Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage

There are 20 comments on the May 9, 2012, politix.topix.com story titled Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage. In it, politix.topix.com reports that:

It's a historic day for gay rights activists: Obama has just announced his support for gay marriage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at politix.topix.com.

Pietro Armando

Dracut, MA

#25466 Jan 9, 2013
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that's discrimination......marriage is not about slot a going into slot b, the State DOESN'T care if the couple can have children, want children, will NEVER have children and that has been proven in many court cases already......itr you that keeps wanting to define marriage on the narrowest terms, instead of it being inclusive, you want it to remain EXCLUSIVE and you are already losing that battle.........allowing Gay and Lesbian couples to marry is NOT harming heterosexuals or their marriages in anyway.......my marriage has NO affect on your marriage........and to say it does just because of how you want to define it......a compelling enough to the State to deny the right to marry.!!!
Well hello Rose, I had a hunch we might meet again, come via? How's going?
Anyway, the problem with the "what harm does it do if we allow (_________ to marry", is that at some point, marriage becomes pointless. Two lesbians? Okay. Two gay men, okay. A man and a woman, okay, two brothers, okay. Two sisters, okay, one man and several women, okay. Etc.is any and all combinations acceptable as long as the adults are consenting? If inclusion is the objective, no reason to deny any combination.
Pietro Armando

Dracut, MA

#25467 Jan 9, 2013
That should have read "come va" not "come via"

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#25469 Jan 9, 2013
Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you don't have a case a SCOTUS it's OK to deny you equal rights?
Your hypocrisy is showing.
Lots of people don't give a rat's ass about SSM, doesn't mean we should deny rights to SSM.
Of course. It happens all the time. This is Amerika.

Location hidden

#25470 Jan 9, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you have a "rat's ass" to begin with? I've heard that gerbils are popular among some of your peeps, but not a rat's ass.:)
You would know all about that being a priest yourself Father.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

#25471 Jan 9, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Are they committed to monogamy? There are NO cases before the Court about polygamy. Period.
So what?

Someone has to have a case before SCOTUS before you'll give them the same consideration and respect you give SSM?

They are committed to each other. Whatever commitment they have is their business just like any other marriage, bigot.

Admit it. You are a hypocrite!

Please give us your anti poly rant! "What about the children?!" Don't say you never did liar. Boy that was something! Like a quacked out fundie with rabies ranting against SSM!

WOO HOOO! Mona Lott!
Pietro Armando

Lynn, MA

#25472 Jan 9, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay Wastey,,(chuckle).....that wasn't bad.:)

Location hidden

#25473 Jan 9, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Please forgive me Father for I have sinned...
Pietro Armando

Schenectady, NY

#25474 Jan 9, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Please forgive me Father for I have sinned...
Much better my son...Salud! Two snaps up!

“SCOTUS will Rule in June for”

Since: Aug 08

MARRIAGE EQUALITY:-)

#25475 Jan 9, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyway, the problem with the "what harm does it do if we allow (_________ to marry", is that at some point, marriage becomes pointless. Two lesbians? Okay. Two gay men, okay. A man and a woman, okay, two brothers, okay. Two sisters, okay, one man and several women, okay. Etc.is any and all combinations acceptable as long as the adults are consenting? If inclusion is the objective, no reason to deny any combination.
Well, you're entitled to believe that.....but I don't think siblings are really into marrying each other......and your polygamy issue has been addressed many times by many people......polygamist don't need to wait until the right to marry is there for Same-Sex Couples.......they can start their fight at any time and I wish them all the luck.....but it isn't my fight and If they should be successful, their marriage still will have no affect on mine!!!

Location hidden

#25476 Jan 9, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh wise and Wonderful Wizard of Waste Water what exactly is that expense you're referring to, and which families are nrgatively impacted by promoting, protecting, and/or preferring the biological nuclear family of mom, dad, and their bio kids?
Fallacy #1: Marriage does nothing to protect the biological family.

