Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage

There are 26169 comments on the politix.topix.com story from May 9, 2012, titled Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage. In it, politix.topix.com reports that:

It's a historic day for gay rights activists: Obama has just announced his support for gay marriage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at politix.topix.com.

Pietro Armando

Newton Center, MA

#26102 Jan 21, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
No gay couple is trying to be just like a "husband and wife". You seem a little confused. But don't worry.
Of course! It must have been the two lesbians....you know the pair... one wore a tuxedo the other a wedding dress for the ceremony...that's what threw me off.

[QUOTE[
EACH gay person entering a marriage with another gay person of the same gender is absolutely unique, and brings their own strengths, weaknesses, and personality traits to the marriage.
[/QUOTE]

As does the gay or bisexual person who marries someone of the opposite sex.
Their gender is not what makes them special and unique individuals.
It certainly adds to it as it also forms the foundation of their same sex attraction.
But, the love is the same. The attraction is the same. The commitment is the same. The need for recognition is the same. The benefits and protections are the same. Their children benefit in the same way. Elderly gay married couples are more secure in the same way. Society benefits from their strong family in the same way.
Yep, it's a marriage all right!
[/QUOTE[

Hmmmmm......its round, fits nicely on a bun, color seems the same, texture too, even has grill marks.....it must be a hamburger! Surprise! Its a veggie burger!

I asked my daughters about the non gender specific whole benefiting thing...if it differs between me and Mom (my wife) because of our gender....once they stopped laughing, they said "of course there's a difference you're a guy, and Mom's a girl.....where'd you get some crazy idea that there wasn't?.....besides how do u think we got here to begin with....Duh!". Ahhhhh....out of the mouths of babes.

Why don't you ask your Mom and Dad, if ya can, what they think of the whole no difference in gender as it relates to kids.

[QUOTE]
For ALL the same reasons, save one. And that has never and WILL never be a legal requirement for any marriage.
That one is the BIG ONE......remember one plus one equals three....or four...or five. Two go to bed, but three or more get up. Even gay kids have a Mom and Dad, and were conceived the old fashion way. Some actually grow up, call themselves "Quest", and try to argue there's no gender difference between men and women beyond their plumbing.
Pietro Armando

Newton Center, MA

#26103 Jan 21, 2013
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not let them be married. Both sides win in that scenario too. Same sex couples should not have to settle for anything less than marriage.
SSCs don't want marriage, they want the name.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#26104 Jan 21, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
If they, as individuals want to marry, and be treated like everybody else, then marry like everybody else. Simple as that.
Why would they want to marry someone they're not attracted to? Why can't they marry the one they ARE attracted to. At least they can in some states.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Location hidden

#26105 Jan 21, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they want marriage. Same as what you have. Simple.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#26106 Jan 21, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Do u disagree with that statement?
<quoted text>
First, you are proceeding from the assumption that same sex personal intimate sexual relationships are viewed as "marriage" by the population at large. Clearly that's not the case. Second, you nor I can know the long term consequences of redefing an institution fundamental to societal stability. Third, there is a small segnent of the gay community who opposes redefining marriage because of its importance to society. Legal recognition yes, redefining marriage, no. Lastly what is the compelling need to recognize same sex relationships as marriage? Are there legions of unwed pregnant men out there? Women accidentally impregnated by sperm producing women? Why does society need two men/women to marry? What will happen if they don't?
1. Appeal to popularity fallacy
2. Allowing more people to marry will INCREASE stability, you flaming dumbass.
3. Did you really think that point is relevant?
4. The right to petition the government for redress of grievances is every American's right. The question remains: what interest is served by denying equal protection to gay couples? SCOTUS will answer this question in a few months. You are not going to like their answer.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#26107 Jan 21, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes sense..... sure it does....
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#26108 Jan 21, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You really can't understand that concept? WOW! You're stupid.
If marriage means everything, it will mean nothing. It's a simple concept really. I think you get it but you don't have a rebuttal so you resort to your usual M.O.- ad hominem. You don't like the concept so you call me it stupid.
Why are you against equal rights?
The concept is stupid and unprovable.... just like you: meaningless.

Rebuttal? helloooooooooooooo.... you didn't prove anything. What is there to rebut? You made a meaningless statement. The burden of proof is yours. YOU said it, YOU prove it. Oh wait... you can't... that's why you just keep repeating it. Insisting that "everything=nothing" is silly and unsupportable.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#26109 Jan 21, 2013
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
There were no ad hominem attacks in my post. As for the rest of your post, I have no idea what you're talking about. Bye.
You didn't say I was angry?

