Obama Announces Full Support for Gay ...

Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage

There are 26164 comments on the politix.topix.com story from May 9, 2012, titled Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage. In it, politix.topix.com reports that:

It's a historic day for gay rights activists: Obama has just announced his support for gay marriage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at politix.topix.com.

Pietro Armando

Woburn, MA

#25472 Jan 9, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
You would know all about that being a priest yourself Father.
Okay Wastey,,(chuckle).....that wasn't bad.:)

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#25473 Jan 9, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Please forgive me Father for I have sinned...
Pietro Armando

Schenectady, NY

#25474 Jan 9, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Please forgive me Father for I have sinned...
Much better my son...Salud! Two snaps up!

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#25475 Jan 9, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Well hello Rose, I had a hunch we might meet again, come via? How's going?
Anyway, the problem with the "what harm does it do if we allow (_________ to marry", is that at some point, marriage becomes pointless. Two lesbians? Okay. Two gay men, okay. A man and a woman, okay, two brothers, okay. Two sisters, okay, one man and several women, okay. Etc.is any and all combinations acceptable as long as the adults are consenting? If inclusion is the objective, no reason to deny any combination.
Well, you're entitled to believe that.....but I don't think siblings are really into marrying each other......and your polygamy issue has been addressed many times by many people......polygamist don't need to wait until the right to marry is there for Same-Sex Couples.......they can start their fight at any time and I wish them all the luck.....but it isn't my fight and If they should be successful, their marriage still will have no affect on mine!!!

Location hidden

#25476 Jan 9, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh wise and Wonderful Wizard of Waste Water what exactly is that expense you're referring to, and which families are nrgatively impacted by promoting, protecting, and/or preferring the biological nuclear family of mom, dad, and their bio kids?
Fallacy #1: Marriage does nothing to protect the biological family.

Fallacy #2: Giving Same-sex families equal protection and due process has no impact on opposite-sex families.

Two for Zero buddy.
Jane Dodo

West New York, NJ

#25477 Jan 9, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
We all know that legal SSM has opened the door to some form of legalized polygamy down the road....its the pink elephant in the rainbow clubhouse. No matter how much you b!tech, moan, complain, or try to distance yourself from it polygamy is tied to the SSM movement. When the Brown family gives a TV interview supporting SSM, probably on more than one occasion, the least you can do is say, "thank you".
Did polygamy become legal when the New York legislature signed gay marriage into law? Why not?
Jane Dodo

West New York, NJ

#25478 Jan 9, 2013
Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
So what?
Someone has to have a case before SCOTUS before you'll give them the same consideration and respect you give SSM?
They are committed to each other. Whatever commitment they have is their business just like any other marriage, bigot.
Do they commit to monogamy? [email protected]
Just like any other marriage? Mkay.... except there aren't any polygamous marriages in the USA.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#25479 Jan 10, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
That should have read "come va" not "come via"
Nobody's impressed with your "Italianness."

Location hidden

#25480 Jan 10, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the mocking bird.
Mikey DiRucci

Hayward, CA

#25481 Jan 10, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Do they commit to monogamy? [email protected]
Just like any other marriage? Mkay.... except there aren't any polygamous marriages in the USA.
They commit to each other. But it's really not your busybody business what they commit to just like it isn't in any other marriage.

Wasn't very long ago at all there were no same sex weddings in the USA.

Your bigotry and hypocrisy is showing.
sickofit

Austin, MN

#25482 Jan 10, 2013
Who doesnt support CONSTITUTIONAL civil rights and freedom and equality?????

nazi fascist KKK traitors like the GOP??????????

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#25483 Jan 10, 2013
It may or may not be used to further polygamy; I dont give a damn. It's irrelevant to OUR attainment of rights. SSM will not ensure polygamy due to other, more stringent, legal impediments.

When the brown family gives an interview, I laugh and change the channel. Nothing that redneck and his doormats have to say interests me.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
We all know that legal SSM has opened the door to some form of legalized polygamy down the road....its the pink elephant in the rainbow clubhouse. No matter how much you b!tech, moan, complain, or try to distance yourself from it polygamy is tied to the SSM movement. When the Brown family gives a TV interview supporting SSM, probably on more than one occasion, the least you can do is say, "thank you".