Fallacy #2: Giving Same-sex families equal protection and due process has no impact on opposite-sex families.

Two for Zero buddy.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#25477 Jan 9, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
We all know that legal SSM has opened the door to some form of legalized polygamy down the road....its the pink elephant in the rainbow clubhouse. No matter how much you b!tech, moan, complain, or try to distance yourself from it polygamy is tied to the SSM movement. When the Brown family gives a TV interview supporting SSM, probably on more than one occasion, the least you can do is say, "thank you".
Did polygamy become legal when the New York legislature signed gay marriage into law? Why not?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#25478 Jan 9, 2013
Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
So what?
Someone has to have a case before SCOTUS before you'll give them the same consideration and respect you give SSM?
They are committed to each other. Whatever commitment they have is their business just like any other marriage, bigot.
Do they commit to monogamy? LMFAO@you
Just like any other marriage? Mkay.... except there aren't any polygamous marriages in the USA.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#25479 Jan 10, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
That should have read "come va" not "come via"
Nobody's impressed with your "Italianness."

Location hidden

#25480 Jan 10, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the mocking bird.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

#25481 Jan 10, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Do they commit to monogamy? LMFAO@you
Just like any other marriage? Mkay.... except there aren't any polygamous marriages in the USA.
They commit to each other. But it's really not your busybody business what they commit to just like it isn't in any other marriage.

Wasn't very long ago at all there were no same sex weddings in the USA.

Your bigotry and hypocrisy is showing.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#25482 Jan 10, 2013
Who doesnt support CONSTITUTIONAL civil rights and freedom and equality?????

nazi fascist KKK traitors like the GOP??????????

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#25483 Jan 10, 2013
It may or may not be used to further polygamy; I dont give a damn. It's irrelevant to OUR attainment of rights. SSM will not ensure polygamy due to other, more stringent, legal impediments.

When the brown family gives an interview, I laugh and change the channel. Nothing that redneck and his doormats have to say interests me.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
We all know that legal SSM has opened the door to some form of legalized polygamy down the road....its the pink elephant in the rainbow clubhouse. No matter how much you b!tech, moan, complain, or try to distance yourself from it polygamy is tied to the SSM movement. When the Brown family gives a TV interview supporting SSM, probably on more than one occasion, the least you can do is say, "thank you".

Indianapolis

#25484 Jan 10, 2013
You men, marriage will be pointless for you because you want to belong to a special club. If this is your point, then why are you advocating the two forms of "marriage" specifically denied by law?
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>

Indianapolis

#25485 Jan 10, 2013
Did you see this?
http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Illinois-Pri...
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Pietro Armando

Schenectady, NY

#25486 Jan 10, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Do they commit to monogamy? LMFAO@you
Actually there are, they're just not legally recognized.

http://lovetimesthree.com/

Americans actually practice a form of polygamy. Its called serial monogamy. For example a man can have several ex wives with kids, and a current legal wife with kids. All seem to have a legal status as it relates to him. The question is, why does society allow that arrangement, but not allow coexisting simultaneously legal marriages? Granted polygamy makes legal issues complicated, not impossible however, yet oddly serial monogamy is okay, but polygamy. Where's the "morally acceptable" line drawn, and why?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Online Fundraiser For Oregon Bakery Removed Aft... 2 min Roscoe 3
NE Jade Monday Thread 6 min Lars 1
Are the mods fair and balanced? 6 min Frankie Rizzo 668
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 7 min Pietro Armando 2,126
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 16 min Frankie Rizzo 19,961
News Religious leaders plan to protest changes to RFRA 26 min david traversa 6
News Most gay and bisexual men in the United States ... (Aug '14) 26 min Roscoe 22
News Judge proposes Oregon bakery pay $135,000 to le... 38 min Wondering 158
News Top U.S. court appears on cusp of declaring rig... 1 hr Otter in the Ozarks 23
More from around the web