term consequences of redefing an institution fundamental to societal stability. Third, there is a small segnent of the gay community who opposes redefining marriage because of its importance to society. Legal recognition yes, redefining marriage, no. Lastly what is the compelling need to recognize same sex relationships as marriage? Are there legions of unwed pregnant men out there? Women accidentally impregnated by sperm producing women? Why does society need two men/women to marry? What will happen if they don't?
1. Appeal to popularity fallacy
2. Allowing more people to marry will INCREASE stability, you flaming dumbass.
3. Did you really think that point is relevant?
4. The right to petition the government for redress of grievances is every American's right. The question remains: what interest is served by denying equal protection to gay couples? SCOTUS will answer this question in a few months. You are not going to like their answer.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes sense..... sure it does....
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The concept is stupid and unprovable.... just like you: meaningless.

Rebuttal? helloooooooooooooo.... you didn't prove anything. What is there to rebut? You made a meaningless statement. The burden of proof is yours. YOU said it, YOU prove it. Oh wait... you can't... that's why you just keep repeating it. Insisting that "everything=nothing" is silly and unsupportable.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
There were no ad hominem attacks in my post. As for the rest of your post, I have no idea what you're talking about. Bye.
You didn't say I was angry?

Don't lie, you know damn well what I am talking about, your hypocrisy in supporting same sex marriage but not supporting poly marriage or incest marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage means nothing. It is a legal issue dummy.
Great post toots! What does it mean? Marriage means a lot to many people, otherwise all the whiners and malcontents like you wouldn't post here!

What a dummy!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••