Indianapolis

#25484 Jan 10, 2013
You men, marriage will be pointless for you because you want to belong to a special club. If this is your point, then why are you advocating the two forms of "marriage" specifically denied by law?
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Well hello Rose, I had a hunch we might meet again, come via? How's going?
Anyway, the problem with the "what harm does it do if we allow (_________ to marry", is that at some point, marriage becomes pointless. Two lesbians? Okay. Two gay men, okay. A man and a woman, okay, two brothers, okay. Two sisters, okay, one man and several women, okay. Etc.is any and all combinations acceptable as long as the adults are consenting? If inclusion is the objective, no reason to deny any combination.

Indianapolis

#25485 Jan 10, 2013
Did you see this?
http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Illinois-Pri...
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
You would know all about that being a priest yourself Father.
Pietro Armando

Schenectady, NY

#25486 Jan 10, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Do they commit to monogamy? [email protected]
Actually there are, they're just not legally recognized.

http://lovetimesthree.com/

Americans actually practice a form of polygamy. Its called serial monogamy. For example a man can have several ex wives with kids, and a current legal wife with kids. All seem to have a legal status as it relates to him. The question is, why does society allow that arrangement, but not allow coexisting simultaneously legal marriages? Granted polygamy makes legal issues complicated, not impossible however, yet oddly serial monogamy is okay, but polygamy. Where's the "morally acceptable" line drawn, and why?
Mikey DiRucci

Hayward, CA

#25487 Jan 10, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
You men, marriage will be pointless for you because you want to belong to a special club. If this is your point, then why are you advocating the two forms of "marriage" specifically denied by law?
<quoted text>
Probably for the same reasons you are. Equality. Love. Commitment. Stability.
Anti sickofit the commie

Schenectady, NY

#25488 Jan 10, 2013
sickofit wrote:
Who doesnt support CONSTITUTIONAL civil rights and freedom and equality?????
nazi fascist KKK traitors like the GOP??????????
Who doesn't support CONSTITUTIONAL civil rights and freedom and equity??????

Commie soviet KGB Animal Farm Orwellian traitors like the DEMORATS??????????
Pietro Armando

Schenectady, NY

#25489 Jan 10, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
It may or may not be used to further polygamy; I dont give a damn. It's irrelevant to OUR attainment of rights. SSM will not ensure polygamy due to other, more stringent, legal impediments.
When the brown family gives an interview, I laugh and change the channel. Nothing that redneck and his doormats have to say interests me.
<quoted text>
YOU WATCH THE BROWN FAMILY on TV?????!!!!

Let me guess, "Queer Eye for the Polygamy Guy"
Mikey DiRucci

Hayward, CA

#25490 Jan 10, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Americans actually practice a form of polygamy. Its called serial monogamy. For example a man can have several ex wives with kids, and a current legal wife with kids. All seem to have a legal status as it relates to him. The question is, why does society allow that arrangement, but not allow coexisting simultaneously legal marriages? Granted polygamy makes legal issues complicated, not impossible however, yet oddly serial monogamy is okay, but polygamy. Where's the "morally acceptable" line drawn, and why?
Outstanding post paisan!

The one at a time rule is silly and archaic. It was enacted due to hate, ignorance and bigotry against Mormons. People against polygamy must be so proud to perpetuate the inequality.

We know that the hostility to poly from same sex supporters comes from their unfounded and rather ignorant fears that it will somehow jeopardize SSM. And also from their genuine bigotry.

I like to see 'em argue against equal rights though! FUN!
Mikey DiRucci

Hayward, CA

#25491 Jan 10, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Great link by the way. How can anyone hate and deny rights to a family like that? Why would anyone want to? There is no harm. Live and let live.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Britain, EU at odds over timing of divorce talks 4 min Fa-Foxy 1
Is Fa-Foxy a Catholic? 17 min Fa-Foxy 377
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 23 min Rose_NoHo 37,243
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 30 min WasteWater 897
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 33 min WasteWater 12,952
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 43 min toabhah 36,030
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 49 min Frankie Rizzo 583
News Man Accused Of Firing Paintballs At Stockton Ga... 3 hr Uncle Festus 47
More from around the web