Don't lie, you know damn well what I am talking about, your hypocrisy in supporting same sex marriage but not supporting poly marriage or incest marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#26110 Jan 21, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage means nothing. It is a legal issue dummy.
Great post toots! What does it mean? Marriage means a lot to many people, otherwise all the whiners and malcontents like you wouldn't post here!

What a dummy!

“Alley Cat Blues”

Location hidden

#26111 Jan 21, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't say I was angry?
Don't lie, you know damn well what I am talking about, your hypocrisy in supporting same sex marriage but not supporting poly marriage or incest marriage.
I said you seemed angry; that is not an insult. I never said I didn't support incest or poly marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#26112 Jan 21, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
The concept is stupid and unprovable.... just like you: meaningless.
Rebuttal? helloooooooooooooo.... you didn't prove anything. What is there to rebut? You made a meaningless statement. The burden of proof is yours. YOU said it, YOU prove it. Oh wait... you can't... that's why you just keep repeating it. Insisting that "everything=nothing" is silly and unsupportable.
You really don't understand the simple concept that if marriage means everything, it means nothing? You should be embarrassed, not proud.

If marriage means everything, everyone will be married. It won't mean anything. Very simple concept.

I'd like to find the place where it is fair and equal to everyone. I think it includes same sex poly and incest marriage. You obviously do not. No reason to get angry. I am simply more tolerant than you.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#26113 Jan 21, 2013
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would they want to marry someone they're not attracted to? Why can't they marry the one they ARE attracted to. At least they can in some states.
Why not call it something else? Is this a self esteem issue?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#26114 Jan 21, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage means nothing. It is a legal issue dummy.
Stated by the Wonderful and Wise Wizard of Waste Water
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#26115 Jan 21, 2013
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
I said you seemed angry; that is not an insult. I never said I didn't support incest or poly marriage.
Yeah, that seems to be universal here, I mention poly, everyone gets very angry but they won't admit they are against it.

They, like you, just say "I didn't say I was against it." Yeah, well you didn't say you were for it did you?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#26117 Jan 21, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post toots! What does it mean? Marriage means a lot to many people, otherwise all the whiners and malcontents like you wouldn't post here!
What a dummy!
Go Frankie!

“Alley Cat Blues”

Location hidden

#26116 Jan 21, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not call it something else? Is this a self esteem issue?
It possibly is for you.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#26118 Jan 21, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You really don't understand the simple concept that if marriage means everything, it means nothing? You should be embarrassed, not proud.
If marriage means everything, everyone will be married. It won't mean anything. Very simple concept.
I'd like to find the place where it is fair and equal to everyone. I think it includes same sex poly and incest marriage. You obviously do not. No reason to get angry. I am simply more tolerant than you.
everything=nothing? A very simple concept indeed. So simple you can't even explain it.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#26119 Jan 21, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Go Frankie!
Perhaps YOU can explain what you THINK he means? Good luck.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#26120 Jan 21, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
They, like you, just say "I didn't say I was against it." Yeah, well you didn't say you were for it did you?
... and you think that proves the opposite? nincompoop.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#26121 Jan 21, 2013
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they want marriage. Same as what you have. Simple.
Same as what I have? A marriage of husband and wife of 20 plus years and our biological children ?Excellent! Then marry like I did. Find yourself someone of the opposite sex to be your lawfully wedded respective husband or wife. Its not hard to figure out. Tell ya what we'll even let male lesbians marry women. Nothing says both lesbians in a lesbian marriage have to be female.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ireland same-sex marriage 4 min Rainbow Kid 19
News Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, polygamy (Apr '10) 5 min American_Infidel 1,917
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 9 min pearl 3,698
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 34 min NoahLovesU 21,512
News Church reels after Ireland's huge 'Yes' to gay ... 37 min Rainbow Kid 1
News Ted Cruz goes off the rails: 'ISIS is executing... 46 min spud 77
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 54 min Frankie Rizzo 5,628
News 60 Percent: Record Number Of Americans Support ... 3 hr Terra Firma 135
News Josh Duggar apology not enough? Fallout from mo... 23 hr Fa-Foxy 24
More from around the web